armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:09 am

Post by armlx »

Personally I don't like it when people post long ass analysis. I know most scum can't be bothered, but they are just annoying to read.
Actually, the most scum can't be bothered isn't true, its just it actively hurts them to do so.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 am

Post by armlx »

icemanE wrote:Alvin seems to be playing a pretty easy hand here with his QFT and vote hop.
Oh, and this.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Battousai »

Crazy: You say asking who a confirmed town player finds suspicious is a scumtell based on the fact it lets the person get by without making a case. Yet when I did it, I was already voting someone and then I later changed my vote to someone else before DGB answered. I must have had a case, either typed or in my notes, to make the vote, unless I just said "Vote: BM" or "Vote: Max."

So please, tell me why me asking DGB who she wanted to bomb, and still presenting something of a case against someone is still a scumtell.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:22 am

Post by M4yhem »

springlullaby wrote: @Mayhem - dull profit to scum because it is akin to staying under the radar. And staying under the radar definitively profit scum, especially in a setting like this. What do you think
I think you have a point about game theory but I’m not sure Armlx is any duller here than in his other games...
Crazy wrote: I will swear by the fact that I have never had any emotional strain playing as scum. I have faked it, but I've never had it for real.
Not everyone is you. I’ve panicked as scum before; mainly when I was newer and couldn’t deal with pressure votes.
Crazy wrote: 1. Page 14: M4yhem went back to the age-old question of "Why would scum bomb DGB" in #326. Why?
2.I have no idea why in the world M4yhem thinks questioning a confirmed townie is a pro-town sign... (it's not; it let's people slide out of making their own cases)
3.M4yhem voting Coron after saying he was pro-town this whole game rings my scum-dar quite a lot.
1. I didn’t think DGB’s first answer was comprehensive enough.
2. No, that’s
following
a confirmed townie. Questioning a confirmed townie shows you care about truth, not just making people look scummy.
3. I sometimes change my mind.
springlullaby wrote: So, crazy, why don't you post a nice tidy list of your top suspects
and the guys you think are town
, with reasons you think so, instead?
Sounds like a good idea (except the townie part, don’t feed the scum targets); how about you do this too?

BM is a lurker.

I’d prefer Alvinz over Crazy. I think Crazy is crazy but not scummy at the moment.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:24 am

Post by armlx »

BM is a lurker.
Epic lols.
I’d prefer Alvinz over Crazy. I think Crazy is crazy but not scummy at the moment.
What specifically makes Crazy's actions not scummy.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Max »

That is the first time that statement is true, where is BM, he hasn't posted for ages
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 am

Post by armlx »

Max wrote:That is the first time that statement is true, where is BM, he hasn't posted for ages
He's kinda disappeared across site.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:04 am

Post by icemanE »

That is the first time that statement is true, where is BM, he hasn't posted for ages
He returned, he's modding a game I'm in and he said he'll be back in action tonight.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Max »

I know he posted the *I'm Here* post.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Crazy »

springlullaby wrote:Personally I don't like it when people post long ass analysis. I know most scum can't be bothered, but they are just annoying to read.

So, crazy, why don't you post a nice tidy list of your top suspects and the guys you think are town, with reasons you think so, instead?
I agree. I usually don't read analyses like what I post, anyway. But I was in such a desperate need to reread that I didn't really have any opinions. And for goodness sakes, I needed to post
something
. Now I have some opinions, of course but they're only based on the first 20 pages. So, I'll start work on what you said after I finish rereading, if I'm alive, of course.

And once I'm invested into a game, I usually post frequently (sometimes I'm even up to BM's standard). So believe me, once I catch up, I'll be posting
way
more than Alvinz.

Batt: It's only scummy in the way that it's not useful. Can you tell me why you felt the need to ask DGB stuff?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:57 am

Post by icemanE »

Words Crazy uses that seem to summarize what I think of him:
desperate
I didn't really have any opinions
I usually post frequently
scummy
I needed to post
something.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:00 am

Post by armlx »

That, and he's asking for more time.... right before the deadline. Convenient.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Crazy »

armlx wrote:That, and he's asking for more time.... right before the deadline. Convenient.
Make sense. I didn't know about any deadline until yesterday. And even if I was scum, I would have posted my analysis before now anyway, since posting it now just puts a bunch of pressure on me.

OMG WIFOM, right? Uhh, no. Think. Why am I scum, armlx? Because I just posted content? Because I joined way too many games and forgot about the deadline here?

And why did Iceman have to replace into this game? He aggravated me in Open 86.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Battousai »

Crazy: How is something not useful indicitive of being more likely coming from scum than town. This is similar to anti-town =/= scum. To answer your question, if you look back you would see my reasoning, which was basically to get DGB to say who she felt was the scummiest, which would add quite a bit of pressure onto the person she suspects. I really wanted her to put some pressure on someone to see how they react under the circumstances.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 am

Post by icemanE »

Hey now, let's leave our history behind.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Crazy »

Here's a list to WIFOM you, right?: Because EVERYTHING in a game of mafia is WIFOM, eh armlx?

One side is scum and one side is town. You can figure that out, I'm sure.

2. alvinz95
8. Battousai
4. Coron
9. springlullaby (Iron Man)
5. Max
3. Twomz
10. armlx
7. DragonsofSummer
19. forbiddanlight
12. the silent speaker
16. Haschel Cedricson
20. Battle Mage
6. M4yhem

Ignored K7 and PokerFace, because I haven't read far enough to get anything from them.

I'll try to do another 10 pages now. Seriously, if I was scum, why would I be giving you guys tons of content right before I'm lynched?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Crazy »

Battousai wrote:Crazy: How is something not useful indicitive of being more likely coming from scum than town. This is similar to anti-town =/= scum. To answer your question, if you look back you would see my reasoning, which was basically to get DGB to say who she felt was the scummiest, which would add quite a bit of pressure onto the person she suspects. I really wanted her to put some pressure on someone to see how they react under the circumstances.
That's bogus, though. She was doing that already... with her small posts of "I think I'm getting ready to blow up..."
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Crazy »

icemanE wrote:
Hey now, let's leave our history behind.
Yeah, and since you were scum, I guess that's okay.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, und why that particular ordering of people?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Battousai »

The only thing DGB said before my question was list a top 4 and a few people she later added to the list. With so many suspects, I wanted her to say the TOP person she suspected (as this would put more pressure on the one as her focus is even more narrowed in on that person). She did say she would consider blowing up DoS at one time, but I felt that she wasn't narrowing it down with the list taken itno account.

Also you ignored the case aspect I brought up as well.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Crazy »

Fair enough point, Batt, I just don't agree with you.

I don't know why I made that list, since I wasn't really done with my reread. If I had done it now, I'd probably put Twomz a little more scummy and armlx a little more townie.

More stuffz (time taken for this one - about 2 and a half hours):

I could do the last part tonight if I stayed up a little later. Day 3, if I survive, I'd post a player-by-player analysis thingy. Seriously, this is the most content I've ever posted in any mafia game.

Page 21:
I like this page because everyone is accusing alvinz. :)

Why the heck are armlx and Coron buddying up to each other? Forbiddan is right about Alvinz, although unfortunately it just shows he was lazy about his analysis. And that's pretty much a null-tell. (Type while you read, btw)

Tunnel vision in #508! Rereading is to catch the stuff that you
missed
. You skimmed over the wrong parts.

Max is still right.

Eww, I said Max was my #2? Dang, I have no idea what I was on.

Page 22:
I have already said why I don't like Batt's posts during this section, saying that K7 is playing "chicken."

And then BM hits the nail on the head. (K7 is prob town; Batt is prob scum)

Page 23:
Not sure what this means:
armlx wrote:Tar was more or less a lurker lynch till his last post. If he wants to make that bluff, I say call it.
M4yhem, forbiddan, and Coron ask for the bomb. I'm fairly sure it's a null-tell.

K7 is drunk. I find it very funny that he proved that Tar was not an SK.

DoS doesn't get the joke in #570.

Max, why is asking for the bomb a scum-tell?

Page 24:
BM agrees with me about Batt's thing. Why does he FoS/unFoS M4yhem? No idea.

I don't understand Max's #580.

I'm starting to think that Batt believed what he was saying about K7, though obviously I don't agree with it. I dunno, his reasons seem genuine.

Day 1 ends.

Page 25:
Twomz talks WIFOM, and strangely says nothing in #604.

Forbiddan votes Iron Man. Wasn't she opposed to LAL? Or do I not recall correctly?

Apparently Iron Man always lurks, and since he was replaced, I guess it means nothing. Alvinz is a better target anyway.

Max is doing more of the same in what way?

Page 26:
Twomz's vote is lame. His D2 behavior so far is making him go up a couple spots on my scumlist.

I agree with TDC's matter of doing stuff in #628 100%.

Batt uses hypothetical variables in #629 instead of using names.
Minor scum-tell.
Pff, nevermind, #631 and #639 explain it.

I doubt the validity of the whole "attacking player x when player y is doing the same thing" deal, since with a game this large, it's more than probable that the person in question just didn't notice.

I still agree with Max's vote on alvinz. Alvinz was using an excuse to bandwagon. #644 is terrible logic, though, even though Max was semi-joking there.

Go BM! If he's scum in this game, I'm seriously gonna quit playing mafia for a while.

Page 27:

Yeah, nothing much on this page:
The most townie person addressing the most scummy person wrote: So you say. But since you didn't quote any posts or even cite them as evidence, it's hard to tell. Your cases against Crazy and Armlx wouldn't exactly be hard to make up.

And again, you're voting for Max, you suspect Max, you're not going after your other suspects at all (Armlx ignored your case on him) so what's the point of rereading, except so that you can say you did?
Twomz wrote:Classes are canceled tomorrow, and unless my GF demands 100% of my time I should be able to do a reread and a full (hopefully content filled) post.
OMG Twomz is talking about his Godfather! Mafia!

Page 28:
Okay, got my opinion on K7 now:

He's in here just to joke around. I wouldn't classify him as a lurker; I'd classify him as a joke. He'll probably get lynched eventually as soon as someone gets tired of him, but don't expect me to actually discern whether he's scum or not, since that's pretty irrelevant.

Page 29:
Armlx uses good logic involving K7. I'm not sure what my opinion is upon lynching him; it's just a problem I'll worry about if I become the bomb (which would be really cool, btw... scum gimme the bomb??).

Armlx uses the "W" word in #707. It sounds like WIFOM, but it's not, because I don't think K7 cares what happens to his side.

Batt wants K7 to die... badly. Why?

TDC's deadline rules (#718) were rather pointless, but with those votes where they are, I'd like it... since 3 of my top suspects are on that list, and if so I wouldn't be the vote-leader right now. Meh.

#723 is incorrect. Scum will give the bomb to people who normally wouldn't be blown up. I'm sure that's why they gave it to TDC, anyway.

Page 30:
Batt wrote:The thing is, I take asking to be blown up as not being a joke and used by people who want out of a game they don't have time for or getting into it. I really don't see anything wrong with it.
What? And you want to blow up K7? Why? So we can
WARN
the townies?

Poker's post isn't terrible. Not sure what to think, yet.
armlx wrote:Like I said, I'm not going to discuss this and direct the scum team any further.
I don't like when armlx makes common sense become "the forbiddan topic." Yeah, discussing whom you think is scum will help the scum? Do we avoid doing that?

Post #745: Actually, Batt would be more screwed if everyone went for TDC's deadline. It would be more suspicious if someone that wasn't garnering votes was in favor of it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah, discussing whom you think is scum will help the scum?
No, that is not the intent at all. I'd rather not direct scum NK strategy was my point.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by M4yhem »

armlx wrote:
What specifically makes Crazy's actions not scummy.
His tone of voice.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

armlx wrote:
Yeah, discussing whom you think is scum will help the scum?
No, that is not the intent at all. I'd rather not direct scum NK strategy was my point.
Yeah, I get ya. That comment was probably just a small annoyance from a past game (you know which one).
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah, I get ya. That comment was probably just a small annoyance from a past game (you know which one).
I don't off the top of my head, but I assume its ongoing by how you said that.
His tone of voice.
Elaborate plz.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”