Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:57 am

Post by kuribo »

Cass wrote:Sorry for not posting more. I've been very busy at work.
Simenon wrote:notice how nuriens drops the "nice but determined townie" attitude for a pure nasty one.
In the first place, he still seems quite reasonable to me. In the second place, Kuribo (on purpose or not) causes this kind of reaction in people. He attacks in a way that demands an aggressive response and leads to irritation. This is his playstyle, it would surpise me if he would deny this.
So it's hardly fair to throw suspicion on Nuriens for being affected by this playstyle. It's a null-tell.

FoS: Simenon

He's very blatantly lurking today, and this makes him my number one suspect, though not by a large margin.

Other suspects, in no particular order: nuriens, sirdan, nhat/darox2, goat. Mostly based on the analysis of interactions that other players have posted.
"Awwww, there there little nureins, it's okay. kuribo's mean to everyone. Don't overreact. There there. Shh... it's okay, I've got you."

I play this way for a reason, and it has a very specific purpose which I won't get into here.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Simenon »

Cass wrote:Sorry for not posting more. I've been very busy at work.
Simenon wrote:notice how nuriens drops the "nice but determined townie" attitude for a pure nasty one.
In the first place, he still seems quite reasonable to me. In the second place, Kuribo (on purpose or not) causes this kind of reaction in people. He attacks in a way that demands an aggressive response and leads to irritation. This is his playstyle, it would surpise me if he would deny this.
So it's hardly fair to throw suspicion on Nuriens for being affected by this playstyle. It's a null-tell.

FoS: Simenon

He's very blatantly lurking today, and this makes him my number one suspect, though not by a large margin.

Other suspects, in no particular order: nuriens, sirdan, nhat/darox2, goat. Mostly based on the analysis of interactions that other players have posted.
Oh please. If any other player had written the posts nuriens gets away with, that player would have been lynched long ago. Nuriens is just one crazed ramble. And you don't even know what lurking is.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Darox »

Ecto isn't getting the attention I think he deserves, and Cass's last post is just messed up.

But anyway.

Unvote, Vote: nuriens

If you don't already know what he's done, I'm not going to stick it here, because looking at his posts in isolation is a good way to melt your eyes.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Ythill »

I've missed a lot. Going to focus on nuriens' response to me.
Though I condensed it, nuriens wrote:1. My writting style is probably explosive...

2. People do not read completely my posts...

3. I have nothing to clean up, and you can come back to any of your arguments...

4. My inexperience is a fact...
1. This has no correlation with your alignment.
2. I've read every word, usually more than once.
3. I may later, for now I'm content with current info.
4. Your inexperience, whether used as an argument or not, cannot explain habit's behavior. It would be a stretch to find a way it could explain your behavior regarding him.
nuriens wrote:I can behave funny and buddy even with enemies in a harsh fight...
I don't think anyone is talking about your demeanor or sense of humor when they cite buddying. We all know that this is just a game. However, you acted as if Ecto was obv-town without good reason, you swore an oath to defend me or whatever that was, and these are just two examples. Yes, townies sometimes defend others and whatnot, but there is usually purpose behind it. For example, I defended pacman right up until sirdan claimed doc. Your actions seem to be based on some sort of trust that doesn't fit with a pro-town outlook.
nuriens wrote:In the POST-GAME analysis of my first mafia game, some people voted for me, ironically saying they would have liked me to stop talking, even if they thought I was townie.
Yeah, some people are assholes. Your posts can be a little hard to read but that facet of your play is a null-tell.
nuriens wrote:But in serious business, I didnt accept your points and I debated plenty of them.
Again, you mistake the meaning of "buddying."
nuriens wrote:I cannot see where I am implicated at all.
This is the "nuh-uh" defense. Problem is, I
can
see it. And I explained it.
nuriens wrote:Ecto was the one pointing out buddying, which is probably the most serious behavioral scumtell on my side (even I think it is not hard to explain) so hardly I see this connection.
This means nothing. Scum buddy to townies all the time. In fact, part of my reasoning against pushing Ecto harder is that, as long as I suspect you, your behavior suggests that he is town.
kuribo wrote:Also, I don't like how you just rolled over and accepted what he was shoveling.
Glad you noticed that too. Remember it for tomorrow.
kuribo wrote:"Awwww, there there little nureins, it's okay. kuribo's mean to everyone. Don't overreact. There there. Shh... it's okay, I've got you."
OMG you're an evil bastard. LOL.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote: Scum buddy to townies all the time.
In fact, part of my reasoning against pushing Ecto harder is that, as long as I suspect you, your behavior suggests that he is town.
how do you know he is a townie? i never assumed it. I simply had some town readings, as of some other people. I never assumed they were townies, as I never did with you. I debated plenty of your points and carefully checked the ones I considered you wrong in.
kuribo wrote:Also, I don't like how you just rolled over and accepted what he was shoveling.
Glad you noticed that too. Remember it for tomorrow.

Better you also remember this post tomorrow and all that happened in Darox case. If you want to know my opinion, and it is firmly established, all that is not about Darox. All what happened is about Sirdan. Remember it when you do your analysis, coz this is another buddying if you want, but right now I think you are townie, so I want you to know the most important thing in the game once Im dead. People was defending Sirdan and not Darox when day 1 was finishing
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by nureins »

Simenon wrote: Oh please. If any other player had written the posts nuriens gets away with, that player would have been lynched long ago. Nuriens is just one crazed ramble. And you don't even know what lurking is.
I put all your posts together and see nothing. Arguments without justification and/or quoting support. I have no idea how your lurking is so effective.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

nureins: (4) kuribo, Jahudo, Ythill, Darox
Jahudo: (1) nureins

Not voting: sirdanilot, Goatrevolt, Ectomancer, Simenon, Cass
Do you want your possessions identified?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by kuribo »

nureins wrote:
Simenon wrote: Oh please. If any other player had written the posts nuriens gets away with, that player would have been lynched long ago. Nuriens is just one crazed ramble. And you don't even know what lurking is.
I put all your posts together and see nothing. Arguments without justification and/or quoting support. I have no idea how your lurking is so effective.
I'm starting to feel like a broken record because I keep pointing out how your defenses boil down to:

"I'm not scum because I'm not."

"I always play this way and I'm a newbie."

"You're wrong and therefore everything you've posted against me is useless."

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by nureins »

kuribo wrote: I'm starting to feel like a broken record because I keep pointing out how your defenses boil down to...
Be careful with Simenon then...he can post a nonsense post in which his rage claims that you are repetitive and so on...

To all that attacked me, I defended. I do not need to defend more if I dont see new questions. Ask questions in a proper way, Ill answer. Ive answered everything in the game.

Maybe you prefer to make funny comments about broken records and claiming your town superiority by knowing the "truth". I do not like obsessed biased townies for a reason. They think they have the truth, so if you dont admit they have the truth, they mantain their position...however, I know my truth, but you dont, so I can talk as a truth-teller, you cannot. But you do !

Come with questions and stop adding shit...
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Cass »

Simenon wrote:Oh please. If any other player had written the posts nuriens gets away with, that player would have been lynched long ago. Nuriens is just one crazed ramble. And you don't even know what lurking is.
That's just nonsense. Nuriens rambles, but I don't see strong scum-tells in there. The thing that makes me doubt him is his interactions with Habit/Pacman, not his posts. If they are so blatant, why don't you point out where exactly?

And lurking, in your case lurking in plain sight, is in my book
exactly
what you are doing. You regularly post some short posts, that contain a remark in general, or about theory, or empty (dis)agreement with someone. But add no content to the game at all. Easy to overlook, nothing suspicious to see there - aka, you are hiding yourself.

I'll quote a typical example:
It is never best to avoid discussions.

Argument is the only tool we townies have besides our vote. It shouldn't be misused. But you can't refuse to use it all together.

And scum are lynched over semantics. This is a game about language.
Some generic comments about theory. Looks like a post, but doesn't accomplish a thing. Now, that looks like lurking in plain sight to me. Yet you pressure others for 'posting empty statements' or 'not backing up assumptions' - it's just contradictory with your own methods.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:24 am

Post by kuribo »

nureins wrote:
kuribo wrote: I'm starting to feel like a broken record because I keep pointing out how your defenses boil down to...
Be careful with Simenon then...he can post a nonsense post in which his rage claims that you are repetitive and so on...

To all that attacked me, I defended. I do not need to defend more if I dont see new questions. Ask questions in a proper way, Ill answer. Ive answered everything in the game.

Maybe you prefer to make funny comments about broken records and claiming your town superiority by knowing the "truth". I do not like obsessed biased townies for a reason. They think they have the truth, so if you dont admit they have the truth, they mantain their position...however, I know my truth, but you dont, so I can talk as a truth-teller, you cannot. But you do !

Come with questions and stop adding shit...

Awww, I sowwy, do you want me to leave you alone and stop pickin on you? Poor widdle guy.

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:39 am

Post by Simenon »

Cass, you're just wrong.
Cass wrote:
Simenon wrote:Oh please. If any other player had written the posts nuriens gets away with, that player would have been lynched long ago. Nuriens is just one crazed ramble. And you don't even know what lurking is.
That's just nonsense. Nuriens rambles, but I don't see strong scum-tells in there. The thing that makes me doubt him is his interactions with Habit/Pacman, not his posts. If they are so blatant, why don't you point out where exactly?
This is not a question of SCUMTELLS. Do not rip my posts out of context.
It is never best to avoid discussions.

Argument is the only tool we townies have besides our vote. It shouldn't be misused. But you can't refuse to use it all together.

And scum are lynched over semantics. This is a game about language.
Again, Do not rip my posts out of context. This was a response to someone that was GAME RELATED. If it's theory that manages to be GAME RELATED, you would think that it would be useful.

You mentioned length. How the fuck does me writing a short post have anything to do with lurking? I just manage to avoid writing like nuriens, but everyone should, because nuriens is a perfect example of what to avoid in mafia.

I'm really getting tired of this bullshit. You know *nothing* about my playstyle, so I don't want to here shit about my "methods" from you. Certainly not when you have no respect for any notion of fairness. It's a load of disingenuous shit that makes me tired of playing this game.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 am

Post by kuribo »

I agree with Sim on this. Nureins' posts are long, but they're full of fluff. He's the Sarah Palin of this game of Mafia. He says alot without saying anything at all.

nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 am

Post by nureins »

kuribo wrote:
nureins wrote: Come with questions and stop adding shit...
Awww, I sowwy, do you want me to leave you alone and stop pickin on you? Poor widdle guy.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Ythill »

It's getting a little nasty in here, huh?
nuriens wrote:To all that attacked me, I defended.
Not to my satisfaction. To this...
I wrote:Now that habit/pacman has flipped scum, nuriens is implicated worse than anyone.
...which refers to this...
I wrote:Nuriens practiced elephantine circumlocution, touching on the wagon but avoiding the topic of habit's alignment. Instead he pushed suspicion back on the wagon and, only 25 hours after the first vote on habit, twisted Cass' words to start a lurker hunt. Shortly thereafter, he inexplicitly changed his opinion about me so as to agree with me about habit's behavior being excusable.
...all you said was this...
nuriens wrote:I cannot see where I am implicated at all. I asked couple of harsh things to habit as you pointed out. Then my view on him was basically shared by most people, including some of those I firmly thought townies (you can check it easily). Then he went on "bad player" category.
And when I challenged you about your response, you ignored it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:27 am

Post by kuribo »

nureins wrote:
kuribo wrote:
nureins wrote: Come with questions and stop adding shit...
kuribo wrote:I keep pointing out how your defenses boil down to:

"I'm not scum because I'm not."

"I always play this way and I'm a newbie."

"You're wrong and therefore everything you've posted against me is useless."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:35 am

Post by kuribo »

it's like if I said,

"Nureins, what Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?"

And you replied,

"Well, of course, there's, in the great history of America, there have been rulings that there's never gonna be absolute consensus by every American, and um, there are those issues, again like Roe v Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others, but um."

And then I said,

"Can you think of any?"

And you said,

"Well, I would think of any, again, that could best be dealt with on a more local level, maybe I would take issue with. You know, as a mayor, then as a governor, and even as a Vice President, if I'm so privileged to serve, would be in a position of changing those things, but in supporting the law of the land, as it reads today."

See, everytime you're asked a question, you give the appearance of answering it, but your answers are far from satisfying.

nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:05 am

Post by nureins »

I answered to Post 1028 (that was dedicated to me).
This circumlotion point corresponds to Post 1027 which was a general post on all the players and I just didnt find a direct questioning to me. And I really havent seen that you wanted me later to answer this 1027, coz otherwise I would have done it.
ythill wrote:Nuriens practiced elephantine circumlocution, touching on the wagon but avoiding the topic of habit's alignment. Instead he pushed suspicion back on the wagon and, only 25 hours after the first vote on habit, twisted Cass' words to start a lurker hunt. Shortly thereafter, he inexplicitly changed his opinion about me so as to agree with me about habit's behavior being excusable.
BEFORE THE WAGON:

a) I found habit a strange player.
b) Interpreted Cass' reaction to Habit as "The possibility of dumb-townie-habit scares Cass due to the previous game: she is townie, habit requires observation but it is not so dangerous as I thought".
c) I asked some things, as you noted, and mostly read him as a bad player like most people in the game.

AFTER THE WAGON

a) My first opinion is expressed in post 319
b) first sentence. I AGREE IN THE BASICS (with GOAT, who had found the wagon suspicious).

Now I guess that you call circumlotion to raise debate. If I were Simenon, I would have just posted these 5 words. "I agree in the basics". And then what ? Such a wonderful reflection on my side...

So I made couple of reflections for Goat, on top of mostly agreeing in the basics.

c) second sentence. I express to Goat my view on habit before the wagon, as stated in before wagon b) above: "I find Habitang partially suspicious, though I relaxed these suspicions due to Cass' first arguments".

d) third sentence. Habit's behavior can be interpreted both as playstyle and scumminess.

Therefore, you have to analyze the votes/fosses of each of the players in the wagon, and this is what I did. Especially because I interpreted that the 3 suspects of Goat were 3 voters in the wagon, since he catalogued it as opportunistic.

e) Cass - interpreted it as natural.
f) Ythill - I had started to focus in a different person a couple of days before, following Cass' suggestion. I had considered you scum in our vis a vis. My first observation from outside was positive, you didnt jump but reflected. So I agreed with Goat (his opinion was I thought he was scum, i have good vibes from this action). So essentially, the same I did. And this process followed, as you know.
g)I thought that Goat´s suspicions on Ecto were a mistake. I pointed it out that Ecto was not voting, but simenon. Goat later clarified it for me.
h)nhat's attack was a first fos based on habit strange behaviour.
i) Simenon's vote was Simenon's way of participating.
j)Andy's vote was not clearly justified in his post.
k) I interpreted jahudo's vote as part of their habit vs jah competition, which at that moment of the game, I thought as a very uninteresting one.
l) I wanted more info from the two voters from whom I had not a clear view of the reasons to vote, Simenon and Andy. Taking into account how these two players posted during all the game, they refused to answer my petition, more or less...

ABOUT LURKERS' HUNT

a) Cass called the voters Opportunistic club. Said that she felt the Lurkers' club was more suspicious.

b) Sim pointed out that FOSSERS should also be part of the opportunistic club.

c) I answered to Sim to be EXPLICIT on his words, not to talk so vaguely. The only Fosser was Cass, I asked him to judge her action as either opportunistic or not. And to rank it in comparison to a vote (his).

d) I also demanded Cass to be EXPLICIT by exposing who the lurkers were.

e) I commented back to her, but started no Lurker hunt. My attack was on TPT / Tritch before the wagon, as you perfectly remember (and if you do not remember, you can read above).

f) I did not escape at any moments to comment on the wagon or habit. in Post 343 I commented again, and you can see there some of the points here described.

CHANGE OPINION AGREEING WITH YOU

Incorrect. Post 363, as you probably refer, agrees mostly with you, but does not change opinion at all. As you can see, I describe the Cass-Habit situation and my read on it, AS I HAD ALREADY DONE IN THE VERY FIRST POST TO GOAT (see above). In this post you can see among others my previous points:

before wagon b and c (about my read on Cass and Habit)
after wagon f (about my read on you).

I guess that for you to interpret that I changed opinion, you consider that I found before habit very suspicious. Something that I didnt. STRANGE-REQUIRE OBSERVESATION-FORMULATED SOME QUESTIONS-READ AS BAD PLAYER-DIDNT FOS/VOTE IN THE WAGON-AGREED WITH GOAT WITH MINOR COMMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS...

p.d. and no, the answer to such question about reading my posts is no, I know that you read all. I have seen that many others dont, but you do.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 am

Post by nureins »

kuribo wrote:blablabla
Make questions that can be answered. I dont lose my time with stupidities, I have a life. Read the previous post to see that I do answer questions when properly formulated. And I do answer adequately.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:46 am

Post by kuribo »

nureins wrote:
kuribo wrote:blablabla
Make questions that can be answered. I dont lose my time with stupidities, I have a life. Read the previous post to see that I do answer questions when properly formulated. And I do answer adequately.
Just because your answers are justified in your mind doesn't mean we're obligated to take them at what you say is face value.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Ythill »

BEFORE THE WAGON
It doesn't matter what you thought before the wagon, not for this discussion. However, having the singular belief "X is a bad player" says absolutely zip about what you think of his alignment.

AFTER THE WAGON
Nuriens, do you know what
elephantine circumlocution
means? It means to talk your way around a subject by using verbose sentances, rhetoric, repetition, etc. The suggestion is that you avoided taking a solid stance on habit's alignment by saying a lot of nothingness. Let's look back at that first paragraph from #318.
In #318, nuriens wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:I really dislike the recent push on Habitang, and a lot of those votes seem all too opportunistic. After reading through the thread, my top 3 suspects were Andycyca, Ectomancer, and Jahudo. I was somewhat suspicious of Ythill, mainly because I thought his top two targets of Nureins and Habitang were soft, easy targets, but his hesitance to jump on the Habitang wagon here gives me better vibes about him.
I agree in the basics.
Your agreement is very vague. It leaves the interpretation of what "the basics" are up to the reader which, concequently, leaves you the option of morphing your opinion later. Considering the length and complexity of the statement you quoted, your agreement here could have more than ten different specific meanings or a combination of them.
nuriens wrote:I find Habitang partially suspicious, though I relaxed these suspicions due to Cass' first arguments (his previous game with her shows the same kind of erratic and poor playstyle).
"Partially suspicious" is entirely subjective, which is exacerbated by your qualification, "I relaxed these suspicions." We can't be sure how much you suspected him, how much you suspect him now, or if you currently suspect him at all.
nuriens wrote:The latter participations showed his need of fast posting-voting, which can be understood as playstyle or as scummy in my view.
Translation: habit could be scum or town. Pure rhetoric.
nuriens wrote:So I fully understand that Cass Fossed him and voting him is also more or less correct.
Translation: habit could be construed as scum even if he's town. You tell us more about your view of Cass than of habit.
nuriens wrote:I agree with you about Ythill, and therefore I'm going to reread a little bit our tense debate. Maybe there was even more of tunnel vision in both sides than I arrived to believe.
As habit's buddy, it makes perfect sense that you'd want to change the subject to something as arduous as this. I know you didn't bring it up first, but you
were
ready to embark on a Ythill reread while habit's very important wagon was happening.

Do you see? While other players were either attacking him voraciously or defending him off-hand, obviously convinced they'd discerned his alignment one way or the other from his actions and/or the resulting wagon, you
never
took a solid stance on his alignment.

Paraphrase of #318, p1
: I sort of agree with Goat. Habit is less suspicious now. He could be town or scum. Cass isn't suspicious for attacking him. Ythill is less suspicious for not attacking him. I'll reread Ythill.

I don't feel like I have to address the rest of this section because, in your reiteration, you only prove my premise: "Instead [nuriens] pushed suspicion back on the wagon..."

LURKER HUNT
You exclusively dedicated two posts, spanning over 16 hours, to the subject. So maybe me calling it a lurker hunt was a little bombastic. It was certainly a digression. One of many. Your favorite topic during that phase was anything-but-habit.

Oh, you mentioned him now and again. Let's look at #343 which, in your own words, is an example how you, "did not escape at any moments to comment on the wagon or habit."
In #343, nuriens wrote:
ythill wrote: (@sim)... what do you think of a player who is crafty enough to employ this tactic but daft enough to time it so poorly?
Ythill, Im reading positively from you lately, so do not take my words as an attack

I had the same impression from Habitang since the very beginning.
This, I think, is the only solid stance you took on habit during that wagon. You
hint
at his alignment by agreeing with the too-dumb-to-be-smart-scum argument. It's interesting to me that when you point out that habit
could
be town, you cite others' arguments.
In #343, nuriens wrote:Indeed, if you contemplate a bit the game, Cass is CONSTANTLY worried about what habitang can make in the game... have you seen it? At some moments I found it excessive indeed.

If you remember, I think I did a read of this game at the beginning, and I understood what Cass meant about Habitang.

After some people started to point out suspicions on Cass, and having read her insistance about habitang, I decided to re-read the game, because she was townie for me...

A careful read confirmed my first read and I extracted no suspicions on Cass. I believe she is really worried about the bad play of habit, and habit is so erratic that is very hard to read...
The rest of this is about Cass. Habit is briefly mentioned. So your example of how you didn't avoid the topic only strengthens my own argument that you wanted to talk about anything-but.

Just because I've already pasted it, I should probably also mention that this quote is a great example of your buddying. Cass is the target.

AGREE WITH FOE TO CLEAR BUDDY
Your opinion
did
change, at least in the public record. You went from stating
habit is a bad player
to
habit is too dumb to be smart scum
. That's a crucial difference because, in the context of the allegations, it was the difference between reading him MotR or leaning town.

It is very telling that you didn't clearly state a definitive opinion of habit's alignment, but instead posted multiple digressions while occasionally agreeing with one of the players who was reading habit as town. You even agreed with me to this end. Odd, since I had been so suspicious to you.

That's scum behavior. You've been caught.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm on page 17 at the moment. One thing that has bothered me in my read through so far is nureins defense of Jahudo. Much of the defense of Jahudo was based around habitang's poor attacks on Jahudo making Jahudo more likely to be town. Jahudo is only more likely to be town in that scenario if habitang is scum. In other words, I see nureins defense coming from the perspective of habitang being scum, however, if nureins felt that way, he should have been voting habitang or pushing him, which was not the case. The other alternative is that nureins knew habitang was scum, because nureins is also scum, and that subconsciously played out in his posting.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote:BEFORE THE WAGON
It doesn't matter what you thought before the wagon, not for this discussion. However, having the singular belief "X is a bad player" says absolutely zip about what you think of his alignment.
doesn't it ? Essentially, I agreed with Goat because this was the natural read for me with my past reads of habit. I described this in detail.

[quote="ythill
']
Your agreement is very vague. [/quote]
I agree in the basics = QFT for some other players...my style is my style. I am not gonna write 5 words in a post as much as any of you could insist. I will develpe my posts...

If you think there is confusion on my agreement, I explained in the previous post the chain of sentences in my post. If any of them incoherent, please make it notice. Your interpretation is clearly not mine.
ythill wrote: That's scum behavior. You've been caught.
What I described is not scum behavior. I notice that instead of using my post you used your own interpretation. This was clear due to your vote, and seemed to me an explanation for the rest of people to vote me. If this is the case, it is better if you direct your post to them and not to me. You do not need to convince me of what I am or how bad/good you are doing for jumping on my lynch.

If it is a pressing tool, I can just laugh.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Cass »

@Sim - no need to get upset, I just explained why you fit my definition of lurker. I have no problem with short posts, on the contrary. This game needs more of them. But there is a contradiction between what you do and what you tell others to do. Can I not draw attention to that? And I know about your posting style in this game. Because I've been there. Is there more I should know? Then please enlighten me.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I've completely caught up with the game. It was actually less painful than I envisioned to read it all. Thoughts:

Sirdan: I can see reasons to both buy and discard his doc claim.

Pros:
-He gave good reasons for why he chose Ectomancer last night. I disagree with the point about him being able to claim Ythill though. There's no way he would be able to get away with that when Ythill was by and far his top target. No legitimate doc protects someone they think is scum.
-Strictly from what I know of Sirdan, I simply do not think of him as the type of player who is ballsy enough to fake a doc claim. He seems a very straightforward player, and quite frankly I see him as less likely to pull trickery like this.

Cons:
-He's still alive, and Ecto doesn't seem a highly likely scum NK target.
Counterpoint: Other explanations for the missing kill and scum could keep him alive to plant suspicion

-Here's the big one, and the only solid reason I have for doubting his claim:
How does TPT's play make sense if he's the doc?
Quite frankly, it doesn't. His self vote was under the premise of "well you are going to lynch me anyway, I might as well speed up the process." Um...if he's a doc he has a solid safe claim that means he's NOT going to get lynched. So why this mentality?

Overall: I'm skeptical, but not confident to lynch him today. Personally, I think if there is a real doc they should counterclaim. Trading a town power role for a 2nd scum seems pretty good right now. That would put us in a hugely advantageous situation, as 1 lone scum stands almost no chance of winning at this point in the game.

Ythill: Why did you vote for Pacman yesterday? This makes absolutely no sense considering your constant defense of him yesterday. Your vote was at a juncture where things were undecided as well, making it even more suspicious. To me, this reads like you wanting to change gears from defense to bus, but then when things swapped back to Darox being the lynch you returned to Darox being scum and Pacman town. Please explain.

Cass: Continued pressure on Simenon today, despite the fact that Simenon makes little sense as a scum buddy with Pacman. I personally don't buy the "Oh, I just want the day to end already" and "Well, I have legitimate concerns about Karne, but nobody else sees it" posts. They read false to me, and your push on Karne and only Karne reads like an easy way for you to remain out of the loop, but still look like someone actively scumhunting. You had an unsupported "gut" feel of Sirdan being town, and relatively little in terms of a stance on Pacman. You continue to snipe at Simenon for points that seem irrelevant or not indicative of him being scum. I hold it's a facade of scumhunting but not legitimate.

FoS Cass

Nureins: Was really wishy-washy regarding habitang yesterday. I don't like how he buddies up to anyone who suspects him, like Ythill and his attempts to do so with Kuribo early today. It seems like he is trying to buy their support with niceties. I didn't like his defense of Jahudo for reasons I brought up.

FoS Nureins

Ecto: Midway through the reread I had him earmarked as town for his jump on Pacman's bad push on him. I boggle at how his suspicion of Pacman completely disappeared as the day wore on and how he voted Darox without any mention of pacman at all. It's definitely sketchy. Overall, though, I feel he's more likely to be town than any of the others I've listed above.

The rest of the game: I feel pretty confident is town at the moment.

Tomorrow, I'll go deeper into my suspicions of Cass/nureins and back it up with examples and a vote. At the moment, I'm having a hard time deciding which of the two I find scummier, and I'm hoping a thorough analysis will settle the issue.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”