Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

vote grimmy

Your claim seems to be the least plausible since he's a villain, and all the other claims make sense, aside from the river thing which like I said doesn't really alarm me that much.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Grimmy »

farside22 wrote: He can now say well I never endorsed the Panj vote, well you weren't really here to stop that either. I could see scum trying to buss their scum buddy and use what was said to an advantage.
I didnt have a solid opinion of Panz, so I would not have voted for im because I did not have good reason to.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Grimmy »

also,

Vote:DBE

This is a bit more than just a gut feeling. The way she is playing under the radar makes me worry. Like Fuuzy said, her "I used my power on the guy who just died" seems like a cop out to hide what she can really do.

Grimmy
posting his what will likely be his dying words
(not sure how many votes I have on me, but its quite a few, and im disappointed)
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Grimmy »

sorry for the multi posting, but this may be the only chance i get to do this.

first, Note that I am one vote away (L-1) from a lynch, so b careful.

second: since I am set to most likely be lynched soon, im posting whatever thoughts I can get out now, so the rest of you can look back and use this info/opinion

Farsides movie claim, as gorrad pointed out, seems a bit flawed. I was suspicious of her before as well, and this adds to that. Definitely have to keep an eye out for this one.

I already voted for DBE, and my third choice would be a toss up between Gorrad and Korts.

For some reason, I think Gorrad is playing us. He could be the role to balance out the town searcher role we just lost. I think the power roles got balanced out, and Gorrad may have the scum version of the searcher role, which is why he can tell what movies we are from.

I also think Korts pulled a false claim on us with the spock claim. This is more of a gut feeling, though.

Grimmy
posting his mind
Show

Rishi wrote:

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Korts »

Yeah, I would've expected Spock to be a RB mostly, since he has that Vulcan thing to make people unconscious. But I'm just claiming the role hascow gave.

I don't think much information can be gained by prolonging the day. I'm open to someone hammering.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod can we get a vote count.

Also I am a bit behind on reading do to a doc's appointment yesterday. I will have something by the end of day.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Grimmy »

Unofficial Vote Count

Grimmy - 3

Gorrad
Korts
DBE

DBE

Grimmy
Fuzzy

completely unoffical vote coutn brought to you by Dwarven cage fighting. Seriously. I just watched it on youtube. they fight in a little cage and everything!
Show

Rishi wrote:

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Looking over both DBE and Grimmy I feel I am at an impasse. Both have not been helpful when it comes to scum hunting. My biggest problem however is with Grimmy and this has nothing to do with his claim. When everyone was questioning what happened day 2 he stated nothing then he goes into day 3 and doesn't say anything that day till the end of day.
I looked at both DBE and Grim's votes and reason's. Neither are impressive. Here is what Grim states:
This is a bit more than just a gut feeling. The way she is playing under the radar makes me worry. Like Fuuzy said, her "I used my power on the guy who just died" seems like a cop out to hide what she can really do.
A vote for someone should be more then just what there claim is. It should be based on how they are playing the game and what they have done.

Here is DBE:
Your claim seems to be the least plausible since he's a villain, and all the other claims make sense, aside from the river thing which like I said doesn't really alarm me that much.
Same thing where is the scum hunting. Where is the indepth reason's of what makes him scummy.
The worse part is no one seems to really be trying except Fuzzy and Korts. Both with really good reasons about bussing or not bussing. I felt like the weigh was more against Grim because his last statement about who is scum post 653 doesn't really give any one choice. Everyone is scum to him but Fuzzy how convient that it's the one person not voting for him.

Vote: Grimmy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The "lynch on my scumday" vote count:

Grimmy (4): Gorrad, Korts, DarlaBlueEyes, farside22

DarlaBlueEyes(2): fuzzylightning, Grimmy

6 alive, 4 to lynch.

Deadline would have been 10/9
Last edited by hasdgfas on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The noxious fumes propagating throughout the area around the characters made them nervous. They knew if they did something stupid, they'd probably get killed by the gas. For a short time, all was quiet. Nobody wanted to make a move.
One person stood out from the crowd, pointed at DarlaBlueEyes, and started yelling, but nobody could tell what he said. Then, after a short time, Grimmy stood in the center of the group and asked them a question.

"Does anyone want to watch a movie? I have a few here; Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Giant Spider Invasion, Space Mutiny, Manos, the Hands of Fate. I could go on. Who's interested?"

The group looked at him with fearful eyes, knowing the risk of what he offered.

"Those are all terrible movies,"
Gorrad exclaimed,
"You're trying to kill us with them, aren't you?"

"No!"
, Grimmy replied,
"I'm trying to save you."

A murmur spread throughout the others. "Save us?" they wondered, "how can bad movies save us? They can't."

That short thought process apparently made up everyone's minds. They decided Grimmy's terrible movies must be destroyed, with him dying as an unfortunate side effect.

The ray was brought forward, and farside fired, revealing the only person it could be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The researchers cheered as they saw Dr. Forrester fall to the ground. They knew he was a villain, so how could he be a good guy here?
Then, one of the researchers made a crucial observation.
"Guys, did Dr. Forrester ever do anything actually evil?"

"You know what, I don't think so, he was too inept. The only thing he could do well was find bad movies. He always fought with his sidekicks, there's no way he could've been a part of this plot."

As they realized this, their faces fell. It seemed that they had to continue hoping for the good guys to prevail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(still no indication of alignment in the flavor scenes)

Grimmy, Dr. Clayton Forrester, Jailkeeper, lynched Day 5

(It is now night 5. You have until 10/5 to get in night choices. If I get them all in within 48 hours, I will start Day 24 hours early)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Everyone woke up and found themselves....inside? Why are they inside? They stood up, and looked around.

They realized shortly that they must be inside of a ship, looking into space around them. They took a moment to look at the beauty of space from amidst it.
However, that beauty was short-lived. They saw what looked like a body flying towards them. It was Gorrad. He floated towards the window and pounded on it.
Everyone inside began rushing around, trying to find a way to get him inside, but it was too late. He froze and started dissolving into something else. It landed on the window, showing its cover to those inside.
It was probably the best advice that could be given at that time. Not even the researchers looking on from the outside had anything to say or do but look at the cover.
what were those two words?

Feeling good after that, the 4 who remained knew there was only one thing they had left to do. Get rid of the evil ones who remained.

Gorrad, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Movie Cop, killed in the vacuum of space night 5

It is now Day 6. With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline block begins 10/18.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Korts »

night choices?
scumchat never die
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:50 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I tracked Korts, but was Blocked. No results
Show
you done goofed.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Korts »

farside, can you confirm having blocked DBE?
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:farside, can you confirm having blocked DBE?
I confirm. She was my second suspect.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Looking at that, that must mean that Korts would have to be the third anti-town character. His claim of Mr. Spock must have been false. If DBE tried to track him, and farside blocked her, there is no possible way of her killing Gorrad. As I have already stated I am a one-shot vig, and used my shot a while ago. The funny thing is, I didn't really think that Korts had been anti-town, which goes to show how well he has played so far.
Korts wrote: I don't think I've found scum
Did you not think you found scum because you knew he couldn't be scum, because you yourself are?
I don't think rishi's scum, you're reading it right.
You didn't think rishi was scum because you knew he couldn't be.
For what it's worth, that post gained Impatient Townie points with me, even if it's giving off the wrong approach.
Once again, you knew that I wasn't mafia so you weren't going to try and portray that I was, while maybe it was a good idea earlier in the game, you might not have been thinking it could come back to haunt you later on.
Also, things that have been "put to bed" aren't necessarily going to stay that way
Well, now I understand the meaning behind that statement as I am using quotes from much earlier in the game, which had been thought to just bne town v. town squabbling.

During the deadline block on Day 1 you changed your vote 5 times in 5 days trying to get a deadline lynch. Now Why couldn't you just settle on one and have a legitimate case rather than hopping from wagon to wagon?
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Yup. I'm actually kind of glad someone blocked or docced, since you're probably the only person I would say is almsot certainly town.
I am now looking at this and sensing some distancing between KoC and Korts.

Overall you have played this game very well Korts, and doing a good job of disguising your true intentions, but by basic process of elimination, provided farside and DBE are telling the truth, you and I are the only possible choices for the third anti-town person. I have already admitted to using my one-shot on KoC and that whole thing on Day Three, and you claimed to be vanilla and admitted that you thought the role you claimed should have some sort of power. Well now I have come to believe that your claim is false and you have a role destructive to the interests of the town.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Korts »

Not the strongest of points that you bring against me.
fuzzy wrote:During the deadline block on Day 1 you changed your vote 5 times in 5 days trying to get a deadline lynch. Now Why couldn't you just settle on one and have a legitimate case rather than hopping from wagon to wagon?
It's not often that I have solid opinions of players by Day 1. I was trying to decide.

Actually, it's pretty obvious you would try to attack me, since DBE and farside have pretty much confirmed themselves through their actions. I'll have to go look through their previous night choices again and do a PBPA on you (fuzzy).
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

I will have notes and comments to make Monday. No time today to get it all together.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Korts »

DBE's night choices (tracker).
N5 Korts, no result (blocked?)
N4 KoC, no result (blocked?)
N3 Sens, tracked to fuzzy
N2 Panzer, didn't go anywhere
N1 farside, tracked to Grimmy

DBE, can you confirm this?

farside's night choices (blocker).
N5 DBE
N4 Gorrad (confirmed by Gorrad's no result)
N2 fuzzy
N1 Grimmy (confirmed by DBE)

I can't seem to find a N3 choice, farside, can you help me out?

Anyway, on first sight, my opinion is that farside is confirmed town by both Gorrad's no result and DBE's N1 result, and DBE is confirmed as having been blocked N5, and also pretty near confirmed by correctly claiming farside's N1 target. It would be a very unlikely scenario in which DBE wasn't town, and I'm ruling out the possibility of farside being scum.

That leaves fuzzy, pretty much. I was gonna examine the claimed and resolved night actions on those nights when there was no kill, but I don't see the point now that I'm convinced anyway.

I'm not gonna vote yet, though, I'd like to hear the rest of you speak up.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:40 am

Post by farside22 »

N3 blocked Gorrad.

I will try and get my thoughts in on this today or tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Hello everyone. Thanks for your patience. Weekends are a bare and I wanted to get everything I had done in one shot.

1) Yesterday Grimmy claimed he jailed Fuzzy I claimed RB Gorrad. Sens is killed. Gorrad confirmed by RB
Knowing that Grimmy came up town this clears Fuzzy because why would Grim lie at that point?
2) I blocked DBE last night. Gorrad killed last night.
This eliminates as scum DBE.
This leaves Korts or myself. DBE admits to tracking me N1 to Grim, Gorrad admits to my RB. I know my alignment so my case is all on Korts.

Day 1: Korts comes across as aggressive. By the end of the day his votes shift from Fuzzy to ZS to Panj. His vots on ZS and Panj on day 1 or very blah. Here is his vote on PJ
Your vote should be placed somewhere definitely. Deadline is between two and four weeks, but according to the rules, we won't be told exactly when. It is therefore a very anti-town move to unvote and not place your vote somewhere else. Actually, let's make that a vote instead of a FoS.

unvote, vote: Panzerjager
Then back to ZS
ZS, pointing out that there are others who didn't contribute much doesn't change the fact that you haven't, either. As you yourself noted, both of those people are LA, while you yourself are not. Don't act like a complete idiot.

Your protests at being called out for no content and your finger pointing makes me think that you have something to actually hide.

unvote, vote: ZombieSlayer
Mind you both these wagons where neck and neck for day 1 possible lynch.

Between this:
BTW, Gorrad, I forgot about you in my last post, but not explaining makes you scummier, especially when you outright refuse, compared to explaining. Please do.

unvote

and then the next post:
Hmm. Seems I forgot to place my vote elsewhere.

vote: Panzerjager
I'm just plain confused

We remember the popcorn picks. Well look at Korts reasoning on who he picked and why
Well, I picked Grimmy over ashmite because Grimmy posted just before me and I was sure to get the claim sooner.
Granted it probably moved the game on a bit since Ash was replaced, but I still look at it.

Now lets see Korts comments on the scums at one point:
ashmite: doesn't randomvote, votes Grimmy "for a reason" although he never elaborates. Hypocritical vote against ZS with "post some content pls". Calls Muerrto-Panzer argument semantics, implies that both are town--possible buddy-up attempt? Pressures ZS to give reasons. Acknowledges ZS's scumhunting efforts, but fails to unvote when his originally given reason for voting ZS becomes invalid. Names ZS and Panzer as top suspects (both are leading wagons at this time). Express suspicion of Gorrad for "quickhammer". This is my notes on him. I'm leaning scum on him, but I'm interested what the replacement will make out of it.
Xtoxm: his playstyle is generally a bit lurkish, so I'd dismiss that as a scumtell, and otherwise, he's answered questions and posed questions D1, though considerably less so D2. I'm Middle of the Road, maybe slightly scum.

His top 3:

So, top 3 suspects would be:
1. DBE for failing to give reasons any further than "I don't like his style" for vote on Panzer
2. KoC for the fishy claim (fishy in that only SKs are usually NK-immune
3. maybe zoraster, but only because I don't have a proper read on him. I know I promised a PBPA on him, but it's taking a while to get to it >_>
What happened with xtoxm?

Wait lets jump on the BW and on a scum no less with no reason:
unvote, vote: Xtoxm

L-2

ACTION!

A bit of following:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Vote: Panzerjager
LAL, and if he is replaced, I really want to hear this birdie sing. Hasn't done much other than buddy up to others and slide under the radar, which really irritates me, since only scum should feel the need to avoid posting or garnering attention, out of fear they make a scum-slip.

I can get behind this wagon. His OMGUS doesn't help him at all, and he doesn't address major points in KoC's post.
unvote, vote: Panzer
Interesting that KOC states he randomly choose Korts to "vig"
I'm having second thoughts about the KoC-wagon, actually. Xtoxm had pushed the notion that he's an SK pretty hard and with absolute conviction. Also, he counterclaimed him. I don't consider it a realistic scenario for scumbuddies to both claim one-shot vig.

unvote
Lots of back and forth with the above statement and this one below:
Hmm. Reconsidering the interaction with Xtoxm around his claim, SK springs to mind. One-shot SK (?) or an SK withholding their kill or getting blocked. Also, NK-immune, which is classically an SK trait. My vote goes back.

vote: KoC
My problem I found reading Korts is the beginning is great, aggressive then it starts to lack and jump on one person to another to being wishy washy.
Based on my finding of both Grim's action and my own and eliminating both DBE and Fuzzy as scum, plus the interaction I noted with KOC and the quick jumps from one vote to another my votes is for Korts

vote: Korts
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote: Korts
it seems I forgot to do that at the end of my long post, stupid me.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Korts »

farside, how did you eliminate fuzzy as scum?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: don't worry, I'll address your points when I have more time.
scumchat never die
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Damn you all for putting the pressure on me. I am 02 on the final hammer because of my indecisive nature. Will review before I vote.
Show
you done goofed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”