Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Vulture »

I think the NM being picked thing doesn’t matter too much...
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 548, Hectic wrote:Something always feels off even if you can't articulate it imo
Okay, not always, but for a player like marci who supposedly has very little confidence in her scumgame, I think it's different
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Vulture »

For Marci, what I see is her being comfortable getting along with a friend who she can post with (if they’re scum together) without worrying a serious read might come from it vs her ignoring what I pointed out about her regarding me which wasn’t even a damning read but reasonable.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Hectic »

Perhaps

I think we agree on Pavowski being next snipe though, right?

I'm willing to case if you need convincing, Galron
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Vulture »

Pav’s my weakest read but yeah.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Vulture »

Toying around with the idea of both Enchant/Marci.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Vulture »

>_>

Maybe I should stop trying to teamsolve for now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 514, Vulture wrote:Both of them have some bad posts but I don’t think they’re scum together for how Enchant defended Marci?

It feels like a weird way to treat a scum partner to go “no they’re just bad someone is framing them” and then not saying who.
Thought this was pretty good reasoning for them not being S-S
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Hectic »

It's fun but probably not extremely productive, let's place our bets though

I reckon Pavowski + Enchant + Lukewarm
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Vulture »

Yeah I just haven’t thought a lot about Pav so now I am going ??? because what if I was sus on both of those two and was right but then talked myself out. @:
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Vulture »

I’ll do Pav + Marci + Luke I guess.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Vulture »

8AM me was smarter probably...
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Pavowski »

Lot of back and forth since this morning. Just a quick check in for me at lunch here but I still think Marci is scum, and T3's defense of her earlier suggests to me that we've been on the right track there.

But I am also starting to think that either Luke or hectic could be scum with her. Luke's pulling back which is unlike him (too many games he said and I get that, but still) but he seems to be holding some sus on Marci which brings him back up some in my book. I don't love hectics push on me. Scum knows I'm legit and could easily be trying to get Galron to shoot me here, add to that I've already said I'm not super confident in my reads. Maybe he wants me to get the gun and misfire. Taking a more critical look at this slot from here on out.

Not sure who that leaves as the 3rd, but I don't think hockey is likely.

Hectic you asked about me wanting reads from Galron. (Hard to quote as I'm on mobile right now.) I don't know Galron at all before this game, I just think it'd be beneficial to get reads from confirmed town before a shot since anybody can be wrong. On policy I don't think it's a good idea to die with information in your pocket. If I get the gun I will certainly give reads before I shoot. (Not that my reads have been a secret lately.)
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Pavowski »

I forgot about enchant. He's back and posted ... Something. Yeah, that'd be my current guess for the 3rd right now.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 523, Hectic wrote:
In post 467, Pavowski wrote:
In post 464, Hectic wrote:What are your thoughts, Galron? I would recommend not spontaneously shooting like the snorlax.

Also, idea: Letting someone know you plan on shooting them 24 hours before you do gives a good opportunity for them to try and townspew/scumspew one last time on maximum WIM, and hopefully make their alignment clearer for us
I would also like to hear some thoughts from Galron and in addition to requesting intent to shoot, I would ask for a reads list before you do shoot, just in case you do miss and die. We know we can at least trust your reads to be genuine.
In post 501, Pavowski wrote:Well that was abrupt. Gal mind giving reads in case it's a bad shot?
I didn't say earlier, Pavoski, but do you know Galron or respect his play? Because I found this intense worry about him giving final reads before shooting really weird.
Ok I took the trouble to quote on mobile because I want to get this right. "Intense worry" is quite a way to characterize my posts there. My first post specifically says why I would like the reads regardless of how the shot goes, and the 2nd is just a response to the fact that the shot was fired without giving those reads and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to hear from him.

I can't help what Galron (or anybody) might have read into the tone of those but to imply I'm disrespectful of his play is a stretch. All the reads lists going around right now are great but half of them (less now with T3 gone) are full of fuckery and the only person we all know is giving reads in good faith is Galron. I don't think it's inappropriate to want that information.

It's uncharitable implications like this (in addition to the fact that you're simply wrong on your read of me) that have you plummeting in my reads right now, hectic.

(Sidenote - you sound like a nice guy too, it's all good brother)
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Pavowski »

Anyway I way exceeded my lunch break getting into all that. Will be back in a few hours.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 517, Hectic wrote:
In post 514, Vulture wrote:Both of them have some bad posts but I don’t think they’re scum together for how Enchant defended Marci?

It feels like a weird way to treat a scum partner to go “no they’re just bad someone is framing them” and then not saying who.
Yeah, I think we're looking at 1 of Enchant/Marci (probably marci), Pavowski, and 1 sneaky deepwolf
This feels about right to me. I will probably be looking at deep wolf candidates soonish.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 519, Hectic wrote:The probably marci should say probably Enchant

It was a heavy typo
Oh. Well, that changes how much I agree with it lmao
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 527, Toogeloo wrote:Here is where I think T3 slipped his partner....
In post 10, T3 wrote:Players in order of readability:
Really easy: Lukewarm, marcistar
Also ez but slightly less: Pavowski, Toogeloo
I have some idea: Enchant, HockeyFan
Screw alts:
Hectic alt
, Galron, Vulture
OPENWOLF: NM
I had no idea that Art was Hectic's alt until Hectic officially replaced into the game. After he replaced in, I went and looked at Art's posting history. There is no reference that Art was Hectic there. So then I checked Hectic's posting history, and I went all the way back to the beginning of July (Art was born mid-July). There was no mention of an Art alt there. So how did T3 know that Art was Hectic's alt? An alt like that probably needs an ego post from it's main account in a private topic, especially for easier communicating.

My suspicion is Hectic made himself known in the mafia chat and T3 slipped that knowledge in the beginning of the game.

If I had the gun, Hectic would be my next shot.

My third suspect is Pavowski, which is more gut.
Toog is town. I see where vulture has proven toog to be wrong. But toog is town
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Hectic »

@Pav:

"intense worry" is an exaggeration, sure

I'm debating whether town would be as considerate of Galron's reads, or whether you're scum going through the motions of asking because you think it's reasonable to

Your last few posts are considerably better and the doubt starts to set in again
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 536, Hectic wrote:Lukewarm's lack of deep solving is actually starting to worry me slightly. My experience of seeing town!him is being very analytical and proactive. There's been shades of that this game but it's started to peter out

Also, if you CTR+F T3 in his ISO, you see mentions of him saying he thinks he could flip scum, but never a reason why. I find this especially strange for Lukewarm given the familiarity he has shown with T3 in the past
There did not seem like a need to deep case T3 when so many people were seeing him as scummy. Did not seem like I needed to convince anyone. Plus I no longer myself an expert in sorting T3 :dead:

Spoiler:
In post 824, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 816, T3 wrote:I have a theoretical investigative result that may incriminate Lukewarm.
Like, I know for a fact that this is not true, because I am a VT, so even something like a tracker can never give an investigative result that would look bad.

So, now I have to figure out, is t3 scum lying about it, or is t3 town lying about his result.

Any other player, I would just assume they were scum, because most players, as town, would not lie about having an incriminating result, but this is T3

In our first several games together, I very much enjoyed playing with them, but then they lost some scum games, and I guess decided that they could not fake being town as scum, so instead they just started playing bat-shit crazy as town instead, which I have no idea if it is helping their scum win rate or anything, but it more frustrating to play with them :? :?
He and I were both VTs that game, by the way. Turned out it was in fact town t3 lying about it

The only thing that I wish I had had more time to do was to sit down and case out the things I have found scummy with Hockey. But I am struggling. All 4 games that I am in simultaneous day phases
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Hectic »

Well, it's not so much deep casing, it's just talking about specific things he's done and whether you find them towny/scummy
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Hectic »

(the lack of)

Return to “Completed Open Games”