Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually MURDERCAT what would you say is your best performance as scum onsite?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:16 am

Post by cyrus62 »

sorry players I was sick Sunday and Monday so I missed a few prods please forgive me
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I'm here I'm queer, I'm in a shit mood so I ain't reading up. You wall has been denied, what do I need to know?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 82, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 69, implosion wrote:dwlee likely town for that.
can you elaborate on this one? I don't see how that post makes Dwlee any more likely town, he's just accepting a townread on him from Flea

I also don't vibe with your Datisi scumread, I feel is town!indicative from him because if he were scum wanting to bullshit a read on me he would have likely checked the Coalition game first to see whether he could find something different in my play, rather than claiming suspicion first without checking. Forgetting that I naked voted in the last game doesn't feel to me like the kind of fake thought process that scum would make up if he knew I'm town here
so does
Mindmeld Theory
™ say that i now have to townread GL for agreeing with me here? anyways, this also makes me realize that i probably misread that post from dwlee – it was probably a joke responding to infinity's post. this is part of why i don't really like to do these sorts of stream-of-reading catch-ups and sometimes get bothered when other people do them, but whatever.
In post 83, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm selecting Gamma as my other hard townread

Infinity are you townreading bugspray?
i think probably more often than not scum in this circumstance would make up at least some kind of read or something to say, especially after having just sort of defended bugs. so moderately +town for infinity here.
In post 91, Klick wrote:-snip-
inclined to townlean klick here.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

i think that the conversation between goats and datisi on page 5 seems genuine on goats' part.

--
In post 118, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 109, Datisi wrote:actually i think i'm gonna VOTE: bugspray

i don't think gamma provided any *great* rebuttals to bugspray, so the fact that they unvoted him anyway, and then voted implo (who just so happened to be the leading wagon) without any actual thoughts written out for why they did that? and with seeming a lot of confidence?
I feel like this has more reason to think gamma is scum but then you voted bugspray?
for some reason this post pings me as scum. can't explain it, just being upfront about it.

--
leaning town on infinity from the bottom of page 5 and top of page 6. i almost feel like the only thing i'm doing is seeing townreads or that i might have too much, but after checking i think probably i'm not actually going super overboard. also, GL once again says almost exactly what i was thinking.

--
In post 137, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay I got three pages in

GuiltyLion
Gamma Emerald
Not_Mafia
Flea the Magician
Infinity 324
MURDERCAT
Dwlee99

goats
bugspray
implosion
Klick
Datisi
PookyTheMagicalBear
this murdercat read is really weird.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:06 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 159, Infinity 324 wrote:do i really have to explain why implo is town
In post 162, Flea The Magician wrote:yup. you do infy.
so this post from implies that flea has been scumreading implosion, but i feel like if this were the case we probably would've seen some other posts either on the subject matter or directed towards implosion from flea, which we didn't.
In post 197, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 194, Flea The Magician wrote:So as ever, I can't resist a bit of mech talk, even in an open.

Setup seems designed with maf only having night talk, but our setup has maf daytalk. Also given the stats on the wiki show that this game has a 73% scumwin rate, how're people feeling about this?
i think it's fine, 7 is not a big enough sample size to draw conclusions based on past runs, and the EV of 47.8% is pretty townsided in this meta.
i actually disagree, my impression is that white flag is similar to both nightless and mountainous as one of the setups where the in-practice EV is pretty far from the expected EV (the EEV?). the mafia nightkill is super powerful, and it seems like basically any setup where you just have the town versus the mafia NK without adding in any other mechanics seems to have scum outperform EV. CFJ had a pretty good thread on this a while ago i think, i might try to find it later. anyways, none of this is really relevant to the game, just wanted to say.
In post 223, goats wrote:I like Klick's 91. Flea is a lighter read but I liked the two reaction tests fae made (110 and 194). A little bit of gutread in there too tbh.
i don't think either of those posts are "reaction tests".
In post 236, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 219, goats wrote:
In post 215, Dwlee99 wrote:Gamma wants to actually do something with his opening and use it to solve. It wasn't just the entrance specifically but also how he built off of it and showed how he wanted to use it to solve in a genuine way
What solving did Gamma do with his opening exercise? I didn't see him make many reads off it, he moved on really quick.
Gamma talks about how the info gleaned from it can be used later for associatives and to get people a core group to discuss things with.
let me quote myself here – i think that if i were RC i would kill you for this post alone.

things fall apart
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm responding to goats there why would RC care?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 574, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 544, implosion wrote:I'm very interested in the juxtaposition of Infinity "this is very obviously MC's town meta" 324 and PookyThe "this is very obviously not MC's town meta" MagicalBear.
Could it be ... one is scum?
:|
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:19 am

Post by northsidegal »

think that my readslist currently looks something like:

{nsg}
{infinity, datisi}
{klick}
{goats, pooky, gamma, guilty}
{implosion, NM} - null
{MURDERCAT, dwlee, flea}

not sure if i'm super happy with all of these placements? paranoia is preventing all four of gamma, guilty, goats and implosion from being higher ("guilty gammagoats implosion" coincidentally being the name of my new band). i think that eventually all of them probably will be higher (which is a weird thing to think maybe), but for now i'd like to see more. i'm similarly not
super
happy with the bottom, but it's fine.
In post 631, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm responding to goats there why would RC care?
it's mostly just me talking to myself, trying to emulate other people's thought processes. if i get the feeling that someone else would have been pinged by someone or would have reacted in some way that i myself don't, it means that that person knows something or is picking up on something that i'm not – figuring out what that might be could, i imagine, be a useful way for me to get better. hope that made sense.

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 623, northsidegal wrote:i remember muffins once played a game where he responded to literally every single post in the thread, votecounts and his own posts when he caught up to them included. always thought that was hilarious – not sure i'd have the energy to do it myself though, at least in a way that ended up slightly comedic like his was rather than just being annoying (which, to be fair, his probably still was).
I think I was in that one? I remember seeing someone do that in a game once
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
NSG is looking at least alright at a glance
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Murdercat
Maybe NM if this is town.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 624, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm gonna look at some MURDERCAT scum games in between spells of work today to see what his top scum performance can look like cause I'm worried the Infinity examples might be closer to his worst rather than his average/best

I also dislike the argument on this page of "why would I not want a bugs hammer as scum" on first pass, feels WIFOMy
In my experience MURDERCAT!scum tends to be decent at best
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Datisi »

@nsg, why am i so high?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:33 am

Post by northsidegal »

how would you feel if i told you that it was an n=1 games evaluation of your meta

not saying it is just asking

things fall apart
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Datisi »

i would feel like that is a dangerous game to play, i wouldn't complain because you're townread me, but i would still ask you to elaborate to see how you arrived there
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

nah.

at least, not right now. like i said, those are just where i'm at right now. i'd prefer to wait until i'm fully caught up before really getting into anything.

why the curiosity, if you don't mind my asking? are you surprised, or thinking that you're not playing particularly towny this game? maybe you just want to know how to fool me next time you're scum (or how you've already managed to fool me, if you're scum)?

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Is it just me or does Flea feel low-key scummy?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well, I guess it’s not “just me” because a few others have fae at the bottom of their readlists
What I’m saying is I don’t TR Flea but I also don’t see how some people are as confident in fae being scum as they are
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't think i'm yet in in the uber obvtown mode, no, but my surprise comes moreso from the fact that you've so far mentioned me only once in your catchup, and as "moderately townie". also, if i wanna read someone better by discussing their reads, the easiest one to discuss is the one on myself.

and sure, when i'm town, i'm pretty much always making some vague mental notes of what works and what doesn't for when i roll scum. debatable how much of them i actually end up remembering, though.
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah tbh the thoughts expressed in the catch-up don’t make sense with where I’m placed either, all I remember was calling my post @ goats a towntell
@nsg
as a general question, why are you paranoid of me/implo/GL/goats? Tbh I think implo should be obvtown to you because the one scumgame I remember from him was a game you modded and that was night-and-day from here (and in a recent completed game implo has asserted that his scum play still needs work, to paraphrase)
<Embrace The Void>

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 624, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm gonna look at some MURDERCAT scum games in between spells of work today to see what his top scum performance can look like cause I'm worried the Infinity examples might be closer to his worst rather than his average/best

I also dislike the argument on this page of "why would I not want a bugs hammer as scum" on first pass, feels WIFOMy
It's this one: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85633
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:58 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

let's 1v1 me and dwlee please
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:59 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

NSG please vote between me and dwlee
GTKAMURDERCAT

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:01 am

Post by northsidegal »

bit of a weird request, wouldn't you agree?

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Open Games”