T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 am

Post by T3 »

No, no, no.
Scum trying to get a roleblocker to out is useless.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 646, redtea wrote:Dragon #596
gee maybe you should READ THEM THEN
My issue with your meta posts more specifically is that you say something really nondescript like "They're acting similar to this game I linked"...but don't expand on what is similar or what about the similarities is actually scum indicative or town indicative. I could read an ISO if I wanted, but that's not telling me what you're actually getting out of them. Part of this also comes from the fact that I don't like metadiving. I'll use my familiarity with players from previous games I've played with them, but I'm not reading through old games I wasn't a part of and didn't have to think through in the moment to guide my opinion on a current game
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:43 am

So if someone's going to do that, I want to see WHAT is similar and why they feel it's indicative
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 651, Dragon of the West wrote:
My issue with your meta posts more specifically is that you say something really nondescript like "They're acting similar to this game I linked"...but don't expand on what is similar or what about the similarities is actually scum indicative or town indicative. I could read an ISO if I wanted, but that's not telling me what you're actually getting out of them. Part of this also comes from the fact that I don't like metadiving. I'll use my familiarity with players from previous games I've played with them, but I'm not reading through old games I wasn't a part of and didn't have to think through in the moment to guide my opinion on a current game
tbf this is how I use meta too I'm usually pretty vague
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 653, SirCakez wrote:
In post 651, Dragon of the West wrote:
tbf this is how I use meta too I'm usually pretty vague
Just don't use meta, it defeats the point of the game, and seldom is it reliable.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:38 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 649, SirCakez wrote:Can someone ELI5 why Roberts roll claim makes him scum
It's a low chance that he rolls the same role that Thor did. Far more likely he lied about what he rolled and to avoid getting caught outright later on, he stole someone else's roll (Thor's) so it would be a 1v1 at worst. If RMH had claimed before Thor I'd be saying the same thing about Thor rn, in reverse.

Odds of rolling the exact same role seem lower than the odds of him being scum trying to hide what he really rolled (possibly a decent scum PR that one of his buddies or he ended up with)
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:39 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

It makes the most sense to use a game's actual content than to use meta. Not only will 2 games never be totally the same, but it also creates more concrete arguments. If someone isn't producing productive content, pressure them.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Hes also just disappeared and this is exactly what he did in Chrono Trigger Chronicles when I pegged him D1 for his play. He disappeared and laid low until the gamestate moved elsewhere.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:00 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 655, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 649, SirCakez wrote:Can someone ELI5 why Roberts roll claim makes him scum
It's a low chance that he rolls the same role that Thor did. Far more likely he lied about what he rolled and to avoid getting caught outright later on, he stole someone else's roll (Thor's) so it would be a 1v1 at worst. If RMH had claimed before Thor I'd be saying the same thing about Thor rn, in reverse.

Odds of rolling the exact same role seem lower than the odds of him being scum trying to hide what he really rolled (possibly a decent scum PR that one of his buddies or he ended up with)
I mean role wise,it certainly is possible for at least one role to be shared.

I have absolutely no idea how to do a spoiler but if there are 9 town, there's a roughly 8/9 chance that with 20 roles at least one of them is shared. So without accounting for modifiers you don't have too much of a point here. Taking them into account its about 8%, so I don't think its unreasonable. I avoided typing the Maths in case anyone despises it.
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Thor omit his modifier? If he has revealed it I've missed it. Reading post on a small TV on a PlayStation browser is difficult.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 657, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hes also just disappeared and this is exactly what he did in Chrono Trigger Chronicles when I pegged him D1 for his play. He disappeared and laid low until the gamestate moved elsewhere.
Meta isn't reliable, if you're going to be suspicious of him over that, wait until he becomes more active due to a change in game state.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

We should probably try and kill mafia and werewolves before the cult leader
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:23 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 660, Thor Ragnarok wrote:We should probably try and kill mafia and werewolves before the cult leader
umm no the cult grows every night
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

There's only 1 cult
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:50 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 662, Thor Ragnarok wrote:There's only 1 cult
For now. The only reason you don't want cult to be hammered is because you 'hate' your role.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Idk how to do the math exactly in this situation but I can do a simulation of 13 rolls 1000 times or something and let you know how often the resultant set of rolls includes a duplicated town role
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I dont expect it to be as high as you think but I haven't taken stats in like 10 years at this point so *shrug*
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

In post 621, Marashu wrote:My follow-up: Did you really believe, during game, that people's rolls are the same as the roles they received?
My understanding was the the rolls would be different from the roles, but then there partial similarities with my roll and my role and I thought I must have gotten it wrong even though it would make no sense game-wise.

I panicked because I have been waiting for so long to get a town role (I made the tragic mistake of picking up many replacements when I joined to be a good citizen but they were all scum roles). I haven't been keeping track but I would guess I replaced/rolled scum in 8/10 of the games I have played and I would really like a chance to play as town for more than one day. The only reason I still join games is for a chance to play as town. I've been a good sport and played all those scum games which I absolutely hated.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Happy birthday, kyouko. I hope you win in everything you do
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

In post 664, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Idk how to do the math exactly in this situation but I can do a simulation of 13 rolls 1000 times or something and let you know how often the resultant set of rolls includes a duplicated town role
It did happen.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not above policy limming Thor. Cyrus is anti town every game in the way that his play doesn't make any sense, but I at least believe when he rolls town he is
trying
to play in a pro-town way. Thor just doesn't gaf here and I don't like that. He deserves to be limmed for playing purposefully anti-town regardless of alignment
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In fairness I'm hard skimming Cyrus's post but I don't think he's a horrible use of the days elimination
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 670, Nero Cain wrote:In fairness I'm hard skimming Cyrus's post but I don't think he's a horrible use of the days elimination
Omg much Nero since I been pushing scum you all game.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 669, Dragon of the West wrote:I'm gonna be honest, I'm not above policy limming Thor. Cyrus is anti town every game in the way that his play doesn't make any sense, but I at least believe when he rolls town he is
trying
to play in a pro-town way. Thor just doesn't gaf here and I don't like that. He deserves to be limmed for playing purposefully anti-town regardless of alignment
I mean, since Thor has pretty much said he's only going to use his vote to help if we get a guilty, I'm not against this.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Marashu »

UNVOTE:
I'm not sure how likely this is, but I think it's POSSIBLE that Robert did get confused mid-game. So I'm taking a chance here that the blatant AtE isn't scum-motivated.

James, who do you think is likely cult?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Marashu »