Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

nureins wrote:WHO IS PLEASING YTHILL?
Additionally, who is going down on Ythill's scum meter?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Darox »

We don't seriously need a deadline to get you agnostics off your rears in order to lynch this guy, right?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

FoS Darox B
. The only thing you do is pop in and say that nureins is scummy.
Why
is he scummy? Also, I like the fact that you took over your predecessor's popping-in style.

I still think Ythill is the best lynch today, though. He was very scummy day 1 ('hahaha whatever scum', not adressing my proper defenses, slippery voting style towards the end) and I haven't really seen otherwise day 2 yet.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by kuribo »

nureins wrote: - I consider Kuribo a shit player and I was ironic.

:roll:

suck my balls
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Cass »

Well, maybe I'm an idiot, but I still don't see the scumminess of Nuriens. He buddies to poeple, yes, true. Seems like a weak reason to lynch him. Kuribo upsets him: a null-tell. I think I'm going to go against the flow for a bit and:

Vote: Simenon

I do not like his responses at all. (Actually, I think a lot of players in this game are getting way too emotional.)
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Ythill »

nuriens wrote:I consider Kuribo a shit player...
The ad hom is uncalled for and it's incorrect. Kuribo is not the best player I've ever seen, but he's far from the worst. I find it interesting that you question his abilities because he was right about pacman. If he's town, which you and I seem to agree that he is, then only good play allowed him that catch.

You have discarded logic to discredit an attacker. Ooooooops, huh?
sirdan wrote:I still think Ythill is the best lynch today, though. He was very scummy day 1 (1. 'hahaha whatever scum', 2. not adressing my proper defenses, 3. slippery voting style towards the end) and I haven't really seen otherwise day 2 yet.
1. Still feeling the sting from my needling?

2. Proper defenses? You came out on the bottom end of that. It was only your claim that saved you. Don't get cocky, the amnesty will not last forever.

3. There was nothing "slippery" about my votes. I explained them fully. They only
seem
suspicious because pacman was scum.
Cass wrote:I still don't see the scumminess of Nuriens. He buddies to poeple, yes, true. Seems like a weak reason to lynch him. Kuribo upsets him: a null-tell.
Do you realize how much you have minimized the case on nuriens? He was implicated both ways by our scum confirmation. He was vague and ambivalent early D1, which was called a scumtell, then he changed his play. This means he is either scum trying to avoid suspicion or n00b town who took the attack as a lesson. Except he goes back to being vague later when habit is under attack, which invalidates the n00b read. There's plenty more.

Nuriens is the play today. Sim's style is empty, but his treatment of pacman and the wagoneers was 100% townie.
Cass wrote:Actually, I think a lot of players in this game are getting way too emotional.
With nuriens "pleasing Ythill" and calling our fight a love affair and me going down on his scum meter... and now kuribo's latest offer... I'd say it's more homoerotic than emotional. :P
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 am

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote: I'd say it's more homoerotic than emotional. :P
Not as homoerotic as an Ultimate Warrior interview. :P

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:17 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Ythill wrote:
sirdan wrote:I still think Ythill is the best lynch today, though. He was very scummy day 1 (1. 'hahaha whatever scum', 2. not adressing my proper defenses, 3. slippery voting style towards the end) and I haven't really seen otherwise day 2 yet.
1. Still feeling the sting from my needling?
Sting? What sting? Are you implying that 'hahaha whatever scum'
hurt
me? I think it hurt you more, to be honest, it was the final drop that made me suspect you enough to vote you, and I have not regretted it ever since.
2. Proper defenses? You came out on the bottom end of that. It was only your claim that saved you. Don't get cocky, the amnesty will not last forever.
Bad, bad, bad. You did not even reply to this accusation, just stating that you 'won'. Guess what, if you'd be town, it wouldn't be about winning (at least, not little arguments like these), it'd be about finding scum.

Ythill is the play today, ladies and gentlemen.
3. There was nothing "slippery" about my votes. I explained them fully. They only
seem
suspicious because pacman was scum.
I did not take the fact that pacman's scum in my accusations.

You were pushing to lynch me, I claimed, you vote someone else, you see 'pacman won't get lynched', you hammer the other bandwagon. Why wouldn't you stick with the player you suspected the most (besides the claimed doctor that is).

Now, I'll state this again, pretending you knew pacman was your partner (which you do!). You were pushing to vote a towny, towny claimed, you bus scum partner, you see that another bandwagon on towny is growing, you decide to stop bussing and hammer.

Pretty big difference, but same outcome; it makes you look scummy.

vote Ythill
. We found pacman's partner, people.

--
And something not game related:
With nuriens "pleasing Ythill" and calling our fight a love affair and me going down on his scum meter... and now kuribo's latest offer... I'd say it's more homoerotic than emotional. :P
haha
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 am

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote:
nuriens wrote:I consider Kuribo a shit player...
The ad hom is uncalled for and it's incorrect.
The ad hom was correct as none Goat or you seemed to understand the irony in my post to Kuribo. You wanted a clear word, here it was. In connection to ambivalence or buddying, I think my irony was pretty clear, and no ambivalence or buddying could be involved in this post.

Your argument on him guessing correctly is ridiculous. 2 observations, 1 correct guess (Pacman), 1 incorrect guess (me). Hardly the study is statistically serious. This seems to me an argument you can use against a child, do not treat me as if I am dumb. I am not. Save these arguments to attack someone else later. You have to find lot of scum yet.

ythill wrote: Do you realize how much you have minimized the case on nuriens? He was implicated both ways by our scum confirmation. He was vague and ambivalent early D1, which was called a scumtell, then he changed his play.
I do not remember any serious reference about my ambivalence that I took into consideration. I did not. May you explain this to me ?
With respect to my noobiness, I already pointed out this is not so relevant. In any case, to share all the information, I already said that I have played only one complete (serious) mafia game in my life.

By the way, that game was 4 days long. I voted essentially 3 persons. Two of them were scum. Here, my first day vote was essentially on sirdan, not yet revealed townie or scum. So I have put my best vote for 3 persons, two of them revealed scum, one of them townie. If you again suggest your statistical game as an argument, I will claim that 2/3 is larger than 1/2 and suggest you to follow my views and vote for Jahudo.

ythill wrote: Nuriens is the play today. Sim's style is empty, but his treatment of pacman and the wagoneers was 100% townie.
I found Simenon quite suspicious in day 1. However, having seen the result of day 1, my suspicions have not raised up significantly (if any, they have been relaxed a bit). I do not think Sim is the play today. Therefore:

a) I am buddying to Ythill by pointing out this (ythill or goat's logic)
b) Nureins is the play today (Kuribo's logic)
c) I share my opinions and information with people (nureins' logic)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 am

Post by kuribo »

sirdanilot wrote:
vote Ythill
. We found pacman's partner, people.
We did, and it would help if you would VOTE FOR HIM.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 am

Post by kuribo »

Also, if you think Ythill was bussing pacman, you're high, since he laid a case out explaining why pacman was town.

Go sit in your failure corner.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Jahudo »

nureins wrote:Do you want me to discuss Goebels again?
I understand the case as you presented it with regards to Ythill's tactics, but my own interpretation is that you tried to make up and embellish scum tells on his style of play that can be legitimate as town, and of course you now think Ythill's town.
nureins wrote:In any case, I said FOUND. I do not find them anymore like that. Neither manipulative nor quite poor...This does not mean Ythill is a nonsense person, as Kuribo or Darox, or a mafia guy jumping onto me, as you...
I can't really argue with your beliefs so I'll drop my argument there. As for nonsensical people, I think they know what they're doing and why it can be effective in riling up scum. A real nonsense person was TPT.
nureins wrote:Brilliant trick. MANIPULATIVE.
It was your own words. If you felt any combination of sarcasm/condescension/remorse for Ecto and Kuribo at those times, I can't read it. In any case, they hurt the nureins who is "sharing opinions and information with people" and who is "open to look for people to help in the task of developing scum debate".
nureins wrote:can you give examples in which I havent re-read profusely the thread and construct a serious case against ?
Yes, the examples I brought up have already been analyzed and discussed. I don't have a problem with how you defended them, but I think that your actions could have been performed by scum.
nureins wrote: Your argument on him guessing correctly is ridiculous. 2 observations, 1 correct guess (Pacman), 1 incorrect guess (me). Hardly the study is statistically serious. This seems to me an argument you can use against a child, do not treat me as if I am dumb.
But there's the burden of proof from where we're all standing, because you are not confirmed town. You also ignore parts of the late day 1 interactions by saying that an argument based on them is childish.
nureins wrote:I already said that I have played only one complete (serious) mafia game in my life.
By the way, that game was 4 days long. I voted essentially 3 persons. Two of them were scum.
Saying it in this game does not make your actions any more town. It's irrelevant.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 am

Post by nureins »

Jahudo wrote:
nureins wrote:Do you want me to discuss Goebels again?
I understand the case as you presented it with regards to Ythill's tactics, but my own interpretation is that you tried to make up and embellish scum tells on his style of play that can be legitimate as town, and of course you now think Ythill's town.
[/quote]

Can you come up with quotes and examples of a brilliant theory invented by you ?

nureins wrote:Brilliant trick. MANIPULATIVE.
It was your own words.
[/quote]

My own words were a fun comment to a player and a ironic harsh word to the other. And you used them to suggest the second was buddying. Manipulative.
nureins wrote:can you give examples in which I havent re-read profusely the thread and construct a serious case against ?
Yes, the examples I brought up have already been analyzed and discussed. [/quote]

You have not mentioned any person about which I had "flimsy views" that I can sway when a town is no longer an ally. I asked you for examples. The only one is YOU. And I have built a case based on reasoning. Give the examples or admit your mistake.

Then you buy the argument of Ythill about how one correct guess of a player is significant to any extent is just more of the same. You and Pac played the tennis game and you asked all the time for Ythill being the referee. Pacman was kinda McEnroe, and you were Pete Sampras the well-behaved guy. And you yet follow this path.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:34 am

Post by sirdanilot »

kuribo wrote:Also, if you think Ythill was bussing pacman, you're high, since he laid a case out explaining why pacman was town.

Go sit in your failure corner.
Oh, yes he did, but when and where, and why did he vote him if he did?

If he did it before my claim, then it just makes him flipping to pacman after my claim more suspicious.

If he did it after my claim, then why the hell did he vote pacman?

Actually, I don't want you to answer for Ythill, let him defend himself.

---

Also, people, this game is getting a little bit too personal here. We shouldn't call each other 'shit players', 'dumb' or 'failure' and what not. It's a game. Let's all just stay civilized people, mkay? You may criticize people's play styles if you want to, but people shouldn't say 'you're a bad player' or 'you fail' or stuff like that.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by kuribo »

sirdanilot wrote: You may criticize people's play styles if you want to, but people shouldn't say 'you're a bad player' or 'you fail' or stuff like that.
Maybe you should try succeeding if you don't want your failure pointed out?

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Simenon »

Sirdan is the most frustrating player I've ever had to read.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Simenon »

Notice how Cass still hasn't explained why the post she quoted is a poor one
in context

It's easy to assert things and not back them up. But we've been through this.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Im back from a week in the hospital and will be catching up as soon as I can. I need the important cliff notes. Are we on deadline? Who are we trying to string up? Also, give me time to tell you who it should be instead. Im off the next 2 weeks and will be able to spend a few hours catching up.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Ectomancer wrote:Are we on deadline?
No
Ectomancer wrote:Who are we trying to string up?
nureins, Jahudo, Simenon and Ythill have votes.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:48 am

Post by kuribo »

Simenon wrote:Notice how Cass still hasn't explained why the post she quoted is a poor one
in context

It's easy to assert things and not back them up. But we've been through this.
After 40+ pages for Day 1, it feels like we've been over EVERYTHING.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 am

Post by kuribo »

(and before nureins comes along and twists that last statement to mean we should quicklynch without discussion, what I was referring to is the fact that Day 1 was frustratingly long and had alot of discussion. It's a turn of phrase, you see)

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:27 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Simenon wrote:Sirdan is the most frustrating player I've ever had to read.
Why thank you. Now, if you'd like to reply to my accusation of you a page back, I'd be completely satisfied. Or at least tell me that you've read it.

I was about to ask you 'why am I frustrating to read' but then I remembered that you don't back up statements, so I decided not to.
kuribo wrote: Maybe you should try succeeding if you don't want your failure pointed out?
And how is this game related, helpful or pro-town in any way?

Kuribo, could you please stop throwing shit at people and start playing the game again, like you were doing day 1.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:16 am

Post by kuribo »

sirdanilot wrote:
Kuribo, could you please stop throwing shit at people and start playing the game again, like you were doing day 1.
How is it not playing the game to point out that you're making a ridiculous and flawed argument?

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:22 am

Post by sirdanilot »

kuribo wrote:
sirdanilot wrote:
How is it not playing the game to point out that you're making a ridiculous and flawed argument?
And why do you say things like 'you fail ' instead of 'your argument is flawed'?

Let's stop this discussion, since this won't get anywhere.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”