Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

/confirm
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:27 am

Post by roflcopter »

hey dude i know you
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:33 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: clammy

your plan immediately outs the masons to the scum. nice try.

what we should do is hypo claim doc targets at the start of each day, as in 'if i am a doc i protected light kun' that way masons don't get outed.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

guys, hypodoc works because that way when a quack dies it immediately outs any scum they protected, and it doesn't out the masons in the process.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:26 am

Post by roflcopter »

would you rather take away four chances to prevent the scum kill?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

this game has too much setup discussion and not nearly enough discussing how scummy clammy is
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

way to entirely sidestep the issue of how scummy you are

i'm right on the money again methinks
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by roflcopter »

deflection! 2 points

why does everyone always expect reasons for a vote to be constantly repeated?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by roflcopter »

did you miss the part where you proposed a plan that would out the masons to the scum on day one and then i voted you for trying to enact a plan that is so blatantly pro scum?

thats the accusation that i'd better come up with. still think i'm irrelevant?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i'm glad we can speak so candidly about this

i do think i'm a big deal

you still haven't addressed the fact that your plan was proscum, but i guess i'll wait til anyone else weighs in on this. not that i wouldn't enjoy an entire page of back and forth between us.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

holy crap springlullaby thank you for making it so obvious you are clammy's scumpartner.

fos: springlullaby
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

spring, you couldn't be more obvious in simultaneously protecting and distancing from clammy.

here is how i read your actions: "attack rofl for his attack on clammy. fos clammy for exactly what rofl attacked him for." you can't have your cake and eat it too, sorry.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Post by roflcopter »

spring, how was i "lashing out" at clammy?

and how does any percieved lack of finesse make me more likely to be scum?

thats really one of the most ridiculous accusations i have ever seen. you're just desperate because light's plan is going to out you.

if i am a doctor, i will be targeting springlullaby tonight
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i am prodded. just waiting for everyone to agree so we can move things along.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

militant and datte look pro town atm. need more time than i have for this game right now, will be back later with more content. rice seems shifty.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah, rice and net both look scummy. sotty didn't say nearly enough yesterday, hard to read. i'll hopefully have something more like real access later to expound upon these points.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: rice

i'd rather lynch scum than the quack, the quack is still town

i think docs sitting tight tonight might be the way to go
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 am

Post by roflcopter »

rice is very, very shifty right about now. obviously the placement of my vote tells y'all where i still stand on him.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:44 am

Post by roflcopter »

what, because we're both voting you? thats so insightful. /eyeroll
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

i can't even fully comprehend how ridiculous your thought process in this game is
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

i've got some things to say to jazz but no time to say them atm
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

got a flight to catch tonight and too much to do in preparation for this trip, but theoretically i'll have wifi at my hotel so you'll hear from me tomorrow
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 am

Post by roflcopter »

yaus! internets! barack obama! life is so good right now! but typing on this handheld device is a real pain, so its gonna take me a while to write an actual post. its in the works.

people overseas might be even happier than americans about this election, btw
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

Netlava wrote:Roflcopter is a scummy because he seems to exaggerate how scummy he finds other people. With clammy earlier in the game, it was ok since it was coming out of random stage, but now his posts continue to follow this same trend, which I don't like. From my experience, I've found that scum tend to exaggerate people's guilt and throw out words like "malicious" etc.

Vote: roflcopter
how convenient that you raise an issue now with my treatment of clammy, but had nothing to say about it when it actually happened. something fishy is going on here.
Jazzmyn wrote:Whew.

I had to read the entire thread from start to finish twice to make sense of what happened on Day 1, and I've also been working my way through reading each player's posts in isolation to try to get a sense of who's who in terms of pro-town v. scummy players. I haven't got through all of the players' posts in isolation yet, but in the meantime, I thought I should post my overall impressions so far.

As a replacement coming into Day 2 after a disastrous Day 1, I am cognizant that I have a different benefit of hindsight than those of you who were here on Day 1, since I wasn't here at the time that you were all posting what you did on Day 1, so I have tried to keep that in mind while re-reading the second time. I have tried to separate out the things that struck me as suspicious
only
with the benefit of hindsight from those that struck me as suspicious even
without
the benefit of hindsight. Of course, it is impossible to do that with 100% accuracy, for obvious reasons, but I have tried.

Overall, I find roflcopter the most suspicious for his constant exaggeration of the alleged scumminess of others by way of very short posts almost entirely devoid of substance and entirely devoid of evidence in support of his allegations.
I am not impressed or swayed by dramatic accusations in the absence of evidence, and roflcopter seems to be trying to hone "dramatic accusations in the absence of evidence" to an art form.

The player who pings my scumdar most after roflcopter is Sun Tzu, because he seems to be flying under the radar without contributing much to the thread, but then showing up to hammer once the townies have committed to a (in my view, flawed - sorry to say) plan which was very likely to end badly for the town. It is often the case that among scum teams, there are vocal ones who take the lead and quiet ones who sit back and try to fly under the radar, showing up only when necessary. Sun's Day 1 history seems to fit the bill for (one of?) the quiet ones among the current scum team as he's posted very rarely, and has offered little, if anything, in the way of analysis but showing up when absolutely necessary to support the scum team.

As I said, I tried to separate out the hindsight parts of my review for my first substantive post since I wasn't here on Day 1 and most of the rest of you were, but I will be happy to expand on the rest of it further during the course of discussion.

Regards,
Jazz
1 i can only assume you're talking about the stretch of posts from me, addressed at clammy, earlyish on day one. did you read me in isolation, or with clammy's posts interspersed? i think you'll find i make a lot more sense when you see what it was i am responding to. and make sure to check out the timestamps, as a large chunk of that exchange took place in very quick succession.

2 you've clearly never read any of my games (and why would you have) but yes, for me it is an art form. i make cases based on gut reads, and generally evidence comes after i build up some momentum. in this case, my push against clammy garnered support directly because of his own actions, so i didn't need to implicitly state anything myself.

Riceballtail wrote:Meh, still here. Was actually writing a post.

Anyway, I don't feel as though my opinion has changed, although I'm glad someone else agrees that rofl is scummy.
Riceballtail wrote:Our scum: militant/rofl/Sun

Thanks for playing guys.
i just love how quickly you fell in with jazz's opinions, especially in regards to sun. scummo wants a pet townie?
Jazzmyn wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Our scum: militant/rofl/Sun

Thanks for playing guys.
You do realize that articulating reasons for your suspicions is not only desirable but required, and that simply making bald allegations is neither desirable nor compelling, don't you?

Regards,
Jazz
you do realize that your superior vocabulary is intimidating to cretins and mongoloids like the rest of us poor sinners in this thread, and convolutedly verbose posts like this only serve to cow the uneducated, don't you?
[/joke]
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

[steve irwin]observe the scum, rice, in its natural habitat, where it is free to ignore points made against it and strawman netlava[/steve]
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

[irwin]crikey![/stingray]
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by roflcopter »

raider8169 wrote:
Vote militant

This is starting to drag on and I think you are the best lynch at the moment.
there's something really wrong here.

now i love a day that is short and to the point probably more than anybody else, but your last post was questioning rice's blank assessment of militant, myself and sun and all the sudden you're wagoning militant simply because the day is dragging?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

i agree with net that so called "overdefensiveness" is not a scumtell. town and scum have equal desire to not be lynched, getting lynched is working against your win condition no matter what it is, so defending yourself against a lynch is never a scumtell.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

netlava wrote:Saying hi is a scumtell (buddying up). In this case, it reflects worse on militant.
wow thats a reach
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i dislike how little attention rice and raider are drawing. the town's focus is is too spread out right now, its allowing both of them to skate by without actually saying anything.

just as a reminder, this is what they've added today

rice: militant, rofl and sun are scum bc i say so
raider: i agree with rice, he's obviously a great scumhunter. now lets end this day, wot?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

"chainsaw" is when player a attacks the person making a case against player b in order to defuse the case against player b, but i'm not sure where rice thinks he saw me doing it.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i'd be up for a rice or raider lynch. that last little song and dance with the unvote from raider makes lynching him look a lot more appealing.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by roflcopter »

having people vote =/= having people give opinions, though i do agree with you that people should be voting and putting their money where their mouth is. it feels like there's probably scum sitting back to see which way the wind is going to blow before they join any wagons.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:10 am

Post by roflcopter »

so, the masons should obviously claim, and then this should just about be game over town wins
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 am

Post by roflcopter »

actually i'm pretty sure i have a good idea of who at least two of the masons are, i'm glad the scums didn't reach the same conclusion as me last night. rice is probably right, we can go ahead with masons claiming. its not like the masons are about to lynch each other anyway, and if it keeps the scum in the dark so much the better.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Jazzmyn wrote:
roflcopter wrote:actually i'm pretty sure i have a good idea of who at least two of the masons are, i'm glad the scums didn't reach the same conclusion as me last night. rice is probably right,
we can go ahead with masons claiming.
its not like the masons are about to lynch each other anyway, and if it keeps the scum in the dark so much the better.
My bolding.

Surely, Rice's stated position was the exact opposite of this. So, the question is whether that was a typo or a scum slip up on your part.

FoS: roflcopter

Regards,
Jazz
typo

vote: pacman
though claiming quack is a pretty interesting gambit, you're just trying to clear yourself on no evidence at all, since none of the actual doctors would know they're a quack to be able to counterclaim.

rice, i don't want the masons to claim, i'm saying that its good the scum didn't figure out what i did and killed datte instead, as pacman just told us
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by roflcopter »

hi. shitty access recently. guess we're waiting for pacman to say something more before we lynch him? cause that needs to happen.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm finding it difficult to respond to the lack of points made against me, but its nice to know i'm at l-1 and we're letting pacman get away with claiming quack on the only night kill.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

congratulations raider!

i'm not posting because nobody has sufficiently explained what exactly i'm being voted for (though i don't blame most of them, i understand they probably do have some sort of consensus reason behind it) and because i've already explained why i believe pacman's claim is total bs and he should be lynched for it but i haven't gotten much support from that and there is no more i can do to push it forward in the face of the onslaught i am under.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

its not so much trying to figure them out as having figured them out yesterday. i don't feel the need to explicitly state who they are on the off chance the mafia hasn't figured it out by now (they obviously hadn't by last night).

it makes whats going on in this thread understandable, if still really frustrating.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

rice, i wouldn't hammer myself no matter what. town and scum work towards their win condition equally by not getting lynched. self hammering is never the right move.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Post by roflcopter »

yawn

we are getting nowhere fast
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by roflcopter »

god i just can't express enough what a clusterfuck we were as a scum team

net, why didn't you fucking tell us sotty was a mason when you tracked her? you gave me the impression she was NOT a mason.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by roflcopter »

because we had somehow successfully hoodwinked the town into all targeting spring that night, so anyone who had a negative track result had to be mason

day one went so well too

*headdesk*

i think the real problem is that i just suck as mafia
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”