Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was moreso looking at who scum would want to take out using the kill from my role. It happens immediately after lim but not in the night phase. That means it doesn’t interact with doctors and roleblockers, thus the roles it’s meant to deal with have to be ones that prevent themselves from dying.
LLD’s corrected claim just makes me feel worse, because I thought she was an ally in getting forked by the role generation but it turns out I can’t even take solace in that. It’s not like I could have gotten much better, I know for a fact that I was basically stuck with getting something shitty because of this flavor. I guess maybe Luke is the one I probably have the most kinship with because I remember he said the mod bullied him for his pick.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

ssbm_Kyouko

I’ve already hit on my reasoning about Kyouko, highlighting her posting frequency difference between alignments. Someone else mentioned her being in the forefront with shrewd thoughts, I believe this was DGB? I also don’t think scum-kyouko makes sense with how she’s played post-N1. Her vote on Dunn backs up her claim of a guilty, before she even claimed she noted ffery’s post about making sure that investigatives can out information. Of those who voted an actual wagon, hers is the one vote I don’t side-eye for this very reason. I also liked her reaction to the crumbs reveal, I feel like that felt like a genuine response from someone not used to playing with morph and myself, which would be hard to fake on a scumteam that likely was trying to decode them at earlier times.

I don’t agree about no-elim today. But that’s personal preference.

Wheme_Star

So, I am going to preface this with I am disappointed in how little solving Wheme has done throughout the game. But disappointment does not make him scum.

First off, I’m going to reference a Tenet read. In particular, Tammy’s read on myself. This is one of the things I’ve been mulling around in my head with regards to how he reacted to the overwhelming scumreads towards the end of Day 1. There’s no denying how high a regard he gives to the members of morph and LLD, and I think scum-wheme wouldnt play the confusion angle with regards to the scumreads on him.

Second off, he can only be scum with Cabd. If Cabd is town, Wheme is confirmed town. I’d even argue given the way everything shook out between that role, wheme genuinely looks pretty town. The “Oh wait I am the person youre looking for” after all the gammarci confusion seems too out there to be a cabd/wheme scumteam. Its such a ridiculously hard interaction to coach.

Third, and credit for this goes to fairylit- she mentioned his claim being awkward and inorganic in NQN, but his claim here felt natural.

Dunnstral

This is coming down to PoE. A common thought fairylit and I had day one that if there was a player that has us pocketed, it was Dunn. He hit every single note we had perfectly, and has continued this onto day 2. But therein lies the problem- I can’t remember a time Dunn has hit every note I have thought perfectly, beating us to the punch on several occasions.

There’s also the whole, you know, tracker situation. But yeah.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I’m gonna start reading after work fuck it I’m gonna catch all u fuckers
Im a dog that quacks
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

Attaboy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In fact my role parallels Luke’s better than it parallels LLD’s following the corrected claim
Each of our roles does something fucky with a basic game concept, mine giving scum a bonus factional kill that ignores all impediments, Luke’s screwballing the ability to elim during the day
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Thoughts on Dunn’s being similar to a flipped town role already

I’m surprised no 1 brought it up yet
Im a dog that quacks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

man you really are leaning into this bad cop shtick huh
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4180, WhemeStar wrote:Thoughts on Dunn’s being similar to a flipped town role already

There seems to be parallels in many places
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 4181, Gamma Emerald wrote:man you really are leaning into this bad cop shtick huh
what post is this in reference to?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It more in reference to the lack of response to 4175
I am baring my soul here and I feel like I’m just getting met with cold derision.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, please for the love of god do not validate my dad’s tirade against this site
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

no derision.

I'm on the bike with my tablet. reading, but no great substance for a bit.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That sounds exceedingly dangerous and I walk in public with my head buried in my phone most of the time
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

stationary bike
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ah
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 4175, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was moreso looking at who scum would want to take out using the kill from my role. It happens immediately after lim but not in the night phase. That means it doesn’t interact with doctors and roleblockers, thus the roles it’s meant to deal with have to be ones that prevent themselves from dying.
LLD’s corrected claim just makes me feel worse, because I thought she was an ally in getting forked by the role generation but it turns out I can’t even take solace in that. It’s not like I could have gotten much better, I know for a fact that I was basically stuck with getting something shitty because of this flavor. I guess maybe Luke is the one I probably have the most kinship with because I remember he said the mod bullied him for his pick.
If you're town, yeah this role blows and I would be extremely bummed if I had a role like that.

extra-negative utility roles suck, but I have to trust that the mod has stuff in the game that ameliorates it (that or the game basically wasn't winnable in which case, I walk away with various lessons learned). I've been a town beloved princess twice offsite. Town won one of the games and the other I don't think the loss could be entirely chalked up to my role, though it sure didn't help.

Anyway. We know dead players are factors in the game. just because the living claims don't show a countereffect doesn't mean there isn't one.

I don't think it's realistic to expect other players to feel this on the same level you do, though. We don't know your alignment. We don't know if you're for real on this. We're all seeing the game in part through the lens of our own roles which we know exist. Most other data in the game is less reliable.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 4176, Kate Bishop wrote:There’s also the whole, you know, tracker situation. But yeah.
I want to stress that as well as the POE, the tracker situation and the magnet/conduit aspect of Dunn's claim and the way it came out is a factor. I don't feel like his reaction to ssbm's results claim was a huge red flag, but it was kinda understated. More on this probably tomorrow.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 4180, WhemeStar wrote:Thoughts on Dunn’s being similar to a flipped town role already

I think he's trying to make a believable fakeclaim by drawing from the information he has about flipped roles.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like between the vote on me and the weird treatment of the claim kyouko has been rather suspect
I also don’t place much value on reads based on being lower effort as scum, you never know which game someone is going to deliberately decide to subvert their effort meta, so you have to be hyper-vigilant
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4175, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was moreso looking at who scum would want to take out using the kill from my role. It happens immediately after lim but not in the night phase. That means it doesn’t interact with doctors and roleblockers, thus the roles it’s meant to deal with have to be ones that prevent themselves from dying.
dude

i have to have a kill be stopped (which i knew was never happening)

like, to be clear, a kill USING ME has to be stopped.

so i can break free

>.>
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

yeesh
Yeah I guess you me and Luke are just a trio of getting shafted by the mod
<Embrace The Void>

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Reading from page 1 because i hate my life
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Wait is LLD a hydra
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 4071, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:i'm loathe to claim this, but

if the scum kill is ever blocked or stopped or doesn't occur for any reason, the brainwash is broken and i become a one shot day vig
Did anyone else forget that LLD said they full claimed earlier besides their flavor.
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 199, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 197, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Hey,

Rhiannon playing this game. How fortunate for you, not so fortunate for us, I suppose.

Our role is a trashheap pure negative utility role. I begin the game brainwashed. At night, the scum may use me to perform their night kills.

Oh, and I have the town win condition but thankfully I've been told that I don't count towards the Mafia despite being brainwashed, so that's good at least.
This is a full claim besides my character name which I will happily provide if asked.
Im a dog that quacks

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”