Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

and I don't think either Mewtaph or IV have said anything approaching "you can't suspect me because I can't handle it for mental health reasons."
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Please untilt
I prefer they, thanks :)
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1025, Aristeia wrote:and I don't think either Mewtaph or IV have said anything approaching "you can't suspect me because I can't handle it for mental health reasons."
yes
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1024, Aristeia wrote:like honestly this game is not playable if every town player says "you can't suspect me because I can't handle being scumread for mental health reasons." and scum are what, not allowed to say that because they'll be ostracized and blacklisted?

that's not even a mafia game.
I don't disagree here, but I didn't take it to this point. I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do here.
In post 1023, Aristeia wrote:I don't think either of them have claimed being scum read is damaging to their mental health and the line of thought is dangerously close to making this game unplayable
In post 1025, Aristeia wrote:and I don't think either Mewtaph or IV have said anything approaching "you can't suspect me because I can't handle it for mental health reasons."
...Except they did.
In post 845, Mewtaph wrote:I feel like communicating with you further is anti-town. I don't care if you scumread me for it, communicating with you feels shit and I'd rather not do it.
In post 846, Mewtaph wrote:You are part of that reason, by the way. Not the IC part.
In post 849, Mewtaph wrote:And this is exactly why I didn't want to communicate with your slot by the way. But go on.
In post 851, Mewtaph wrote:Mmm, you may have hit a nerve that isn't specific to you. I apologize if it comes off as aggressive, but yes. Can we leave this for now, please? If you push my slot I'm fine with it but I don't really feel like interacting with you is best for my general state right now.
In post 878, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 859, datsi wrote:It a sort of hitting-your-head-against-a-wall tone I feel like scum typically display when trying to sway an IC or pseudo-IC
tbh not trying to be mean but i find roden pretty annoying (just this game nothing personal) and i kind of vibed with Mew's sentiment myself so i don't see it as scummy. like i just don't really want to interact with him because he's just been dead set on voteparking me, claiming the only thing i do is AtE making it seem like im some super scum for that, taking potshots at me, calling me elim-bait etc. and ari just gets to sheep him because he's IC and i don't really feel like i can do anything about this situation. idk im in kind of a unique spot for him tho
In post 961, innocentvillager wrote:do I have to use the word “mental state” explicitly in order to have an emotional reason to not want to interact with you? I don’t, I found your potshots at me annoying and I didn’t want to respond exactly because we have discussion like this that are not making the game fun anymore for either of us

you are the IC and you obviously seem really set on me as scum I’m not sure why you keep trying to suggest otherwise

and it’s something I’ve obviously been feeling this whole time since I didn’t interact with you why are you pushing the narrative that I did it after?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I mean I don't think either of those interactions is saying "I can't handle being scumread because mental health"

They don't want to interact with you and they laid out their emotions why.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

its not like IV is going to come shade you like he did for the other people who voted him since you're an IC so the only way he handles your slot is saying you're annoying and he doesn't want to interact with you.

That's why IV is just super shady to me, he doesn't actually care if the people voting him have good reasons to vote him, it's just full press on AtE and throwing shade at anyone who dares to suspect him which is kind of ridiculous.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Roden »

Is someone's emotional state not a part of their mental health?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Aristeia »

faking an emotional response is a standard part of a social deduction game,

if you say that emotions can't be faked and you will never play with someone who is faking an emotional response then um that's not really playing mafia?

If anyone actually has mental health issues due to playing this game, I would assume they would just replace out in order to prioritize their actual well-being over a silly text based game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1032, Aristeia wrote:faking an emotional response is a standard part of a social deduction game,

if you say that emotions can't be faked and you will never play with someone who is faking an emotional response then um that's not really playing mafia?

If anyone actually has mental health issues due to playing this game, I would assume they would just replace out in order to prioritize their actual well-being over a silly text based game.
Nothing you're saying here is wrong. That's not the issue.

I'm getting repeatedly told by two different players that they refuse to talk to me, and imply I've done or said something genuinely damaging. Faking an emotional response, and claiming harm to one's emotional state, are just two completely different things and takes this game to a place that makes it impossible for me to actually play.

Genuinely, what am I supposed to do here?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 991, Datisi wrote:i notice now that margot didn't address the things i sent her way and is overall still being largely underwhelming so

VOTE: margot

preferred vote still t3 but i don't feel like i'm getting anything done vanity wagoning there
Is this what you're talking about?
In post 885, Datisi wrote:
In post 861, MargotRosa wrote:This is especially given the fact that all of IV's reasons for voting back at me are bizarre when you actually stop and think about it for five seconds. Like, asking for a claim is scum indicative? Trying to vote out someone you think is scum is scum indicative? What isn't scum indicative in your book IV? Anyone voting for anyone is scum. Is the only Townie in this game N_M?
this feels a bit dishonest. like it feels like iv's reasons for scumreading her, but dumbed down and out of context to the point of being nonsensical.

i would also like for you to talk more about your iv scumread other than "yep, still scum". and why is iv/mew voting you scum!indicative for you? do you genuinely believe that two scum got so scared of you they're tying themselves together in order to push you?

ok i see there's also the "iv went after you and t3" which uh, hasn't iv been vocally defending t3 for like, a long time now?

bottom of page 35, need a break bc brain hurt, be back in a bit.
My reasoning is in , and was expanded upon in later posts. IV came into the game late, and made reads that were completely out of step with the rest of the game. It looked to me like Scum coming in late and making reads based on what they wanted from the game state rather than what was actually going on in the game. Everything that has happened since then has cemented that view in my mind.

Also, T3 is Town. Sorry.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Roden »

And yes, I assume someone would just replace out as well. But I haven't mentioned that since I'm not sure if that's against the rules or not.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Can we all give a decent vibe check on where Town's head is at? I don't think IV is happening. T3 is Town, and I'm not voting that slot. I am Town. Mew is still on my scumdar. I still don't like Datsi, but can respect that voting that slot will look like I'm just boomeranging their vote back at them.

In the words of the benevolent head overlord, show me what you got
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1033, Roden wrote:I'm getting repeatedly told by two different players that they refuse to talk to me, and imply I've done or said something genuinely damaging. Faking an emotional response, and claiming harm to one's emotional state, are just two completely different things and takes this game to a place that makes it impossible for me to actually play.

I do not think either of them have claimed that they have been mentally harmed by your actions in this game.

I also don't think your actions would lead to mental harm of anyone, I don't think any of your actions have crossed that particular line.

Expressing suspicion of people is just how the game is played.

Claiming that someone's suspicion of you has caused you serious mental harm is not.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1037, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1033, Roden wrote:I'm getting repeatedly told by two different players that they refuse to talk to me, and imply I've done or said something genuinely damaging. Faking an emotional response, and claiming harm to one's emotional state, are just two completely different things and takes this game to a place that makes it impossible for me to actually play.

I do not think either of them have claimed that they have been mentally harmed by your actions in this game.

I also don't think your actions would lead to mental harm of anyone, I don't think any of your actions have crossed that particular line.

Expressing suspicion of people is just how the game is played.

Claiming that someone's suspicion of you has caused you serious mental harm is not.
I just find it hard to interpret what they've said any other way, and neither of them have done or said anything to course correct or explain what the core problem is. This is exactly why I said IV is being manipulative, but he keeps denying it, and Datisi saying he doesn't see it either means I'm either actually in the wrong or I'm being very heavily gaslit.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.11
T3 (3) :
Dwlee99 ; Datisi ; Salsabil Faria
MargotRosa (3) :
innocentvillager ; Mewtaph ; Roden
Not_Mafia (2) :
Not_Mafia ; Datsi
Innocentvillager (2) :
MargotRosa ; Aristeia
Mewtaph (1) :
ssbm_Kyouko
Datsi (1) :
ChaosOmega

Not voting (1) :
T3

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-09-30 20:18:31) or when a wagon reaches majority at 7 votes

announcementsssbm_Kyouko is V/LA

flavor
Prodigous size does not dissuade the sharpened bladed

Last edited by Gypyx on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Datisi »

y'all just *really* want to kill any desire i have to play this game, huh?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1034, MargotRosa wrote:My reasoning is in 526, and was expanded upon in later posts.
where. i looked through your iso, the only post could find that actually elaborated was the one i quoted previously and said i hated?
In post 1034, MargotRosa wrote:IV came into the game late, and made reads that were completely out of step with the rest of the game. It looked to me like Scum coming in late and making reads based on what they wanted from the game state rather than what was actually going on in the game. Everything that has happened since then has cemented that view in my mind.
why did his reads give you that impression when he did almost nothing to actually push them through? like, that was my original issue with him, nonsensical reads that had no backing whatsoever. how much thought did you put into this read? and how has the rest of the game ~cemented~ that for you?
In post 1034, MargotRosa wrote:Also, T3 is Town. Sorry.
why.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1008, innocentvillager wrote:Datisi metaing MBOS is next on my list

on first glance it looks superficially similar but obviously i need to look into it more, if ur getting similar vibes maybe my tl on T3 weakens
Alright I think I missed where this was mentioned in the first place but everyone is talking about it now and I feel like I'm missing context by not knowing. What is "MBOS"? Anyone can answer
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I prefer they, thanks :)
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:14 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1033, Roden wrote:
In post 1032, Aristeia wrote:faking an emotional response is a standard part of a social deduction game,

Nothing you're saying here is wrong. That's not the issue.

I'm getting repeatedly told by two different players that they refuse to talk to me, and imply I've done or said something genuinely damaging. Faking an emotional response, and claiming harm to one's emotional state, are just two completely different things and takes this game to a place that makes it impossible for me to actually play.

You'll know when you've crossed a line, or are approaching that point. You aren't here as far as I can tell. If you do cross, you can apologize in an out-of-the-game sense and still scumread someone. People can be scum
and
experience mental/emotional health issues due to the game. Some people (myself included) will choose to play this game despite it being bad for mental/emotional health because they value the fun over their wellbeing.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:17 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Thanks, probably will have to reread all the mbos references for context
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:13 am

Post by innocentvillager »

i don’t think anyone has crossed a line this game regardless of anyone’s alignment or that anything is necessarily anyone’s fault

Id like to just move on if possible

I’ll get to this tmr busy today
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

If no one's interested in datsi, I'll make my vote useful.

VOTE: innocentvillager

I can't get a good read on T3 or N_M this game (or ever, really), so I'm fine going there as well. Not really into the Margot wagon.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:44 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Also not into the Margot wagon, would policy N_M, but not before taking a good look at T3 and his wagon. I feel like I'm decent at reading T3 when I put my mind to it. I feel a bit out of it after the V/LA but I recall not liking his early posting.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Datisi »

so we're approaching 3 days left to deadline, and the wagons are completely scrambled. t3 and margot are still my preferred votes but i'm getting a sinking feeling they're town. iv doesn't feel like scum and n_m is a complete policy that i also think is town. fuck me

????? VOTE: dwlee ?????
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”