Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Korts »

I didn't read properly in the morning, I see now how fuzzy's confirmed to you, farside. The only possibility I can think of is you, farside being a mafia RB. Which, considering your choices, actually make fair sense. You blocked the claimed rolecop twice in a row, and then the other investigative role last night. My guess is that you didn't want incriminating results.

To answer your points, farside, both the Xtoxm and the D3 Panzer votes were fully justified. The reasoning in the vote on Xtoxm is pretty obvious, too, "ACTION!" meaning a pressure to post.

Your points on my Day 1 votes are pretty weak. Activity wasn't at its best, so I think voting ZS for consecutively failing to contribute was pretty much justified; and with the precise time of the deadline being unknown, I think pressuring Panzer into voting was the best thing I could do with my vote at the time of the quoted vote.

What exactly is your point on the popcorn pick issue? That's just BS, and you know it; I had two choices, did you mean to imply that it's incriminating to choose the one who'll actually answer the same week?

I hadn't considered this before, but nothing actually points to farside being
town
, only her role is confirmed, but it's a role that can be found with both alignments. Her night choices weren't really pro-town from my point of view, either, since three nights in a row she blocked claimed investigative roles. I'm pretty confident voting her.

vote: farside
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:I didn't read properly in the morning, I see now how fuzzy's confirmed to you, farside. The only possibility I can think of is you, farside being a mafia RB. Which, considering your choices, actually make fair sense. You blocked the claimed rolecop twice in a row, and then the other investigative role last night. My guess is that you didn't want incriminating results.

To answer your points, farside, both the Xtoxm and the D3 Panzer votes were fully justified. The reasoning in the vote on Xtoxm is pretty obvious, too, "ACTION!" meaning a pressure to post.

Your points on my Day 1 votes are pretty weak. Activity wasn't at its best, so I think voting ZS for consecutively failing to contribute was pretty much justified; and with the precise time of the deadline being unknown, I think pressuring Panzer into voting was the best thing I could do with my vote at the time of the quoted vote.

What exactly is your point on the popcorn pick issue? That's just BS, and you know it; I had two choices, did you mean to imply that it's incriminating to choose the one who'll actually answer the same week?

I hadn't considered this before, but nothing actually points to farside being
town
, only her role is confirmed, but it's a role that can be found with both alignments. Her night choices weren't really pro-town from my point of view, either, since three nights in a row she blocked claimed investigative roles. I'm pretty confident voting her.

vote: farside
You show nothing in this post that = me as scum
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Korts »

night choices; also, DBE is pretty much confirmed, and you made me realize fuzzy is, too.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: but I'll dig up some dirt for you tomorrow. It's getting very late and I have classes early in the morning.
scumchat never die
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Korts, the only way farside could be the mafia roleblocker is if the roleblocker is able to kill and roleblock in the same night, which I am willing to guess isn't possible in this game, therefore that leaves only you as scum.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

In most games, if all but the roleblocker is killed on the scum team (In my experience) they can assume both roles. Typically its up to the mod though.

I honestly am very divided here....I don't see Spock being vanilla, but the whole River RB by holding down, is still slightly naggy....Still need to re-read on Fuzzy and Korts, been a bit busy this week.

More soon!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Korts »

mod:
could a theoretical mafia RB block and kill the same night?

@DBE, what role could you see Spock being? Honestly, his main trait is that he's really intelligent, which fits with the idea of a vanilla.
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:41 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Korts wrote:
mod:
could a theoretical mafia RB block and kill the same night?
I cannot give a definite answer to that question. It would depend on many different things.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:22 am

Post by farside22 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:In most games, if all but the roleblocker is killed on the scum team (In my experience) they can assume both roles. Typically its up to the mod though.

I honestly am very divided here....I don't see Spock being vanilla, but the whole River RB by holding down, is still slightly naggy....Still need to re-read on Fuzzy and Korts, been a bit busy this week.

More soon!
It's true that some mods have RB who can do both. However I pointed out many things that I believe show Korts as scum. I showed that Grim locked up fuzzy which Korts seemed to miss and then I blocked you which proves you are not the scum. The only conclusion is myself or Korts as scum. Since I know I'm town and I showed inconsitancies from Korts and his wishy washy votes to showing his top 3 list to voting xtoxm. He is innconsistant.
Look at Korts. Look at myself and see what you find.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Korts »

interesting fact: I'm the first to vote farside in the whole game, and fuzzy is the first to vote me outside "random voting stage".

farsides starts Day 1 aggressively, questioning motives, pro-town overall.

ashmite starts the ZS wagon, and farside is the next to hop on. I find that a bit suspicious, considering that ashmite's posts themselves were hardly more than check-in posts at the time.
farside, late Day 1 wrote:Top 2 scum:

1 ZS - I don't feel he is giving anything without using sarcasm to hide behind. When questioned about anything game related he uses the well it's been said already crap that bugs me.
2 Panzerjager - I didn't really like the way Panz jumped on Fuzzylight. I don't know I read him as being jumping.
Note: both of her top suspects are easy wagons (ZS more so).
farside22 wrote:
Korts wrote:
unvote, vote: ZombieSlayer

I wanna lynch before deadline...
I'm in the same boat and alas I'm a bit behind in a few game and with things on my desk. :lol:
Note that at that time, farside has no objections to my "vote-hopping"; she seems to support it.

The pressure on Xtoxm seems overly done; especially Xtoxm's answers make me think this argument was pre-fabricated and made to possibly set up a Xtoxm lynch based on unhelpfulness (he was the goon, and probably the most expendable member of the mafia) or otherwise distance. Xtoxm's answers are strange because I know he usually has some kind of opinion.

Her popcorn pick is Xtoxm, which is at least as suspect as me choosing Grimmy over ashmite.
farside wrote:ashmite84 - I don't feel I have a full read on ashmite. He is posting more then some, but has been absent a lot too. I would like a full analysis from him to get more information from him. So far nothing he stated has stood out or been very strong. Someone to keep my eye on.
Questions: 1) Do you still feel panzer is scummy? 2) Do you think claiming the movie title helps scum or town any more or less and why?
Posting more than some? Lies. Ashmite was the one player with the least amount of posts at that time. While farside pressured Xtoxm for not contributing, and did the same for ZS, she stayed Middle of the Road with ashmite, only "someone to keep her eye on" but not enough to warrant a vote for pressure when she voted ZS and Xtoxm for pretty much the same.
farside, directed at fuzzy wrote:Do you feel that Korts and Rishi were town and town arguing about nothing
Loaded question much?

Ah, yes, and the movie claim itself struck me as odd then. The characters of Serenity are all shades of grey.

Notice how Panz quietly slipped above Xtoxm above farside's scumlist amidst all the shouting at Xtoxm:
farside22 wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:Farside how is voting me scumhunting?
My top 2 scum suspects are you and xtoxm if you read my write up.
With KoC replacing, farside makes a weak jab at him about him voting fuzzy, then quickly concedes her point. In retrospect, I have to say Panzer makes a fair observation about this the following day.
farside22 wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:I voted KoC after he didn't die because I have never seen a game with an NK resistant pro-town character, not saying it has never happened and I will gladly take any proof showing me that it has, and therefore immediately associated it with an SK or Godfather. Maybe it was a little hasty, maybe not, but I can tell you that from this point on I have no powers.
I thought that if someone was one shot and it was blocked they still have that one shot. Am I wrong?
Your right about KOC. The only time I see NK is typically SK roles.
This is a point which she does not admit when Xtoxm raises it; afraid to be in agreement with her scumbuddy?

Sigh. I need to write the minutes of an experiment for tomorrow, so I'll be continuing from here next time.
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

The "oh, right, I have to do a vote count" vote count:

Korts(2): farside22, fuzzylightning
farside22(1): Korts

4 alive, 3 to lynch

Deadline block begins 10/18

fuzzylightning has informed me that he may be V/LA this weekend
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Waiting on Korts to finish. Would like to hear DBE thoughts thus far.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Korts »

Sorry for the hold-up, I have three exams next week, I have to study... I'll get to it tomorrow probably.
scumchat never die
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I really do hate having to be the deciding vote. I've failed both times I have been in this position :P

So I apologize if I am slow (I am in all my games atm) but I will consider this and bring back a post and vote no later than tuesday.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:28 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am now back, and I have seen no reason to change my vote now, so it will stay on Korts.
0-1 as Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:06 am

Post by farside22 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I really do hate having to be the deciding vote. I've failed both times I have been in this position :P

So I apologize if I am slow (I am in all my games atm) but I will consider this and bring back a post and vote no later than tuesday.
Hi wanted to let you know it's tuesday. :P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Korts »

Um, just posting that I have an exam tomorrow at 8 o'clock sharp, and it's 8 PM here, so as much as I'd like to spare an hour for you guys, I'm stuck with studying.

PS. vote farside guise, kthxbai ;)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Korts »

Oh forgot.

Love, with many kisses, Korts
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Korts »

BTW, fuzzy, do you still have your one shot?
scumchat never die
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:56 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I used my shot on Night 2
0-1 as Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Korts »

ok, nevermind then
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Just a reminder that DL block begins in 4 days.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:08 am

Post by Korts »

While I struggle with my RL workload and try to find some time for the full farside analysis, I ask you guys to seriously consider farside's actions, especially her night choices. It doesn't really make much sense from a pro-town view to block Gorrad TWO times in a row, and then block DBE, the other claimed investigative role.
scumchat never die
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:26 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

DBE could you please post with your analysis and a vote please, I have a theory about the deadline and if I am right the deadline will be almost immediately as soon as the block starts so we have at most 5 days before we end the day with no lynch.
0-1 as Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:While I struggle with my RL workload and try to find some time for the full farside analysis, I ask you guys to seriously consider farside's actions, especially her night choices. It doesn't really make much sense from a pro-town view to block Gorrad TWO times in a row, and then block DBE, the other claimed investigative role.
I explained my actions if you look back. I blocked Gorrad because I never trusted him. The second time I blocked him was because he talked about the fake claim for KOC and I didn't believe him when he stated he forgot about it. I thought I detected him bussing his scum partner. As for DBE. I was suspicious of Grim and her at the end of the day. When Grim came up town I blocked DBE thinking that I would be preventing a scum kill.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”