Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 am

Post by raider8169 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Raider

Getting kinda bored of today. Netlava is obviously a bad lynch, but i guess the wagon itself has reaped something. Nonetheless, i think we are dragging things out a little...

BM
So, I gotta ask. Why are you voting me?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Raider

Getting kinda bored of today. Netlava is obviously a bad lynch, but i guess the wagon itself has reaped something. Nonetheless, i think we are dragging things out a little...

BM
FoS: Battle Mage
for weak justification of a vote.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Cream147 »

raider8169 wrote:If you recall when I said I dont see the case. That means I didnt understand was the fuss was about. It was explained and then I agreed with it. Not seeing a case one someone means just that. If I didnt agree with the case I would have said I dont agree with it. Just because I didnt catch on as fast as other people did means nothing.
It really does not look like that to me. I don't know anyone who dismisses cases that they don't understand as not 'real'. I myself, dismiss cases which I think have poor justification as not real. And speaking of poor justification!
BM wrote:Unvote, Vote: Raider

BM
Am I to understand that you voted Raider because you were bored? Interesting reasoning. Also, people have criticised me for a lack of reasoning whilst defending Netlava, but come on! Saying it's 'obvious' is just an easy way out. 7 people clearly disagree with you, so you might want to think about expanding on that as well.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 am

Post by raider8169 »

Cream147 wrote:
raider8169 wrote:If you recall when I said I dont see the case. That means I didnt understand was the fuss was about. It was explained and then I agreed with it. Not seeing a case one someone means just that. If I didnt agree with the case I would have said I dont agree with it. Just because I didnt catch on as fast as other people did means nothing.
It really does not look like that to me. I don't know anyone who dismisses cases that they don't understand as not 'real'. I myself, dismiss cases which I think have poor justification as not real. And speaking of poor justification!
This is a good point. All I can really say is that my intention behind it was that I did not see the case. For me not seeing the case makes the case not real but that how I look at it. I can understand how someone else can see that and think I mean that there is no case. They are 2 different things and can be interperated 2 different ways. Unless that is just my way of looking at it.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Two points of interest:

- Raider's either lying or he simply misspoke. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but given his rather dodgy behaviour already it isn't a mark in his favour.
- Interesting that BM should throw a vote on someone who at that time didn't have any with the reasoning of becoming bored with the day (something I do agree with actually).
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh, one other thing about raider. If he did indeed misspeak, it would have been smarter of him to simply come clean and admit it right off the bat. By flatout denying it he's dug himself into a hole from which the only possible escape is trying to HUGELY twist his words. Something that isn't at all believable, I'm afraid.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:57 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Twelve of Day Two

(7) Netlava: hasdgfas, Cyberbob, EGL, armlx, Sineish, BlakAdder, raider8169
(4) Cass: Netlava, Lowell, Cephrir, Tom Mason
(1) armlx: Skruffs
(1) BlakAdder: Cass
(1) Skruffs: Korts
(1) Korts: StrangerCoug
(1) raider8169: Battle Mage

(8) Not Voting: slanton2, Rich, Cream147, Citizen Karne, MafiaMann, killa seven, Surye, The Only Ryan

With 24 alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch!

Last Post Count Twelve of Day Two

Key:
Green - posted in last 24 hours
Blue - posted in last 48 hours
Olive - Posted in last 72 hours
Red - Posted more than 72 hours ago, prodded
Dark Red - Requiring Replacement
Dark Blue - Vacation/Limited Access

armlx

Cream147

raider8169

Surye

Tom Mason

Battle Mage

StrangerCoug

Cyberbob

Rich

hasdgfas

Korts

Cephrir

Sineish

Cass

EGL

slanton2

killa seven

The Only Ryan

Skruffs

BlakAdder

Citizen Karne

Lowell

Netlava

MafiaMann

Prodding Netlava.
Dundren has not responded to a PM, so Knight of Cydonia may replace MafiaMann.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:04 am

Post by armlx »

Raider, your not seeing the case statement was AFTER the major scummy post netlava made, am I right?

If I am mistaken, please correct me.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:19 am

Post by raider8169 »

armlx wrote:Raider, your not seeing the case statement was AFTER the major scummy post netlava made, am I right?

If I am mistaken, please correct me.
The scummy statement is what I am talking about. I didnt see it as scummy until someone explained it. Netlava makes those types of posts all the time so I didnt look into it as much as I should have.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:27 am

Post by raider8169 »

Cyberbob wrote:Oh, one other thing about raider. If he did indeed misspeak, it would have been smarter of him to simply come clean and admit it right off the bat. By flatout denying it he's dug himself into a hole from which the only possible escape is trying to HUGELY twist his words. Something that isn't at all believable, I'm afraid.
I didnt misspeak. It was what I meant to say only it is interpreted differently then what it was meant to be.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Cyberbob »

raider8169 wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:Oh, one other thing about raider. If he did indeed misspeak, it would have been smarter of him to simply come clean and admit it right off the bat. By flatout denying it he's dug himself into a hole from which the only possible escape is trying to HUGELY twist his words. Something that isn't at all believable, I'm afraid.
I didnt misspeak. It was what I meant to say only it is interpreted differently then what it was meant to be.
You obviously didn't read my post properly. You missed this bit:
Cyberbob wrote:By flatout denying it he's dug himself into a hole from which the only possible escape is trying to HUGELY twist his words. Something that isn't at all believable, I'm afraid.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:57 am

Post by raider8169 »

Cyberbob wrote:You obviously didn't read my post properly. You missed this bit:
Cyberbob wrote:By flatout denying it he's dug himself into a hole from which the only possible escape is trying to HUGELY twist his words. Something that isn't at all believable, I'm afraid.
I saw it. Doesnt change what happened though. You can always make up a clause saying if I do this it is not believable. If you choose not to believe it that is up to you. Just dont try to pawn it off as bad play on my part when instead of asking for clarification you assume the worse.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

This.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Netlava »

Well, I'll look in depth into the raider case when I have time, but I don't recall finding anything particularly scummy about him, aside from the long time he took to read the thread.
Cass wrote:...so I dislike Cephrir making it look as if this is a dilemma. I really hope it isn't.
This statement sort of stuck out to me. What do you mean when you say you hope it isn't a dilemma?
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by EGL »

Sorry I was without internet access for a couple days. Still trying to catch up with my reading. If someone could direct me to this "scummy post" Netlava made that would be great. For now I'm unvoting though.

unvote

And I think Tom Mason has a decent enough case against Cass. I'm going to try to do some isolated reads of a few people.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EGL wrote:Sorry I was without internet access for a couple days.
I forgot you were playing xD
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by EGL »

Haha. Normally I'm a lot like (BM*armlx)^2. I just need to catch up on what's going on.

Where I'm at now is like, just after the pact stuff I think from the pregame. I wasn't too enthused about the pact but I think someone pointed out during the pregame it's scummier to follow a bad idea than to have one. Early in the game it seemed as though Cass was defending BM, at least when Coug put the vote on him. I still think BM is a hilarious nickname.

I just need to do some more reading is all.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by EGL »

UPDATE

Having read through a page of Cass I no longer feel that she was defending BM very much since she did end up questioning him a bit. I do feel the following things though:

- The play of my predecessor this game could have been better

- My predecessor WAS justified in voting for someone for flip-flopping (even on day one since several people had pointed out that there was enough content in the pregame and even gotten on someone who came in late for random voting) even though flip-flops on day one are the NORM.

- Cass claimed that all cases going were flimsy and criticised my predecessor (even putting a vote on him) for what she called a flimsy case, which was probably the best case he had to date. (Nhat, my predecessor, voting for Untitled due to the use of the word "our" was pretty stupid, IMO). Of course, this means that her case against Nhat was flimsy, but she supported it.

- She went on to criticise someone else (I made it a point to look at the name and in typing this have forgotten it - go me) for flip-flopping his or her votes much like my predecessor had done in voting for whomever it was my predecessor made the same case against.

Some of Cass's stuff seems a bit hypocritical. She does seem like she tosses votes around a lot and such. Sometimes she pushes bandwagons she's not even technically on yet (with a vote, I mean).

I still need to read through the other two pages of her posts, though, and then read the posts of some others before I'm confident enough to place an actual lynch vote (because my votes generally do imply an intent to lynch).

Of course, reading through HER posts, I found what got the Netlava bandwagon going and I DO find that scummy that he'd say he supports lynching non-scum players for the sake of a lynch, but that's just me and arguing against that has actually gotten ME lynched on D1 here before. Where I'm at right now is this:

FoS: Cass, Netlava
although not both together as they don't seem a likely scumpair to me.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
The Only Ryan
The Only Ryan
Townie
The Only Ryan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by The Only Ryan »

/confirm.
[/R]
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

HERE! Sorry for the lack of posting. Still catching up.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Also, I think Korts' self-hammer anger is a town-tell.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by EGL »

I thought self-hammering was banned on this website and I also still haven't gotten to what you're talking about yet with Korts, so I guess that's in my catching up.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

It isn't banned, only seen as usually being rather detrimental to the town.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by EGL »

You can get your IC status stripped for it.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by killa seven »

thoughts coming.
Show
Games Won..