Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I don't like Grimmy agreeing with me for the wrong reasons. You don't vote someone for scum just because he's being an ass(or pissy in your words). It's because his reactions have been overblown and his defense is basically 'duh I'm town stupid' is why I suspect him. Town should be able to do better than that.

FoS: Grimmy

Also

FoS: CP

for defending Tajo for the same wrong reasons. You said it was weird and rare for scum to get the townie win condition, yet Tony and Tajo placed that as a viable option. That's ridiculous. Also, how does Grimmy agreeing with me without me ever agreeing with anything Grimmy said in the entire game link us as scum partners? That's a bad strawman there.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Grimmy wrote:Another suspect: Tony Montana.
you seem to be defending Tajo a little TOO much.
-if he flips town, you feel it will clear you as you attached yourself to him with your defense of him.
-If he flips scum, and you are his scum buddy, people will think that you made the mistake of buddying to scum and got fooled. This provides cover for you (I beleive someone put together a "if tajo is scum, then tony is town" arguement earlier)
So basically, you are using wifom to turn both of tajo's hypothetical flips into scumtells for me?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Muerrto »

TonyMontana wrote:
Grimmy wrote:Another suspect: Tony Montana.
you seem to be defending Tajo a little TOO much.
-if he flips town, you feel it will clear you as you attached yourself to him with your defense of him.
-If he flips scum, and you are his scum buddy, people will think that you made the mistake of buddying to scum and got fooled. This provides cover for you (I beleive someone put together a "if tajo is scum, then tony is town" arguement earlier)
So basically, you are using wifom to turn both of tajo's hypothetical flips into scumtells for me?
Is that anything similar to you using WIFOM to saying because tajo said he's town(by 'quoting' his PM) that he's town and since I disagree I'm scum?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Muerrto wrote:Is that anything similar to you using WIFOM to saying because tajo said he's town(by 'quoting' his PM) that he's town and since I disagree I'm scum?
No. Not similar at all.
Upcoming
Mini
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:21 am

Post by competentpsycho »

Muerrto wrote:You don't vote someone for scum just because he's being an ass(or pissy in your words).
I agree
Muerrto wrote:for defending Tajo for the same wrong reasons. You said it was weird and rare for scum to get the townie win condition, yet Tony and Tajo placed that as a viable option. That's ridiculous.
I dont understand your argument here. When did Tony or Tajo say that was a viable option? Are you making stuff up or did I just miss it? Why would they even say that as it would weaken their case as being town because of that win condition?
Muerrto wrote:Also, how does Grimmy agreeing with me without me ever agreeing with anything Grimmy said in the entire game link us as scum partners? That's a bad strawman there.
I never LINKED you two or said I did. I said you were both scummy, yes, but from completely separate instances. You seem to be REALLY defensive when someone mentions your name near some one else's name in their post. I have seen no specific actions to link you two together, I just think you both are a little scummy. This kind of overblown reaction is one reason my vote is on you. You are the one strawmanning here, saying that I am trying to link you (and that tajo tried to link you/Ergo). Stop making shit up man.
Muerrto wrote:Is that anything similar to you using WIFOM to saying because tajo said he's town(by 'quoting' his PM) that he's town and since I disagree I'm scum?
Here you go strawmanning again. Find the post for me that says Tony thinks you are scum because you disagree that tajo is town. If you are gonna make accusations like this, use QUOTES. Or at least a link to the post.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Grimmy »

note:
Im out until monday or tuesday. (Monday will be backed up due to early leaving today and im unavailable for weekends)

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Muerrto »

TonyMontana wrote:
No. Not similar at all.
Can you post your case on me then?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Muerrto »

competentpsycho wrote:hmmm... my vote stays with Muerrto for now, but its getting close. I'm thinking both he and Grim are probably scum.
How does this not link us?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Battousai »

Hmm, no one seems to have picked up on me asking for the day to come to a close. So, I saw we lynch Tony today, and see what info we can get from that, the NK, and the outcome of tajo's claim.

Right now, it seems that the consensus is that we all want Tony, Tajo, or Muerrto (possible Ergo, Grimmy as well) lynched the most. I suggest that we compare the three people's cases. I know this narrows the choices, but I feel this type of strategy of comparing cases is best in order to have a better chance of lynching scum. Opinions?
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:31 pm

Muerrto wrote:Also, how does Grimmy agreeing with me without me ever agreeing with anything Grimmy said in the entire game link us as scum partners?
Muerrto wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:hmmm... my vote stays with Muerrto for now, but its getting close. I'm thinking both he and Grim are probably scum.
How does this not link us?
It links you in the sense that I said you both were scummy for your own reasons. But as you can see by the first quote you accused me of linking you for Grimmy agreeing with you. I am pretty sure making someone's argument out to be something that it is not in order to defeat it is the textbook definition of a Strawman, and a fairly good scumtell in my book.

Also,
populartajo wrote:
Wheres Muerrto and Ergo?
Mod: Prod them.
How did this link you two? I have never seen anyone suspect two people of being scumpartners from being away from the thread for a while at the same time. Yes you posted right before him, but only by 2 minutes and his post was extremely long, so I can easily see how he didn't see it. Your post before that was over 1.5 days before, and seeing as how you were posting fairly often right before that, I could see it, not agree with it, but see where he was coming from.

@Batt - I think the longer we go the more information we will get, but it will also cause people to lose interest in the game. I just came in so I am not burned out on D1, but I will agree if the people that have been in this game from early on want to end the day. I would say wait until Voodoo gets replaced, but I don't know how long that is going to take.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:25 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

CP wrote:@Batt - I think the longer we go the more information we will get, but it will also cause people to lose interest in the game. I just came in so I am not burned out on D1, but I will agree if the people that have been in this game from early on want to end the day. I would say wait until Voodoo gets replaced, but I don't know how long that is going to take.
This. Seeing as how this game is starting to a lag a bit, I wouldn't mind speeding it up a bit [not so fast that we just lynch anybody to end the day]. Still, hopefully we get a Voodoo replacement but it took awhile to get one for nhat...
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:06 am

Post by populartajo »

I refuse to end this day until
a) A replacement has been gound.
b) Muerrto does a player by player analysis.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:28 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Equations At the Moment:

populartajo = +fuzzylightning+Muerrto+Falcone+Grimmy = 4
Muerrto = +populartajo+TonyMontana+competentpsycho = 3
Grimmy = +Vivian Darkblaam+Voodo-Grimmy = 1
Falcone = +Erg0 = 1
TonyMontana = -TonyMontana+Battousai+ShadowGirl = 1
Erg0 = = 0
Vivian Darkblaam = = 0
Voodo = = 0
Battousai = = 0
fuzzylightning = = 0
ShadowGirl = = 0
competentpsycho = = 0
Jimmybot = -Vivian Darkblaam-Erg0-ShadowGirl-competentpsycho = -4

Not Voting = -Falcone-Muerrto-populartajo-Voodo-Battousai-fuzzylightning = -6

FoS Count:

Falcone has pointed two fingers of suspicion at TonyMontana!
Battousai has pointed a finger of suspicion at Timeater!
Falcone has pointed a finger of suspicion at Battousai!
Battousai has pointed a finger of suspicion at TonyMontana!
Battousai has pointed a finger of suspicion at Voodo!
Falcone has pointed a finger of suspicion at populartajo!
Muerrto has pointed a finger of suspicion at TonyMontana!
Muerrto has pointed a finger of suspicion at competentpsycho!
Muerrto has pointed a finger of suspicion at Grimmy!

Note: The win condition may not be the same for all players and/or factions.
Last edited by skitzer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:38 am

Oh, yeah and we still need to negative lynch Jimmybot. Almost forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder with the votecount, skitz.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Muerrto »

competentpsycho wrote:I have never seen anyone suspect two people of being scumpartners from being away from the thread for a while at the same time. Yes you posted right before him, but only by 2 minutes and his post was extremely long, so I can easily see how he didn't see it. Your post before that was over 1.5 days before, and seeing as how you were posting fairly often right before that, I could see it, not agree with it, but see where he was coming from.
My post before that was less than 24 hours before and it was over the weekend. In addition there were others that it had been longer since they posted that he didn't call out. Can you explain that?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:56 am

Post by populartajo »

Im glad someone finally reads my posts.
@Muerto
I already admitted that modprod was a mistake.
Now, stop evading the question. Why the hell did you vote me in that post?
An when are you going to do that PBPA?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:41 am

Muerrto wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:I have never seen anyone suspect two people of being scumpartners from being away from the thread for a while at the same time. Yes you posted right before him, but only by 2 minutes and his post was extremely long, so I can easily see how he didn't see it. Your post before that was over 1.5 days before, and seeing as how you were posting fairly often right before that, I could see it, not agree with it, but see where he was coming from.
My post before that was less than 24 hours before and it was over the weekend. In addition there were others that it had been longer since they posted that he didn't call out. Can you explain that?
Other than being a mistake, no. Perhaps a mistake like the <24 hours. His
where he asked for the prod was at Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:11 am. You had the one 2 minutes prior. The
one
before that was at Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 am. (times are in central us time I believe - haven't changed my forum settings from home) Now, yes I missed this one last time I looked, but this time I checked closely. That is over 24 in fact over 27. Proof
here
where you can see you actually made no posts on the site within 27 hours before. See, this goes to show you that everyone - you, me, and even populartajo included, can make mistakes.

Sooo... look who is avoiding questions now. I will post it again to make it clear that I would like an answer as would some other people I am sure:
competentpsycho wrote:
populartajo wrote:Wheres Muerrto and Ergo?
Mod: Prod them.
How did this link you two?
I guess I could make it more clear: how did it link you other than being in the same line? He was not saying you were scum buddies, he wasn't even saying you were scummy at this point. So how did you construe this as him trying to link you, feeling sure enough he was to vote on him?

(Oh, crap I added a question... that means I am expecting two (2) answers)
populartajo wrote:Im glad someone finally reads my posts.
An advantage to joining the game late: I read that post of yours less than a week ago so this stuff was still fresh in my mind. I don't see why anyone else doesn't see this though.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:37 am

Thought I included this in the last post but guess not:
populartajo wrote:An when are you going to do that PBPA?
He never said he was going to, and I don't think you ever asked him to, let alone nicely. You just said you refuse to end the day until he does, then rudely ask him when he is going to do it. Maybe if you were a little more polite about things people might just listen to what you have to say.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Mm, Tajo, when did you ask Muerrto to make a PBA?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Falcone »

Negative vote: JimmyBot

I have to say I'm slowly losing intrest in this game. This day should end pretty soon.

Since no one has responded to my question about the win conditions, I'm going to assume that all protown players have the same win condition.

I'm fine with lynching any of the following players: populartajo, TonyMontana, Grimmy, Battousai, Muerrto.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:08 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

You didn't bold the vote, Falcone. <3
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Muerrto »

Will try and post either tonight, tomorrow night(both football) or tuesday more likely. PBPA proably isn't happening at 18 pages. And before anyone talks aout lurking please notice I made this exact same post in another of my games. Sorry NFL > mafia.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

ShadowGirl wrote:Mm, Tajo, when did you ask Muerrto to make a PBA?
I don't know as if he did, but I did ask him for a succicnt, coherent summary of his case on tajo which I still would like very much to see.

I'm a long day guy(gal), so I can probably keep trucking along for however long it takes us to come to a decision.

Muerrto and tajo need to chill. If they're both townies, all the ad hominem they're throwing around is just perpetuating and entrenching a debate that doesn't have to be happening. They have to realize that we, as the rest of the town, don't feel like wading through personal attacks, and it's much harder to join the conversation and make a decision when all posting is directed to an individual rather than to the town. We really need both of them to make clear, well-thought-out posts so we can decide (at least) what each suspects the other of.

I think the number of people who have come to discount tajo's claim is curious. No, it is not easy to guess the townie win condition. There are several options to choose from, and you often can't just "reverse" the win condition given to another faction in order to find it out. Either tajo is very gutsy and lucky, he was given the town win-condition, or he is telling the truth. To my mind, the third item trumps the others by a margin wide enough to leave tajo be for at least today.

Muerrto's 425 is a bit of an interesting read. First he FOS's Grimmy for
attacking
tajo for the wrong reasons. Then he FOS's CP for
defending
tajo for the wrong reasons. Taken in the way that potentially makes the most sense, this is still saying that Grimmy is bussing (on the third vote of the wagon). Do you have anything to say to this Muerrto?
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Muerrto wrote:for defending Tajo for the same wrong reasons. You said it was weird and rare for scum to get the townie win condition, yet Tony and Tajo placed that as a viable option. That's ridiculous.
I have never said that was a viable option. I have never heard of this occurring before, and I think it's even more rare than the win condition is.
Upcoming
Mini
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Grimmy »

unvote negative vote

Im curious at to where this could lead

negative vote: jimmybot

Also, one of the votes has not been counted for tajo, as there are four names but a three next to the vote count. Mistake or something else (zero voter, vote moved, etc.)

just a quick post befor egetting back to rl drama

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”