Newbie 647 - Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Suffer the law
Suffer the law
Townie
Suffer the law
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Suffer the law »

I think that it makes no sense even if Vir you know that you'd be rb's or dead that you would look up jahudo, it just seems to me you would follow your own scum pattern, research the scummiest so that you would know whether your ideas are valid or not.
This is especially true since your last supposed search on LG was b/c,
"The only factor in the decision to investigate Lord Gurgi was that I thought he was scum." post 302

I think that option B would be a good play especially in a game with a lot of newbies who would expect more basic play (out of a cop) which would make it more excusable and justifiable for a cop to claim before finding out anything too useful.

In addition, i think that jahudo, eek and myself at least are surviving townies due to J and E's statements that this seems like a scum ploy, and batts claim of a block on J that seemed to have been successful the first night.

eek, "I just feel it's safer to assume that one of the claimers is lying than to directly assume that you both are telling the truth." (If he still feels this way, we know batt wasn't lying so that leaves Vir. )

I agree with the idea that it would be strange for Vir to call out a fellow scum (in LG) when he made his claim, it would make more sense to claim someone who is town so that they can vehemetly support his assertion. With that said i think LG is most likely clean, Vir is scum, and so is either kahujo or serous.

o and also, it seems strange that in post 288 vir was called out by batt and then in 289, he immediatly claims to defer judgment and keep him in another day without answering too many q's.

Vote: Vir
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Suffer the law wrote:In addition, i think that jahudo, eek and myself at least are surviving townies due to J and E's statements that this seems like a scum ploy, and batts claim of a block on J that seemed to have been successful the first night.
I think this is about the weakest reasoning I've seen used in a long time. Scum can't call something a scum ploy? Don't clear Jahudo and Eek so quickly.
Suffer the law
Suffer the law
Townie
Suffer the law
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Suffer the law »

well i'm all ears/eyes for a better reasoning, would you mind trying to lynch someone and include reasoning?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Suffer the law wrote: In addition, i think that jahudo, eek and myself at least are surviving townies due to J and E's statements that this seems like a scum ploy
Then who is the scum partner if you think Vir is scum?
Suffer the law wrote:and batts claim of a block on J that seemed to have been successful the first night.
There's no way to be sure he was blocked. Either you believe he was, or you believe your two scum suspects were inactive between late Sept. 4 and Sept. 8. Does anyone have a firm belief on this either way?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Jahudo wrote:
Suffer the law wrote:and batts claim of a block on J that seemed to have been successful the first night.
There's no way to be sure he was blocked. Either you believe he was, or you believe your two scum suspects were inactive between late Sept. 4 and Sept. 8. Does anyone have a firm belief on this either way?
At the time, I believed very strongly that scum was inactive.
Suffer the law
Suffer the law
Townie
Suffer the law
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Suffer the law »

i would like to hold off on FoSing another scum partner until i hear more than the 3 of us talking. Right now we can easily be chasing our own tails as it seems like you 2 have done for most of this game. It'd be a shitty ploy for scum just not to participate but that could also be a plan to let us chase our own tails. Once we start hearing from others hopefully there'll be something else to go on. of course the way this game has gone (after reading the entire game) is that it prob will be the three of us talking w/ another person making a one line statement here or there that doesn't help us.

I guess my only q for you two is would you rather lynch someone that's talking and giving off scum vibes, or would you rather lynch someone that hasnt said a word? I would norm have trouble with lynching someone who hasnt said a word but now were at day 3 and this games been goin on for months and so far the talkers have been lynched while others don't even vote or participate. so im kinda hung on that, i dont know if its better to lynch someone who may be town and just doesnt speak or anoter malyss, someone who's aided the hunt but seemed scummy due to lack of other options
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Vir4030 »

This is the same argument that I had with Malyss, that we were chasing our tails, and she turned out to be Town.

I find you too suspicious at the moment to have the same reaction, Suffer. I do appreciate the thought, though.
Suffer the law
Suffer the law
Townie
Suffer the law
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Suffer the law »

is there some q's i could answer to help alleviate your worries about my townyness? or is it just a gut feeling, I know i've only been here briefly, so im not sure if its something i or my predecessors have done to give you this feeling
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Suffer the law wrote:so far the talkers have been lynched while others don't even vote or participate.
Day 1 we lynched Xolani, who only had a few posts in this game that were spaced out 1 post per week. So we have lynched one no-talker town and one very active town.
Suffer the law wrote:i would like to hold off on FoSing another scum partner until i hear more than the 3 of us talking.
I would like to hear much more from LG. He's the IC and practically a confirmed townie in my mind. But I think we should ALL go back to Days 1 and 2 to see if there's ANYTHING we missed.

The Xolani lynch had these votes: Mark(now Eek), Malyss, Jahudo, Kahujo(now Serous), and Vir
The Malyss lynch had these votes: LG, Batt, Vir, and Jahudo.

Since Vir and I are 0-2 on lynches, this is one thing to look at. Others are, "Who supported the lynches but didn't vote", "who didn't support the lynches but didn't try and stop them", "has backtracked on opinions of suspects without reliable cause", etc.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well my views are that Eek and Serous need prodding.

Quick thoughts:

Suffer the Law: Heavy on theory, less on knowing what has happened in the game.

Jahudo: Pretty Townish

Vir4030: Likes to shoot things down, doesn't come up with much original stuff.

Eek: Who?

Serous: This guy was a tiger, right?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Lord Gurgi wrote: Eek: Who?
Can we talk about Kairio again too? I still haven't been convinced how he wasn't scummy.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Jahudo wrote: The Xolani lynch had these votes: Mark(now Eek), Malyss, Jahudo, Kahujo(now Serous), and Vir
The Malyss lynch had these votes: LG, Batt, Vir, and Jahudo.
Worth noting that Suffer the law *tried* to vote for Malyss, but didn't bold the vote. (#403)
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Jahudo wrote: Night 1 started Sept 4, 10:41 pm EDT and ended Sept 8 1:01 am EDT.
-Vir, Netman(Suffer), Mark(Eek), and Kahujo(Serous) all posted on Sept 3
-Vir, Netman(Suffer), and Kahujo(Serous) all posted on Sept 8

Vir: Even though you'd be scum in this scenario, do you think the scenario is plausible and logical? More or less than other possibilities?
Like I said, I really thought scum was inactive. I've seen nothing that would make me think otherwise since then. That could make it Mark(Eek) or you, Jahudo.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Prodding My Milked Eek & Serous
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Jahudo wrote:Eek, Serous and Suffer all have shown little of themselves. They need to be bigger players today or we will have only as good as a random chance of catching scum. But I am positive at least 1 scum is in this group. My gut is still leaning towards Eek. It should also be worth looking at their predecessors interactions with each other. Kairio and Katie, Brandi and SAO, etc.
My sincerest apologies and you are correct about needing to be here more. So here I am, picking up activity and to try to post at least once a day.

[quote<"Jahudo"]Eek: Are you still around?[/quote]
Yes, tests got the better of me the past week, but I'm here.
I was also too preoccupied configuring my new pc to my needs.

STL wrote:eek, "I just feel it's safer to assume that one of the claimers is lying than to directly assume that you both are telling the truth." (If he still feels this way, we know batt wasn't lying so that leaves Vir. )
I still feel this way. It's rather obvious for Vir to claim he was RB'd. However, aside from me feeling this way, there is still a possibility of him being RB'd, but my gut is telling me otherwise.
LG wrote:Eek: Who?
You're cute.

Sad thruth, but still...

Jahudo wrote:Others are, "Who supported the lynches but didn't vote", "who didn't support the lynches but didn't try and stop them", "has backtracked on opinions of suspects without reliable cause", etc.
Throwing out there that trying to give meaning to the nightkills (or attempts at) and their related players greatly helped me in previous games, even as far as winning the game for me.

I'd answer that myself, as i know the q is coming (the q being; what do you interprete from the nightkills), but I'll have to postpone until tomorrow. I'm at my girlfriend's and I want to do other stuff than posting (too) long posts.
Eek
!
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Jahudo »

Hello
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

How was your day?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Jahudo »

Work free. So this game started three months ago today. I tried to re-read but just got frustrated with where we're at. :|
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I can imagine, I think it's stalling because we have a large number of barely or inactive people.
Suffer the law
Suffer the law
Townie
Suffer the law
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Suffer the law »

i'm here but left some of my notes at the other house im living at, i'll have more substance for posting on late mon/tues, just checkin in
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 am

Post by MeMe »

charter replaces the non-responsive Serous, effective immediately.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi Charter!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:52 am

Post by charter »

Hello, first things first.
unvote, vote LG

Obvscum
unvote

I'll read up the thread and post my opinions later today when I get a large chunk of time.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Summary of important facts: I was investigated as innocent by Vir4030, Jahudo was protected the N1 by the now dead doc. Vir was blocked last night, and Batt (Doc was killed). We lynched Xolani (Lurkerlynch) and then Malyss (Scummy), but none of them were town.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”