Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Galron »

And you were scum there. So I don't even know anymore.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Galron »

So really nevermind.
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Child of Fairies »

Just gonna claim now. I'm poisoned, I die at the end of night 3.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 477, Child of Fairies wrote:Just gonna claim now. I'm poisoned, I die at the end of night 3.
do you know of any way to prevent this?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Galron »

UNVOTE:

I have reason to believe this.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

GuiltyLions your stances surrounding scum reads on DC feel weird to me.

He is your number one top town read, but I still don't know why other then "he seems genuine" but that is apparently enough for you to come out and hard defend him, and even go so far as to scum read people for having a scum read on them. But I am not seeing the work that got you there. What has DV done that not just makes you think he is town, but to think that no town players would be scum reading him right now? Because that is the stance it feels like you are taking.

To be drop a tldr on my thoughts on dv, their reasoning for scum reading COF early on seemed fake and forced. Their interactions with me regarding Marci did not look like someone sorting the player. And then their defense when put under a little pressure looks horrible imo

And those are like The Things I'm looking for day 1, so unless something New and Exciting happens, they are BY FAR my preferred vote for the day.

Pedit: did you start poisoned in your role pm, or did you just become poisoned?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

If that was your original role, that seems a bit shitty :(
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 480, Lukewarm wrote:He is your number one top town read, but I still don't know why other then "he seems genuine" but that is apparently enough for you to come out and hard defend him, and even go so far as to scum read people for having a scum read on them. But I am not seeing the work that got you there. What has DV done that not just makes you think he is town, but to think that no town players would be scum reading him right now? Because that is the stance it feels like you are taking.
Again here you are trying to misrep me by turning my points into ridiculously generalized claims that I never made. The last two sentences of your post are absurd. Not even 5 posts ago in my ISO, , I was explaining to you how I could imagine how Bowser Jr could scumread DV and still be town.

I have been repeatedly trying to engage with you why I see his posts as genuine and your interpretations as uncharitable. You just don't want to listen, and you're making that clear
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 482, GuiltyLion wrote:Again here you are trying to misrep me by turning my points into ridiculously generalized claims that I never made. The last two sentences of your post are absurd. Not even 5 posts ago in my ISO, 421, I was explaining to you how I could imagine how Bowser Jr could scumread DV and still be town.
to add to this, it is the way
you in particular
are scumreading DV that I take issues with, your reasons and your projected confidence in them. That does that mean "no town player could scumread DV"
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Child of Fairies »

Unfortunately, I started poisoned, and my role pm gives zero indication that my death is preventable. Or at least, there's nothing in my role pm that would prevent it or says that it won't happen.
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Tamora's Angel »

In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:If that was your original role, that seems a bit shitty :(
+1
May the Goddess of Honesty, Truth, Law and Expression guide your path.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 466, GuiltyLion wrote:This bit specifically:
DeasVail wrote: I don't townread the slot, but I don't need to townread the slot to disagree with your reasons for scumreading them
Do you disagree with this? Did this help you understand why town!DV might write a post like 209? You didn't respond to it and still haven't even when breaking down this post. You say you didn't feel DV was trying to sort you, but it looks quite a lot to me like he was.
Luke you also ignored this and I don't remember you ignoring engagement like this from our last game together - might be just a function of your V/LA, but this was a real question I wanted to hear an answer to
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think I buy the claim

VOTE: Skybird
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 483, GuiltyLion wrote:your projected confidence in them
huh... maybe you are just reading me as more confident then I actually am.

I am at "those combination of things that pinged me make DV my biggest day 1 / page 20 scum read," so that is where my vote is.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 486, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 466, GuiltyLion wrote:This bit specifically:
DeasVail wrote: I don't townread the slot, but I don't need to townread the slot to disagree with your reasons for scumreading them
Do you disagree with this? Did this help you understand why town!DV might write a post like 209? You didn't respond to it and still haven't even when breaking down this post. You say you didn't feel DV was trying to sort you, but it looks quite a lot to me like he was.
Luke you also ignored this and I don't remember you ignoring engagement like this from our last game together - might be just a function of your V/LA, but this was a real question I wanted to hear an answer to
To be frank, that point by DV and your follow up point feel alienated from what has been bothering me about DV.

To answer the questions asked of me:
No, I do not disagree with that sentence, but I am not sure what part of that sentence is even supposed to sway my read on them since it is not rooted in the same thing that bothered me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Idk that I'm convinced by the claim but I might be willing to wait and see what happens night 3
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

GL, you keep saying that you are trying to genuinely engage with me, but it feels like you are approaching me specifically with the goal of getting me to change my mind. I feel like I have pretty clearly outlined what pinged me about their posts, and you are just coming back with "well, it is possible for those posts to come from town too," but it is pretty rare to look at a post and say "that would actually never come from town ever."

And like, who do you even want me to pivot towards? To be real, the easiest way to get my vote to move is to find something scummier and point at it loudly., but I am not getting that.

I feel like you just keep repeatedly telling me that there is a town way to read their posts, and then slowly dropping your read on me because that does not change my read. But, I never said that there was zero chance that town wrote those posts. I said that I find it more likely that a scum mindset leads to those posts then a town mindset.

And I really really can't tell if this is Scum!you trying to push people away from a partner or if you really go this hard to defend a town read day 1 like this or if you are actually informed that DV is town in some way, and that knowledge is keeping you from even considering the things that worry me about DV
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 486, GuiltyLion wrote:might be just a function of your V/LA
My V/LA does not actually start until tomorrow, this was a normal, run of the meal day for Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I am actually mortified that I typed "run of the meal" instead of "run of the mill"

like... :dead: :dead: :dead:
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 447, Icebox wrote:379 gives me hives.

Also, Wis. Are you okay? I don't think I've ever seen you this inactive as either alignment before. Have you really not found anything to latch onto?

-Bell
Yep
Youll know it when i do
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 477, Child of Fairies wrote:Just gonna claim now. I'm poisoned, I die at the end of night 3.
Flavor?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 413, Off The Hook wrote:explain on the lukewarm bit bestie
I don't think I actually saw this when I made (I forget), but like I said there, I just get this overwhelming sense that Lukewarm seriously thinks I'm scum. I think he legitimately does not understand why I would be playing the way I am playing as town and he seems legitimately bothered that some people are reading me as town. It could be an amazing performance as scum to fake that but I'm just not seeing it right now?
In post 482, GuiltyLion wrote:I have been repeatedly trying to engage with you why I see his posts as genuine and your interpretations as uncharitable. You just don't want to listen, and you're making that clear
I agree, but I think it means Lukewarm-town

--

VOTE: Cephrir

This was going to be a naked vote, but now it isn't.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 484, Child of Fairies wrote:Unfortunately, I started poisoned, and my role pm gives zero indication that my death is preventable. Or at least, there's nothing in my role pm that would prevent it or says that it won't happen.
This is a bummer, man.

But I kinda doubt that a n3 death is unavoidable. My role pm says there are things about my role I may not know yet and I think it's a safe bet others have the same. Also the setup says there may be buyable items available with our gold coins. If there's a poisoned character, I'd bet my left buttock there's a cure out there somewhere.

And I buy the claim but I don't assume it townlocks CoF. Scum could just as easily have a "handicap" in this setup.

Still, for now, UNVOTE:
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 am

Post by Pavowski »

Also re: the poison
In post 479, Galron wrote:UNVOTE:

I have reason to believe this.
So I think there's reason to believe you *could* be saved
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

blessed fig's end
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”