Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:57 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 234, floatingmay wrote:
In post 229, DkKoba wrote:i will ask you first for an explaination why they are scum then because i dont believe that :P
imagine not believing a mafia player, smh my head

i did say i scumread them already in 137
yes you did
In post 234, floatingmay wrote: i don’t know exactly why you townread yeezys but you’re probably at least a little biased here since yeezys has you as hard town (85, 159) and has generally been defending you, attacking your attackers, echoing your reads and word choice, interacting with you, etc
koba's gotta be town, sorry if you don't like my "opinion"
In post 234, floatingmay wrote:and they already have four townreads, all of which are unexplained, i think? you plus myself, fixer, and kenny (161). would that not make the remaining mafia obvious to them? their townread on kenny is especially odd since it comes right after 152 (which kenny responded to extremely quickly. at that point they only had four total posts and one of them was a response to yeezys) and 158
three are townleans (you, fixer, and kyouko), kenny is a "i'm not sure if the guy's town or scum so it's a null with a slight townlean", and koba is a townread. also, i've explained them before.
also, why does kenny responding to me have anything to do with my alignment? like yeah i guess your scumread on kenny might be legitimate but i don't understand what it has to do with me.
In post 234, floatingmay wrote:they claim to have a boring role (161) which if they’re vt is completely false. friendly reminder that my opinions are facts :)) also it just feels like a really contrived response, like if i were asked that i’d say good or something instead of boring
that post says nothing about a boring role, it just states my takes on a few people. can you get me an actual post link next time?
In post 234, floatingmay wrote: something about 114 sounds off. i’m not sure how but it kind of feels like this statement is implying something alignment related?
"i wonder if i'll be force-replaced for telling someone to shut up" IM SORRY LMAO BUT HOW IS THIS AI TO YOU
tyhe forum rules state that there should be any slurs or anything that comes off as too agressive/rude so idk how you think thats scum behavior bruh
In post 234, floatingmay wrote: 151 wasn’t an actual defense; it didn’t even make up whole post. still waiting on your defense yeezys, unless koba does it for you ofc ;)
what do u want me to defend myself from
i'm town because i am 42069% cooler than all of you combined
got a damn issue
In post 234, floatingmay wrote: and like i said in 130, their actions don’t match their description of their own townplay

didn’t see this the first time sorry, i tend to skip lines a lot when reading but yeezys would you be willing to get back into mafia.gg if you were like, part of a server that hosted private games with nonarcade setups?
"i usually dont"
besides, of course it isn't. it's my first newbie game on a forum different from the one i usually play on, in which i get incredibly burnt out after playing games. new people, new site, new setups. wouldn't you actually try to win?
In post 234, floatingmay wrote: and if all else fails

maybe yeezy’s scum but forgot they were scum again so that’s why their actions seem towny to you!

three of these run-on sentences start with and :') i tried my best to coalesce these into proper paragraphs but my thoughts are way too disjointed for that
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
why are you pulling reasons otu of your ass to scumread me
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by yeezys »

uh oh i got the new page thing
please dont delete my post i spent like ten minutes on it
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by yeezys »

i just realized that that entire post could come off as much more rude than my "shut up please" to val but do i care
no
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by yeezys »

someone shouldld accuse me of being scum i'm bored to death right now
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeezys lockscum
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 254, DkKoba wrote:yeezys lockscum
reasons pls (even though this is probably nonserious)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

got an avatar clearly was told by a scumbud
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

gotem
retired
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by floatingmay »

this is in response to 249

ftr yeezys i townread koba and if i have time later i'll make a proper post but i don't think it's worth the effort right now given that the only person currently scumreading them is mbot, and also i'm lazy

can you tell me what you think of kenny and justify it using something other than vibes please?

sorry about that i cannot link, i meant post 80

i don't want to use vibes but i don't think there's a better word to describe what i thought was wrong with 114
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by floatingmay »

woah you got an avatar

congrats on not looking like nothing any more
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 247, yeezys wrote:
In post 220, DkKoba wrote:yeezys well

yeezys is fucking blatant town lmfao

i dont think an explaination is needed
i would tell you to watch your language but then i'd
a) be a hypocrite
b) fuck shit fuck (aka you can swear whenever you want to)
At least there is no one named "blatant town lmfao" in this game. (Sorry, but I had to do this one)
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 250, yeezys wrote:?????????????????????????????????????????????????
why are you pulling reasons otu of your ass to scumread me
Maybe floatingmay wants to read you scum because they are scum.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:26 am

Post by MBot »

Is that a serious SR on floatingmay? I may need reasons for that. That would be diabolical.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

ssbm_Kyouko and fixer have been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 258, floatingmay wrote:ftr yeezys i townread koba and if i have time later i'll make a proper post but i don't think it's worth the effort right now given that the only person currently scumreading them is mbot
Just want to point out that isn't true.
I
am scumreading both Koba and yeezys - Koba for the over-the-top defensive reaction for me asking for a clarification of their , and the continued dodging of actually addressing that question; I think it's important to note that it's a question being asked by two slots now, and we still don't have an answer. I am starting to wonder if we are actually seeing a demonstration of that in action right now; browbeat and patronise, and plead rediculious hyperbolic scumcases immeadately against anyone who even dares ask a question and perhaps other slots will see that and think twice about engaging with their slot, and they can slip through the game without their alignment being seriously tested. Reading between the lines of floatingmay's and Kobas exchange starting just prior, starting at , it appears that perhaps Koba has form for that, if that is what was being discussed there. At the end of the day, if I have to put up with that sort of behaviour and be the sacraficial lamb to make sure attention remains on that slot so it does get sorted properly, then so be it. Not the sort of game I think anyone enjoys playing, but neither do I think that sort of thing should be allowed to fly.

Keep in mind secondly, although I might not be the most experianced player in this list by a long shot, I don't really consider myself to be a totally fresh newbie, and I am not, in any way, seeing how yeezys is obvtown in the slighest; and "no i dont want to explain yeezys because i want to save the explaination in my back pocket in case anyone tries to push them" reads as just a tiny bit convenient. Is there an explanation, or no, because I am telling now, it is NOT obvious that they are town, and trying to suggest they are without any explanation is pinging me.
In post 240, DkKoba wrote:*pat pat* its ok val we'll win without your help
Thirdly, this is the third time I've had an SE slot act in an openly condecending and patronising way towards me. On both other occasions (first, second), I found it scummy, as an attempt to discredit a player with less experiance in the eyes of other players, and in both occasions it worked, because my read was written off as just saltiness at being subject to that, and - most importantly - both times the slot doing so WAS scum. Until I have reason to suspect otherwise, I am going to say this sort of thing is alignment-indicative in this case too.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

damn val maybe if you used that effort to acquire some good reads you'd have solved it by now :lol:
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Val89 »

And maybe, if you think my read on you is bad; if you stopped demonstrating the behavior that has clearly been scum-indicative in my previous games and actually answered my question instead of trying to treat me like an idiot, maybe I would realise it was bad.

I've been on the right side of history on all those occasions. If I have to put up with this shit until one of us gets flipped, and if nessacary watch your hubris be your downfall from the dead thread, then so be it.

Why is yeezys obvtown, or did you just pull that read from your arse?
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:07 am

Post by yeezys »

oooooo drama
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:09 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 258, floatingmay wrote:this is in response to 249

ftr yeezys i townread koba and if i have time later i'll make a proper post but i don't think it's worth the effort right now given that the only person currently scumreading them is mbot, and also i'm lazy

can you tell me what you think of kenny and justify it using something other than vibes please?

sorry about that i cannot link, i meant post 80

i don't want to use vibes but i don't think there's a better word to describe what i thought was wrong with 114
it's a gutread idk how you want me to "justify" it
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Val89 »

Here is the other thing, though - Koba was calling yeezys their "top town read" by post .

Have a look at yeezys' ISO at that point, and see if there is
anything
that might indicate to you they were deserving of any sort of townread, there. I think if I was yeezys there, even I would be thinking to myself "hang on, what's going on here then?", but it goes without comment. Kyouku does the same, without explaining why, at .

Am I missing something obvious, here, because I realise that all 3 can't be scum, but I don't understand where this is coming from. All I see is yeezys having a NAI discussion about playing on other sites and jumping in on the over-the-top defense of Koba's ; which is pinging me as scummy, not townie.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

yeah every post from yeezys is towny
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Val89 »

Why? This isn't helping much.

You obviously think I am an idiot, so treat me like one. Spell it out, please.
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by floatingmay »

@fixer you are not allowed to afk out >:(

val, the other two people might have been scum but i don't think that applies to koba here since they've generally been very consistent with their tone

i do agree that they should explain their read on yeezys though

also i forgot to address kenny's post yesterday, sorry i was really tired i'll go do that now
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by floatingmay »

In post 238, kennyk wrote: First, I don't see anything resembling a read in 137. And I don't see anything like a read around this post number.

Second, I have my own idea about the connection between Koba and yeezys. I kind of have the feeling you do have the same idea, too, but yoou are trying to use it in a quite different way.

Third, my response to yeesys was quick and I didn't have many posts at that stage (there aren't that many now either, but that is something I have deficits in every game). But I was online coincidently shortly after the post. So I responded. But if it pleases you I might from now on wait 24 hours with every respond (no I won't).

Forth, there is no mentioning of a boring role in post 161. Maybe you meant 159? But there is no mentioning of a boring role either. Just that they are bored. Which is a completely different thing.

This looks very much like trying to make up a case out of thin air. After my vote on you was ranodm and my finger of suspicion because of your aversion to math halfway fun, I am now quite confident with my vote on you.
in 137, i asked yeezys how they would feel if i voted them, which i wouldn't do unless i was considering voting them, and at any rate i'm not sure why you're responding to this part

what's your idea about the connection between koba and yeezys? what makes you think i have the same idea? how do you think i am trying to use said idea?

i meant 79, sorry about that
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by floatingmay »

oh and 140 is right after 137

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”