Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Please prod DBE

Done
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Any news on DBE?

Hasn't been picked up yet :(
I really don't want to get a replacement at this point though. I'll give her another day.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:06 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

So guess what? Life really sucks.

Internet has been down on me and a whole load of other things I shan't bore you with.

Anyways I've re-read, thought it over, and come to what I hope is the proper conclusion, and that is this.

vote:Korts

~here is hoping I have net long enough to see the results.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The "lynch!" vote count:

Korts(3): farside22, fuzzylightning, DarlaBlueEyes
farside22(1): Korts

4 alive, 3 to lynch

Deadline would have been 10/20

scene up soon
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:30 am

Post by hasdgfas »

It had been a very quiet day among the few who remained. Two people had done something last night, so it had to be one of the other two, right?
That's what most people thought, so they looked at Korts, who had been out of the spotlight for most of their adventure.

"It was you, wasn't it! You've been killing everyone, along with Agent Smith and Sauron."

Korts took a few steps backwards and shook his head.

"No, it wasn't me. Look at farside22. I bet she can block and kill the same night. Who else could it be? She's been out of the spotlight as well."

fuzzylightning and DarlaBlueEyes took a glance at her, but couldn't see farside22 as being evil. After all, she was so
serene
, wasn't she?
Korts looked at their faces and knew he didn't have a chance.

"Oh well,"
he said,
"At least this has been interesting, if not always logical."

He took two steps forward and met his fate boldly.

"Live long and prosper. All of you."

At that point, the other 3 knew who he was, but watched with interested glances as he dissolved, leaving much the way he lived his whole life, without much emotion.

--------------------------------------------

Looking onward, the researchers began to get anxious. With only 3 people left, there wasn't much time to get rid of anyone evil. Was there any possible way the good guys could take out the bad one?
Panicking, the researchers started setting up their plans to contain any evil that tried to escape.

Korts, Mr. Spock, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 6

It is now night 6. The faster you get actions in, the faster I can get the scene up.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

Post by hasdgfas »

One final night. After this night, everything would be decided. This fateful night may decide the future of mankind for many years to come.

DarlaBlueEyes stepped out into the night sky, hoping something could help her survive. However, no matter how hard she tried, nothing could help her avoid her fate tonight.

As she walked, she heard a chilling voice in the darkness.

"Hello Dave."

"Um, my name isn't..."

"What do you think you're doing, Dave?"

"I just told you, my name isn't Dave."

"What do you think you're doing, Dave?"

DarlaBlueEyes sighed, knowing she had to deal with the wrong name to have any chance of getting away. This voice was bad news.

"I wanted to go for a walk to clear my head. Is that so wrong?"

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

"What do you mean...?"

She cut off the end of her sentence as she saw the fate this voice had for her.

"Goodbye Dave,"
the voice continued,
"I'm glad we were able to meet like this."

DarlaBlueEyes just stared straight ahead of herself in shock, watching the wall of nothing come straight at her. She couldn't move and she just watched her doom consume her.

DarlaBlueEyes, John Anderton, Tracker - erased from existence night 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------

fuzzylightning tossed and turned as he tried to make sense of the previous day.

He had to be scum. Who else could it be?

Although he didn't know it, he wouldn't have to think about it much longer. A strange sound broke the silence of his surrounding. An electrical buzzing of some sort. He knew this couldn't be good.
He sat up and looked around. He saw nothing. He was momentarily reassured and laid back down. This didn't last long, however, and he sat back up again. The nothing was getting closer every second.
It surrounded him, and in his final moments, he heard a mechanical laughter, taunting him as he disappeared, forever.

fuzzylightning, Tron, One-Shot Vig - endgamed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Not him!"
the researchers cried as the remaining character showed himself on their screen,
"He's the only person we couldn't stop with all our computerized precautions."

"How are you gentlemen!!
he began,
"All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha ha ha ha..."

The researchers looked at each other quizzically, wondering what had happened to the imposing figure on their screen a moment ago. This was an easy enemy.

"Did you like that, gentlemen?"
he continued,
"I figure a bit of humor before death always lightens the mood. Anyway, I have already defeated your security measures. Look who I have next to me, as well."

The researchers were shocked. How had Sauron and Agent Smith returned?

"Goodbye Dave. And Walter, and Brad, and Chuck, and everyone else. It was fun playing this game, but I have more important things to attend to now."

In one swift movement, every researcher clutched his heart and fell to the ground.

HAL 9000 stepped out of the screen, bringing Sauron and Agent Smith with him. They looked at each other, with evil grins on their faces. Then, all went black. Only one thing could be seen.

farside22, HAL 9000, Movie Mafia Roleblocker - survived

The Movie Mafia, made up of Knight of Cydonia, farside22, and Xtoxm, win!

Setup info up soon
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Setup(note: if the mafia say it's all right, I will put the link to their QT up):

3 mafia:

Sauron - Mafia GF
“One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.”

Congratulations, you are Sauron. You created The One Ring so that you could take control of all of Middle-Earth. Now that you have been transported to this strange place with everyone else, you‘ve got more people to destroy. One of them is dead already, you just have to get rid of the other do-gooders in the group. Then you can find a way to take over these worlds as well.

You are the Movie Mafia Godfather. Your assistants are farside22(HAL 9000) and Xtoxm(Agent Smith). Each night, you may talk here with your fellow mafia members to decide whom to kill. Once you have decided, you will send me a PM with the name of the killer, the person to be killed, and the manner of the kill(it must be sci-fi/fantasy related). Due to your excellent sight(haha), you are immune to being killed at night because you will see the killer coming, and you will show up as town to a cop investigation, because seriously, how would an eye be able to kill? You can also see that Samwise Gamgee isn’t here, and you may claim to be him if you wish. You win when your group has majority, or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Mod note: may have to adjust the kill type so that it can't affect the day scene too much. No true cop, so just vig immune, and only inv. immune if he uses a LotR fakeclaim.

HAL 9000 - Mafia RB
“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.”

Congratulations, you are HAL 9000. You are the most technologically advanced computer ever. You also think you’re superior to everyone and everything else. After your transport here, you sense similar feelings in two other entities. (since they’re technically not people, we can’t call them that, can we?)

You are the Movie Mafia Roleblocker. Your Godfather is ashmite84(Sauron) and the other member of your group is Xtoxm(Agent Smith). Each night, you may talk here with your fellow mafia members to decide whom to kill and whom should kill them. Once you have decided, the Godfather will send in the information relating to the kill. If you are not making the kill, you may send me a PM with the name of someone you wish to role block. If you want to know how, don’t ask, you just prevent them from performing any actions. You really don’t want to know how it works. You win when your group has majority, or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Mod note: may both RB and kill if HAL is last mafia member alive. Must come up with own fakeclaim so movie cop has some use.

Agent Smith - Mafia Goon
“Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we… are the cure.”

Congratulations, you are Agent Smith. You’ve been trying to kill Mr. Anderson, but now that you have been transported here, you‘ve decided to help eradicate this plague of human beings. However, you see two other non-humans with similar intentions. You can help them out, can’t you?
You are the Movie Mafia Goon. Your Godfather is ashmite84(Sauron) and the Roleblocker is farside22(HAL 9000). Each night, you may talk here with your fellow mafia members to decide whom to kill and whom should kill them. Once you have decided, the Godfather will send in all the information regarding the kill. You have no other powers, but due to some, um, sci-fi magic,(plot holes are fun) you know that Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride isn’t here, so you may claim to be him if you wish. You win when your group has majority, or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Mod note: fakeclaim is so that movie cop will have some use.

9 Town:

John Anderton - Tracker
“The Precogs don’t see what you intend to do, only what you will do.”

Congratulations, you are John Anderton, leader of the Precrime unit. Even though you were accused of a crime before you didn’t commit it, you were innocent, and didn’t end up murdering the person you were supposed to even though you had a chance(just watch the movie). You have an awesome computer that lets you see what people will do, but you have to search the database for them at night, and you‘re too slow to catch them in the act yourself.
You are a Tracker. Each night, you may PM me with the name of another player in the game. After night ends, you will find out who, if anyone, that player visited during the night. You win when all anti-town killers have been destroyed.

Dr. Clayton Forrester - Jailkeeper
“We’ll send him cheesy movies/The worst we can find/He’ll have to sit and watch them all/And we‘ll monitor his mind”

Congratulations, you are Dr. Clayton Forrester. You have lots of experience with movies, mostly bad ones, and you can use those to your advantage. You love making other people watch bad movies, so you can force people here to do that. Although you were the antagonist in MST3K, you were never truly evil.

You are a Jailkeeper. Each night, you may PM me with the name of another player in the game. You will force them to watch a terrible movie, roleblocking them for the night. However, because nobody else wants to see these movies, you will also protect them from all other night actions that would target them that night. You win when those who would do you harm are gone.
Mod note: Protects from ALL night actions, not just kills.

Tron - One Shot Vig
“This is Blue leader to Blue bikes. Run these guys into your jet walls.”

Congratulations, you are Tron. Does anything more really need to be said? No, because Tron is awesome. However, it gets better for you. You drive a light cycle. That’s freaking sweet. You can race against people, and you win if they crash. That, unfortunately, kills them, and doesn’t do much for the health of your cycle, since the other cycle ran into your trail.
You are a One-Shot Vig. One night during the game, you may PM me with someone’s name. You will attempt to kill that person. You win when all bad guys are removed from the town.
Mod note: Gets kill back if he is JK'd when he tries to use it, but any other way it would fail results in loss of shot.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie Cop
“The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book.”

Congratulations, you are The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. The book. Inside the movie. Which was based on the book. Get it? Good. You’re just a huge book with knowledge about almost everything in the galaxy. If you input the name of someone you see, you can figure out where else they’ve been seen.

You are a Movie Cop. Each night, you may PM me with the name of someone else in the game. You will be able to find out the movie that person is from. No matter what the result PM you might get says, there is no indication of alignment in your result, so don’t even try. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mod note: In addition to telling him, give him a poster of the movie.

Eleanor Arroway - Searcher
“I’ve been searching for something. Some reason why we’re here.”

Congratulations, you are Dr. Eleanor Arroway. You’re searching for something or someone out there, but you don’t know exactly who or what.

You are a Searcher. Each night, you may PM me with the name of another player in the game. If that is the person you are searching for, something good will happen. Otherwise, nothing happens. You win when the bad guys have been destroyed.
mod note: Searching for E.T. If she finds him, they become masons.

E.T. - Searcher Target(thinks he's vanilla)
“E.T. phone home.”

Congratulations, you are E.T. You’re an alien, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, there‘s not a whole lot else you can do, with everyone else who is around here.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers other than your vote, so use it well. You win when all anti-town persons have been destroyed.
mod note: if Dr. Arroway finds him, they become masons.

Mr. Spock - Vanilla Townie
“Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected. In this case, I should think ‘interesting’ would suffice.”

Congratulations, you are Mr. Spock. You are a very logical individual. You don’t need any special powers to find the bad guys. Your brain is the only tool you need.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers other than your vote, so use it well. You win when evil has been eradicated.
Chewbacca - Vanilla Townie
“Never anger a Wookie.”

Congratulations, you are Chewbacca. Yeah, you read that correctly, Chewbacca. Isn’t that great? You’re large and strong, but unfortunately, nobody can understand you very well, which makes doing anything special rather difficult.

You are a Vanilla Townie. Yes, you read that correctly too, unfortunately. You have no special powers except for your vote, so use it well. You win when the bad guys are dead.
Dennis the Peasant - Vanilla Townie
“I told you. We‘re an anarco-syndicalism commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week.”

Congratulations, you are Dennis, the anarcho-syndicalist peasant. What a boring name. As you told King Arthur, you take turns being the important person for the part of the kingdom you control. That’s not the case here, you’re just you.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers other than your vote, so use it well. You win when all anti-town members have been killed.

I think that's the important things about the setup. Any questions, comments, concerns, angry rants, etc.?
I'll have night actions and my thoughts on the game up soon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

0-3.

I suck.

-goes into hiding-

(good game farside/scum!)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Korts »

Very nicely played, farside. I figured it out far too late to swing the town around, and I didn't have the time resources to make a case that would swing... But I guess I owe you guys and "I told you so" ;)

I loved this game, actually, hascow. I think the setup was very nice, and the flavor was awesome. First class modding all the way.

More comments later, when it's not midnight with classes from eight tomorrow.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Go and ahead and post the quick topics I don't mind

Hi all. I come in peace. :P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP:
Korts wrote:Very nicely played, farside. I figured it out far too late to swing the town around, and I didn't have the time resources to make a case that would
swing
stick... But I guess I owe you guys and "I told you so" ;)

I loved this game, actually, hascow. I think the setup was very nice, and the flavor was awesome. First class modding all the way.

More comments later, when it's not midnight with classes from eight tomorrow.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Here is the quick topics:

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/UFiLVKH88au5

Needless to say Grimmy's JK ability really hurt the mafia. I was shocked I pulled somethings off as I did. The whole River Tam fake claim was the best thought I have for a RB who wouldn't look to scummy.
Sorry to xtoxm for riding you so hard.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Korts »

Wait, does that mean that fuzzy still had his one shot?
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:Wait, does that mean that fuzzy still had his one shot?
No. Even if I hadn't blocked him KOC was immune to NK's so that still would have been his one shot. I thought maybe there might be some craziness I missed so I blocked him this last time just in case.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Korts »

Well, it was still an awesome game. I just wish there had been more discussion in the endgame, if DBE and fuzzy would've considered, even for the sake of a couple questions, you being scum, I would've had a chance.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:Well, it was still an awesome game. I just wish there had been more discussion in the endgame, if DBE and fuzzy would've considered, even for the sake of a couple questions, you being scum, I would've had a chance.
My case against you was awesome. Not my fault you couldn't find as much on me without using WIFOM. :P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Korts »

But hey, I figured it out in the end. The moral victory is mine, all mine! :P
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Night Actions:
Night 1:
farside block Grimmy
mafia kill: Xtoxm kills Rishi, push into sarlaac
Gorrad: cop zoraster (Contact)
zoraster: search Gorrad (nope)
Grimmy: action not in time
DBE: track farside (to Grimmy)

Night 2:
farside: block fuzzy
mafia kill: KOC stab DBE with Sting (blocked)
Gorrad: cop Korts (Star Trek)
SensFan: search Korts (nope)
Grimmy: jail KOC
DBE: track Panzer (nowhere)
fuzzylightning: kill KOC (blocked, and NK immune and protected, kill fails and is lost)

Night 3:
farside: block Gorrad
mafia kill: KOC stab korts with Sting (blocked)
Gorrad: cop fuzzylightning (blocked)
SensFan: search KOC (protected)
Grimmy: jail KOC
DBE: track KOC (protected)

Night 4:
farside: block Gorrad, kill SensFan
Gorrad: cop fuzzylightning (blocked)
Sensfan: search fuzzylightning(dies, but would have gotten no result)
Grimmy: jail fuzzylightning
DBE: track SensFan (-> fuzzylightning)

Night 5:
farside: block DBE, kill Gorrad
Gorrad: cop fuzzylightning (dies, would have gotten Tron)
DBE: track Korts (blocked)

Night 6:
farside: block fuzzy, kill DBE

I'll have my thoughts later. I have a very busy rest of the night though, it may not be up until tomorrow.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well done Farside. Wasn't expecting a victory here after how me and KoC played...I think my record as mafia is actually quite favourable now. :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, this was one of my worse (for recent times, anyway) plays as scum...So gotta apologise bout that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

That damn jailer really threw a spanner in the works.
Me and farside would have probably tied this up a night earlier if it wasn't for him.
Well played to keep it going, though, farside.
And sorry for basically sacrificing your like that, Xtoxm, but yeah... you were sucking pretty hard.
In retrospect, I should have claimed Samwise as a bodyguard rather than vig... but hey, scum still won.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the game. Sorry it took so long, I've been sick.
Sorry for my lackluster modding day 1. I was far too focused on getting you guys to post as opposed to trusting the deadline to do that. Thanks Rishi for giving me a slap in the face. I may change my prodding rules and not give people a certain amount and just say something like "the more I prod you, the less likely you are to not be replaced"
Even with that, only 3 replacements was pretty good. Thanks for sticking with it. :)

Sorry for confusing you guys with the deadline thing, I was trying something out, and I'm not sure how it worked. What'd you all think of it?
PS: For every two pages of posts there was a day added on to the next day's deadline.

D1: ZS was not a bad lynch, IMO. I think he only would have been a distraction to the town later on. I was suprised people didn't expect Chewie to be vanilla, actually. Seemed to be the start of quite a bit of outguessing the mod. Scum, at least ashmite and Xtoxm, seemed to be pretty nonexistant. I was a bit worried for them at that point. Especially after they offed a vanilla night 1. I wasn't expecting a Rishi death, although I'm not really sure who I would have expected.

D2: I was surprised by Gorrad's immediate want of a movie claim. I would have expected waiting at least a day, because I would have thought it would be pretty obvious as to his role after that.
I thought Xtoxm was far quieter than normal, which has usually been a scumtell for him. Good busing by farside I thought. Interesting note by Korts about farside's movie claim. I haven't actually seen Serenity, but for that matter, I haven't seen all of all of the movies that were in this game anyway. Bits and pieces for most.
I suggest you all see Tron at some point in your lives.
It is completely epic.
I'm also very surprised that KOC wasn't lynched immediately after his claim. NK immune vig is an easy claim for scum to make due to them having kill abilities and the GF often being NK immune. Although Sam was beastly with his frying pan in Moria. I love that scene. Good CC of Xtoxm by fuzzy. CC'ing as OSV is better than CC'ing as most other PRs. Also, fuzzy CC'd with flavor. Xtoxm's flavorless claim may have been a dealbreaker even before that, but I think that clinched it.

D3: Panzer is right on. Why did nobody listen to him, I wonder? Is it because he always looks scummy for being aggressive? I don't know, but I think people should listen to him more than they currently do. What a terrible claim by DBE. That wasn't necessary at all. Why? Also, after KOC decided to backtrack and claim one-shot, why wasn't he immediately lynched? Just go back to yesterday and see his full vig claim. Gorrad's comment about getting the 5th ST movie was odd. Actually, it was just because that was the easiest one to find >.>
Very odd self-hammer by Panzer, but it's actually a bit understandable, trying to make people listen to him once he's dead.

D4: KOC saying he randomized his kill at Korts who he thought was town was probably the worst thing he could have said there, actually. Why not aim at someone you think you can lynch if he survives?
I really liked the confusion over everyone getting no result overnight. This is pretty much what I was hoping for when I adjusted the JK role for this game.

D5: More outguessing the mod with Grimmy's claim. Interesting. I knew it would be seen as a scummy claim, but I didn't realize that Grimmy would do a (no offense) poor job of defending himself once he claimed.

D6: I'm honestly surprised that farside didn't claim to have blocked someone else. It probably would have been the winning move right there. Korts being the only person to think of scum RB being able to do both RB and kill in one night and not being listened to was interesting. I'm really surprised nobody listened to him on that. Both the Korts and farside cases were very good, as far as I could tell, farside just played a very good game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anything, let this be a lesson as to "outguessing the mod = bad" ;)
I thought scum was screwed after the first couple days, but farside really stepped it up. Second straight game I've modded where farside was the MVP of the scum. Good work.
I think that's it for now. Thanks again for playing, hope to see you in future cow-modded games. :)

BTW: Next up is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy mafia. I'm planning a game for each of the 5 books in the trilogy. I'm not taking pre-ins at this point, so PM me once you see me announcing it as taking pre-ins. It'll be a large, but more of a 14-16 player large and not a 20+ player large, just so you know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Thanks cow. That means a lot. I didn't lie about my blocking because I didn't want to lie. Lying for me is harder. Yes I lied about my role, but that was a necessary lie. Lying about who I blocked wasn't necessary and I thought by telling the truth it would make me look more pro town. Which I felt I succeeded.
Yes the town lynching Panz instead of KOC that one day did help.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Grimmy »

I had a feeling earlier in the game about Farside, but couldnt bring up enough proof.

Grr....

immy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”