Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s interesting, what happened to the tonal ping from earlier, what about my more recent posting outweighs that?
Also, I kinda float about until something catches me eye. Like this!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Hella Jeff »

In post 445, Azaariah wrote:im not sure andante's scum team wants that. i dont think this is something their team told them to do. i think they just sort of decided to do it and by the time this post was posted, nothing could really be done about it.
what i find interesting is that no one else had an issue with it when it was a very very strange post.
i can understand town missing it but i feel like if andante were town, scum definitely would've picked at it before i got here three entire years later. my activity was not the best because i couldn't find anything that really pinged me any way and there was plenty of time for scum to pick at it. instead they all stayed quiet. scum are actively looking for things to push and i'm doubtful that all three did not pick up on it. you could say that it was because andante was pretty widely townread and scum were scared to push there.
i would somewhat agree with that statement but it's also very clear that andante is a newer player. no matter how townread they are on page ten, they are still mislim bait.
it's clear andante isn't one of the prodigy newer players who are just insanely good at the game so they are absolutely mislim bait but there was not a single SR there until i came along.

andante's scum flip doesn't clear april. it just makes me think that april is very likely town.
i think there's too many layers for me to figure out the most likely reason for it, but maybe i'm overthinking it. stuff like
how people treat LHF slots as scum,
who was active and who has actually played with andante (osuka, who else?)
i feel underlined is important because i
think
there's as many scum that will whiteknight as those who'll make sure that limbait slots don't have any room to towntell, for example
writing this feels like a huge jab at osuka but i'm in the same boat as norwee here wrt him. i'm picking out certain things that could be done to andante's posting for Evil Scum Gain and it happens to fall in that category
In post 415, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I really just don’t like
[whiteknighting]
in general because it typically just helps scum by either saving a struggling mafia player, or keeping limbait alive for ElO when their flips would have been helpful to know beforehand.
norwee has it down, so he's obviously bussing

fleshing out the idea of knowing april's alignment after andante's flip i can't really imagine a scum!april grouped with scum!andante right now but i only see it in a world where the posting was deliberate, meaning that the april-andante interactions were theatre
if we ever come into the conclusion after that that it wasn't deliberate/planned then i just townclear april. surely andante wouldn't hellbus for no reason right?
uhhhh maybe i should just read the game
man listen, stairs. i am TELLING you
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Holiday »

In post 500, Gamma Emerald wrote:That’s interesting, what happened to the tonal ping from earlier, what about my more recent posting outweighs that?
The tonal ping faded from mind, honestly; it was a springboard for me to post when there wasn't much for me to comment on. Your presence, since then, has been mellow and "there" in a way that I don't find scummy.

I don't think there's a good way to explain that sort of feeling otherwise.
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Holiday »

I think that newer scum players would be more prone to bussing if only because it's easier than townreading things in a partner that aren't there, but the April-Andante interactions feel very unnecessary for S-S theatre that early on.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 502, Holiday wrote:
In post 500, Gamma Emerald wrote:That’s interesting, what happened to the tonal ping from earlier, what about my more recent posting outweighs that?
The tonal ping faded from mind, honestly; it was a springboard for me to post when there wasn't much for me to comment on. Your presence, since then, has been mellow and "there" in a way that I don't find scummy.

That sounds reasonable
Do you have any exp with me on your main (presuming you are an alt; pls correct me if I’m wrong)?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Vote Count 1.0.2

T3 (3) Dwlee99, osuka, Gamma Emerald [E-3]
Gamma Emerald (2) Holiday, geraintm
Andante (2) NorwegianboyEE, T3
Hella Jeff (1) Almost50

Not Voting (4) Andante, April Ludgate, Something_Smart, Hella Jeff, Azaariah

Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-22 18:17:16)

Mod Notes:
VC is done by hand. Please let me know if I mess something up.
Andante is V/LA.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Holiday »

In post 504, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 502, Holiday wrote:

That sounds reasonable
Do you have any exp with me on your main (presuming you are an alt; pls correct me if I’m wrong)?
When joining mafia sites, I am preferential to not sharing my experiences; I hope you understand.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why is everyone so wary of bussing in this particular game.

Bad memories or something?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 497, Holiday wrote:Aza has written up the thoughts I have about Andante pretty well, at this point: the enthusiasm and energy is there but the actual content/logic being applied falls flat
well, to be honest, i dont totally believe some of the points i've said mostly because those are just attempts to explain the feeling that i felt when i read that one post of andante's. im pretty certain it comes from scum but am trying to find other more understandable ways to express this scum read because although only this part caught my attention, they must've slipped up elsewhere as well. since no one really agrees with the read that that one post is a scum claim, i've been looking other places and trying to prove it through different means.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 501, Hella Jeff wrote:i feel underlined is important because i think there's as many scum that will whiteknight as those who'll make sure that limbait slots don't have any room to towntell, for example
writing this feels like a huge jab at osuka but i'm in the same boat as norwee here wrt him. i'm picking out certain things that could be done to andante's posting for Evil Scum Gain and it happens to fall in that category
so you think that scum white knight a slot that is widely townread mislim bait instead of setting it up today in preparation for a mislim in a couple days?
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Holiday »

In post 507, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why is everyone so wary of bussing in this particular game.

Bad memories or something?
I find it more common than people being willing to read their teammates as town, and doubly so for newer players.
In post 508, Azaariah wrote:
In post 497, Holiday wrote:Aza has written up the thoughts I have about Andante pretty well, at this point: the enthusiasm and energy is there but the actual content/logic being applied falls flat
well, to be honest, i dont totally believe some of the points i've said mostly because those are just attempts to explain the feeling that i felt when i read that one post of andante's. im pretty certain it comes from scum but am trying to find other more understandable ways to express this scum read because although only this part caught my attention, they must've slipped up elsewhere as well. since no one really agrees with the read that that one post is a scum claim, i've been looking other places and trying to prove it through different means.
I'm unsure if you'll be able to find the "slip up" that you want, if I'm frank; there will be posts that you will read with suspicion but I think a smoking gun can be hard to find on day one. People are receptive already though to Andante being scummy enough though that you might not need the perfect case to kill someone when we're working with less information today.
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Azaariah »

VOTE: Andante

holiday, join me. we'll leave andante at e-2. no one else should vote until andante gets back to the thread. we'll go from there.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually, newer players tend to townread their partners more often than experienced players that will throw them under the bus for less than a penny.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 512, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually, newer players tend to townread their partners more often than experienced players that will throw them under the bus for less than a penny.
i agree with this and think april is pretty much completely cleared if andante flips scum.
Holiday
Holiday
Goon
Holiday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Holiday »

I feel from experience I've seen bussing more, but that's anecdotal evidence.

T3 being on this wagon while being the largest wagon (though given the sizes doesn't say a lot) made me a little hesitant to vote this. It's... probably not a big deal.

VOTE: Andante
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:20 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't really see Andante as a new player btw.

- Bunno
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Azaariah »

i'm also pretty worried about t3 at the moment. oh well. its e-2 and we're both ready to unvote if needed so it should be alright.

i would say andante is new given they havent even had a scum game yet.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When is Andante coming back anyway?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I thought they would be sharing their meme wizardry forever and ever, going from their happy go lucky mood.
But alas.

- Bunno
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Hella Jeff »

In post 509, Azaariah wrote:so you think that scum white knight a slot that is widely townread mislim bait instead of setting it up today in preparation for a mislim in a couple days?
y...........,.,.,y,es

i'm not a good scum player by any means but i've done it before. some towns will notice the amount of confidence you have in reading someone and implicitly declare you the spokesperson of reading them if that makes sense. ill call norwee's back again and say that it doesn't even have to be about eliminating them.
but maybe that's besides the point? i kinda forgot what we were talking about
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why is andante SR rn?
<Embrace The Void>

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:34 am

Post by T3 »

In post 497, Holiday wrote:I've caught up, but I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on this game right now.

T3 feels very... invasive, in his posts, like a pest. Burrowing into things and trying to undermine rather than doing anything that's meaningful. I could cherrypick from his ISO but I think some people have already pointed this out so hopefully this point is understood without context. "Bad vibes" in a nutshell.

Aza has written up the thoughts I have about Andante pretty well, at this point: the enthusiasm and energy is there but the actual content/logic being applied falls flat, and while it's hard to express why a scum player would make the points Andante has if you're applying it to a player with more experience... Andante lacks it, and thus is going to say things that are clunky as they learn what does and doesn't work. She's fallen away a bit too but it's not been that long, but perhaps the initial spurt of posting not being met with enthusiasm/picked at almost immediately soured her to posting for fear of making it worse.

Associated with this, if Andante is scum, osuka's interactions with/around her feel... weird to me. The aggression in was offputting to me, and while osuka is apparently just like that as a player, it doesn't ring right when it's followed up with small defenses/an overall unease around her wagon without offering up a meaningful way of directing that suspicion. It's just there as a defense, and I wonder even if osuka could be scum without Andante being scum too and it's just an average white knight defense.

...not sold on this, though, because I thought Norwee was being wishywashy about osuka when they were speaking with one another which doesn't make sense if osuka is scum and then Norwee is also scum, but they're both a little strange to me so far. Between the two of them Norwee's townier but there are those little moments.

I'm going to wait for an updated vote count, but Andante/osuka hold my attention most right now.
Interesting.
People said the exact same thing about me last game. But I was scum.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 am

Post by T3 »

In post 503, Holiday wrote:I think that newer scum players would be more prone to bussing if only because it's easier than townreading things in a partner that aren't there, but the April-Andante interactions feel very unnecessary for S-S theatre that early on.
Newer scum players bus a lot, I speak from personal experience.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 521, T3 wrote:
In post 497, Holiday wrote:I've caught up, but I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on this game right now.

T3 feels very... invasive, in his posts, like a pest. Burrowing into things and trying to undermine rather than doing anything that's meaningful. I could cherrypick from his ISO but I think some people have already pointed this out so hopefully this point is understood without context. "Bad vibes" in a nutshell.

Aza has written up the thoughts I have about Andante pretty well, at this point: the enthusiasm and energy is there but the actual content/logic being applied falls flat, and while it's hard to express why a scum player would make the points Andante has if you're applying it to a player with more experience... Andante lacks it, and thus is going to say things that are clunky as they learn what does and doesn't work. She's fallen away a bit too but it's not been that long, but perhaps the initial spurt of posting not being met with enthusiasm/picked at almost immediately soured her to posting for fear of making it worse.

Associated with this, if Andante is scum, osuka's interactions with/around her feel... weird to me. The aggression in was offputting to me, and while osuka is apparently just like that as a player, it doesn't ring right when it's followed up with small defenses/an overall unease around her wagon without offering up a meaningful way of directing that suspicion. It's just there as a defense, and I wonder even if osuka could be scum without Andante being scum too and it's just an average white knight defense.

...not sold on this, though, because I thought Norwee was being wishywashy about osuka when they were speaking with one another which doesn't make sense if osuka is scum and then Norwee is also scum, but they're both a little strange to me so far. Between the two of them Norwee's townier but there are those little moments.

I'm going to wait for an updated vote count, but Andante/osuka hold my attention most right now.
Interesting.
People said the exact same thing about me last game. But I was scum.
Well that was easy. T3 scum.

Another game in the bag boiiis

- Bunno
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Hella Jeff »

Spoiler: Thes catch up posts were like from yester day. i've BEEN meaning to post. now irrevevant
Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 375, Hella Jeff wrote:
In post 374, Dwlee99 wrote:T3 you haven't pocketed me yet wtf
Dwlee your ISO is 71% T3 and 28% andante the numbers are concerning
Now it's something JEFF
THE PERCENTAGES HAVE SHIFTED TO SOMETHING MORE FAVORABLEV
In post 286, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 257, Andante wrote:I'm ignoring Jeff till later tbh
Why
gamma says while not giving me a shitload of games to read like i humbly asked. like a metric ton or more
In post 370, Azaariah wrote:as long as people think it's weird, they have an easy path to realizing that it comes from scum more often than it comes from town because town really doesn't care enough to reply to a question directed at someone else. sometimes we're even too lazy to read posts that don't have our name in it. i just dont feel like its towny
i asppire to be as true to oneself as you are azaa
In post 171, Andante wrote:April gave a list. ok whatever. T3 then proceeded to go "GAMMA IS SCUM FOR SAYING "guess fun isn't allowed"" then April move T3 to townier... Like, sure I don't tr gamma now, gamma is just coasting, but trying to push gamma as scum for the fun line??? it's a bad reason, yet april is all "T3 is town now!!!"
ok let me stop you...............
"guess fun isn't allowed" is a response to the first scumcase in the game. an accusation that gamma's deliberately fluffing by doing everything except chum hurting
that post and T3's response mean something and i'm bothered by you continuing to say its not
In post 174, Andante wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 172, Free Spirit wrote:I’m just wary of hyper tunneling FL and having us argue for 20 pages.
Because that’s kinda how all our games devolve into being.
#goodpost
#agreed
don't see it

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”