Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

It all boils down to whether or not scum can both do an action and submit a NK.

If they cannot do both, then Ythill should most certainly track Sirdanilot. The reasons for this are that Simenon will be roleblocking Ecto. Ecto will be shooting Simenon. Ythill will be tracking Sirdanilot. If a NK happens, we would know it's not one of those 3 who made it. By doing this setup, we eliminate the scum NK, or at least drastically narrow down who could have made it.

If they can both submit an action and a NK, then I agree Ythill should target whomever he feels is best. Tracking Sirdanilot in this situation would do nothing more than confirm his ability (I already feel he is most likely telling the truth in that regard), and a scum NK wouldn't necessarily point to him or anyone else. He would be better off tracking someone else and hopefully catching someone do something they shouldn't.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:33 am

Post by kuribo »

I gots a bad feeling about this.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

Goat, I understand what you're saying but that plan assumes something we cannot confirm: that scum can't NK and use a power. I also agree that sirdan is a likely night kill target because of his confirmed and useful town role. We could get more out of assuming Ythill is town IMO.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Let's WIFOM ourselves into paralysis! That would be so much fun!
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

sirdanilot wrote:
MOD: CAN A SCUM POWER ROLE NK IF THEY USE THEIR POWER THAT SAME NIGHT?
Wouldn't the town like to know.
Do you want your possessions identified?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:12 am

Post by kuribo »

IS IT THAT GOD DAMN HARD TO JUST GO BACK AND INTERPRET PEOPLES' ACTIONS?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Ythill »

To risk beating a dead horse, I'd like to point out that my own discarded plan
does
actually prevent a NK so long as one of our RBs is mafia. It's not too late to switch.
kuribo wrote:IS IT THAT GOD DAMN HARD TO JUST GO BACK AND INTERPRET PEOPLES' ACTIONS?
That means we have to reread nuriens-scum. Oh-noes!

I will probably have some time before or during the weekend, but I better not be the only one doing it.

Unvote
for a while to do some actual scumhunting...
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Both roleblockers are slated for termination anyhow. If there is a NK tonight, we don't assume that scum cant do both actions and keep going with the plan. As I said, what's important is getting down to 5 players during the day, with Goat, Kuribo and Sirdan along with the masons so that they can kill off the masons if necessary.
One thing is certain, chasing our tails is STILL not going to tell us what will happen tonight
until we do it

Actual scumhunting Ythill? Waiting until page 52 to do it? :roll:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Simenon »

I just want to note that I'll be willing to be lynched just so that we can follow the fucking plan.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Simenon wrote:I just want to note that I'll be willing to be lynched just so that we can follow the fucking plan.
I still say Darox or Ythill, though Im leaning towards Ythill as he tries to toss out the last few pages of discussion for "actual scumhunting".

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Ythill »

Ecto wrote:Actual scumhunting Ythill? Waiting until page 52 to do it?
Way to twist my words. I mean
today
. See, I came out with a claim to confirm kuribo and clear sirdan, then we massclaimed, then we started moving towards a lynch based only on the claims.

The entire town almost forgot that we lynched a GF yesterday and, with as wordy as nuriens was, there's bound to be a lot of evidence in the thread. Thanks to kuribo's cool head (I never thought I'd say that) we might actually get to use that evidence.

Why does it make you "suspicious" that I would want to look back before we move forward. Kuribo-town suggested it, are you suspicious of him too?
Ecto wrote:Im leaning towards Ythill as he tries to toss out the last few pages of discussion for "actual scumhunting".
The last few pages of second guessing the mod was
not
actual scumhunting. Examining nuriens' posts and the statements of others about him is. And it'll be much easier now that we have a mass claim.

There's no deadline and no reason not to use all of the information we have. Do you have something to hide?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Clearly I was mocking you.

Something to hide? Im pretty rock solid as either a Vig or an SK. I'm much more concerned about what you have to hide. How about you examine Nurein's posts and my statements about him. Remember muddying the waters? That's what I see going on right now. It was started by our Doc, but you leaped right on the pony didn't you?
I tell you what happens when things get overly dragged out. Town gets tired of the crap and are willing to just lynch somebody, ANYBODY, just to get things moving.
I place Simenon's last statement as evidence #1.
I'll tell you exactly what needs to happen: You, me, and both roleblockers need to die, but I swear you are convincing me more and more that it only needs to be you to win the game.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Jahudo »

re-read on nhat's interactions with known scum:
nhat wrote:Simenon and Nureins have posts longer than John Holmes...On the whole though, none of it looks too scummy.
This was early on, I guess back when Sim was in true form.
nhat wrote:Nureins has absolutely no reason to be as verbose as he is...but it looks like a good opportunity for scum types to snipe at him freely and bandwagon.
He's talking about Ythill and then goes and FoS Ythill.
nhat wrote:I'm finding Habitang to be suspicious as all hell...Also, his excuses for hopping on and off and onto Jahudo are lighter than Zippos.
He then FoS habitang for that, then votes him when he has that emotional post that got more of us voting habitang.
nhat wrote:I don't see why those who voted for him are catching so much heat. Now we even have Cass coaching him after giving him the FoS, which is a bit strange to me.
He defends me for voting habitang but then he pushing suspicion to Cass.
nhat wrote:About Jahudo's case against habitang in post 411, I think that is a pretty good sum up. What I'd really like to know is why nureins decided to up and defend habitang out of the blue in post 413. Not just in passing, either, it was a long winded post.
FoS - Nureins
Wait, could nhat-scum have just thrown suspicion on his partner, nureins-scum, who was trying to defend his other partner habitang-scum?

And nearing the deadline nhat's top suspects were Ythill, then pacman, then nureins. When Darox became a suspect, however, nhat voted for Darox. His reasons for nureins were ridiculous but the reasons on pacman were more serious. Darox also wanted to vote pacman, but it was his lack of an explanation that got nhat to switch his vote.

It's funny that one of the people responsible for lynching Darox 1 might be used against Darox 2. From this re-read alone I am more confidant in lynching Darox. nhat might have been willing to bus pacman but he switched to Darox without putting much consideration into it.

Back to L-1,
Vote: Darox
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Ythill »

Reread complete.

Sim is town. He was targeted heavily by nuriens out of the blue, he argued for a pacman lynch when lynching pacman wasn’t cool, and he’s demonstrated plenty of honest curiosity throughout the game. His hunting has been flawed at times, but not in any way that suggests ulterior motives. His viewpoint changes naturally with the flow of evidence.

Nhat/Darox B is scum. He made nicey-nicey with the GF for no good reason. He was quick to attack habit, but made sure to link Cass to him while doing so, which stinks of the bus. He pursued a weak case against VI TPT ad nauseum (across two replacements) and was one of the first to raise the “playstyle” case against me. His attack on Sim (for “role fishing”) was pretty weak and his jump to Darox A was a stunning example of opportunism.

A skim of nuriens definitely implicates Darox B over Sim. One telling moment is in his 51st post, where he examines the habit wagon: nhat is given the immediate townie pass with almost no reasoning. Nuriens continues to treat nhat lightly throughout the game. One very telling aspect is that every one of nuriens attackers
except nhat
gets the OMGUS treatment.

The most telling piece of evidence in this whole reread was found in #663 by nhat, summed up in my own #667. We were discussing a compromise lynch and two players made actions which drastically affected the totals, moving the GF far away from the gallows. One of those players was nhat.

As a final note, anyone who insists on suspecting me (ahem… Ecto) should do a ctrl-F search for my name in nuriens’ posts. The dude attacked me, buddied to me, claimed that my read cleared pacman in his mind, and generally treated me exactly how I would expect scum to treat town.

Not that it matters because, unless Ecto is the SK, this game should be over right now.

Vote: Darox B
. Goodnight.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Nighty night
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ythill wrote:As a final note, anyone who insists on suspecting me (ahem… Ecto) should do a ctrl-F search for my name in nuriens’ posts. The dude attacked me, buddied to me, claimed that my read cleared pacman in his mind, and generally treated me exactly how I would expect scum to treat town.
That's very true. From my recollection of nureins, I would not expect Simenon/Ythill to be a buddy of his. To a lesser extent nureins liked to buddy to Cass making me think Cass is town, and I still think the Cass/habit interaction speaks of them not being buddies (giving legitimacy to the masons being town). I think nureins liked to buddy to town and ignore his scum buddies.

Ecto, any chance you want to shoot yourself tonight?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by Darox »

So Sim's claim parallel to mine pretty much eliminated the small window of opportunity I had for winning after being able to pick out both nuriens and habitang from the beginning.

Good night.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sounds like good news.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Ok, good. Ythill, next time, don't go 'hahaha whatever scum' please. Thank you.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Final Vote Count

Darox: (5) Simenon, Goatrevolt, Ectomancer, Jahudo, Ythill

Simenon: (1) kuribo

Not voting: sirdanilot, Darox, Cass

Confused was the crowd of the third night as Darox was forced onto the stage. "Didn't he already die right in front of the entire town?" whispered one onlooker to another. "Well as I like to say, you can never kill someone too many times." came the reply. The executioner didn't know how to introduce Darox, so he didn't. Strange, he did a pretty good job of it two nights ago. Instead, he dropped the formalities and cut right to the chase. "How about we just wait for him to die?" The crowd laughed at this. "No, seriously. I'm plumb out of ideas." Realizing he was serious, the crowd laughed even harder.

Darox didn't laugh though. Some things are only funny when they happen to someone else, immurement happens to be one of them. And even when it does happen to someone else, it gets stale quickly. Not five minutes into the show, the crowd left en masse.

They came back, though. With baseball bats, no less. (If you run a sporting goods store, you should try leading an angry mob someday.) The executioner welcomed a speedier death, but perhaps he wouldn't have if he'd known the crowd hated him more than Darox. The executioner was hit so quickly, you'd wonder why the candy isn't pouring out. Except that you wouldn't know that it wasn't, since he was engulfed completely by the crowd. More swings of the bat hit a fellow citizen than did the executioner in the ongoing panic.

Luckily for the increasingly injured mob, a seven-year-old girl was overwhelmed by the chaos and decided to just hit the otherwise unnoticed Darox instead. That got everyone's attention, fast. The angry crowd got back in their seats, anticipating more. Even the executioner, knowing he wasn't long for the world, felt his heart so warmed by the young girl's cuteness that he declared her the new town executioner. And she got to work fast. The glass ceiling in the field of execution was shattered along with Darox's kneecaps, ribcage, and skull. Darox died. Again.

Examining Darox's corpse, the forensic scientist reached a quick conclusion. "This Darox is missing all his teeth. The telltale sign of the town's elderly hobo. Say, why are all these teeth strewn across the stage?" Frustrated, the Lord of Justice took the stage. "Zombie Darox was the final threat to the town. The trial is over, there will be no more deaths."

"Like hell there won't!" defiantly shouted a well-dressed hunchback. "I paid for at least seven corpses. You give me four?" "Technically, only three..." "I would've chosen my last words more carefully." The graveyard mogul emptied a handgun into the Lord's skull. The crowd jeered his orthodox killing method, but he wasn't phased. "I've already paid a hitman to move here and take out all your doctors. The Graveyard Mafia will rule this town!"

But that's another story, for another game.

Darox
B
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 3.
Town wins! Modnotes forthcoming...
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Ythill »

Good show, teammates! That was a nice tidy win.

My apologies to Jah for the attacks, good job defending yourself. I'd apologize to sirdan to, but I still think he looks scummy. ;)

I think kuribo gets MVP.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Matin/Citizen Karne/Darox A, Andycyca/kuribo, and Goatrevolt's role PM wrote:You are a
Town Citizen
. Each night you may go to sleep, and ideally you will wake up. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Jahudo and Cass's role PM wrote:You are a
Town Mason
. You know that PLAYERNAME is not a threat to the town. You may talk with this player at night. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Ectomancer's role PM wrote:You are a
Town Vigilante
. Each night you may tell me the name of another player, and that player ideally will die. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Ythill's role PM wrote:You are a
Town Tracker
. Each night you may tell me the name of another player, and ideally you will learn who if anyone that player targeted that night. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Simenon's role PM wrote:You are a
Town Roleblocker
. Each night you may tell me the name of another player, and ideally that player will miss all targets that night. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
The Pope's Tiara/Tritch/sirdanilot's role PM wrote:You are a
Town One-Shot Doctor
. On one night and only one night, you may tell me the name of another player, and ideally that player will be protected from all kills that night. You win when all threats to the town are dead.
nhat/Darox B's role PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your mafia allies are PLAYERNAME, a
Watcher
, and PLAYERNAME, a
Godfather
. You may talk with these players at night. Each night one of you may tell me the name of a player, and ideally that player will die.

Furthermore, each night you may tell me the name of another player, and ideally that player will miss all targets that night. You cannot do this if you perform the kill that night. You win when nothing can prevent you from overtaking the town.
habitang/pacman281292's role PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Watcher
Roleblocker
, and PLAYERNAME, a
Godfather
. You may talk with these players at night. Each night one of you may tell me the name of a player, and ideally that player will die.

Furthermore, each night you may tell me the name of another player, and ideally you will learn who if anyone targeted that player that night. You cannot do this if you perform the kill that night. You win when nothing can prevent you from overtaking the town.
nureins's role PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Godfather
Roleblocker
, and PLAYERNAME, a
Watcher

Furthermore, you will ideally never be killed or found guilty at night. You win when nothing can prevent you from overtaking the town.
Night 1:
Ythill tracked Cass
Ectomancer killed pacman281292
Simenon blocked pacman281292
pacman281292 killed kuribo (failed)
nhat blocked sirdanilot

Night 2:
Ythill tracked sirdanilot
sirdanilot protected kuribo
Simenon blocked Cass
Ectomancer killed sirdanilot (failed)
DaroxB blocked Ectomancer
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by nureins »

Good game all. Unfortunately, the bunch of mafia did horribly and gave you all clues. We have just the poor excuse of our inexperience...

Kuribo came up with dozens of adequate observations. So congratulations for a wonderful performance. You deserve the MVP and this is not sarcastic.

The fact that you did not develop and ellaborate your comments as much as, for instance Ythill, was my only exit not to be lynched immediately after your entrance...I guess this is obvious and there is no need to add it here. But just in case, I wanted to do it. I was forced to write the words "shit player" when my sarcastic comments on you were not understood. I was framing you as a non-reflective player guided only by his emotions and biases...and I know this is a theater and I can use as mafia some strategies, but I do consider some limits cannot be surpassed...irony is the best way always to say things mantaining good humour if possible...so again, congratulations for your good observations...

Thank you all.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Nicely done town. Well played Kuribo. I feel bad about flaking out for half the game, but my scumdar was so off that it was probably strictly a benefit to the town. At least I was right about Darox B!
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Sirdanilot, you played a risky game lying about your night 1 protection.

Scum...why did pacman submit the kill and not nureins?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”