Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:01 am

Post by Talitha »

What makes it odd? The fact that you were only 1/3 of the way to a lynch and were already talking about partial claims. I could understand that from a newbie, but from you it's odd.

And what's the difference between offering and actually giving the info if we'd asked for it? Your intent is the same in both cases.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:21 pm

Post by Maverick »

First off, sorry everyone that I have been off for a couple of days, however, I did not get a chance to get online until now, and am now ungrounded! Yippee! heh. I should be posting regularly now..

Anyways, I went back and read previous things, and didn't really see anything too suspicious. I will start out first by
Unvote: Justinl
, seeing as it was just a random vote. I also noticed that Dourgrim was a little anxious to give up a rolename, but I don't find it too suspicious, so I'm not going to make any big deal out of it. To be totally honest, I really don't know who's the most suspicious right now, mainly because I don't find anyone suspicious. I think I'm going to wait and see what happens, hopefully the discussion will go a bit quicker, being gone two days, I only really missed a page of posts. (At least I didn't have much to catch up though)

*Maverick*
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The lurking is keeeeling me here...*bump* even though I'm still happy with my vote on nonny for now. Maybe it'll get better after the weekend.
Retired as of October 2014.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:13 am

Post by Talitha »

If nonny only has one post, she'd be an ideal candidate for a prodding.

Dourgrim should be back tomorrow and hopefully we can continue our spat :)
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:13 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Not going to set a deadline with it being the weekend and all. Will give a prod to nonny though.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by nonny »

I was gone on a last min trip all weekend will read and post more later.
*insert bad joke here*
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

I'm back after a VERY long weekend... miss me? :)
Talitha wrote:And what's the difference between offering and actually giving the info if we'd asked for it? Your intent is the same in both cases.
Again, incorrect. My intent was to see if the Town wanted my role name, not necessarily to give it. I find it curious that you now seem to have a deep understanding of my intentions, especially when you considered my offer "odd." Did I miss something here?

I'm now quite convinced my vote is well-placed. I would, however, request a new votecount at this point (even though there's one not so far up).

Also,
BIG FoS: justinl
for the "whatever" vote before. This is unacceptable in a game of Mafia IMO. If you're not going to discuss and debate a position, don't take the position in the first place. This looks to me like bandwagonning without purpose, which is (in my mind, at least) a typical scum move.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:55 pm

Post by justinl »

IS's logic convinced me.. It makes good sense to bandwagon an experienced player which you apparently are on the first day.. I could understand you finding it unacceptable maybe on day two, but who are we kidding when we say we can catch scum day 1?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

Dour: Are you saying you wouldn't necessarily have given your role name, even if we had taken you up on your offer?

I'm not budging my vote right now, either.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:09 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Uh.. My choice of Dourgrim is not due to any logic, I dont need any. My reasoning is simple that some ethereal force of instinctive nature told me to pick Dourgrim. In other words, its random.

But I like my pick, so ill stick to it because none of you can come up with anything better. Besides, Dourgrim is also doing a poor job of defending himself.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:15 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Talitha wrote:Dour: Are you saying you wouldn't necessarily have given your role name, even if we had taken you up on your offer?
No, I'm saying I think it's interesting that you believe you know precisely what I mean when I said that, but in the same breath labeled it "odd." Almost definitionally, if something is "odd" to someone, that person does not understand it... hence my attack and statement of suspicious contradiction.

Face it, Tally: you're trying to push the lynch over the edge with dodgy semantics, but the fact is you've changed your stance on this at least three times. And now you're trying to make it sound like you've been saying the same thing all along when, in fact, you haven't.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:17 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Internet Stranger wrote:Besides, Dourgrim is also doing a poor job of defending himself.
I always do, IS... it's probably my biggest weakness in Mafia. :(
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'm still supicious of Talitha from before, and Dourgrim has made some pretty good, logical points...I think I'm going to
reVOTE:Talitha
for now until I get something better to go on, if I get anything better...
Permanent V/LA.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

MOS: Could you tell me the good points Dourgrim has made against me, in your own words please, thanks.

Dourgrim, Why are you putting words in my mouth? When did I say I know precisely what you believe or what you were trying to do? Haven't I been asking questions to try and get you to clarify your intentions?
All I know is how it looks from here. I should have said that your actions were "odd for a pro-towner". They make a lot more sense if I put Dourgrim=scum into the equation. Hence my vote.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:05 pm

let's see here...first, there was the incident with Mr. Flay, where you scrounged up evidence on him well after the incident, when you should've mentioned it before if it had mattered...sounds like you are trying to make up reasons to pin someone down...now, there's the incident with dourgrim, where you are (apparently) misrepresenting his posts (i read them the same way he does) and
acting
(you didn't just come right out and say it) like you know exactly what he was trying to say in his posts while calling his posts "odd" at the same time...those two don't correlate...also, I think his reasoning on the offer to name his role was sound, not that I agree with it necessarily, and you are taking it a bit too far for my liking...that one point seems to be your only reason for voting dourgrim, and since I think that point is false, you are voting him for no logic at all...hence, my vote...along with a general "scummy" feeling I'm getting from you...
Permanent V/LA.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:59 pm

Post by Maverick »

My opinion on the "Talitha vs. Dourgrim" thing is that I think Talitha is doing a better job explaining things or giving reasons for what she has said. I, however, don't find Dourgrim suspicious either, but what do I know? I don't have much else to say, I still don't see anything suspicious, maybe if we sped things up a bit there would be more to go by..

*Maverick*
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:41 pm

Maverick wrote:My opinion on the "Talitha vs. Dourgrim" thing is that I think Talitha is doing a better job explaining things or giving reasons for what she has said. I, however, don't find Dourgrim suspicious either, but what do I know? I don't have much else to say, I still don't see anything suspicious, maybe if we sped things up a bit there would be more to go by..

*Maverick*
you've got a point there...ALL YOU SLACKERS, STARTING POSTING DAMNIT!!!!! :twisted:
Permanent V/LA.
tick
tick
Townie
tick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:43 pm

Post by tick »

vote justinl

That "whatever, vote dourgrim" post sticks out like a sore thumb.

Could you not be bothered putting in any effort at all to justify it?
justinl wrote:IS's logic convinced me.. It makes good sense to bandwagon an experienced player which you apparently are on the first day.. I could understand you finding it unacceptable maybe on day two, but who are we kidding when we say we can catch scum day 1?
If his logic convinced you, surely you could have made a point of that at the time?

And what exactly was IS's logic?
It seems to be pretty obvious he has absolutely no logic behind his vote other than a completely random vote he is sticking with to get the day over with.

Sure it is day 1, but why does that mean you have to just fall into the good ole day-1 slacking off routine?
Day 1 can be productive if people utilise it.

And then you say, we have no chance of catching a scum on day 1, so why bother? Lets just vote off an experienced player. That's a great move.
"City, it is I, the Tick, your destined defender...show me where it hurts!"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:52 pm

good point, tick...I'll keep that in mind...Justinl, care to explain yourself?
Permanent V/LA.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 pm

Post by Talitha »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:let's see here...first, there was the incident with Mr. Flay, where you scrounged up evidence on him well after the incident, when you should've mentioned it before if it had mattered...sounds like you are trying to make up reasons to pin someone down...
sigh.. I explained this at the time.
New evidence came to light when Assassin explained his vote.
It's not my fault if you don't read and think about my posts.
now, there's the incident with dourgrim, where you are (apparently) misrepresenting his posts (i read them the same way he does)
Please give one example.
and
acting
(you didn't just come right out and say it) like you know exactly what he was trying to say in his posts while calling his posts "odd" at the same time...those two don't correlate...
He was quite clear when he offered to claim. I took it at face value and I still say it was an odd thing for him to do.
also, I think his reasoning on the offer to name his role was sound, not that I agree with it necessarily, and you are taking it a bit too far for my liking...
A fair point, and you're entitled to your opinion.
that one point seems to be your only reason for voting dourgrim, and since I think that point is false, you are voting him for no logic at all...hence, my vote...along with a general "scummy" feeling I'm getting from you...
It's one of the most suspicious things that I have seen so far. What would you like me to do, vote for someone who I'm not suspicious of?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:00 am

Assasin wrote:
People who don't talk can't make mistakes.
so that means I'm always right, cool
I voted Dourgrim because he's evil, and I didn't need IS to tell me that
I know im repainting the target Tally put on Assassin for tonight. But does this mean that Assassin may know something? Do you lurker clowns want to force him to elaborate?

If not, vote Dourgrim already and lets move on!
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:01 am

Assasin wrote:
People who don't talk can't make mistakes.
so that means I'm always right, cool
I voted Dourgrim because he's evil, and I didn't need IS to tell me that
I know im repainting the target Tally put on Assassin for tonight. But does this mean that Assassin may know something? Do you lurker clowns want to force him to elaborate?

If not, vote Dourgrim already and lets move on!
Show

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm still not done with nonny since he said he'd reread and post and hasn't, but that justinl thing is too suspicious to pass up.

Unvote: Nonny, Vote: Justinl
for his "yeah, whatever" vote.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:03 am

Talitha wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:let's see here...first, there was the incident with Mr. Flay, where you scrounged up evidence on him well after the incident, when you should've mentioned it before if it had mattered...sounds like you are trying to make up reasons to pin someone down...
sigh.. I explained this at the time.
New evidence came to light when Assassin explained his vote.
It's not my fault if you don't read and think about my posts.
i did read your posts, and I guess I just didn't feel you explained yourself adequetely...so let's just agree to disagree, unless you have a different explanation for me...in which case you'd be changing your story, and I wouln't suggest that...
now, there's the incident with dourgrim, where you are (apparently) misrepresenting his posts (i read them the same way he does)
Please give one example.
example is below...you quoted it yourself...
and
acting
(you didn't just come right out and say it) like you know exactly what he was trying to say in his posts while calling his posts "odd" at the same time...those two don't correlate...
He was quite clear when he offered to claim. I took it at face value and I still say it was an odd thing for him to do.
fine...but i see his post differently than you, apparently, because it doesn't seem all that odd to me...
also, I think his reasoning on the offer to name his role was sound, not that I agree with it necessarily, and you are taking it a bit too far for my liking...
A fair point, and you're entitled to your opinion.
agreed...
that one point seems to be your only reason for voting dourgrim, and since I think that point is false, you are voting him for no logic at all...hence, my vote...along with a general "scummy" feeling I'm getting from you...
It's one of the most suspicious things that I have seen so far. What would you like me to do, vote for someone who I'm not suspicious of?
no, but I find your actions this game more suspicious, so I am voting for you...I don't really care who you vote for, as long as there is a logical reason for it...I feel that your reasons were invalid, and that is part of the reason I am voting for you

in other news, I'd really like to hear from justinl...he's just jumped to number two on my list, only behind tally because he's not around to explain himself yet...
FOS:justinl
Permanent V/LA.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:22 am

Post by Talitha »

MOS wrote:i did read your posts, and I guess I just didn't feel you explained yourself adequetely...so let's just agree to disagree, unless you have a different explanation for me...in which case you'd be changing your story, and I wouln't suggest that...
Why wouldn't you want me to change my story huh? If you really thought I was scum, you'd be looking to trip me up.
And if you really cared whether I am innocent, you'd be asking me for further explanation.
You've jumped to 3rd on my list. (Flay & Dour are tied for 1st place).
MOS wrote:i see his post differently than you, apparently, because it doesn't seem all that odd to me...
I assume then, that you have first hand experience of Dourgrim's mafia style? How many games have you played with him?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”