Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1516, Enchant wrote:
In post 1511, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 536, T3 wrote:But as you can see by post times I put in the effort to actually read your isos in your past 7 or so games and it took an hour and 16 minutes.
@echant
Well he didn't read mine, but it's something funny.

Like i don't know how desperate you need to read previous games. If for example i am scum here, aren't you supposed to use info gived here, not "Oh well on 2009 i saw Enchant stabbing ppl, probably doing it now". If this is only argumentation, well fuck.

I am not saying it useless, but if for condemn me you need to read previous games, then probably you just trying to condemn me at all cost?
I was explaining the minutes joke -_-
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1523, Dwlee99 wrote:I'll probably vote t3 again on reconsideration
Though you forsake the path of light for darkness. We accept you back into our warmth brother.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1525, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 536, T3 wrote:But as you can see by post times I put in the effort to actually read your isos in your past 7 or so games and it took an hour and 16 minutes.
@echant

Like i don't know how desperate you need to read previous games. If for example i am scum here, aren't you supposed to use info gived here, not "Oh well on 2009 i saw Enchant stabbing ppl, probably doing it now". If this is only argumentation, well fuck.

I am not saying it useless, but if for condemn me you need to read previous games, then probably you just trying to condemn me at all cost?
I was explaining the minutes joke -_-
Humor
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Enchant »

I trolled myself gg
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Hella Jeff »

can we keep enchant
man listen, stairs. i am TELLING you
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1485, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1478, osuka wrote:
In post 1468, Gamma Emerald wrote:Sometimes you withhold reads that don’t feel constructive, like unfounded paranoia
like filtering yourself is on a spectrum right? it’s not a discrete classification, there are levels to it and there are levels that i would say are damaging (too much noise?) and others that i think are scummy (too opaque?)

in any case i don’t see norwe’s point here - i understand it but it doesn’t make sense because it’s self-contradictory
Self-contradictory how
In post 1471, osuka wrote:
In post 1465, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1449, osuka wrote:"why do i write my unfiltered thoughts" is a scum problem, not a town problem. if you're town, then you're playing in a townie way unless doing otherwise intentionally - so your unfiltered thoughts probably look townie, because they are
Then why do i often get called scum when i am in fact town in a lot of previous game where i am unfiltered?
I don’t really agree it’s a scum problem.
As scum you’re naturally going to play more filtered and withhold or spew information you wouldn’t naturally make. Because your goal isn’t to be genuine but just make up a narrative that fits your goal of protecting yourself and your scum mates.
isn’t that the whole point? it sounds like you’re agreeing with me, but you’re contradicting yourself in the process

you said that scum usually filters (correct), but also that you get scumread for turning the filter off - isn’t that a contradiction? if filtering is scum behavior, isn’t not doing that… not? if so, wouldn’t you get townread for posting genuine thoughts even if they’re occasionally confused? if that’s the case, isn’t that the exact opposite of a problem?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:08 am

Post by osuka »

@echant

i'm usually critical of reads overly based on meta but this is a bad take. some players have tells that you can pick out by reading previous games and seeing patterns in games you know the outcome of in terms of their alignment, then try to classify the current game based off of that information

it only really bothers me when people try to pretend it's a super high confidence read when all it is is just meta

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like it’s a bit of a personality issue you’re having with Norwegian
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:09 am

Post by osuka »

ive played together with norwe and i haven't had problems in the past, not sure why it's an issue now

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1528, Enchant wrote:I trolled myself gg
Dancing with myself, oh-oh
Dancing with myself
When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove
Well I'm dancing with myself

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1533, osuka wrote:ive played together with norwe and i haven't had problems in the past, not sure why it's an issue now
He’s kinda been in a rough spot recently I think?
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1535, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1533, osuka wrote:ive played together with norwe and i haven't had problems in the past, not sure why it's an issue now
He’s kinda been in a rough spot recently I think?
Why should this have anything to do with it?
Besides why is it an personality issue in general? I feel like Osuka just doesn't get what i'm saying. But that doesn't mean there are issues.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:38 am

Post by osuka »

no i get what you're saying, i just don't understand how you got there. what you've said so far makes sense in terms of thought process but not logically, so i'm inclined to say it's wrong but i know you're not dumb (much to the opposite really) so i'm not immediately dismissing it as being wrong

make sense?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1471, osuka wrote:you said that scum usually filters (correct), but also that you get scumread for turning the filter off - isn’t that a contradiction? if filtering is scum behavior, isn’t not doing that… not? if so, wouldn’t you get townread for posting genuine thoughts even if they’re occasionally confused? if that’s the case, isn’t that the exact opposite of a problem?
Basically i'm saying that both scum and town can filter their thoughts based on an variety of reasons. But only town will truly and honestly act unfiltered, and doing so as scum just isn't possible. (Unless you just don't look at your role role pm, which is against the rules.)
And Azarrias play has felt unfiltered and honest.

For example, i would say i've been filtering my play in a variety of games. For example in an example game, I may actually heavily scumread "player X" but i am pretending like i don't scumread them, because i know "player X" has a lot of sway and could easily destroy my own credibility if i got on their bad side. So even though i scumread them i might hide my read for later and only push it when it is advantageous and has some potential of success.
In my history of games i've often been pushing a lot of slots that were universally townread by other players even though i believed they were scummy or not nearly as townie as claimed, but that just created a lot of thread noise and plummeted my own credibility exponentially without me actually succeeding in convincing the other players to eliminate that player. So it is sometimes better to be dishonest and either hide your read or reads progression, and then later in the game you might get a better chance to push there. Or maybe even realize that they were in fact town, and thus hiding our real feelings was beneficial for: us as a town. (Because then scum can't bring up that you scumread a widely townread player at an later point)

If i were to go against this and be 100% honest and unfiltered i would be unmistakably town, but a lot of players don't see it this way because they are either new or never learned to recognize the signs. So even though you'd be playing as town, a lot of player could turn against you and call you scum, and mafia could take the opportunity to miseliminate you just because you were so honest and said things that were scandalous or too reckless.

Basically this sums up to mafia not just being an game about having good reads. But also having a good enough charisma to actually push them, and convince other town players to join your cause. And make sure your credibility doesn't get so low that even though you may know who the scum are, everyone just laughs at you and doesn't take your reads seriously, or worse: thinks you are scum trying to push a town miselimination.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah Norwegian is saying things I agree with here
<Embrace The Void>

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Enchant »

I am charismatistic as rock
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:11 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1521, Enchant wrote:I
read
skimmed my previous body iso and consider this enough for game.

Any questions?
yes a replacement time to content stuff
I’ve seen enchant have this same attitude as scum but it might be a personality thing
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Vote Count 1.0.9
T3 (4) NorwegianboyEE, Something_Smart, April Ludgate, Dwlee99 [E-3]
Enchant (3) osuka, T3, geraintm
Almost50 (1) Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald (1) Almost50
osuka (1) Enchant
Not Voting (3) Holiday, Andante, Hella Jeff

Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-23 05:34:53)

Mod Notes:
VC is done by hand. Please let me know if I mess something up.
Enchant replaces Azaariah.
[/b]
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1541, T3 wrote:
In post 1521, Enchant wrote:I
read
skimmed my previous body iso and consider this enough for game.

Any questions?
yes a replacement time to content stuff
I’ve seen enchant have this same attitude as scum but it might be a personality thing
-_-
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: t3
<Embrace The Void>

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1544, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: t3
y
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Consolidating
<Embrace The Void>

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by T3 »

what have i done
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not been towny enough lol
<Embrace The Void>

Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Hella Jeff »

In post 1546, Gamma Emerald wrote:Consolidating
isn't it a bit too early to start voting like that :eyes:
man listen, stairs. i am TELLING you

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”