Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-2

This is a topographic map of the Roman Empire in the year 117 CE. This game day will be dedicated to the engineering challenges and solutions involved in construction of the Viae Romanae transportation system.

T3
(2): Val89, yeezys
yeezys
(1): Looker
Val89
(1): T3

Not Voting
(3): MBot, fixer, kennyk

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: November 27, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-28 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 672, Looker wrote:Are you saying scum is on T3's wagon
no bc me and val are the only people pushing it, and both of us are town. not sure how you got to that conclusion.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Looker »

Spoiler: At the risk of WIFOM pending a miselim
MBot

T3

Val89

fixer

yeezys or kennyk
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 671, yeezys wrote:personally dont think looker's scum, as if that were the case they'd probably jump onto the t3 vote and make it a wagon for an easy mis-elim
How is this different from what you're doing?
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by MBot »

I agree that Andres last post was too genuinely town to leave him with much doubt. If they were scum with Koba then there would be zero reason to make that kind of statement. Remember that the remaining mafia wants us as much in the dark and guessing as possible.

Yeezy and Val would have to be extremely ballsy to be playing the way they did with fellow Mafia players on D1. Too much risk there and too obvious if Koba was voted out. Koba tried to play super aggressive scum hunting town so I'm almost positive that the other baddie is one of the less prominent players from d1. I'll reread tomorrow at some point with the knowledge that Koba is scum to see if anything share worthy catches my eye.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:37 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 679, MBot wrote:I agree that Andres last post was too genuinely town to leave him with much doubt. If they were scum with Koba then there would be zero reason to make that kind of statement. Remember that the remaining mafia wants us as much in the dark and guessing as possible.

Yeezy and Val would have to be extremely ballsy to be playing the way they did with fellow Mafia players on D1. Too much risk there and too obvious if Koba was voted out. Koba tried to play super aggressive scum hunting town so I'm almost positive that the other baddie is one of the less prominent players from d1. I'll reread tomorrow at some point with the knowledge that Koba is scum to see if anything share worthy catches my eye.
So if yeezyz or Val were scum, their play was too obvious if Koba was voted out. Koba was voted out. Does that mean they are both scum, too? I think I get what you wanted to say, but the words don't make sense.

I guess you are right about the less prominent players being a good go to point.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Val89 »

What does that spoiler tag mean, Looker?
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:22 am

Post by MBot »

I was meaning that being so interactive with Koba as scum buddies would be a huge risk. I doubt they would draw so much attention to themselves. This is a newbie game so maybe I'm overthinking scum plays here because it could easily go either way. Something to keep in mind until someone is cleared by ability use. We're definitely not at the point to need reveals.

Val and Kenny are in my town reads while yeezy is nul. Looker and Fixer are at the bottom and I have no idea where to put T3 with his plays. I can maybe believe he was WKing Koba because he felt so strongly but its still odd. Personally, when I play a game with someone I know then I count them as scum until proven otherwise. Trust no one! :lol:
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by yeezys »

i'm not scum <3
if u want me to find a more convincing way to say it, suck it up lmao how else do i phrase it
anyways out of the remaining people i personally think t3 shld be the hang for today, and if he flips town looker should be hung next due to poe. if looker flips town.. welp. maybe mbot or kenny???? idk t3's just scummy and looker is really the only null i have
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-3

About that Roman transportation engineering: roads consisted of several layers whose purposes were to bear the weight of heavy carts, prevent water and mud from pooling, and provide a smooth top surface for ease of travel.

T3
(2): Val89, yeezys
yeezys
(1): Looker
Val89
(1): T3

Not Voting
(3): MBot, fixer, kennyk

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: November 27, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-28 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

T3 has been prodded.

Idic
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am

Post by T3 »

no, i am not scum who gave up.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:11 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 686, T3 wrote:no, i am not scum who gave up.
maybe bring back some of that energy you had when you replaced in and you (might) live
of course there's not exactly a point of letting you live when u are literally scum but whatever kekw
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:35 am

Post by T3 »

In post 687, yeezys wrote:
In post 686, T3 wrote:no, i am not scum who gave up.
maybe bring back some of that energy you had when you replaced in and you (might) live
of course there's not exactly a point of letting you live when u are literally scum but whatever kekw
whenever I replace in I do a lot of posts and then I drop off the face of the earth
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:35 am

Post by T3 »

I still scum read val
fixer
fixer
Townie
fixer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:45 am

Post by fixer »

In post 689, T3 wrote:I still scum read val
could you explain why please i still don't see it;;

also what are the rest of ur reads day 2 wise while ur here
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:07 am

Post by T3 »

koba pushed val
when val started to get a lot of votes koba immediately walked back on it
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 691, T3 wrote:koba pushed val
when val started to get a lot of votes koba immediately walked back on it
koba pushed val bc val pushed koba first kekw
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:01 am

Post by yeezys »

i want the 696th post but oh well, i guess not because no one else is posting!!
@kenny, i don't think i've seen you post yet, so what's your take on t3 and looker?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Looker »

In post 681, Val89 wrote:What does that spoiler tag mean, Looker?
WIFOM
It's like if I say "Player X is scum" and then I die overnight. It can be interpreted multiple ways because Player X could kill me and say "I was framed; I wouldn't make that obvious kill, so it must have been someone else (Player Y)." Meanwhile, Player Y could kill me and say "Obviously, it was Player X - Looker called Player X scum and then Player X killed Looker." It's a way of trying to outguess the outguesser.

Non-voters:
  • MBot
    In post 679, MBot wrote:Yeezy and Val would have to be extremely ballsy to be playing the way they did with fellow Mafia players on D1.
    In post 682, MBot wrote:Val and Kenny are in my town reads while yeezy is nul. Looker and Fixer are at the bottom and I have no idea where to put T3 with his plays. I can maybe believe he was WKing Koba because he felt so strongly but its still odd. Personally, when I play a game with someone I know then I count them as scum until proven otherwise. Trust no one! :lol:
    Why would ballsy!Val=town but not ballsy!Yeezy? Is kenny town because of yesterday's wagon? Are fixer and I at the bottom for similar reasons?
  • fixer
    In post 670, fixer wrote:I didn't count the votes properly whoops, I thought I saw a third vote ;; Either way I guess I won't put a vote on T3 yet
  • kennyk
    In post 668, Val89 wrote:I still get a whiff of PR fishing from some parts of those kennyk posts, but I'm not seeing how, with half the field almost falling over each other to openly sheep Koba reads, they then decide to point those sheep towards their partner rather than at least attempt a mislim, so I'm taking kennyk out of my PoE at this point, along with MBot.
    In post 680, kennyk wrote:
    Spoiler:
    In post 679, MBot wrote:I agree that Andres last post was too genuinely town to leave him with much doubt. If they were scum with Koba then there would be zero reason to make that kind of statement. Remember that the remaining mafia wants us as much in the dark and guessing as possible.

So if yeezyz or Val were scum, their play was too obvious if Koba was voted out. Koba was voted out. Does that mean they are both scum, too? I think I get what you wanted to say, but the words don't make sense.

I guess you are right about the less prominent players being a good go to point.
    With which less prominent player would you like to start?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Looker »

That sucks
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Looker »

In post 693, yeezys wrote:i want the 696th post but oh well, i guess not because no one else is posting!!
@kenny, i don't think i've seen you post yet, so what's your take on t3 and looker?
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by MBot »

I just don't see why Val and Koba would go at it like they did if they were both scum. Koba went after Val aggressively and Val seemed genuinely frustrated rather then it being a mafia play. Yeezy was pocketed and shifted when Koba started getting more sketchy. The buddy buddy act would be too obvious to take out Yeezy when Koba flipped.. Unless he's just that good? WIFOM.

Fixer and Looker are at the bottom because Fixer could be just hanging around watching the show and Looker has very few original thoughts/opinions. It's mostly asking questions and quoting to participate.

I'm sticking with the thought that mafia is playing safe and trying not to scum hunt too hard because it will come across as grasping at BS.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Looker »

Asking questions and quoting to participate is the game.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Looker »

Also, re:original, whose stances have I been following?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”