al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 am

Post by al4xz »

Damnit, looks like it didn't work...

Well, in any case, I posted a vote on Juls without any reasoning somewhere up in that clump. I was looking to get a reaction of her, but from the looks of it none of the town even noticed. So,
Unvote

Alright, Scheh's case now. Percy has done a truly excellant PBPA, so a medal for Percy (xD). Now, here are the possibilities:
1. Scheh is a skilled Mafia player who did a good job hiding his true intentions behind the mask of a Townie. Scum.
2. Inexperienced player to Mafia. Town/Scum. - Out of the question, he's claimed experience. And if he denies that, he's a liar. LAL! Cept for doc liars.
3. Slip-up made by a skilled mafia player, but was read differently from what he ment to convey. Town.

Personnally, everything dictates that Scheh is #1. Now, I'm uneasy to place my vote so early and join a bandwagon that's heating up so fast only on the fourth page. YOu can call it fencesitting if you want, but for now, a heavy
FoS
on Scheh.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:46 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #3 of Day 1

Scheherazade (5) -- strife220, Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, ribwich
al4xz (2) -- Caboose, iamausername
ribwich (1) -- Jazzmyn
TAX (1) -- DoomCow
Caboose (1) -- al4xz
Percy (1) -- DerHammer
Juls (1) -- Vi
Vi (1) -- TAX

Not Voting (3) -- Scheherazade, BobHiggs, ZazieR

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

Gerrendus wrote:And I'm not sure about the rules on editing here, I know we frown on it at the otehr site I play mafia on
Yeah, you can't edit posts here. Like, not only is it not allowed, it's also physically impossible for you to do so. Go on, try it.
Vi wrote:FoS is basically getting up on a high horse and saying
I formally accuse you of suspicious activity using
bold
text!
when that should already be apparent from your reason for your FoSing in the first place. In other words, it's overrated, pretentious, and only good for being parodied (i.e. Middle Finger of Suspicion).
:D Vi is obvtown. OK, no. But she is awesome.
Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:good start with the goon being killed.
My new #2 scum suspect. Sheh + Der = scumpair.
Hmm, thats exactly the sort of reaction I was probing for.
Your my new #4 scum suspect.
So wait, are you saying you did something deliberately scummy to see who would call you on it, and that anyone who does so is suspicious?
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Also, if strife is #4, who are the first three?

On the other hand; strife, you specifically mentioned Hammer as Zade's scum partner. Is there anything that specifically links them to each other, or is it just "I think Zade is scum and I think Hammer is scum, therefore they are scum together"?

I think Percy has some excellent points against Zade, but he has enough votes to be getting along with for now. We'll see how he responds.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by ribwich »

al4xz wrote:1. Scheh is a skilled Mafia player who did a good job hiding his true intentions behind the mask of a Townie. Scum.
2. Inexperienced player to Mafia. Town/Scum. - Out of the question, he's claimed experience. And if he denies that, he's a liar. LAL! Cept for doc liars.
3. Slip-up made by a skilled mafia player, but was read differently from what he ment to convey. Town.
If the first were the case, I wouldn't exactly say he did a good job at it. :P
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Juls »

iamusername wrote:
Vi wrote: FoS is basically getting up on a high horse and saying I formally accuse you of suspicious activity using bold text! when that should already be apparent from your reason for your FoSing in the first place. In other words, it's overrated, pretentious, and only good for being parodied (i.e. Middle Finger of Suspicion).
Vi is obvtown. OK, no. But she is awesome.
I have to admit, I LOL'd
-------------------------------------
Juls
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Juls wrote:
iamusername wrote:
Vi wrote: FoS is basically getting up on a high horse and saying I formally accuse you of suspicious activity using bold text! when that should already be apparent from your reason for your FoSing in the first place. In other words, it's overrated, pretentious, and only good for being parodied (i.e. Middle Finger of Suspicion).
Vi is obvtown. OK, no. But she is awesome.
I have to admit, I LOL'd

Me, too. :D
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Wait... you said something scummy in hopes that scum would call you in it? And now that you 'caught' me, I'm now your FOURTH suspect?
Explain what sort of reaction you were looking for, what your 'probe' was (e.g. your comment was intentionally scummy?), and why you would probe for such a reaction if it doesn't warrant any real action from you.

iamausername wrote:On the other hand; strife, you specifically mentioned Hammer as Zade's scum partner. Is there anything that specifically links them to each other, or is it just "I think Zade is scum and I think Hammer is scum, therefore they are scum together"?.

The latter
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Jazzmyn
, welcome to the game. Is there anything you'd like to say about what's going on?

DoomCow
, same. Any stance you want to take on the general mess going on right now?

TAX
, you've still got a question to answer when you get back - this is a reminder.

Mod: What is the status on
BobHiggs?

Caboose
- Based on Post 81, who is scummiest (or most deserving of a vote, if they are not the same for some reason)?

Der Hammer
-
Der Hammer 65 wrote:have I missed something or is their a reason why insane doctor has even been mentioned yet

Vote:Percy
Isn't this a
non sequitur?

ZazieR
, you ARE in this game, right? If you are not watching this topic, then consider this a psychic poke to get you going :P

strife220:
strife 106 wrote:And now that you 'caught' me, I'm now your FOURTH suspect?
I think he was mocking you calling him his SECOND suspect.
Anyway, why did you choose that username?

Juls
, how do you pronounce your username? The way I'm doing it, I'm getting flashbacks of Wayside School.

Mod: Why is this game called New Age Mafia?
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by TAX »

@TAX: Why "another" random vote? And why not place it on the person you find suspicious? Not that I mind a vote on me, but your motives are sketchy.
I really don't find too many people too suspicious. I do see some that if they do something suspicious again, I will vote for them.
^ I believe Socrates once said that.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Caboose »

Vi wrote:Caboose - Based on Post 81, who is scummiest (or most deserving of a vote, if they are not the same for some reason)?
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking? Please clarify the question.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Juls »

Vi wrote:Juls, how do you pronounce your username? The way I'm doing it, I'm getting flashbacks of Wayside School.
Short form of Juliet
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

TAX wrote:
@TAX: Why "another" random vote? And why not place it on the person you find suspicious? Not that I mind a vote on me, but your motives are sketchy.
I really don't find too many people too suspicious. I do see some that if they do something suspicious again, I will vote for them.
All right, let me clarify. Your motives are--

Unvote: Juls
Vote: TAX

--THIS sketchy.
You don't find "too many" people too suspicious, so you put out another random vote - for what reason; how would that change anything? Meanwhile, you see "some" people you would vote "if they do something suspicious again". Telling us who they are would be nice.

It's okay to be unsure of how to proceed, as people will likely ask you questions if you say so. But it's never okay to put out a façade of activity.

-----

@Caboose: 81 is the new 89. Didn't you read that in the wiki? :D
"Based on your last post", in other words.
Caboose 89 wrote:My point was just that the fact that you're newer to the site makes the argument of role fishing a little weaker to me, because you're exactly how I was when I came to this site (and I wasn't scum in my first game, either).
In light of this, who is then scummiest?

-----

@Juls: Ah, I was right. I hope I'm not the only person who knows who Mrs. Jewls is, though <.<;
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by TAX »

Random voting usually help a little in finding scum. Like how they react to votes and what not. Thats why I did another random vote. If you would like me to name name then Scheherazade and Derhammer are the two most suspicious to me. I do not want to vote Scheherazade because I don't want to be to quick to vote someone out.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Incognito 101 wrote:Scheherazade (
) -- strife220, Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, ribwich
With 16 alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
I don't see L-4 as a danger zone for a lynch.

Also, would you say your random vote helped find scum this time?
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by TAX »

It is pretty close. If I was to vote him he would be at L-3.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by ribwich »

L-3 isn't a big deal either. If scum is actually dumb enough to turn that into a quicklynch, they might as well paint targets on their heads.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

[quote="iamausername
Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
So wait, are you saying you did something deliberately scummy to see who would call you on it, and that anyone who does so is suspicious?
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Also, if strife is #4, who are the first three?
[/quote]

Yeah, my post was an attempt at humour. I had one post where I commented that it was good for the town that a member of the mafia had died, and someone acted as if that was a huge slip-up and made me his number 2 suspect with a post that stunk of self-satisfaction so I did the same.

I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
You used to be alright
What happened?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:40 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vi wrote:ZazieR, you ARE in this game, right? If you are not watching this topic, then consider this a psychic poke to get you going :).
I know. If you didn't see it yet, I have already posted before this post and not including the confirm post.
al4xz wrote:Well, in any case, I posted a vote on Juls without any reasoning somewhere up in that clump. I was looking to get a reaction of her, but from the looks of it none of the town even noticed. So, Unvote.
There were players who noticed it and gave some comments about it. But what kind of reaction were you expecting?
TAX wrote:If you would like me to name then Scheherazade and Derhammer are the two most suspicious to me.
Why?
Also if you have two players you find suspicious, then why didn't you vote one of them instead of another random vote. You gave your (bad in my opinion) reasons for not voting Scheza, but why didn't you vote Der Hammer?
Der Hammer wrote:I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
This is plain wrong!
Vote Der Hammer
Ignore the ''R''
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Scheherazade »

@ZazieR: Why vote Der Hammer? Is it really on the strength of that one statement? Surely that's awfully obvious. Is there any corroborating evidence in your mind?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

You want an explanation why that part of DHammer's post is wrong. But you didn't want to hear why Juls FoSed instead of voting you, you gave no comment about al4xz's vote against Juls and you didn't complain about TAX's second random vote, while he saw two other players as suspicious.

Not mentioning Percy's post where he talked only about your posts and possibly started your bandwagon. I'm surprised that your first post is asking why I voted someone, while you didn't do that with other players and while you have to defend yourself.

But to answer your question: That statement is largely the reason why I voted him. The other post which caught my attention was where he gave his comment about Strife's post. Strife was serious, and he joked about it. In his last post, he mentions Strife's post again, by saying that he's not linked with you. Does he expect that all the other players now think he has nothing to do with you? I don't.
Then I'm bothered that he's saying that he's just a lowly vanilla. How is this helping?
And even worse is his last sentence I quoted: Look elsewhere!

Having said this
Fos Scherazade
Ignore the ''R''
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Scheherazade »

@ZazieR: Why repeat questions I've been beaten to asking? People have been over those like ants.

I know what sort of person Percy is. Arguing with him is going to waste town time. It's going to be more effective to defend myself against reasonable players who hold their own positions than against him. With the votes-to-lynch so high, I feel that I can do that if I need to, when the time comes.

Anyway, thanks for telling me your thoughts on Der Hammer. I guess it's not much weaker than any other case used as a basis of voting so far. You just seemed pretty convinced--I wondered if there was a lot more behind it.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:06 am

Post by ribwich »

Percy made very many valid points in his post, and your refusal to even try to defend yourself against them just makes you look more suspicious.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Scheherazade »

Why? His entire case comes down to "All attempts to convince me that it couldn't have been at all about rolefishing have failed - it could have been a very subtle catalyst of a gigantic rolefish. You also know that only scum rolefish, and want all of us to believe it too. Putting that all together is a bad combination for you."

So he suspects me because:

a) I haven't proved the accusation of role-fishing absolutely wrong beyond the dim light of his suspicion.
b) He thinks that "I'm not a complete newb, so don't excuse me on that account" is the same as saying "I'm a mafia guru," and therefore he can't exclude the possibility that I'm really masterminding some massive gambit against you all.
c) He can't see my motive (that's why he keeps having to provide his own fantasies).
d) I dismiss an early claim of role-fishing by pointing out that I asked about anti-town players.
e) I say that role-fishing's a bad idea.

Essentially, he hasn't addressed the fact that I wanted to talk about setup, he's provided his own shaky motives for me, he's flat out misread several statements of mine, and he thinks that it's scummy to say "role-fishing is bad, except when it's scum you're outing."

So, if you expect me to prove beyond a doubt that 100% honest about everything I've posted before you'll consider not voting for me, then I guess I deserve your vote.
So, if you think that I'm truly some amazing mafia player who's secretly trying to deceive all of you, then I guess I deserve your vote.
So, if you think his motives are more likely than the ones I provided, my real motives, then I guess I deserve your vote.
So, if you think it's role-fishing to speculate about the setup of the anti-town factions and to point out that there might be an anti-town doctor, then I guess I deserve your vote.
So, if you role-fishing's a good idea for mafia in my circumstances, then I guess I deserve your vote.

If, however, you're more interested in finding mafia than evaluating the semantics of a statement that initially aroused suspicion from only one player, but was correctly identified by other experience players as speculation about the setup, if you honestly think that Percy didn't jump on a bandwagon (he didn't vote until after I had two votes and a "FoS" and when he voted he said that he suspected my initial post after having ignored it for three pages), if you think that Percy has posted more than misreadings and weakly disguised "if I were scum" logic, then maybe you'll quit calling on me to opine on the dead horse that's attracted flies.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:14 am

Post by al4xz »

ZazieR wrote:
al4xz wrote:Well, in any case, I posted a vote on Juls without any reasoning somewhere up in that clump. I was looking to get a reaction of her, but from the looks of it none of the town even noticed. So, Unvote.
There were players who noticed it and gave some comments about it. But what kind of reaction were you expecting?
I was looking for a over-the-rooftops explosion from Juls, or something along those lines. Something involving attention shifting from Juls. Seeing as I didn't get any reaction (or very little), I decided to call off my little bluff.
I may or may not comment on what the others wrote, mainly because I'm in deep shit right now (I'm in a spot of trouble). Expect something Thursday or Friday.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Scheherazade wrote:You just seemed pretty convinced--I wondered if there was a lot more behind it.
There is nothing behind it. He's deluded. Clear scumtells
You used to be alright
What happened?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”