mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Spoiler: Response to Ivan
In post 678, That Idiot Ivan wrote:You come into the day after sheeping LLD on an incorrect wagon, but have nothing to say about that state of affairs.
Why would I have something to say?

I had to keep my promise to sheep LLD.

I didn't have a strong read on Dwlee--I'd not vote Dwlee on my own, but it was at least
plausible
for Dwlee to be scum. I didn't think it was
probable
, but I had to keep my promise even though my preference was Bombay or SirCakez.

Now unchained from the promise, I'm following what I'd have done without the promise.
In post 678, That Idiot Ivan wrote:You return immediately to your previous day's scum read despite new information from flips.
What new information is provided from the flips? Nothing in Dwlee town (Dwlee was null) or skitter town (skitter was town) changes my previous reads; it only strengthens them. Bombay and SirCakez don't become less scum from those; they become more scum.
In post 678, That Idiot Ivan wrote: Then despite the plurality rules in play, you immediately jump onto a purported secondary scum read (that has absolutely nothing in your posting to persuade anyone of its likelihood).
I have good reason to sheep jjh, actually. And I admit it's a bit underhanded, but I've good reason to make sure a scumread is the top elimination by plurality rules--plurality is here whether we like it or not, and I'm not going to let a townread get voted out by plurality.

Speaking of which:
In post 678, That Idiot Ivan wrote: No probing into your previous strong town read of Suripoko despite their obnoxious hammer.
Funny choice of words you use there. (I am rather big on word choice. Autistic thing.)

You call the hammer 'obnoxious' rather than calling it 'scumclaim', 'anti-town', or even 'scummy'.

That
you
don't call it any of those should tell you my answer: you're right, the hammer is obnoxious. It was not scummy, it was not a scumclaim, it was arguably not even anti-town. So why would I question them on it when it is none of those things?
Outside of the spoiler tho, I'll add that one thing
has
changed overnight, and it is in part from this post: Ivan moves from Nullscum to a proper scumread. Not SirCakez/Bombay levels, but also more than a scumlean. SirCakez/Bombay are confscum/strong scum, but Ivan's still scum.

The proof is in the usage of the word 'obnoxious' rather than anything indicating a view of Suripoko being scum. 'Obnoxious' is actually a descriptor you use when
you believe
(or, more damningly,
you know
)
the slot to be town
In post 678, That Idiot Ivan wrote:No probing into your previous strong town read of Suripoko despite their
obnoxious
hammer.
This word usage is literally a scumclaim from Ivan, because it's a scumslip of knowing Suripoko to be town.

Add in the defense of SirCakez (who is lockscum), and you've got a damn good candidate for final scum. Speaking of which tho:
In post 635, SirCakez wrote:I need to go back to the drawing board here because I felt pretty good that Dwlee was scum and obv not
It drives me crazy that they were lying about the chess and maybe that's what I was feeling there
I'm liking my SirCakez vote a whole lot more than I already was, thanks for the idea jjh. <3
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 685, SirCakez wrote:Ok but regardless of whose to blame that hammer still sucked
Note this wording, too.
'still sucked'.

If Suripoko were scum, the hammer would not have sucked--it'd be Suripoko playing to wincon.

A hammer sucking implies the hammerer is the same alignment of the player being hammered--town.

Both Ivan and SirCakez have used words with zero connotations to scumminess/scumness of the slot and which actually have the opposite connotation--implying Suripoko to be town.

Coincidence?

I think not!

There's a damn good reason I think they're both scum here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by mastina »

(Note, while technically Rogue's usage of 'awful' for the hammer also fits the same category as Ivan's 'obnoxious' and SirCakez's 'sucked', Rogue isn't lumped with them because Rogue's not voting off of it being an awful hammer, Rogue's voting off of it being an awful hammer
with prior experience
with Pooky and awful hammers. SirCakez and Ivan however do not have that.)
In post 709, StrangeMatter wrote:Suspecting there’s likely one (two has potential but not as likely) of {Rogue, SirCakez, That Idiot Ivan} as said above. I want to look more into these right now, though continuing on a conversation about this is pointless and a waste of time.
Might I bring you to the point that both SirCakez and Ivan have basically scumslipped that they know Suripoko is town and that Ivan is defending SirCakez and that both are voting Suripoko when there's plurality rules in effect in spite of them having used words which betray their knowledge of Suripoko being town?

I tell you, they're both scum.
In post 705, The Bombay wrote:VOTE: StrangeMatter
That Bombay is voting you after you've fingered 2/3 should tell you who the third is.

It's literally {SirCakez, Ivan, The Bombay} here as the scumteam.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:24 am

Post by jjh927 »

Do you have box
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:25 am

Post by T3 »

In post 757, That Idiot Ivan wrote:
In post 721, StrangeMatter wrote:And Rogue that doesn’t explain anything. How did you come to the conclusion to draw attention to a really bad play? Because I’m still having trouble understanding why someone on town says that and it makes more sense to be something Mafia says.
The hammer was beyond a bad play. This isn't a case of some new player ignorantly quick hammering. Suripoko are making very deliberate choices here. They started out with a gimmick to avoid having to go on record with any actual arguments. Then they quick hammered the first wagon they could. They're taking refuge in charm, amusement value, and audacity.

This isn't town behavior. Pooky will quickhammer a wagon, sure--as scum.

Why are you defending them? Just what redeeming features do you see in anything they've posted? And why should anyone townread a single post they've made?
VOTE: Suripoko
wait this could be good. i've seen pooky openwolf and lolhammer as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 778, jjh927 wrote:Do you have box
I realize you asked everyone to claim but I was actually planning on not claiming it openly, not yet at least.

But since you probably don't want to wait until like D3 to receive the news, no, I've not had a box at any point.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

V/LA through January 16

Will try to post when I can but I'm seeing some friends I only see a few times a year so no promises.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Rogue »

I don’t like chess nor do we have a box.

@Luke- change your background on one of the two accounts to signal you’re on the wrong account.

I’ll be here on lunch
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 am

Post by That Idiot Ivan »

In post 777, mastina wrote:Rogue's voting off of it being an awful hammer with prior experience with Pooky and awful hammers. SirCakez and Ivan however do not have that.
How on earth would you know that? Even if I didn't reject your entire premise that I'm allowed to find something simultaneously scummy and obnoxious, this is enough for me to conclude that you're tunnel-visioning to a disturbing extent.

Or did you really think morph let a player with zero on-site experience into a presumed role-madness Upick as a first game?

Not interested in claiming box possession or chess involvement without a much more compelling reason than "I wanna know."
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:05 am

Post by jjh927 »

My first game on site was a large role madness upick

But yeah I guess you're an alt
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 am

In post 774, jjh927 wrote:Are you saying you wouldn't have voted if you knew it was e-1?
Given the playerlist, I would have declared E-1 intent.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

Regarding boxes, I want to know because it is beneficial to my role to know and by extension it is beneficial to town
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Rogue »

In post 785, That Idiot Ivan wrote:
In post 774, jjh927 wrote:Are you saying you wouldn't have voted if you knew it was e-1?
In my defense I have a 2/3 success rate and don’t do it that often
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:14 am

In post 786, jjh927 wrote:Regarding boxes, I want to know because it is beneficial to my role to know and by extension it is beneficial to town
Ooh, see, that's assuming I townread you. Which I don't, so run along now.
In post 787, Rogue wrote:
2/3 success rate at quickhammering unclaimed wagons D1 and getting scum flips or something else I'm not getting?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:20 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm not running anywhere
Discuss your read on me
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

It also doesn't assume I'm town because from a mechanical perspective you can expect me to do something with the knowledge of who has boxes, making it easier to place me from that perspective
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:19 am

In post 789, jjh927 wrote:I'm not running anywhere
Discuss your read on me
I'm unimpressed with your D1 content. Lots of refuge in chess game talk and comments that do nothing to help me place you. Your game relevant content comes off as noncommittal, devolving further when pushed. Might be a playstyle difference, but I'm not townreading you off anything you've posted so far.
In post 790, jjh927 wrote:It also doesn't assume I'm town because from a mechanical perspective you can expect me to do something with the knowledge of who has boxes, making it easier to place me from that perspective
You have game thread access to post and demonstrate that you'd be a good choice to trust, especially since anything I tell you by necessity is told to the thread at large as well. I'm not giving out info unless I think it's going to be used well by a likely town player(s) such that it's worth the risk of scum having it.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:27 am

Post by jjh927 »

How about that I think scum are more likely to want to hide the details of mechanics they don't understand in order to avoid disloyal/loyal shenanigans and this reflects pretty badly on you given your refusal
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Rogue »

In post 764, The Bombay wrote:I think Lady Lambdadelta is scum. :)
Which of you is this and why do you think that?

I’m pretty sure she’s actually sick ftr
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:31 am

In post 792, jjh927 wrote:How about that I think scum are more likely to want to hide the details of mechanics they don't understand in order to avoid disloyal/loyal shenanigans and this reflects pretty badly on you given your refusal
Loyal/disloyal shenanigans? No idea what that means, but noted on how it reflects to you.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Rogue »

I’m of two minds about T3, because I do agree that scum likely was playing against town in the chess game. But whenever I go “uhhhh….” At T3 posting he flips town. Yes this is a hedge I’m aware and it’s why I qualified with it when I said “I’m of two minds”

I think it’s kinda bordering on what I can believe that town would be able to stop the town cop from firing?
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Rogue »

In post 788, That Idiot Ivan wrote:
In post 786, jjh927 wrote:Regarding boxes, I want to know because it is beneficial to my role to know and by extension it is beneficial to town
Ooh, see, that's assuming I townread you. Which I don't, so run along now.
In post 787, Rogue wrote:
2/3 success rate at quickhammering unclaimed wagons D1 and getting scum flips or something else I'm not getting?
2/3 of quickhammering wagons without a claim. But the miss has made me kinda gunshy as he had a guilty <_<
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:34 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 766, Shiro wrote:I thought I knew something but your statement made my thoughts wrong.
What did you think you knew..?
In post 766, Shiro wrote:Mastina and Suripoko are my only real suspects tbh
I don't agree with these to be honest.
In post 777, mastina wrote:Bombay is voting you after you've fingered 2/3 should tell you who the third is.
You're tunneled, you literally cut out my exact reason for voting StrangeMatter and now you're trying to make the vote fit what you want it to.
In post 791, That Idiot Ivan wrote:You have game thread access to post and demonstrate that you'd be a good choice to trust, especially since anything I tell you by necessity is told to the thread at large as well. I'm not giving out info unless I think it's going to be used well by a likely town player(s) such that it's worth the risk of scum having it.
What says scum doesn't already know about it? :P
In post 793, Rogue wrote:

Marci.
I have reasons but I don't really have the energy to type that up right now, I spent so much energy last night spamming Luke with reads. It isn't because of her activity levels though.
(What does ftr mean?)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

Scum may not want to claim they have received X thing if they can help it in case of a role functioning similarly a disloyal fruit vendor
Simarly scum may not want to claim they haven't received X thing in case of a role functioning similarly to a loyal fruit vendor

Don't you "no u" me
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:36 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 793, Rogue wrote:

That was Marci. Marci did day one isos for everyone, and and also looked at Skitters reads to see why she was the night kill. This read came from that. LLD being off thread had nothing to do with it.

I see Marci's point, but I am a bit on the fence with Lld myself.

- Luke

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”