Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm gonna get this massclaim done if it fucking kills me lmfao
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by That Idiot Ivan »

In post 1046, jjh927 wrote:Bombay, just for what it's worth since you are probably missing the mechanical subtleties here-

LLD and Shiro are conftown from each others' perspectives as a result of Ivan's role. I believe 'parity cop' is just a way of simplifying how the role actually works in practice, and that they have effectively received the result on each other in some way.
No, they only have what I told them. Beyond that they're using their own judgment.
In post 826, That Idiot Ivan wrote:Fuck it, let's see what this does.

My role allowed a neighborhood to form with two other players last night that persists into today. By foregoing posting there until night ended, I was able to get a parity cop result on the other two players. LLD and Shiro share an alignment.

They were informed when the neighborhood formed that someone could be reading along. That someone was me.
In post 838, That Idiot Ivan wrote:I'm not worried about being blocked given the way my role works.
Here's what I've actually claimed about my role. I'll flavor claim while I'm at it: r/unexpectedfriends

Once the day ends, my role targets two players to neighborize in one neighborhood. They get immediate access to post. I'm informed of who's been chosen, and then I decide if I want to use any of my powers. Yes, powers, plural. All are one-shot. Once I submit an action or declare I'm taking no action, I gain viewing access to the PT. I can post from then on if I choose, but if I've chosen to take an action, that action is blocked if I post before night ends/mods clear me. Neighborhood dissolves when the following day phase ends and the process repeats.

Key info there is that my parity cop is one-shot and I have no control over who gets targeted for my neighborhoods. Given info is stronger early game and both targeted players were on a town wagon flip, I opted to use the parity cop shot N1. Hence not being concerned about being blocked in the future. That isn't my only one-shot power, but it's definitely my best one.

I was fucking well trying to bait the NK here, but hotshot-Bombay decided that it was way more important to assume they knew best about what could possibly be in a role madness game designed by Cabd and ffery. And no one decided to tell them to shush. Which left me in the position of whether this is scum-Bombay is throwing enough shade on me to make sure their team doesn't have to use a NK on me, or town-Bombay gets set up for a miselim if they do get my flip.

I've also found it extremely informative to see how people reacted to the information. I'll make a separate post about that, but the people who freaked out at the prospect of me being ungated and unlimited based on their own fears definitely pinged.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by The Bombay »

I hope Marci is not as mad as Ivan is pretending to be.

She did not respond to my Discord messages before I decided to say fuck it and claim. :oops: :oops:
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, personally, I considered it to be extremely obvious that there wasn't an ungated parity cop in the game and you were inevitably fishing for the kill and even made a remark about how obvious it was
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by The Bombay »

To be clear, you being more then 1 shot was like way over the top. But my issue was how many could fire night one. And from my role, I knew that cabd and ffery had the very easy balance switch of just moving my watcher to the even night slot.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 pm

I promise you, Lukewarm, I'm genuinely mad. You might have to wait for post-game or dead thread to confirm it, but trust me, I'm pissed as hell.

You're always so convinced that your perspective is the only possible one and that your purported logical conclusions and plans are the only way to go. Like, congrats, you're probably town; how much did you burn to the ground to get there?

Just because shit can fire night one doesn't mean it will. Your claimed investigative's existence and Dwlee's weren't guaranteed to be available. And circumstances exist where I wouldn't have used mine immediately.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 885, T3 wrote:that's really gutsy for bombay or ivan to fakeclaim though.
A knee ways,
I had a feeling That Idiot Ivan
could be
town because :waves hands: roleblocker helps scum combat all the investigatives, but I'm also not surprised that its a one shot.

This T3 posts reads a bit like too much info (in That Idiot Ivan = town world), but also reads like he wants to appear like he's trying to stop the fight, but isn't really (because he isn't directing the conversation elsewhere.)
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by The Bombay »

Hey, Marci is here.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 1106, The Bombay wrote:A knee ways,
I had a feeling That Idiot Ivan could be town because :waves hands: roleblocker helps scum combat all the investigatives, but I'm also not surprised that its a one shot.
Of course you did.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by jjh927 »

If you learn anything from this game, learn not to setup spec on day 2

You're lucky I made the decision to trueclaim because I do think my presence explains a lot and thus my claiming had high value to town here, but it's a risk and I didn't have to take it just to address your paranoia
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:52 pm

I want a Mastina full claim next, please. Mastina can popcorn from there.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Unless there's more to it I know Mastina's role and it's pretty low power
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1105, That Idiot Ivan wrote:I promise you, Lukewarm, I'm genuinely mad. You might have to wait for post-game or dead thread to confirm it, but trust me, I'm pissed as hell.

You're always so convinced that your perspective is the only possible one and that your purported logical conclusions and plans are the only way to go. Like, congrats, you're probably town; how much did you burn to the ground to get there?

Just because shit can fire night one doesn't mean it will. Your claimed investigative's existence and Dwlee's weren't guaranteed to be available. And circumstances exist where I wouldn't have used mine immediately.
If you really are town, the I guess I am not sure why this anger is directed at me. I claimed an investigative role strategically trying to draw the night kill on the same night I would be unkillable. That does not burn anything to the ground.

Unless you are mad that I scum read you and didn't believe your claim, which also does not seem like the right way to approach this game.

But literally everything I revealed about my role that you seemed to think was a dumb thing to reveal, was me trying to get killed.

Up until LLD, who from your point of view should be confirmed town, pushed the rest out of me. Why are you not shouting at LLD?

Your anger feels misplaced. I said over and over that I did not want to claim the part of my role that was actually bad for me to claim.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:59 pm

In post 1111, jjh927 wrote:Unless there's more to it I know Mastina's role and it's pretty low power
???

How the fuck do you know this

I want you to claim it, and then Mastina can clear up.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by The Bombay »

I... don't know...

Can we just do T3..
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by The Bombay »

And even when I did claim my commute, I was sitting here realizing that I was never going to be might killed now. Not with LLD having such a strong desire to kill me. I was suddenly a very miselimable slot.

I weighed that in my decision to claim my commute. The commute value was greatly demished by LLD's read on me.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1113, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1111, jjh927 wrote:Unless there's more to it I know Mastina's role and it's pretty low power
???

I already did claim it, as did Mastina

She has a messenger role with 100 characters
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by The Bombay »

???

Mastina claimed that they shared a brief "weaker neighborizor" conversation my interpretation was that they got to send a single message to one another.

Not sure why Mastina decided to full claim to him though.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:04 pm

In post 1115, The Bombay wrote:And even when I did claim my commute, I was sitting here realizing that I was never going to be might killed now. Not with LLD having such a strong desire to kill me. I was suddenly a very miselimable slot.

I weighed that in my decision to claim my commute. The commute value was greatly demished by LLD's read on me.
I honestly don't know if this is real arrogance or scum bravado but the truth is you were never getting shot night 1 or 2 IMO.

And the fact it took you THIS LONG to full claim.

and the fact that you thought that ODD NIGHT WATCHER and ONE SHOT PARITY COP with Dwlee's cop thing was so unbalanced I will never fucking understand as a townie logic.

and don't say you didn't know Ivan's thing was oneshot cause you just got done saying you knew it was one shot the whole time so

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm

In post 1116, jjh927 wrote:
???

There is a 0 percent chance that is her whole role.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1024, That Idiot Ivan wrote:Bombay, might I suggest you stop trying to sing the song of this game when you've only been given a handful of notes?
Hey, this probably applied to you when you got mad at me mentioning the roleblock. You didn't know I was a commuter. Gasp, turns out Luke did think that roleblock comment through, and you just didn't have all of the information.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by jjh927 »

She didn't fullclaim at me- a messenger is just pretty clearly a messenger. I did consider that she might be reflexive given I targeted her, though.

I just got a message from her with some brief instructions on communicating back in my first post which I successfully interpreted
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by The Bombay »

Maybe signing posts is a thing I should actually try, I don't know.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1119, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1116, jjh927 wrote:
???

There is a 0 percent chance that is her whole role.
Nah I'd up it, but there probably is more to it, yeah
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by jjh927 »

One possible option she gave me was to mason gambit but I declined that one on the grounds that that could only have been bad for my wincon

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”