Scheherazade (4) -- Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, al4xz
al4xz (1) -- Caboose
ribwich (1) -- Jazzmyn
TAX (2) -- DoomCow, Vi
Percy (1) -- DerHammer
Vi (1) -- TAX
DerHammer (4) -- iamausername, ZazieR, ribwich, strife220

Not Voting (2) -- Scheherazade, BobHiggs

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!

Vi wrote:
Mod: What is the status on
BobHiggs?

Mod: Why is this game called New Age Mafia?
OGML-mod should be able to answer these two questions.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:04 am

Post by ribwich »

al4xz, I just want to make sure I understand your reasoning. Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am

Post by al4xz »

ribwich wrote:al4xz, I just want to make sure I understand your reasoning. Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
Yes and no. It depends on what other knowledge I have. If I know the possibility of a Mafia GF exists, I will not rule that out, despite the unlikelyhood of the situation. If I know there is possibly a GF, and Schez is cleared by a confirmed Cop, then I will trust Percy to a higher extent than that of right now.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by ribwich »

Actually, that was a bad choice of words on my part. I meant if Schez were lynched and then the mod told us he was town.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by al4xz »

ribwich wrote:Actually, that was a bad choice of words on my part. I meant if Schez were lynched and then the mod told us he was town.
Then I would not be suspicious of Percy for that incident.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

First things first, I'm going to

Unvote

because my vote against ribwich was purely a random vote.

I am not quite sure what to make of the Scheherazade/Percy dust-up or the odd posts by Der Hammer, so I will have to re-read more closely in order to refine my thoughts on which player seems scummiest at this point, but so far, it appears to me that there are legitimate reasons for the suspicions leveled and votes against Scheherazade and Der Hammer.

Regards,
Jazz
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Percy »

I was considering doing another epic analysis post, but I think a concise summary of my position will be better for everyone.

What my argument boils down to is this:

1. Scheherazade's first post was anti-town.
2. He might have not realised just how anti-town people thought it would be, or it might have been a scum move.
3. He is being hyper-defensive about it, rather than just apologising for a stupid move.
4. The way he's been defending himself is more about getting me to shut up than to give the town an explanation - he's been rude, arrogant and ambiguous.
5. My suspicions of his scummy nature are far more informed by the way he's responded to my arguments than the initial anti-town move.

If he's Town, I cannot understand why he's continuing to argue with me in such an unhelpful way. I don't think his posts clear his name - in fact, I think they do the opposite. They just accuse people of not reading his posts correctly, call me stupid and defend bad tactics. Some of his posts have been composed of fever-induced non-sentences, and my attempts to clear up this ambiguity have been labelled "ad hominem attacks on his credibility". In reality, I was trying to figure out what he meant, and was ending up confused every time. Again and again he lashes out, when he could have nipped this all in the bud a long time ago. It would have been the best thing for the town if he had just moved on.

So the fundamental question is this: Is Scheherazade scum? Or is he just someone who is more concerned with clearing his name without losing face, to the detriment of the town? Either way, I think he's not helping anyone but himself.

That's why my vote is staying where it is.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Juls »

I have to agree Percy. I have waded through to mounds of text that Scheherazade has put up and I have yet to be convinced to change my vote. I also agree with others that Der Hammer is suspicious but I don't think I am as strong in those thoughts as other people are. The problem I am having is I can't resolve how they would both come out on D1 so obnoxious. So I am sticking with Sche for now as well.
-------------------------------------
Juls
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by strife220 »

al4xz wrote:
ribwich wrote:al4xz, I just want to make sure I understand your reasoning. Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
Yes and no. It depends on what other knowledge I have. If I know the possibility of a Mafia GF exists, I will not rule that out, despite the unlikelyhood of the situation. If I know there is possibly a GF, and Schez is cleared by a confirmed Cop, then I will trust Percy to a higher extent than that of right now.
Using the G-word at this point in the game makes me much more suspicious of al4xz
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vi wrote:
Mod: What is the status on BobHiggs?

Mod: Why is this game called New Age Mafia?
BobHiggs has been prodded.

The name of the game has little actual relevance, but it sounds cool doesn't it?
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 am

Post by al4xz »

strife220 wrote:
al4xz wrote:
Using the G-word at this point in the game makes me much more suspicious of al4xz
I'm not sure how that's really logical...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Vi »

al4xz wrote:
strife220 wrote:
al4xz wrote:
Your stance? No, it's not logical.
I already told Scheherazade not to make wild guesses about the setup, and here you are creating your own conspiracy theory
right down to calling out Scheherazade as the zetta Godfather
I think it should be pretty obvious that it is *possible* for there to be a Godfather in the setup if there are less-standard roles like Weak Doctor. Is there actually a Godfather? Iunno; how do you propose we find out?

So wrong on a couple of different levels.
Unvote: TAX
Vote: al4xz
(L-7)

@Jazzmyn. 'Care to provide more than a high-level description of what we already know?
OGML 159 wrote:The name of the game has little actual relevance, but it sounds cool doesn't it?
Actually, yes :D
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by strife220 »

Vi wrote:
Vi 107.5, Rabbit Radio~ wrote:
strife220:
Anyway, why did you choose that username?
Because it's been my username since about 10 years ago - strife is a character from a videogame from that time. 220 is a random number.
BobHiggs
BobHiggs
Townie
BobHiggs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:40 am

Post by BobHiggs »

This is going to be difficult for me, sorry, I'm going to look through here and get back to you guys on that...
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:45 am

Post by al4xz »

Vi wrote:
al4xz wrote:
strife220 wrote:
al4xz wrote:
Your stance? No, it's not logical.
I already told Scheherazade not to make wild guesses about the setup, and here you are creating your own conspiracy theory
right down to calling out Scheherazade as the zetta Godfather
I think it should be pretty obvious that it is *possible* for there to be a Godfather in the setup if there are less-standard roles like Weak Doctor. Is there actually a Godfather? Iunno; how do you propose we find out?

So wrong on a couple of different levels.
Unvote: TAX
Vote: al4xz
(L-7)
Ah, now I see what you mean. But how was that really detrimental to the town if the only role I really mentioned was the Mafia GF?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:48 am

Post by ribwich »

I suppose it's because it's similar to how somebody that brings up the possibility of a jester is usually scum trying to save their partner. But I don't really think bringing up the possibility of a godfather would really be detrimental to town. I think in a closed game we should be always be wary of things like godfathers and cop sanity.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

ribwich wrote:I suppose it's because it's similar to how somebody that brings up the possibility of a jester is usually scum trying to save their partner. But I don't really think bringing up the possibility of a godfather would really be detrimental to town. I think in a closed game we should be always be wary of things like godfathers and cop sanity.
Of course people should always be conscious of what sorts of roles can be out there.
We keep all of these things to ourselves so that scum aren't able to mislead and confuse the town. Paranoia and excessive speculation acts as a smoke shield for scum to hide behind, since it distracts town and makes them focus on something other than the issue at hand - finding scum. Thus, bringing up things like godfathers and cop sanities before they become relevant is anti-town.

Der Hammer, Scheh, and now al4exz have all said scummy/controversial things causing them to lead the vote count. Everybody should be weighing in opinions on all 3 of these people if they haven't done so.
Gerrendus
Gerrendus
Townie
Gerrendus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Gerrendus »

I have already voiced my opinions on Scheh (with voting for him).

I have seen what everyone else has been calling "scummy" things that Hammer has done and I agree with him as well, his early declaration when he was under not much suspicion (I believe several people had named him as a number two suspect at the time but he was still somewhere around L-6 or even L-7 if not lower), which makes hammer my number two.

al4xz, I do not think that what he said has been particularly scummy. While I agree that it is odd he would mention the possibility of a GF, that was the only type he mentioned and it wasn't really in a role-fishing or diverting way. It was Vi who thought that it was a conspiracy theory in the first place and is the one that tried to start a discussion about that, which to me is far more scummy than mentioning the possibility of a GF as part of an argument. None of his other posts have seemed particularly scummy to me. He mentions the GF solely as a qualifier to his argument/answer.

I would have to say Vi trying to start a discussion regarding the GF is particularly suspicious however
I already told Scheherazade not to make wild guesses about the setup,... Is there actually a Godfather? Iunno; how do you propose we find out?
Within the same post Vi brings up that she had previously warned someone away from rolefishing and the setup and then asks as to how al4xz proposes we find out if there is a godfather? I think I have to say that Vi is my number 3. Al4xz has not said much scummy other than that one "slip-up" (in quotes because I do not find it particularly scummy), but there is the possibility I am misinterpreting and it actually is scummy but I am witholding judgement on Al4xz for the time being, especially since I am given at least 2 (scheh and der) people who seem fairly scummy and one person that I find possibly scummy (Vi), which will be determined in the next day or two.
Gerrendus
Gerrendus
Townie
Gerrendus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Gerrendus »

EBWOP
Sorry I messed up the quote tags, that quote is from Vi in post 161
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by al4xz »

I think you basically made the case for me, so you can have some popcorn. *hands the bag over*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

@al4xz: You misunderstand. You called out S as the Godfather, which is basically impossible to prove (without a lynch on either a Godfather or Scheherazade) and hideously biased.
Gerrendus 167 wrote:Within the same post Vi brings up that she had previously warned someone away from rolefishing and the setup and then asks as to how al4xz proposes we find out if there is a godfather?
It was a rhetorical question - you
can't
find out if there's a Godfather until you lynch it. That's the point.
al4xz 169 wrote:I think you basically made the case for me, so you can have some popcorn. *hands the bag over*
Not helping your standing IMO.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by al4xz »

Vi wrote:@al4xz: You misunderstand. You called out S as the Godfather, which is basically impossible to prove (without a lynch on either a Godfather or Scheherazade) and hideously biased.
No, I called S out as a possible Godfather
in that situation
. In no way does it reflect this game so far unless we reach a point akin to that one. And even if one Godfather was lynched, there can always be two - one for each team...why the fuck am I saying this? YOu'll call it out as rolefishing again, even though it's only Mafia-related roles and a cop, which is a normal role anyhow.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Vi »

al4xz wrote:
Vi wrote:@al4xz: You misunderstand. You called out S as the Godfather, which is basically impossible to prove (without a lynch on either a Godfather or Scheherazade) and hideously biased.
No, I called S out as a possible Godfather
in that situation
. In no way does it reflect this game so far unless we reach a point akin to that one. And even if one Godfather was lynched, there can always be two - one for each team...why the fuck am I saying this? YOu'll call it out as rolefishing again, even though it's only Mafia-related roles and a cop, which is a normal role anyhow.
ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR
weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo

...kidding. Besides, "rolefishing" is someone else's buzzword; mine is "baseless hypotheticals" or something to that extent.

~~~

...Let's try this again from the beginning, for clarity's sake. Could you fully answer the question, but in different words?
ribwich 151 wrote:Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by ribwich »

Vi wrote:ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo
Would you mind if I used that for a signature? That is probably the best thing I've read on this site.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Juls »

I don't know, I kinda liked her definition of FoS better.
-------------------------------------
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”