Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:19 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.07

mc esther (3):
Dwlee99, Roadkill, Andante
Dwlee99 (2):
Sleepless Assassin, Three
Three (2):
Umlaut, mc esther
Andante (1):
joqiza
Roadkill (1):
Looker

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-01-24 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 1 is January 25 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-25 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used:
joqiza (1)
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:20 am

Post by joqiza »

I'm... very frayed right now. (Nothing related to this game). My main thought right now is that mc esther's posting on the past couple pages feels ridiculously towny. I don't know what I'm seeing differently from other people, but her consideration of Three feels like bleeding my obvious town regardless of what Three is. I'm shielding this slot and prepared to pay the price if I'm wrong.

My townreads are Umlaut, Roadkill, and MC E. Need to head back to work but will try to phonepost while my boss isn't looking.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 201, joqiza wrote:I'm... very frayed right now. (Nothing related to this game). My main thought right now is that mc esther's posting on the past couple pages feels ridiculously towny. I don't know what I'm seeing differently from other people, but her consideration of Three feels like bleeding my obvious town regardless of what Three is. I'm shielding this slot and prepared to pay the price if I'm wrong.

My townreads are Umlaut, Roadkill, and MC E. Need to head back to work but will try to phonepost while my boss isn't looking.
Want to vote Dwelee? I'll give you cookies or something.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 am

Post by mc esther »

myself, andante, umlaut, and looker have all said that dwlee isnt happening. im guessing dwlee wont self-vote. this wagon isnt happening.

looker seems to reject every viable wagon though, which, um. i dont think i have such a strong preference on three over looker any more.

myself, three, and looker all still appear to be viable.
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Looker »

Why are my suggestions not viable
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am

Post by joqiza »

VOTE: Dwlee99

I just find their contributions really lacking, impressively so over a 10-day timespan. However, I'll be honest that no one reads partnered with them to me at all.

I would vote Looker or Three to break a deadlock, with a slight preference towards voting Three if the wagons were tied. No interest in voting any other slot today.

makes me think Three might believe what he's saying, though, @mc esther it seems like you interpreted him saying "I'm pretty sure the slot isn't being town read" as a 'retrofit' for his original comment, I think that's the wrong interpretation and he was using the statement as, like, an addendum for why Looker would be a good choice. Still find said original comment to be weird but just wanted to mention that.

@Looker I don't really agree with the Roadkill push, although, the two posts you quoted from Roadkill are actually two that I was initially suspicious of as well. And then, the rest of his posts start feeling much better to me. Have you read the whole game? (I feel like I've been asking you this.)

Reads list looks something like this:

if they're mafia I suck:

Umlaut/Roadkill/Mc esther

could be town:

SA, Andante

both wolves in here hopefully:

Looker, Three, Dwlee

Andante still feels weird. So many of her posts hit my brain and say "WOLF." but makes me reconsider everything.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:49 am

Post by joqiza »

Looker/Dwlee just feels wrong because you'd expect scum!Looker to bite on mc esther or Three wagons, rather than try to start one on Roadkill that probably goes nowhere. I could be wrong on Dwlee/Andante, but I really don't think they are partnered based on a lot of things. I think they have consciously tied themselves together too much to be scum together.

Dwlee/SA would be weird because of SA's push and Dwlee/Three is just suicidal.

My mind is flipping back and forth between these non-teamreads and a "don't do pre-flip associatives" mantra. Last-minute towntelling from the slots in my PoE would be appreciated, my mind isn't made up yet. I'll be working near deadline but should be able to be at thread for final minutes and flip.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:05 am

I actually agree with you that the top wagons are people who don't make sense as scum with Dwelee. I can't see Dwelee/Three at all. I don't believe in Dwelee/mc esther all that much. I kind of lean towards if Dwelee is scum, it's with Andante or Roadkill who I don't have as being scum individually. But this feels like a Day 2 discussion to me.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am

In post 203, mc esther wrote:myself, andante, umlaut, and looker have all said that dwlee isnt happening. im guessing dwlee wont self-vote. this wagon isnt happening.

looker seems to reject every viable wagon though, which, um. i dont think i have such a strong preference on three over looker any more.

myself, three, and looker all still appear to be viable.
You and Dwelee are the lead wagons. Are you town reading Dwelee so strongly that you'd prefer to either die or have no elimination go through?

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Umlaut »

Joq, if you insist on voting Dwlee over Three right now then I'm going to have to move to the Looker wagon and get others to move there too, because I don't think there's enough support to push Three through without you and I don't want to wait until the last second to get a claim. This would likely mean you end up having to compromise on your third choice as opposed to your second. Switch to Three please?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:32 am

Post by joqiza »

Ugh, okay. I'm considering it. Why are you opposed to voting Dwlee? The argument that it's uncharacteristic of him to not engage with the game felt, well... it was convincing to me, I guess. I've played with a lot of wolves who just struggle to post as that alignment. Do you disagree with that meta or is there some reason to TR him through it?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Looker »

Are there any cases other than thinly veiled survivalism
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Looker »

I've read after my replacement - I figured if anything happened before that someone would reference it, so that part was skimmed. Is there anything worth seeing?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:42 am

In post 211, Looker wrote:Are there any cases other than thinly veiled survivalism
In post 211, Looker wrote:Are there any cases other than thinly veiled survivalism
Mainly their awkwardness in their first few posts when their role PM would have been freshest in their mind. It sounds like they have a history if struggling as scum, and they haven't produced a whole lot here. And they just feels so similar to the last game I played with them where they were scum. And just a complete lack of anything town.

Preview edit: Yeah I'd encourage you to read the very beginning. That's where my scum read came from.
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 am

Post by joqiza »

I don't really have time for this kind of cattiness, if you think someone is being survivalistic say it with your chest and we can go from there, as it stands I'm not sure who or what you're referring to.

The case on Dwlee is based on them being extremely passive, which, according to Three, is uncharacteristic of their town game. Dwlee hasn't rebuked this claim that I am aware of.

Case on Three is fencesitting a potential TvT between myself and Andante and a weird comment about policy limming you.

Not sure what cases are on Esther or yourself. Andante seems to think you are mafia for reasons that I don't understand.

Note that these are not exactly airtight cases, so yes, you reading the game prior to your replacement would be greatly appreciated. Your reads on Dwlee, Three, and Andante are what I'd be most interested in.
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:49 am

Post by catboi »

Dwlee uses they/them
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:50 am

In post 215, catboi wrote:
Dwlee uses they/them
Sorry, feel free to edit my post. Is it possible to have this post not count against my limit?

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 am

Post by joqiza »

I'm so sorry, I'm an idiot. Please edit my post if possible.

--I don't normally do this bu I've made an exception this time, try to be diligent in the future.
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Three »

In post 173, mc esther wrote:im having a hard time believing that's what you meant, it looks like a retrofitted meaning for statement you hadnt fully thought through because youre not town. it "works" if you squint, like, you can totally claim that "looker intentionally tries to rep into scum slots" actually meant "nobody's townreading wh4t, which makes me believe looker's intentionally repped into a scumslot, which i also believe is something he attempts to do". but i think what you wouldve said if you meant that wouldve been more along the lines of "wh4t and now looker have been lurking hardcore, so im not against a policy lim here. strengthening this, i also think looker tries to replace into scum slots", like, i think that first sentence is how people usually call for policy eliminations on lurkers.
This doesn't make any logical sense to me. How can I accuse Looker of lurking if he had literally just repped in at the time and was actually posting? Also claiming I'm trying to retrofit the meaning of what I said is just silly.

You're genuinely trying to claim that, as scum, I made such an apparently bizarre statement without not only thinking it through, I also said it for literally no reason? Like what do I gain out of it as scum? To needlessly get suspicion thrown at me? It's like you saw a weird statement and just took it at face value as scummy, but didn't think through any of the logistics or reasoning for
why
scum would do that.
In post 174, mc esther wrote:dont worry, i wont use post limit as an excuse to stop contributing so close to end of day, i'll dip into reserve if need be. you werent talking about lurking, you were talking about a lack of townreads, my bad; but my overall point remains the same, that i think youd emphasize the thing that actually made you want the policy elim (the lack of townreads on that slot, not lurking, my bad, though the two are related), rather than speculation on looker's replacement habits.
Why would I? This is again just a shallow/face value take on what I said.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 210, joqiza wrote:Ugh, okay. I'm considering it. Why are you opposed to voting Dwlee? The argument that it's uncharacteristic of him to not engage with the game felt, well... it was convincing to me, I guess. I've played with a lot of wolves who just struggle to post as that alignment. Do you disagree with that meta or is there some reason to TR him through it?
I believe I've played with Dwlee before but don't remember anything about it and can't even think of a particular game so I'm in no position to disagree with the meta claim. I just don't think that's a very convincing argument in the first place, because (unless I missed something) it is missing the other half where any meta claim is presented about Dwlee's typical
scum
play. Activity tells and player like you described do exist but in general I think players who have a lot to say usually have a lot to say as either alignment, and if a seven-year scummer seems less engaged in a particular game it is most likely because of something other than the color of their role PM. It also seems like a lot of players have been more disengaged than usual in this game (I know I've had moments of struggling to find something meaningful to say) and I don't think it's reasonable to single out Dwlee for criticism in that regard.

Dwlee is not in my "never ever launch" category but they've made a couple of posts I read as at least mildly towny (, ) and not really any I read as scummy.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 am

Post by Andante »

Looker/Esther... lim in that. it's really not hard...
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Three »

Also I wasn't fence sitting Andante vs Joqiza, I don't remember if I outright said you two were TvT but I felt it was at least implied I thought so by virtue of me saying your content had alignment indicative content, told you two it would be healthier for the game state to cut the argument short and interact with other people, then proceeded to push Dwlee as a scum read.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Andante »

d1 deadline is soon. I'll only vote esther or looker
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:27 am

Post by joqiza »

Three, I think mc esther saw your "Looker slot isn't being townread" line, and assumed that you meant that, like, Looker saw that Wh3t wasn't being townread, and so used that as reasoning to sub in, lol. Which would indeed be a really weird and convoluted thing for you to think, but I also think that wasn't what you meant at all.

I could myself be misunderstanding, but I think there's a possible miscommunication there.

@Umlaut Okay, I'm weighing your post.

@Andante I'm not voting Esther, I'd go Looker. I'm debating between Three/Looker/Dwlee right now.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Looker »

"Say it with your chest" :lol: Mafia as a game is survivalistic, but I appreciate your retort and additional information. Didn't think it was catty, tho.

Andante's quiet like the last game I was in where she was scum. Three always dies. And mc esther I can't remember by phone the eagerness or lack thereof with which she jumped on Three's replacement theory to policy lim me. The fact that there's intent to policy lim me when I've hyperlinked my town utility in previous games should be alarming.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”