Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 148, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 145, TemporalLich wrote:VOTE: Not Known 15

Transparently defensive in a scummy way, if red flip Flea is sus.
And this is an unannounced E-2.
No, it's e-3
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

However, you are correct that you should announce e-2 as we are playing with Not Mafia and so E-1 is basically hammer
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 151, jjh927 wrote:However, you are correct that you should announce e-2 as we are playing with Not Mafia and so E-1 is basically hammer
Wrong, announcing E-2 is scummy posturing
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

either that or it is completely useless

don't announce E-2 or you're scum
time will end
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 149, jjh927 wrote:You know 141 contained questions directed at you, right?
It should be obvious that I asked him so that everyone would see what I saw.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 154, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 149, jjh927 wrote:You know 141 contained questions directed at you, right?
In you gave a non-answer

not sure how attacking the messenger has anything to do with that question
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

anyway E-1 is the one you're supposed to announce at your leisure to avoid accidental hammer, accidental E-1 is not as bad as accidental hammer
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 151, jjh927 wrote:However, you are correct that you should announce e-2 as we are playing with Not Mafia and so E-1 is basically hammer
consider this evidence that jjh and NM are buddies

if one flips red, the other is likely also red
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 147, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 130, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Flea the Magician

My page 6 poe is Flea, plus 2 scum in Enchant, Cyrus, Pooky, Faerie, NK15

I am confident this will thin further
That is, for page 5, a very small POE.
In post 132, jjh927 wrote:Because Flea is the first scum
And this sounds like a confident read.
In post 134, jjh927 wrote:Putting things into words moves it away from my subconscious and there's no reason to do that yet

Simply trust in my my well-documented ability to find scum on day 1
Add in an argument that falls on the face if you are scum and hope nobody notices.
In post 141, jjh927 wrote:Your tone was defensive of flea- that is not at all explained by your apparent belief that there is nothing AI there yet, as if you truly believed that in a self-consistent way then I think you would be more interested in the possibility of there being a reason than the reverse.

Did you ask on the grounds that you thought it would be impossible for me to elaborate?
If so;
-Why does asking with that intention yield any more useful information than just waiting and seeing what I do?

I would say your question was asked with the explicit intention of pushing me afterwards because I correctly pinned your scumbuddy and put you in a poe
Attack the messenger.
In post 143, jjh927 wrote:
In post 136, Radical Rat wrote:I would like you to put it into words, because honestly I don't see anything AI in faer posts, aside from activity being generally but not reliably positively correlated with towniness.

Frankly, I haven't seen much of anyone that really says much yet, though I am softly leaning Town on TL for now.
To actually put something into words, that is actually my main issue. I think Flea has posted with that correlation in mind and specifically gone out of faer way to appear active although with minimal content, hence the fixation with being top poster etc
And this is exactly the maximum he could have tried to get out of Flea's posts, and it is absolutely BS because no one, save maybe for a newbie, would fall for a trick like that, so it isn't AI. The reads, and their reasons, are made of thin air.

jjh is scum.
You're right that's it's quite a small poe
I am good at the game
If you were town and interested in how I got to where I got to, I think you'd have maybe asked me about my townreads- particularly whoever you are most confused about not being in my small poe. Discussing townreads this close to the start of the game is the actual way content usually gets generated, whereas fixated on scumreads like you did is potentially harmful to generating content as people really don't have a lot to go on to push with and going "but why though" is how you make someone lose out on some early pressure.

You're right that it's a confident read. I feel like I'm far more confident there than I would normally be at this stage of the game, so I am absolutely going to make that clear for the sake of applying pressure.

Yeah sure, I guess if I was scum then my read accuracy isn't the most relevant thing overall, but the point here is that I said a thing and expect to be held accountable later for things I say now for the sake of generating content. Did you read the word "Yet"? It implies I am going to do something later, and that I did indeed have something here.

If you are the messenger then hell yeah I am attacking you. Answer my questions. I'm interested in what you were actually trying to achieve, and what you hoped to get.

And finally- it would appear that now that I have provided the reasoning you sought after, which you are considering the "absolute maximum" despite that I actually have more I have not stated yet, you attack it. And badly- I don't think you understand that the point is that the posts being made by Flea are very easy to make as scum. That is the primary drive here- it is not effectiveness driven by some mast scum ploy, but something extremely simple as motivation is often harder to fake as scum. I wouldn't expect to catch GOOD scum on page 6
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 156, TemporalLich wrote:anyway E-1 is the one you're supposed to announce at your leisure to avoid accidental hammer, accidental E-1 is not as bad as accidental hammer
Yes, that would normally be the case, but Not Mafia is a known serial lolhammerer who will just hammer a wagon when it gets to E-1, and so E-1 IS functionally the hammer, so move it back one and announce your E-2s
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Don't care, E-1 is E-1 and you can't convince me otherwise
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

btw NK15 is at effective E-3 because no one has claimed doublevoter or other weirdvoter and setup spec likely indicates one doesn't exist
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 154, Not Known 15 wrote:
Right so you actually are maintaining the stance that you asked me that because you were under the impression that nobody could possibly have seen anything alignment indicative out of Flea at this point, and therefore I MUST be scum for having a read there
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 161, TemporalLich wrote:btw NK15 is at effective E-3 because no one has claimed doublevoter or other weirdvoter and setup spec likely indicates one doesn't exist
It's an open setup and NK15 is at ACTUAL E-3 as I am not currently voting there, just pushing
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 163, jjh927 wrote:
In post 161, TemporalLich wrote:btw NK15 is at effective E-3 because no one has claimed doublevoter or other weirdvoter and setup spec likely indicates one doesn't exist
It's an open setup and NK15 is at ACTUAL E-3 as I am not currently voting there, just pushing
in that case actual E-3 is effective E-3, 2000%.

NM does seem like the type to lolhammer, but actual E-3 in a setup mod-confirmed to have no weirdvoters is effective E-3, mod-confirmed.
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by jjh927 »

He's not just the type- he is probably the most prolific lolhammerer on site

There is pretty much no circumstance under which it is safe to E-1 someone you are not happy to elim right now with NM in a game
Even if it's NM

Fortunately this setup is entirely vanilla and so we do not need to wait for claims
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

luckily I'm fine with liming NK15, plus in a mountainous setup there's no point in not cutting Day 1 short

there's no way you're that scummy

E-1 in the tent is the final pressure, that's when you have to say something not scummy before the hammer drops.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

ebwop: "there's no way NK15 is that scummy", jjh seems town
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I disagree on cutting day 1 short

I like to make the most of day 1 because my continued survival is typically highly unlikely, so I need to leave day 1 with my reads in the best place possible
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

I like short Day 1's as Day 1's are hell for me

I tend to just openwolf on Day 1
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Don't get me wrong- I like later days, but day 1 is the only day I am guaranteed to live for. The myth of the lategame player is that there are some players who are better in the earlygame, and some who are better in the lategame. The reality is that you have more information in the lategame, and thus everyone is better then. Some players are just generally better than others and become "earlygame players" because they can get good reads out of day 1 and get killed before they hit lategame, whereas those that become "lategame players" are the ones who don't get nightkilled and associate their best play with lategame when they had more information

This is mountainous. All the information we get in any given day phase compounds, and that is all the information we get. We need to maximise the value of each future flip
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

luckily I have something hard enough to feel confident about the bottom of my lead rist

and that's all I need to vote my way out of Day 1 in a potential mountainous setup

however cyrus62 has not posted a single post yet and Faerie Mages and Enchant have ISOs devoid of actual useful content, so cutting the day
this
short would be reckless.
time will end
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 153, TemporalLich wrote:either that or it is completely useless

don't announce E-2 or you're scum
I like to announce E-2 just in case the next person forgets to announce E-1
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh wait yeah this was supposed to be a meme game, please pretend that #170 is just this image

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Potential mountainous game?

It just IS a mountainous game
This is literally the setup
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=88370&p=13165964#p13165964

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”