Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I only said that because i#m not trying to keep myself alive.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

This vote count is brought to you by Elzar's restaurant

Elzar's where you feel the bam in my food and prices!

Xtoxm 5 vote: (Porochaz, wolframnhart, Dukes, Drunken Piper, Gorrad)
Porochaz 1 vote: (Xtoxm)
Jahudo 1 vote: (pacman281292)
wolframnhart 1 vote: (LlamaFluff)
kloud1516 1 vote: (Jahudo)

Not voting:

GhostWriter
Zorblag
kloud1516

With 12 alive it will take 7 to lynch
Deadline is November 12th, 3:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

Xtoxm wrote:I only said that because i#m not trying to keep myself alive.
Obviously
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Zorblag »

OK, the game seems to be dragging a bit at this point. Xtoxm doesn't seem as though he's going to be a willing tool for the town if he is a SK (which I still don't fully buy.) At this point I won't have any real issues with him getting lynched at the end of the day. On the other hand, lynching him right now means that we've gained very little information and go into the second day giving scum the advantage of initiative so let's see what we can do to talk about other things that might lead to useful information down the line.

I'll go ahead and upgrade my FoS to a
Vote: Dukes

Dukes, you're not being at all shy about your insinuation that you're a robot:
Dukes wrote:
wolframnhart wrote: Role hinting much? Razz
Ya think? Wink
Why do you think that's helpful for the town as something to do on pages 1 and 2?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Porochaz »

I think roleclaiming does not effect the game in any way and couldnt care less if someone claimed
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Porochaz wrote:I think roleclaiming does not effect the game in any way and couldnt care less if someone claimed
Kinda agree there. Farsides Family Guy Mafia game if someone character claimed it wouldn't really do much, and to vote someone based on that seems a bit odd.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Gorrad »

I don't think a single Futurama character could be a jester except Zoidberg, and he makes more sense as a doc.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:13 am

Post by wolframnhart »

A bad doc, but a doc non the less.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Gorrad »

He'd be a good doctor if it wasn't for all the biology : P.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:22 am

Post by pacman281292 »

Jahudo wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:That looks like:
a) a stupid Jester
b) a insane townie, or a weird role
c) a insane scum
Does this mean you think he can't be SK?
SK ∈ weird role.
Not truly, but I thought that I included it. Anyways, if he is SK, he is the biggest idiot or frustrated guy I've ever seen...

I think that Zoidberg would rather be an insane doc or a quack (?).
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Gorrad »

Point is, not the most likely Jester.
Dukes
Dukes
Townie
Dukes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Dukes »

Zorblag wrote:I'll go ahead and upgrade my FoS to a
Vote: Dukes

Dukes, you're not being at all shy about your insinuation that you're a robot:
Dukes wrote:
wolframnhart wrote: Role hinting much? Razz
Ya think? Wink
Why do you think that's helpful for the town as something to do on pages 1 and 2?
Because I can tell you right now that:

1) I have the town role my breadcrumbs (or bread slices) are pointing towards;
2) There's no way anyone making a Futurama Mafia would ever
not
include this character in it.

Honestly, what do I have to do to get you to stop lookin' at me? Introduce you to my "evil" twin? Geez.

Look, we have the SK dead-to-rights at L-2. This is not FoS time, it's Hammer time! If the argument is that you want to wait and get more info from others, fine; but why vote of all things? I'm willing to talk.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Gorrad wrote:I don't think a single Futurama character could be a jester except Zoidberg, and he makes more sense as a doc.
This is the exact reason I dont like name claims. It ends up with a hell of a lot of speculation that has just as good of chance as hurting us then helping us figure stuff out. A basic thought process with Zoidberg could go "well probably a doctor, but he doesnt know stuff... maybe a quack? Maybe even a weak doctor since zoidberg is so odd..." This just goes into an infinate loop of speculation.

@Jaduho - The two people I think who have been moving towards a Poro lynch have been wolf and dukes.

Wolf with speculation of Poro being a mafia rolecop in this post
wolframnhart wrote:Could Poro be a day cop for mafia? maybe. But I would rather get rid of the known anti-town role.
and Dukes with
Dukes wrote:Have we considered the idea that Poro is bussing Xtoxm? His rationale for saying Xtoxm is SK is that "he's always SK". Xtoxm then says, "Dammit, I hate when you're right, daycop and therefore scum." Ever since, the two have been arguing back and forth over this. The idea is that Xtoxm gets lynched Day 1 and turns up, not SK, but scum anyway. Now we all pat Poro on the back and Follow the Cop straight to Losertown. Or, perhaps, Xtoxm is the Mafia Don with "Last to Go Protection"; then we've wasted our lynch. I'm not which, if either, is the likely outcome, but the players doth protest a tad too much for my liking.
While wolf is a little more blatant with the speculation which could easily lead to a D2 vote of Poro based on the rational that if xotxm flips SK Poro must be scum power, I think Dukes isnt quite as bad. This is because its pretty faulty logic that he is drawing the conclusion from.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Xtoxm wrote:I only said that because i#m not trying to keep myself alive.
Ugh.
Dukes wrote:There's no way anyone making a Futurama Mafia would ever not include this character in it...
Introduce you to my "evil" twin? Geez.
This is more like bread loafs now.
LlamaFluff wrote:This is the exact reason I dont like name claims. It ends up with a hell of a lot of speculation that has just as good of chance as hurting us then helping us figure stuff out.
Okay, but what about the main characters?

Has anyone seen theme games where the traditional hero character was a scum role and/or the traditional villain character was a town role?
Dukes
Dukes
Townie
Dukes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Dukes »

I think I'll
UnFoS: Poro
for now. Re-reading my own argument and recap:

1. Poro sounds like he got lucky, or
2. Poro is a day-cop, which is not universally a scum ability, or
3. My conspiracy theory is right.

I rank these in order of likelihood. Admittedly, I sounded more paranoid than I should've. But we'll see. In the meantime, shouldn't we work on taking out the person who is wearing a big neon sign saying "I AM SCUM"?

Confirm Vote: Xtoxm
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:58 am

Post by pacman281292 »

L-1.
Is someone going to hammer/claim against the lynch?
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Wrong, L-2.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:14 am

Post by pacman281292 »

oops, misread Dukes' post
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:12 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Dukes wrote:Okay, so... just to let you guys know, I've been reading a few other games here on MS.n and frankly, it amazes me how long they are. Most online games I've done last under 500 posts. Total. For 20+ players.

Then again, there's a lot of "Follow the Cop" and "Bandwagons" over there... so if my play seems uninspired or erratic at first, I apologize -- I'm just getting used to a slower game.
Not sure how to approach this quote. Sure, I understand completely that, when going from one site to another, some things are going to get lost in translation, but at the same time I can't help but feel that this may be a tactic to explain/justify actions later on. Am I certain that this is the case in this situation? No, of course not, for everyone makes mistakes their first couple games (at least I did), but I thought I should point this out.
Dukes wrote:Happy Birthday Mod.

Let's see here... since it appears everyone confirmed... hey, a vote on me already? Oh, sure, pick on the new guy! :P

I hate day starts -- a stab in the dark never helps if it can be avoided -- and would prefer a No Lynch here, to be honest. So for now, I'll sit back and wait.

*chugs a beer*
The paragraph I have starred stands out to me, as the later ideas within it are pretty bold. You would prefer a No Lynch without having even gone a page into the game? Secondly, you want to sit back and wait? What exactly do you mean by this, for it seems to be someone dropping an idea in and seeing how others respond to it before proceeding any further. No lynches should not even be an option at this point, as by page one, the game is usually still in the random voting stage, which inevitably leads into serious play based off of certain things in the very beginning of the game that come off as scummy.

In essence, town is usually not 100% sure about anything (which goes doubly in a game modded by Farside :D). You say stabs in the dark won't help, but neither would a No lynch, as that gives us little to no information to go on for the next day while it gives scum a kill.
Dukes wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:why in the world would you want a no lynch already on day one Dukes?
I never understood starting with a shot in the dark. Shouldn't we give the Cop a chance to find something instead of pulling a name out of a hat that, for all we know,
is
the Cop?

I mean, I'm willing to do a lynch for certain if we come up with ironclad evidence, but for now, screw it. All My Circuits is on.
There is plenty of information that can be acquired from day one. From comments, votes, and other opinions provided in the random voting stage, players begin discussion about who they find to be suspicious. Usually, town can then discern from responses to accusations whom they find to be scummy as well. Then there are bandwagons, which can be very informational depending on the reasoning behind them and the results they produce. All these factors would give a cop, and the rest of the town, a chance to find something of value for not only the day at hand, but for days to follow.
Okay, I am going to have to break this down into several segments, as I am in a hurry right now, but need to get something up in this game to actually contribute. I will start with early material and make my way into the present situation in the game.

I would like to start off by welcoming everyone, and putting my game face on. Here it goes:
Dukes wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:Role hinting much? :P
Ya think? :wink:
Fair enough, but why Xtoxm exactly? He posted before the day started, and there are others that have yet to post or even confirm.
He already had a vote. Seemed safe. Anyway, now that I've done enough damage to this popsicle stand,
Unvote.
Not much else going on here... so I'll be back later.
So you voted him just because he seemed to be the safest route? Got it. Wouldn't want to draw attention to yourself, right?

FoS: Dukes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Porochaz wrote:Gorrads in this sexy game, didnt even notice, I did notice Xtoxm was though, hes the SK, hes always the SK. Problem solved.
vote Xtoxm
Xtoxm wrote:There's no way that's a coincidence.

I can only assume that Porochaz is a Mafia Day Rolecop, as town definatley wouldn't have info like that.

But I can't win without him dying and when his role is revealed my game would be over, thus I cannot win.

However, I would love for you guys to let me stay in this game and I can play as a vig, and you can lynch me once we've caught the mafia.

Please!!!

I don't want to exit this game early.

And think about it. You'll basically have a confirmed pro-town scum hunter, in a sense of speaking.

Unvote Vote Porochaz
Oh. Wow, that was sudden. :? When I first read Poro's post, I took it as a joke, but I am not so sure. I don't see any reason for someone to fake claim SK, as it is indeed an anti-town role, so I can only assume at this point that xtoxm's claim is viable. But why not just play it off as Poro joking and killing him at night if you are so sure? This would have avoided your exposure, at least for a little while longer. This confuses me, as this notion along with the tone of Poro's post makes feel that it was merely a jest. At the same time, that is too much of a coincidence, considering that the Mafia Day Rolecop has indeed made its appearance in Minis before.
Xtoxm wrote:Porochaz is also a confirmed anti-town role, and a much more dangerous one at that.

Guys, watch out for the ones trying to get me killed. I'm a vig, so the mafia are the ones who really want to get me lynched today, town doesn't.

Don't let them waste this for the town, guys.
No, you are a SK. Exposed or not, that was (and is) your role. Both a SK role and a Mafia Role Cop role are dangerous in my opinion. This being said, I would much rather lynch a possible Role Cop.

I am going to stop here, and will post more of my thoughts on the game thus far when I get back.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Porochaz »

Lynch someone whos possibly town, and the whole rolecop thing is 100% n the basis of what the antitown player has said. Why?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:27 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote, vote xtoxm
which makes it L-1.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is one, most likely two scum in wolf/dukes/kloud who are all fairly set on listing reasons that we should be lynching poro tomorrow based on speculation of what his role and alignment that comes from his role is. I could completely see poro being a town rolecop given the setup of this game.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Poro would be a good lynch tomorrow. Would have been today too.

Agree on Wolf.

Kloud looks good.

Goodbye cruel world.

Unvote Vote Xtoxm
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:06 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Porochaz wrote:Lynch someone whos possibly town, and the whole rolecop thing is 100% n the basis of what the antitown player has said. Why?
Yes: xtoxm's assumption that you are a Mafia Role Cop is plausible, but I am not basing my opinions solely off of his statements. I feel that whole situation seems to be just too much of a coincidence, and leads me to believe that you could indeed be a Role Cop. Townie Role Cop? There is always the possibility.

No: The reason I did not vote you is
because
xtoxm is indeed an anti-town role, no matter how he claimed to operate. There was nothing to back his accusations leveled against you other than speculation, and speculation alone does not supply the ample reasoning for placing a vote on someone. My comment about preferring to lynch a Mafia Role Cop over an outed Serial Killer still stands though, but since we have had no way to prove or disprove the accusations against you, I have no case to vote you on.

@LF:
I agree it is very possible, as we are dealing with the almighty Farside-mod. Anything is possible in this realm, so I will not be taking anything at face value.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Porochaz »

Fair enough, however some homework I hope you will take on whilst we are at night. Look through the last few mini themes (ie. 10/20 or so) and find out how many of them had rolecops and whether they were mafia or town, also look at the context of the post where I made my vote. Its obviously made in jest then later on when I post the link to the thread that it is based on.

What Im trying to get through to you is how unlikely this is. It really is. Please check the past mini theme threads.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unlikely means nothing.

It's possible, and it's the case in this game. Your comment is not a joke and makes no sense unless you are a Mafia Rolecop.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”