ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by ribwich »

That one was good too, but it didn't make me almost spit water out.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Vi »

ribwich wrote:
Vi wrote:ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR
weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo
Would you mind if I used that for a signature? That is probably the best thing I've read on this site.
Talk is cheap; in fact my words are free!

Also, where's iamausername?
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:32 am

Post by al4xz »

Vi wrote:...Let's try this again from the beginning, for clarity's sake. Could you fully answer the question, but in different words?
ribwich 151 wrote:Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
I would be less suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed Town. Or, at least no longer suspicious of Percy
for that reasoning

There. Rolefishing is irritating. I can't respond without rolefishing a second time. =.=
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Caboose »

:oops:
Sorry, people. I kind of forgot about this game. Now that I have made a complete ass of myself, I'll go back and try to wade through the verbage deposited on this thread in my absence.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I've re-read all of the posts more closely, and come to the conclusion that the best place for my vote at this time is on Scheherazade.

I admit that I am influenced in this decision by the arrogance, rudeness and condescension in his posts but those factors do make me more suspicious of a player who has already behaved suspiciously.

In my view, if his initial game set up/rolefishing post was an innocent error, it would have been a simple matter to just say so and move on, rather than spending an inordinate amount of time and space arguing semantics, insulting other players, and posting links to a dictionary and to a logical fallacy site.

In other words, it is not the initial sin that bothers me as much as the follow up.

Vote: Scheherazade

Regards,
Jazz
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by iamausername »

al4xz wrote:YOu'll call it out as rolefishing again, even though it's only Mafia-related roles and a cop, which is a normal role anyhow.
Are you suggesting that a cop being a more commonly appearing role than an insane doctor makes it more OK for you to fish for one?
Vi wrote:Also, where's iamausername?
I'm around. Not getting a particularly good handle on the game. I should probably try reading through those gigantic Scheherazade/Percy posts again and see if I can get anything useful out of them, but I'm not hopeful, because my first attempt proved terribly unsuccessful.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Have been away for the weekend. Will catch up on the latest posts after work.
You used to be alright
What happened?
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:05 am

Post by DoomCow »

Having reead the game (I admit I had been skimming the last few pages, ever since those large blocks of text started popping up).

Now,
Unvote: TAX, Vote: Scheherezade

Still not to trusty about TAX, but Scheherezade seems more likely at this point. It's not the role-fishing that makes you look bad, it's the admitting to be role-fishing followed by the denying it. Post 96 on page 4 shows this, especially with the post after it.

But other things add up to it, the tone of 122(page 5) also bugs me for some reason...

Sorry for not using tags but I don´t have much time to post this, so I´m not going to do the quotes.
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:36 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #5 of Day 1

Scheherazade (6) -- Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, al4xz, Jazzmyn, DoomCow
DerHammer (4) -- iamausername, ZazieR, ribwich, strife220
al4xz (2) -- Caboose, Vi
Percy (1) -- DerHammer
Vi (1) -- TAX

Not Voting (2) -- Scheherazade, BobHiggs

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by al4xz »

iamausername wrote:
al4xz wrote:YOu'll call it out as rolefishing again, even though it's only Mafia-related roles and a cop, which is a normal role anyhow.
Are you suggesting that a cop being a more commonly appearing role than an insane doctor makes it more OK for you to fish for one?
Not really. From my point of view now, I can't even tell what I was trying to express or suggest by stating the final words in the senteance. "...which is a normal role anyhow." Hmm. I think I just added that in as a little tidbit of some sort.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Juls »

Mod can we get prods on BobHiggs (not participated at all), Zazier (no posts since Wednesday, Scheherazade (no posts since early Friday)

I would like to hear from Scheherazade. His lack of posts makes me think he is scum even more and can't come up with a good "argument" to save himself. He is on the site and has made multiple posts on Saturday, Sunday, and today. I think if he were town he would be fighting harder.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

@Juls: Mixed signals...

First, no new accusations have been raised against me, so there's nothing to comment on there.

Second, I said everything there was to say on the subject, in response to Gerrendus who asked me to defend myself. Adding more would simply be engaging in the behaviour I made a point of trying to avoid with Percy.

Thirdly, fighting harder at this point would involve repeating myself a lot and wasting the town's time. In addition, I see that the more I talk, the more I'm distracting the town from actual scum-hunting and indeed from building individual cases. The above posts will show how many players have skated onto a bandwagon against a town player simply because of my "tone" and other people's cases against me. My objective, according to my role PM, isn't to survive the game but to get the town to lynch mafia. Therefore, I ought to do what will encourage the town to lynch scum, not what will distract them from it.

Fourthly, there's not a lot of new content to comment on. My suspicions as posted stand. I don't think anything that's been posted recently either confirms or refutes my stated suspicions nor have any new ones been ignited.

Lastly, I'm still waiting to see what Der Hammer and Caboose post and whatever more al4xz and ribwich have to add. You can accuse me of giving responsibility for content to other people, but, as you can see, I'm having trouble communicating with this group as a whole.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Juls »

Scheherazade wrote:there's not a lot of new content to comment on.
I have to agree with you there :( but I assumed since you had two more votes against you since your last post you would want to make some sort of effort to refute the claims. I however accept your answer (post 186) as a legitimate response to my accusation. Thank you.
Juls
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by TAX »

Unvote:Vi
it was just a random vote, and at the point we at I think there is no need for randoms votes.

Vi, I do find in kinda scummy that al4xz is talking about the set up, but I think you might be over reacting a little to it.
^ I believe Socrates once said that.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Der Hammer »

strife220 wrote: Der Hammer, Scheh, and now al4exz have all said scummy/controversial things causing them to lead the vote count. Everybody should be weighing in opinions on all 3 of these people if they haven't done so.
This just stinks of trying to shoehorn people into only focusing on three players.

It wouldnt surprise me to see the three town, and you mafia knowing that we are the targets for a quick easy lynch.

Unvote:Percy, Vote: Strife
You used to be alright
What happened?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:45 am

Post by ZazieR »

I don't think Strife is doing that DH. But I'll let him first explain.

After his explanation, I will give my thoughts about your post more.
Ignore the ''R''
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 am

Post by ribwich »

Der Hammer, I'm still waiting on an answer. At what point were you no longer playing childishly and your posts can actually be considered serious?
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote: Der Hammer, Scheh, and now al4exz have all said scummy/controversial things causing them to lead the vote count. Everybody should be weighing in opinions on all 3 of these people if they haven't done so.
This just stinks of trying to shoehorn people into only focusing on three players.

I didn't say everyone should vote one of those people. Everybody should 'weigh in,' as in, it's important for everybody to explicitly state opinions on controversial topics. Always.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Vi »

TAX 188 wrote:Vi, I do find in kinda scummy that al4xz is talking about the set up, but I think you might be over reacting a little to it.
...probably. :v

-----
Der Hammer 189 wrote:It wouldnt surprise me to see the three town, and you mafia knowing that we are the targets for a quick easy lynch.
(Maybe if you made yourself something other than an easy lynch...)

-----

I'll play along with strife--

Der Hammer: Is uselessness scummy? 'Not sure. Is policy lynching people who are quite unlikely to help the Town good on first days in huge games? Much more likely. I'll give him one post to give me a good reason not to vote him before it happens.

Scheherazade: Do I really have to read all that? :( I would much rather Scheherazade try attacking rather than defending. Voting would be a good start. I'm not thrilled with this as an excuse--
Scheherazade 186 wrote:You can accuse me of giving responsibility for content to other people, but, as you can see, I'm having trouble communicating with this group as a whole.
al4xz: I really don't see this going anywhere. The major reason I'm not unvoting is personal policy to keep votes on people D1 :v
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by al4xz »

Vi: Agreed. And I can understand what you are doing. So, I guess all I can do is sit here and twiddle my thumbs and go, "OMGHDUNLYNCHMEIAMTOWN!" when someone tries to vote for me. =.=

Zazier, got anything more to add on that? Seeing as you said you would. *glares*
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

Actually, al4xz, can you help me out? I think you dodged a question. Why'd you choose Juls to pressure in the first place?

Oh, and why take that tone with me before? Wasn't called for in the least.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 am

Post by al4xz »

Scheherazade wrote:Actually, al4xz, can you help me out? I think you dodged a question. Why'd you choose Juls to pressure in the first place?

Oh, and why take that tone with me before? Wasn't called for in the least.
Ah, I already explained this. No matter.
Alright, here's the situation in a nutshell (or in a forum, however you wish to see it). Juls posts something kinda scummy. One or two people jump on the wagon in quick succession. I decide to join in but with a no reasoning vote so that I would appear scummy. In this way, if Juls was a scum, she might attempted to direct attention to me since I voted w/o reasoning behind it in that post. But then no, YOU had to go and ruin it by posting a lot of crap about grammar and all sorts of other things, disrupting the wagon and rendering any of the pressure I threw on Juls out the window. =.=

Oh, and apoligies if I acted rude. I have a tendency to call anything crap, shit, or anything else you care to mention a curse word.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Juls »

al4xz wrote: I decide to join in but with a no reasoning vote so that I would appear scummy. In this way, if Juls was a scum, she might attempted to direct attention to me since I voted w/o reasoning behind it in that post.
Hmmm...I thought I understood your vote originally, but now with your new explanation I am not so sure. So you wanted to pretend to be scum to make me look like scum? I don't think I get that? Perhaps its my newbishness showing through but that seems more like an ex post facto argument.

I understood your original explanation to mean that you wanted to solicit an "over the top reaction" from me to see if you could garner any information from it. I don't know if I like this "I was pretending to be scum" argument.
FoS: al4xz
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Vi »

Slayer's Gambit, one of my favorite devices. (Unfortunately, nobody seems to notice when I vote people who aren't playing...)

Unlike Juls, I think the answers sync well enough, but I take issue with this--
al4xz 196 wrote:I decide to join in but with a no reasoning vote so that I would appear scummy. In this way, if Juls was a scum, she might attempted to direct attention to me since I voted w/o reasoning behind it in that post.
So it's scummy to vote for people who place scummy votes on you? IMO OMGUS is about as laughable as FoS as a catch-all.

What would a pro-Town reaction have been in your opinion, considering you were acting anti-Town?
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by al4xz »

It seems I must slap myself for sucking at explaining things...
Vi wrote:Slayer's Gambit, one of my favorite devices. (Unfortunately, nobody seems to notice when I vote people who aren't playing...)

Unlike Juls, I think the answers sync well enough, but I take issue with this--
al4xz 196 wrote:I decide to join in but with a no reasoning vote so that I would appear scummy. In this way, if Juls was a scum, she might attempted to direct attention to me since I voted w/o reasoning behind it in that post.
So it's scummy to vote for people who place scummy votes on you? IMO OMGUS is about as laughable as FoS as a catch-all.

What would a pro-Town reaction have been in your opinion, considering you were acting anti-Town?
I'll start with the first paragraph. No, that's not what I'm tyring to convey. I'm trying to get some kind of reaction so I can get a read out of it. Does it matter how I word it? Never mind, don't answer that, that's a dumass question. =.=

Actually, Vi, I was just looking for a general reaction to get a read.

Juls, I was trying to act like a scummy guy so you would make a bad reaction and try to push the shit to me. Pretending to act like scum was all a part of that, if you didn't get it when I first posted.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”