Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 179, anahit wrote:
In post 163, SirCakez wrote:
In post 121, anahit wrote:
In post 111, SirCakez wrote:
In post 90, EdensFlame wrote:I agree more posting is good for town, although one big part of it is not wasting time talking about parts that are less relevant.
I'm not entirely sure Mad Hatter's talk so far is genuine, but I'm not discounting the possibility.
Don't find it likely scum would draw that attention to themselves early, but it's possible.

Conclusion: I think I should keep an eye on the Hatter
VOTE: Edens flame
This post is basically a bunch of words that means nothing
it is like, unless i was focused on a partner of edensflame's (so somewhere in {ahri, mad hatters tea party, greeting(?)}) then i think edensflame more or less telling me to try not to get distracted/focus on relevant things/not waste time is probably +town

right outside of the partner being focused on that seems kinda unlikely to come from mafia to me? does that make sense
I don't that that's what Eden was saying though?
hmmm

i guess to me, it was like,

i say that posting is good for town, then edensflame says

posting good for town
IF
focused on relevant things

which like, i very often get distracted and have a very difficult time telling the relevant and not relevant things apart,

so it seemed very possible to me that edensflame thought that was what was happening here and was saying to me

yes posting good BUT try to rein it in a bit

which seemed to me more likely to come from town or from mafia specifically partnered with someone i was focused on

because why would edensflame want to refocus me if mafia in any other situation
What do you think the chance is of mafia deciding to never make pro-town plays in a game?
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:20 am

Post by anahit »

In post 242, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:The Monochrome Queen.
The Sad Maiden with Long Braid.
The Circular Artisan.
oh! for some reason when you said you had strong townreads i thought you meant a lot of strong townreads, this makes more sense, sorry

well i assume isis is the queen, which makes me curious about your townread,

i assume i am the sad maiden

and the circular artisan is vanderscamp or potentially mc esther?
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

I still think anahit sounds towny.

Mad Hatter's posting style is coming across as very scummy but it's hard to say how much of that is because of the constructed nature of the RP.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

VOTE: dwlee for doing nothing
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:27 am

Post by anahit »

In post 250, Vanderscamp wrote:What do you think the chance is of mafia deciding to never make pro-town plays in a game?
on average, pretty low, though pooky is one of our greatest mafiosos and has certainly won games as mafia without ever doing anything remotely pro-town, at my expense even

but this was like, idk anymore, idk

like i think maybe i was reading too much intentionality into the edensflame post, but it still doesn't feel like 'this is mafia!' to me
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 am

Post by anahit »

In post 254, anahit wrote:pooky
i guess mostly i want pooky to make me feel like

do not worry, the game is going to be solved, pooky is here!

which is probably kinda unfair
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 159, Galron wrote:That second vote on Eden's Flame was cringe. I think it was Cakez, but not sure. It seems almost too blatant a jump when the substance of Eden's post was sufficiently cautious for that stage in the game.
This seems really inductive when the exact identities aren't memorable so I think it's pretty scummy.
In post 162, mc esther wrote:
In post 157, Galron wrote:I don't dig this vote. Interested to see where it goes.
sorry to disappoint, but as im sure youve since noticed -- nowhere!
In post 160, Galron wrote:Oh and I don't understand the votes on Radical Rat.
aside from the generally lacklustre iso,
In post 118, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 115, Greeting wrote:I have read all of the posts so far and they're NAI to be fair.
You think every post in the game so far is NAI?
i dont really get why this is a question, like. i dont see what answer theyre expecting here, i dont see much room for elaboration. the comment seems pretty self-explanatory, and i assume greeting said it because he believes it's an accurate assessment of the thread. perhaps it's a rhetorical question, but i feel like that should be accompanied by a vote? perhaps theyre trying to prod greeting into taking a reread and taking action -- i kinda gave that latter one a shot earlier -- but again, i feel like that should be accompanied by a vote? that latter explanation would also be bordering on hypocritical given, again, rat's pretty scant iso (and, eh, maybe im also being hypocritical here, but i think my iso beyond the first post relates much more directly to the game).
This post seems really towny, like a real attempt at trying to find !scum branches that function differently than !town branches. The conclusions seem wrong to me and even if they're actually right they're on this narrow type of reasoning that reduces their appeal and magnetism but that just kind of strips it of possible scum motivation.
I've only read a couple posts so far I wonder if tons of things are going to seem ai today.
In post 166, SirCakez wrote:
In post 159, Galron wrote:That second vote on Eden's Flame was cringe. I think it was Cakez, but not sure. It seems almost too blatant a jump when the substance of Eden's post was sufficiently cautious for that stage in the game.
I obv disagree but I like Galron posting on this page for town
I obv disagree but I like Cakez posting for affirming my style choices.
Is there a certain reason you lean towards wrongtown over wrongscum here?
In post 173, anahit wrote:
In post 151, Galron wrote:Don't know if this has been answered yet, but in rvs, who looks at the VC? If there is one?. Really if you come in late you may get a feel for what the VC should look like, but no more than that This seems more coincidental than intentional.
? the first vote on radical rat was the post immediately preceding greeting's - it felt like an intentional like 'wagons are good!' sort of rvs post

but! very importantly, wagons for wagons sake are not actually good for town here (and towns should be making it so they do not have to be wagoned to be readable and so forth and towns should be finding other ways to sort players)

but all of that isn't so so important more that greeting was kinda like, default rvs posting in a way that would match other games but not this one but not in a way that scum would necessarily notice before posting because scum less likely to realize this than town
Thoughtflowws
In post 184, anahit wrote:
In post 182, anahit wrote:
In post 181, Greeting wrote:Why is that?
feels kinda like you have time traveler perspective - like with rvs vote and no posts are ai comment and the like, observational posts
like ya know how if you live in a place where the winter is very cold and then there is a warm day in early spring it feels very very warm like the nicest day ever but if it were the middle of summer that day would be considered cold

it feels like you have time traveled to the warm day and called it cold
ahhh
Actually I think she could write this as scum if she wanted to, it's just a beautiful post.
But too many other ones make this slot just, no color catcher, set water to hot, lock the washer lid.
In post 199, Ahri wrote:soooo

that's my mandatory activity post bye

I'll take a pagetop too
Ahri is doing that thing where people reject the responsibility to do what they're supposed to do, but then do it anyway (not necessarily in that order), and its town indicative.

None of the reads look forced even though they wouldn't be mine (but I maybe find the RR logic persuasive though) (oh snap RR is the same abbreviation as Reflect/Refrain maybe they can be my favorite)
In post 241, Greeting wrote:Like, I'm being null and bland myself, but at least I can admit that. Can something that's more likely than not to be AI happen please so I can comment on that? :yawn: I'd rather vote out someone who at least seems scummy than just pick someone at random.
There's a lot of different play styles in this game and I'm making a strong effort to filter for that because this playerlist seems like a really throwable game of I townblock the six people I liked before this game started.
But like.. you see how this could make it hard for me to read you? Its even harder to filter through than way different effortless are playing because waiting for someone else to make something happen is like a really strong scum cover that overlaps with a lazy way to be town that still can work. I think I had a short chat on this topic with Ali once, the "do something second D1" plan.
If you're feeling unmotivated about the wagons can you case your townreads?
I don't actually think you've been that low on posting AI content despite posting this which puts you in the same bucket as Ahri on my underseller's hypothesis.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Isis »

I have a feeling in my heart of VOTE: galron

I didn't preview my last post so there's probably bbcode wretching
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 255, anahit wrote:
In post 254, anahit wrote:pooky
i guess mostly i want pooky to make me feel like

do not worry, the game is going to be solved, pooky is here!

which is probably kinda unfair
this makes me feel bad for not trying more but also the last time I played with you you got to laugh at me while eating chips with Isis as I mostly jousted with windmills and did my best Don Quixote impression. (Did you snort your drink out of your nose laughing at when I chainsawed Norwee for you and got him to claim PR? yes I am truly a terrible player sometimes)

I'll be honest I haven't even read the scum PT for that game because I was so disgusted with how badly I played +( but then again I did lose to my favorite ladies and you two did have lots of fun so it wasn't all that bad.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:36 pm

VOTE: Galron

I'll be honest I don't have a read on Galron but I want to put my name next to Isis because she has great taste in clothing therefore she must be making great choices and yes I know this doesn't make any sense but I want to see my name next to hers at least once ~.~

I don't think she can roll red against me twice in a row so I'm going to take my chances.

Yes I know that's not how probability works.

I also don't really care >_>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Isis »

My face hurted cause I smiled and my face hasn't healed enough for smiling

I'd be concerned if this game had more leads but I kind of expect you to do this the first half of day one as either alignment but then disagree with me strongly and think skitter is holy by the end of day 1

This is normal day phases right I last played a blitz and I hated it even though it was freelo

I remember the prod timers were 36 hours so it's gotta be at least 2w
"Well, I..."
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 251, anahit wrote:
In post 242, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:The Monochrome Queen.
The Sad Maiden with Long Braid.
The Circular Artisan.
oh! for some reason when you said you had strong townreads i thought you meant a lot of strong townreads, this makes more sense, sorry

well i assume isis is the queen, which makes me curious about your townread,

i assume i am the sad maiden

and the circular artisan is vanderscamp or potentially mc esther?
You are correct in all but the last, where you are potentially correct.

The Blue Mediator lies undefined for now.
In post 252, Vanderscamp wrote:I still think anahit sounds towny.

Mad Hatter's posting style is coming across as very scummy but it's hard to say how much of that is because of the constructed nature of the RP.
You would stand surprised and shook at how naturally this style comes to one as I. Tea?
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:24 pm

The purity of the Monochromatic Queen shines quite brightly for now. Time will tell til we learn of a Kindly Queen or if we have Terrible Tyrant among our number.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:09 pm

In post 260, Isis wrote:My face hurted cause I smiled and my face hasn't healed enough for smiling
I think making you smile makes it all worth it even if it hurts.

When you pockit'd me last time were you smiling the whole time because I imagine you would be since I am very small and fit easily in your pockit even if your super comfy skirt does not have any pockits.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

VOTE TALLY
Day One, Fourth Hour
Seven to condemn

(expired on 2022-02-05 16:56:02)

(3) Radical Rat —>>>
Greeting, Mad Hatters Tea Party, mc esther
(2) Galron —>
Isis, PookyTheMagicalBear
(1) SirCakez —>
Ahri
(1) Mad Hatters Tea Party —>>
Radical Rat
(1) EdensFlame —>
SirCakez
(1) Ahri —>
EdensFlame
(1) anahit —>
Dwlee99
(1) Dwlee99 —>
Vanderscamp

(2) Not Voting —>>
Galron, anahit
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Galron is being prodded.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by Galron »

I'm here. Gathering will.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 259, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Galron

I'll be honest I don't have a read on Galron but I want to put my name next to Isis because she has great taste in clothing therefore she must be making great choices and yes I know this doesn't make any sense but I want to see my name next to hers at least once ~.~

I don't think she can roll red against me twice in a row so I'm going to take my chances.

Yes I know that's not how probability works.

I also don't really care >_>
I have a read that if Pooky was disgusted at how badly they played in a recent game as scum, they wouldn't give this kind of terrible reasoning to sheep a vote as scum here.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by mc esther »

im a little bothered that it's two-and-a-half days to deadline and we dont have any real wagons (like, three votes is a start-of-day wagon, not so much a "most of the way through day and we need real elimination candidates" wagon). pretty sick of negotiating deadline votes so much lately; i'd kinda like to play a game where the elimination happens because a majority of people actually wanted a specific person gone.

wouldve liked to stay quiet on this next point, because i wanted to see the interaction play out a little more before commenting, but in light of the deadline observation: i think rat/greeting is a really plausible pairing. i think greeting asking after a rat case was odd, and i think rat's prodding at greeting without ever really committing to a read looks like distancing.
In post 241, Greeting wrote:I'd rather vote out someone who at least seems scummy than just pick someone at random.
then why is your vote still random?
In post 256, Isis wrote:my underseller's hypothesis
i skimmed your iso, im struggling to concentrate on anything rn but i didnt see any other reference to this. what is the underseller's hypothesis?
~
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:55 am

Post by Isis »

In post 256, Isis wrote:Ahri is doing that thing where people reject the responsibility to do what they're supposed to do, but then do it anyway (not necessarily in that order), and its town indicative.
I had a bit about how I think this works in lots of games before but I took it out when i remembered that people hate anything I think of in a handbooky way

But that's how I actually think about it so I called it a hypothesis later ><
"Well, I..."
EdensFlame
EdensFlame
Townie
EdensFlame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:19 am

Post by EdensFlame »

I think I will VOTE: Dwlee99.
“At times there will be fire; this we can’t avoid. But it’s up to us to decide whether it will consume or it will purify.”
– Cristen Rodgers
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:22 am

In post 270, EdensFlame wrote:I think I will VOTE: Dwlee99.
I daresay this is a rather bad vote and would ask as to why?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Galron »

In post 173, anahit wrote:
In post 151, Galron wrote:Don't know if this has been answered yet, but in rvs, who looks at the VC? If there is one?. Really if you come in late you may get a feel for what the VC should look like, but no more than that This seems more coincidental than intentional.
? the first vote on radical rat was the post immediately preceding greeting's - it felt like an intentional like 'wagons are good!' sort of rvs post

but! very importantly, wagons for wagons sake are not actually good for town here (and towns should be making it so they do not have to be wagoned to be readable and so forth and towns should be finding other ways to sort players)

but all of that isn't so so important more that greeting was kinda like, default rvs posting in a way that would match other games but not this one but not in a way that scum would necessarily notice before posting because scum less likely to realize this than town
I didn't pick up that greeting's vote sequentially was immediately after the other one (mc esther's??), so taking that into account I get your premise but I still disagree with the criticism when I think about the way that I approach a game's entrance. Unless I'm really late like I was here. I generally pick out a name from the plist and just vote there without registering any prior votes or posts even. It just seems to be reading into something that if I find pretty innocuous. But there are those who seem to get reads out of the first couple of pages from people's entrances and rvs banter, so maybe it's just a playstyle thing.

But you're also talking about sorting people outside of wagons, which is like, to me, sorting people outside of meta. It just seems to be the site's culture. No matter how much I try to disregard how someone's played before as whatever alignment, I have a difficult time doing it. Meta creep is inevitable. I'd say they're both valid sorting methods, if inferior.

But also the ding on greeting for posting HELLO aside from the vote doesn't jibe well with me as I look at it. If he had just posted the hello and not voted radical rat, it seems he wouldn't have blended in as well if that was what he was going for. It would've been better to vote someone else. Again, from my experience, I've gotten questioned for not voting anyone in rvs as either alignment, when all I'm doing is acknowledging game start.

That was a lot longer than I anticipated.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Galron »

In post 161, Galron wrote:And I'm spelling EdensFlame wrong, sorry
This seems a little odd given there weren't all that many posts between the time you voted and I asked the question, and I don't think greeting even saw it.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Galron »

In post 163, SirCakez wrote:
In post 121, anahit wrote:
In post 111, SirCakez wrote:
In post 90, EdensFlame wrote:I agree more posting is good for town, although one big part of it is not wasting time talking about parts that are less relevant.
I'm not entirely sure Mad Hatter's talk so far is genuine, but I'm not discounting the possibility.
Don't find it likely scum would draw that attention to themselves early, but it's possible.

Conclusion: I think I should keep an eye on the Hatter
VOTE: Edens flame
This post is basically a bunch of words that means nothing
it is like, unless i was focused on a partner of edensflame's (so somewhere in {ahri, mad hatters tea party, greeting(?)}) then i think edensflame more or less telling me to try not to get distracted/focus on relevant things/not waste time is probably +town

right outside of the partner being focused on that seems kinda unlikely to come from mafia to me? does that make sense
I don't that that's what Eden was saying though?
But you voted Eden for saying something though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”