Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Cape90 »

you know what could be funny, if Korina's bad "well Cape, you are just POE" push actually came from me and them being w/w

Spoiler: Defense for why I am obv not paired with Korina
In post 921, Korina wrote:Hi, please convince me you’re not scum, because via poe, I think your slot is scum, and the rep out makes me further think that.
In post 962, Korina wrote:
In post 927, Somnus wrote:
In post 921, Korina wrote:Hi, please convince me you’re not scum, because via poe, I think your slot is scum, and the rep out makes me further think that.
I think Cape should at least have a chance to read the thread first. I extended the same courtesy to both StrangeMatter and yourself.
I’d rather at least be up front that I think the slot is scum, so that might usher some hasty reads from scum, which can be picked up on for lies, or getting a townie to actually town in the slot
Oh and on the subject of interactions I have had with Korina, check this out :D
In post 963, Korina wrote:
In post 931, Cape90 wrote:
In post 874, Korina wrote:
In post 865, Ahri wrote:
In post 862, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:You mean bc Malcolm basically only interacted with progo?

I thought about that but isn't new scum likely to do that?
btw CSF if you want a non-emotional read

I can see you / Korina as a scumteam

but I'm stating now that I'm
never
going to explore that as a scumteam because again, that means Andante is opentrolling as an SE, LQ tr'ed you wrong as an SE, SM is just memeing the entire game, Progo has the worst analysis possible, and Malcolm is just pure afk other than voting me

anyways after rereading Malcolm I do think I want to pursue Korina / Progo; the issue with that is idt Andante was the best lim D1 over me
Why is it that the SEs cannot have incorrect reads? I have more experience than the newbies in this game, and probably one or two of the SEs, but that doesn't make me literally perfect at the game.
and yet you say this
In post 921, Korina wrote:and the rep out makes me further think that.
Sit down
These two statements are not contradictory from my POV. They might be from yours, but they are not from mine.
If that’s not what you’re pointing out, I have no idea what the fuck the point of saying thisbis
Malcom's POV in shambles.
In post 965, Korina wrote:
In post 953, Cape90 wrote:
In post 944, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think Cape has read the game? Unless you think he dropped a scumcase on like the first ISO he didn't like
nope. I literally have 0 thoughts on Malcolm/Progo/Pale Ale Dog

as far as Korina, not sure, I kinda have the feeling they are town but also I know Pale said things
Normally, I get called scum when people read me. Why do you think I’m town?
In post 1031, Korina wrote:Additionally, a portion of Cape’s catchup is related to PAD, our predecessor, so we have no interest in interacting with those posts, since what PAD said is of no relevance to what we are doing.
Oh Oh and get this.
In post 1059, Korina wrote:
In post 1057, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1033, Korina wrote:I think anyone who is TRing us is by default suspicious for two reasons:
1) We have not read the game.
2) We look scummy by default when playing, so anyone TRing us tends to be informed.

We are not out of our scumrange, since our townrange and scumrange are more or less the same.
This isn't a case LMAO.
Look if I was mafia you would be a pretty easy push if you are town it ain't that deep champ.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ionship%29
Refer to this game where as town I defend this other town Illwei who really was doing themselves less favors in getting in town's good graces while I was pretty much defending the slot the whole game and boom, they ended up being town.
when in every game i've played on this account for the most part - i have been scumread for simply playing the game, it really makes anyone who trs us stand out, and leads me to believe they are indeed scum trying to pocket.
i agree, i'd be an easy push if you were scum,
but i also think id' be an even easier pocket
if you were scum
like LMAO
In post 1067, Korina wrote:because if cape flips town here it means someone in those four is deepwolfing and i *really* can’t be bothered to try to sort which one is deepwolfing because god finding someone deepwolfing is super hard

Anyway, that's quite enough of that. There is a POE of 4 people right now and I really am not quite sure who it could be, it really could just be Malcolm since has a sickening amount of certainty that would actually make this game auto if true and I find it a bit jumping the gun FMPOV.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1225, Cape90 wrote:you know what could be funny, if Korina's bad "well Cape, you are just POE" push actually came from me and them being w/w

I think Cape should at least have a chance to read the thread first. I extended the same courtesy to both StrangeMatter and yourself.
I’d rather at least be up front that I think the slot is scum, so that might usher some hasty reads from scum, which can be picked up on for lies, or getting a townie to actually town in the slot
In post 865, Ahri wrote:
In post 862, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:You mean bc Malcolm basically only interacted with progo?

never
going to explore that as a scumteam because again, that means Andante is opentrolling as an SE, LQ tr'ed you wrong as an SE, SM is just memeing the entire game, Progo has the worst analysis possible, and Malcolm is just pure afk other than voting me

anyways after rereading Malcolm I do think I want to pursue Korina / Progo; the issue with that is idt Andante was the best lim D1 over me
Why is it that the SEs cannot have incorrect reads? I have more experience than the newbies in this game, and probably one or two of the SEs, but that doesn't make me literally perfect at the game.
and yet you say this
Sit down
These two statements are not contradictory from my POV. They might be from yours, but they are not from mine.
If that’s not what you’re pointing out, I have no idea what the fuck the point of saying thisbis
In post 944, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think Cape has read the game? Unless you think he dropped a scumcase on like the first ISO he didn't like

as far as Korina, not sure, I kinda have the feeling they are town but also I know Pale said things
In post 1031, Korina wrote:Additionally, a portion of Cape’s catchup is related to PAD, our predecessor, so we have no interest in interacting with those posts, since what PAD said is of no relevance to what we are doing.
Oh Oh and get this.
In post 1033, Korina wrote:I think anyone who is TRing us is by default suspicious for two reasons:
2) We look scummy by default when playing, so anyone TRing us tends to be informed.

We are not out of our scumrange, since our townrange and scumrange are more or less the same.
This isn't a case LMAO.
Look if I was mafia you would be a pretty easy push if you are town it ain't that deep champ.
Refer to this game where as town I defend this other town Illwei who really was doing themselves less favors in getting in town's good graces while I was pretty much defending the slot the whole game and boom, they ended up being town.
when in every game i've played on this account for the most part - i have been scumread for simply playing the game, it really makes anyone who trs us stand out, and leads me to believe they are indeed scum trying to pocket.
if you were scum
like LMAO
In post 1067, Korina wrote:because if cape flips town here it means someone in those four is deepwolfing and i *really* can’t be bothered to try to sort which one is deepwolfing because god finding someone deepwolfing is super hard

Anyway, that's quite enough of that. There is a POE of 4 people right now and I really am not quite sure who it could be, it really could just be Malcolm since has a sickening amount of certainty that would actually make this game auto if true and I find it a bit jumping the gun FMPOV.
RE:
Cape what? Slow down
In post 1222, MalcolmTucker wrote:
If you're going on my theory that we have one mafia who went on first vote bandwagon and another who stayed off
, that'd leave Korina in a team with either myself or Cape
Read the first part, Malcolm isn't saying that the team
has
to be me or him
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

Due to ongoing legibility issues, I request that going forward, players not use color tags in their posts in this game, unless they first check the legibility on all of the MS templates.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-2

The plot element that set Date With The Angels apart from other sitcoms, was Vickie Angel's daydream sequences. The show's sponsor, the Plymouth car company demanded that the fantasy sequences be done away with, because they felt that fantasy doesn't connect with home audiences. Imagine that.

Not Voting
(5): Somnus, MalcolmTucker, Cape90, ProgoWoshua, Ahri

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 8, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-08 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Ahri »

VOTE: ProgoWoshua

go next
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:21 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1229, Ahri wrote:VOTE: ProgoWoshua

go next
What's with the certainty on Progo? Possible candidate but not nailed down.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:53 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

go next
Why me?
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 1231, ProgoWoshua wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

and im in too many games so this one needs to finish so I can play more
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 1225, Cape90 wrote:you know what could be funny, if Korina's bad "well Cape, you are just POE" push actually came from me and them being w/w

In post 865, Ahri wrote:

never

and yet you say this
Sit down

Oh Oh and get this.

This isn't a case LMAO.
if you were scum
like LMAO

Poe of 4

when im openly spewed town and somnus is consensus town

good one
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1232, Ahri wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

Why do you think I'm mafia?

And voting me now will only extend this game for another day, sorry.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1233, Ahri wrote:

In post 865, Ahri wrote:

never

and yet you say this
Sit down

Oh Oh and get this.

This isn't a case LMAO.
if you were scum
like LMAO

Poe of 4

when im openly spewed town and somnus is consensus town

good one
I'm not going to discount any of you LMAO
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Somnus »

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

I know you've more or less checked out of this game, unfortunately, but I'm hoping you can at least provide details on your stance here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:16 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1236, Somnus wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

I know you've more or less checked out of this game, unfortunately, but I'm hoping you can at least provide details on your stance here.
Getting the impression Ahri has basically stopped playing and doesn't have a proper stance, just picking Progo because why not. Complicates things for the town a bit.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

Getting the impression Ahri has basically stopped playing and doesn't have a proper stance, just picking Progo because why not. Complicates things for the town a bit.
Either way, Progo
should
do something more today then what they have done
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:13 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1238, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1237, MalcolmTucker wrote:

go next
Why me?
bc ur maf

Either way, Progo
should
do something more today then what they have done
You're right, I should do something.

How about this?

VOTE: ProgoWoshua, I'm in E-1 now.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Cape90 »

uh
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Cape90 »

that's not what i meant
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Cape90 »

who is the last mafia progo?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1242, Cape90 wrote:who is the last mafia progo?
Me. I'm the most suspicious person here.

I mean, I barely had any meaningful interactions with Korina's slot, which is what I expect from a newbie scum.

After that, I voted for Korina when they were being suspected more than me. This looks like clear cut bussing, don't you think?

After reading everyone's ISOs, I decided that I'm the most likely scum partner for Korina.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Okay, I can't do this.

UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua

I wanted to make a crazy play to draw a careless hammer. But keeping up the facade for two posts was genuinely painful.

In all honest tho, today's vote should be between me and Ahri. If we're both alive at ELo, she's voting me for sure.

VOTE: Ahri

If the game continues after that, I'm leaning towards scum Malcolm, but I'll probably reassess depending on who votes who and who gets night killed.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

What in the hell did I just read?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ok. For starters...can people stop proposing these ridiculous 1v1 gladiator battles? This is a team game. If I agreed to this nonsense, which I don't, you'd easily get my vote right now, Progo, just based on today.

Ahri has been convinced you scum-slipped on Day One. I'm not, but it's something that has loomed over your head since post 436. Lickety planned on tunneling you hard Day 2 and he ends up dead Night One. Ok, there's a lot of reasons he could have been the night kill though. They certainly don't all involve you. He also wanted to push hard on Malcolm and Korina after you.

I hate that Ahri has basically given up on this game since early in Day 2. I really wish I read her as scum because it would be a pretty easy vote on Day 3. Unless she set up a bussing situation with Korina starting late Day 1 and then decided to coast to a quiet victory the rest of the way, I don't think she's scum. If we see a Day 4 and she and I are both somehow still around, I'll reassess my stance here, as I've done at the start of both Day 2 and Day 3.

With that said...no one should EVER read someone voting for themselves and then open-claiming mafia as pro-town. And then you changed your mind roughly an hour later (regret for throwing the game?). I hated when Ahri self-voted on Day 1 and thought it was a bad play, but I at least understood the situation she was setting up. I disagreed with it, and still do, but I at least understood her reasoning. Anyone who sees that play that you made here and says, "Wow! Such town!" will look arguably scummier than you.

This isn't personal. I like you as a person and you seem like a good dude. I don't know how you survive Day 3 with those posts though. And I say that for a few reasons. We went into Day 3 with two shots to lim the remaining scum. Despite not having any power roles left, that's not too bad. Let's say you somehow now survive Day 3 and we do in fact end up in a Day 4. Out of myself, Malcolm, Ahri, and Cape, 2 of those 4 are going to be in a vote with you still around and the insanity/open-mafia claim you just did is going to weigh in on the decision, rather than looking at everything else.

Here's the Outcomes I see:

1. If you're scum and you did this, I feel bad for Korina, and it's going to feel somewhat hollow if this is how we win. I'd still take it, but it'll feel kind of cheap.

2. You're town, and you go into a 2:1 on Day 4 (what mafia in their right mind is going to night kill you now?) with what you just did weighing heavily on the decision and potentially costing town the game.

3. You're scum and somehow coast to an easy scum victory now because people were insane enough to read what you pulled here and go, "Wow! What a townie move! Definitely not scum!". This one seems the least likely, as I doubt anyone is giving you townie points for any of this.

4. You're town and get voted off Day 3 for putting yourself at E-1 and open-claiming mafia after someone put a single vote on you with their entire argument literally being, "bc ur maf".

All four scenarios suck, with the first one sucking the least. In addition to all of that, with this post:

"I just picked one at random. But if you insists" (1145), I'd be concerned with you casting the game-deciding vote if we see a Day 4.

If you're scum, Korina is likely going to have a bone to pick with you post-game. If you're town and you helped give the game to scum by doing this, myself and 5 other people are going to have a bone to pick with you post-game. Even if you somehow flip town, I can't say I would have blamed Cape for quick-hammering you there. Same goes to Malcolm if he had been around during that. If ever there was a reason to quick-hammer someone, I'd say open-claiming mafia is right up there near the top of the list.

Again, you seem like a good dude and regardless of your alignment, I hope this isn't you basically quitting the game and mafia in general and then having regrets shortly thereafter. But to me, for all of the reasons I just outlined, I don't see how you can survive Day 3 here.

I'd like Ahri, Cape, and Malcolm to weigh in before I vote.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 1244, ProgoWoshua wrote:Okay, I can't do this.

UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua

I wanted to make a crazy play to draw a careless hammer. But keeping up the facade for two posts was genuinely painful.

In all honest tho, today's vote should be between me and Ahri. If we're both alive at ELo, she's voting me for sure.

VOTE: Ahri

If the game continues after that, I'm leaning towards scum Malcolm, but I'll probably reassess depending on who votes who and who gets night killed.
so instead of finding mafia

you'd rather just OMGUS

xD

tbf the original reason I voted you was because I cleared Somnus and I wanted a Cape / Ahri / Malcolm endgame more than any other two players - feels like higher winrate

but after rereading SM and Cape I really dislike them being w/w with Korina

and Somnus / Cape are good enough to see that my interactions with Korina are never w/w

so idm limming you two b2b and idrc which one goes first
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

et

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”