Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:38 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

kloud1516 wrote:
@LF:
I agree it is very possible, as we are dealing with the almighty Farside-mod. Anything is possible in this realm, so I will not be taking anything at face value.
You are taking the most plausable explaination (from your standpoint) though and running with it. If anyone is taking something at face value its you.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Porochaz »

Its obviously a joke and I have explained it and even linked to the post/thread I was referring to, its possible sure and in my last post I wasnt denying that it isnt possible but its just very unlikely, and I think its so unlikely that Im asking him to look through completed games to see how unlikely it is. Not an unfair thing to ask. Im not even sure why Im defending myself against a case made initially by an SK trying to survive. If after hes looked that up and still think Im a mafia rolecop, fair enough but I personally think it would need more than a minor coincidence and an overreaction by a SK.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:02 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Porochaz wrote:I personally think it would need more than a minor coincidence and an overreaction by a SK.
This. Its even more plausable then a town rolecop.
Co-host of The USL Show
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No, now you're just lying, it's the SK you outed with your role.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Lying about what?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

Good job, Jester Xtoxm!
Or, stupid Xtoxm SK/Survivor/Scum/Town.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Cult.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
@LF:
I agree it is very possible, as we are dealing with the almighty Farside-mod. Anything is possible in this realm, so I will not be taking anything at face value.
You are taking the most plausable explaination (from your standpoint) though and running with it. If anyone is taking something at face value its you.
If I was taking it at face value, I would have voted for Poro. Me claiming that yes, I feel the Mafia Role Cop role should it be in play would trump an outed SK is not taking anything for face value.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

kloud1516 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
@LF:
If I was taking it at face value, I would have voted for Poro. Me claiming that yes, I feel the Mafia Role Cop role should it be in play would trump an outed SK is not taking anything for face value.
So what... if xtoxm flips SK you try and get a Poro lynch D2 for being a mafia rolecop?
Co-host of The USL Show
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
@LF:
So what... if xtoxm flips SK you try and get a Poro lynch D2 for being a mafia rolecop?
No, not necessarily, for xtoxm has already claimed SK and, as such, I am already anticipating him flipping SK. At this point, it is, as acknowledged, pure speculation that Poro is a Mafia Rolecop, and since xtomx has repeatedly said he is a SK, I am not sure how much evidence can be discerned from Poro's accusation being right. He has not exhibited scummy behavior (no one really has, seeing as we have a page seven lynch), and there is always the possibility for there to be a Pro-town Daycop, but this situation will definitely make me follow Poro more closely than before.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Porochaz wrote:I personally think it would need more than a minor coincidence and an overreaction by a SK.
This. Its even more plausable then a town rolecop.
And this, as well. I have not yet looked through the links, but will do so shortly. Poro has cited a reference for his earlier comment, which is also a proponent to the situation in my opinion. I am not just going to blindly accuse someone of being scum without reasoning to do so, LF, and speculation alone is not good enough reasoning.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, a couple things might be worth drawing attention to. Xtoxm seems to have attempted to self hammer and might be claiming cult now. I suspect everyone caught that but it's been largely ignored. (Why would cult try to get themselves killed anymore than SK would?)

Also, we might or might not be in twilight. It's been a bit and farside22 was very careful to include in her rules:
farside22 wrote:12) A lynch will require the votes of a majority of players. When a majority is reached, no further votes/unvotes will be counted. If majority is not reached by deadline the person with the highest votes is lynched.
Be aware that the numbers may be misleading when it comes to votes.
She then made a point of asking us later to:
farside22 wrote:Please, please read the rules carefully especially the rules I put in bold.
I don't think that we should assume that today is over until we get an end of day message.

I know my jester speculation was a stretch. Here's an even bigger one. Is there any chance Xtoxm has some sort of pathalogical liar post restriction and that he's showing us with actions that he doesn't get a vote?

Perhaps a more plausible explanation would be that convicted felons don't get to vote (at least in "A Head in the Polls".)

In any case, I'm worried that we're still making assumptions that perhaps we shouldn't.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Dukes
Dukes
Townie
Dukes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Dukes »

"It's possible, and it's the case in this game. Your comment is not a joke and makes no sense unless you are a Mafia Rolecop."

Wow, sore loser much? I mean, really, he takes a stab in the dark with a probe vote, and the first thing you do is break down and confess, then act like everyone who's against you is a scummie? Seriously, I know I'm the newbie to this board, but that may be the worst play by a SK I've seen in ages. Even if he is a day-cop, which couldn't be proven and as we've clearly seen would not be considered gospel anyway, you could've at least claimed he was paranoid, naive, or bluffing rather than throwing the game like that!

Anyway, I'm torn on whether to ask any protectors to use it on Poro. It's true he led us in the first lynch and all, but OTOH, it may have been a stab in the dark. Guessing which it is turns into WIFOM in my head and makes it hurt badly. I will, however, say that if there is a doctor out there, don't bother using it on me, since I have no ability anyway.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Zorblag wrote:Perhaps a more plausible explanation would be that convicted felons don't get to vote (at least in "A Head in the Polls".)
This actually sounds plausable. In family guy mafia I was voteless to start the game and a night action of mine turned another player into a double voter.

@Kloud - I still dont like the fact that you are leaning Poro scum for having outed an SK on what I STILL think was a joke. If poro is a rolecop, I think he is town. It makes sense if you think about the past game even. Remember the tracker/watcher scum? I dont think that there are any universal scum roles outside of GF, traitor types and framer. I have seen (and experianced) town RBers, I could easily see a town rolecop if the results could be ambiguous. Almost every role can be forced to fit both alignments. Starting a case on speculation of a role is scummy to me.
Co-host of The USL Show
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I've been quite busy as of late, and I spoke with Farside about it already. I apologize for arriving late, but I have read what's been going on. Seriously, it's quite ridiculous. Zorblag brings up a good point when mentioning that the votes can be misleading. Having been in Farside's Family Guy game, I remember this happening before, and we were told early, by the person who knew of their vote restriction, who they were, so that we wouldn't be confused. To put an end to this (hopefully), I'm going to
Vote: Xtoxm
, because he should be dead by now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

The mod went out and had a life vote count:

Xtoxm 7 vote: (Porochaz, wolframnhart, Dukes, Drunken Piper, Gorrad, LlamaFluff, Xtoxm)
Jahudo 1 vote: (pacman281292)
kloud1516 1 vote: (Jahudo)
Dukes 1 vote: (Zorblag)

Not voting:

GhostWriter
kloud1516

With 12 alive it will take 7 to lynch
Deadline is November 12th, 3:00pm PST

Lynch scene will be up in 5 minutes.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

You circle xtoxm.
"Hey xtoxm is always a SK. We should lynch him" Poro says
"What? You must be a daycop scum how else would you know this?" xtoxm cries.
(pause)
"Is he joking?"
"Can it be true?"
xtoxm changes before your eyes as it is clear he will be the one you will disassemble this day.

"Oh no it's robot Santa!!"
"You have all been naughty. I will give you a present that you will never forget on Xmas."
"Get him!"
xtoxm/ Santa's head is ripped off and his circuits spark. A dark cloud rises above the remains of the robot.
You decide to play it save and take apart the whole robot. No one wants Robot Santa to reactivate.

Xtoxm - Robot Santa - SK - Disassembled day 1

Night 1 actions are do Thursday Oct 30th 8:00am PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 am

Post by farside22 »

This is Morbo with v2 News. We go live now to Planet Express were the crew awakes with someone missing.
The crew search the offices, the living room, the ship, the locker rooms.
You find Gorrad gutted out in the trash can with a fish in his claw. Claw?
What is with a claw?
The search of Gorrads body and sure enough you find his true idenity.

This can't be good. He wasn't the best employee or well even the best doctor, but he was a doctor none the less.
Morbo is less happy as it should be a human that dies every time.

Gorrad - Dr. Zoidberg – not so good with humans (aka doc) - gutted night 1

Day 2 Deadline Nov 18th 4:00pm PST
With 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch.
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Gorrad »

WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

crap...
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Dukes
Dukes
Townie
Dukes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Dukes »

First question: What's V/LA stand for? I know it means "AFK", but still.

So, to the game. As a matter of first recourse, if I had to make a blind stab at who gets the next rope, I'd guess either Jahudo, Zorblag, or pacman. Not because I have any hard evidence yet -- though if anyone does, I'd like to hear it -- but because Xtoxm confessed scummie and they still voted for someone else. Of them, Zorblag's really bothers me, because even after the hammer vote cast by Xtoxm himself, he's trying to come up with a way that Xtoxm could be a non-scum role. So, for a half-probe, half-OMGUS vote...

Vote: Zorblag
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Yeah that a weak vote. I think the right spots to look are towards the people who began labling poro as scum early in the game, and sewing seeds for a lynch of him today. If Poro is a rolecop (which I doubt he is) its more then likely town aligned.

I need to look over wolf, dukes and kloud before making a choice
Co-host of The USL Show
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Dukes wrote:...trying to come up with a way that Xtoxm could be a non-scum role.
X wasn't scum, he was third party. He was anti-town, of course, but not scum. My main reason for not voting him was for this reason. We need to find scum and day 1 ended before we got very far at all on that subject.
LlamaFluff wrote:I think the right spots to look are towards the people who began labling poro as scum early in the game, and sewing seeds for a lynch of him today.
Agreed. I want to hear more from the people that are considering poro scum based on the mafia day role cop theory or any other current poro scum theory.

Wolf: Do you still think that poro was messing around with X? When you say that poro could "maybe" be a mafia role cop, are you saying that anyone in this game could be mafia role cop or poro specifically could be mafia role cop?

Dukes: Now that we know poro wasn't bussing X (since X was third party), do you see any change in your ranking of possibilities for what poro could be? The conspiracy theory is out but how would you approach looking at a player day 2 who could be town role cop, scum role cop, or other?

Kloud: You mention "coincidence" when talking about poro guessing X's role. How is your argument related and/or unrelated to a WIFOM argument from what poro could have intentionally done or what could have happened to him by chance?

Llama: Explain how you think Wolf, Dukes, and kloud could have been suggesting a poro 2 lynch. Key word lynch. Was there anything visibly suggestive?

Group: How do you read Llama's suggestion on people leading a poro lynch? Do you think he is exaggerating how serious they were in their suspicions?

Also Llama, why do you say poro could be town role cop?

For the record, I don't think day 1 had any indication that poro was any kind of investigative role.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Jahudo wrote:Llama: Explain how you think Wolf, Dukes, and kloud could have been suggesting a poro 2 lynch. Key word lynch. Was there anything visibly suggestive?
Wolf suggested that poro may of been a rolecop in a way that it seemed like he was more putting out the idea for people to feed off, which I view as pretty bad and hits a personal scumtell of mine which is "presenting information for others to interpret".

Dukes made the bussing argument, but I think that was more bad logic then anything else. His opening post today seems to follow the same type of reasoning which I have a hard time following or seeing as highly credible.

Kloud made the push a little more blatant then the other players. It may of been the wording of 143, but the part of the post regarding poro sounded like he was starting to move to the lynch citing that it was "too much of a coincidence". When pushed on it he called it speculation and he backed down on the thought.
Also Llama, why do you say poro could be town role cop?
Not something I am answering directly, given what I have picked up on from posts though its very likely to see a town rolecop.
For the record, I don't think day 1 had any indication that poro was any kind of investigative role.
I agree here. I think the order for poro is something like vanilla, mafia, town rolecop, scum rolecop.
Co-host of The USL Show
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

For the record, "scum" includes mafia AND SK.

Jahudo, I agree with Llama...I think some were setting up for a Poro lynch (remember reading thinking..."what?")...I need to reread to see how exactly it all went down though.

I think that Dukes vote is really weak and his reasoning poor, but he did state that it was a "probe"/OMGUS vote. Dukes, usually a "probe" also uses questions. What is probing about this vote at the beginning of Day 2?...do you think it is wise to OMGUS vote in day 2?

going to reread when I have time, though there is not much to read..X's poor play really made it easy for us.
(hic)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”