Newbie 2088 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 116, furtiveglance wrote:If Ofmercia is mafia we may see a counter vote soon proposed
In post 168, furtiveglance wrote:If my mafia buddy was going out d1 I would try to stop it at all costs, because 1 in 7 is pretty impossible. At the moment no one is defending Ofmercia (O from now on), so I have a sinking feeling that there is more than meets the eye with this current vote. I would love it to be a quick win as well, but I'm just worried. To clarify I do have a scumlean on O for their play so far, but based on the voting and lack of defence of O I am worried they could be defensive/unhelpful town.
I don't like that in the first post frutive made a statement the indicates he knows what scum might do to save their partner - try and angle for a different elimination.

But in the next post is hesitant about ofmercia's wagon because scum are not doing something that scum are very unlikely to do - hard defend their buddy.

I think I would chalk it up as a newbie take in 168 if he had not already made 116.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 173, TTTT wrote:
In post 166, Lukewarm wrote:UNVOTE:

I am not ready for the day to end, and don't want this on hammer range
why did you remove this pressure
ofmercia is still refusing to talk
and this doesn't help

Three votes with my vote still there in spirit is still pressure. But I don't like e-1 this early because of hammer shenanigans
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 168, furtiveglance wrote:I think I missed what was towny about Malcolm's 32. It wasn't towny to me, it was neutral. I don't get the 108 explanation either. I'm not sure I would have voted O for voting Malcolm after Luke's readlist, but since that I have scumread O more. 74 seems to try and shrug off responsibility for the O wagon, I'm not sure I like that.
Wrt 320 succinctly, I think it looks like it comes more from the mindset of a townie without reads then scum trying to appear town.

You misunderstood the point of 74. I stand by my scum read of the slot and my vote. That was in response to ofmercia's saying my vote looked opportunistic because it was the their vote on them.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:47 am

Post by TTTT »

e-2 is not really pressure
e-1 plus intent to hammer is what it looks like it will take for ofmercia to engage
lolhammers are very rare in newbie games
or at least they used to be
it's been awhile
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.03

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-02-15 09:30:00).

VC
ofmerica [3]:
Val89, TTTT, Eyes without a face
Lukewarm [1]:
ofmerica
furtiveglance [1]:
clidd
Not Voting [4]:
furtiveglance, MalcolmTucker, Lukewarm, Shotbun

Mod Notes
  • Let me know if there are any errors
  • Val89 is V/LA through 2/11
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 171, ofmercia wrote:
In post 163, Shotbun wrote:Let me ask you something ofmercia - what are your current reads and who do you think is the scummiest?
clidd - town, decent posts. doesn't seem to be hiding or faking anything to me

eyes - scum, 149 is just bizarre and i don't feel it comes from town

fruit - town/null, wasn't too sure what was going on with the refresh page shenanigans but 168 looks promising

lukewarm - scum/null, i can kinda see him with malcom

malcom - scum, posts come off as ingenuine and trying to look busy, has been a lot of defending others posts in order to refute basically anything i post. it's as if he knows something, i get the feeling he is changing his posts to fit me as scum at any cost

shotbun - null, i agree with clidds take on you

TTTT - town, trying to lead town and get support for hunting scum and even townies who piss him off

val - null, suspicious leaving vote while going away for so long. especially since it was a random vote. maybe just was that busy so null.
I don't like these reads. My instinct is now ofmercia and TTT if ofmercia is a newer player, but that might be too easy.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Saw a couple people comment on it, but Val should not be sussed for going on VLA. That is a very NAI thing

I have never encountered someone setting their account VLA as a scum ploy in my ~30 games I have been in on site.

For starters setting your account into VLA is public in every thread they are in, so if a player is alive in more then one game going VLA will appear in every game.

Someone just disappear/being absent is fair game for suspicion, but going VLA isn't imo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hey guys, I think furtive is scum - Like, he has passed my ofmercia scum read.

Of Mercia, can you please give tttt a direct answer to his question about your game experience so my vote on furtive won't be disrupting TTTT's efforts to pressure an answer out of you

VOTE: furtive
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 163, Shotbun wrote:Let me ask you something ofmercia - what are your current reads and who do you think is the scummiest?

fruit - town/null, wasn't too sure what was going on with the refresh page shenanigans but 168 looks promising

malcom - scum, posts come off as ingenuine and trying to look busy, has been a lot of defending others posts in order to refute basically anything i post. it's as if he knows something, i get the feeling he is changing his posts to fit me as scum at any cost

TTTT - town, trying to lead town and get support for hunting scum and even townies who piss him off

val - null, suspicious leaving vote while going away for so long. especially since it was a random vote. maybe just was that busy so null.
Sorry but the idea Lukewarm and I are both mafia going for a townie at the same time just doesn't make sense, it'd be an incredibly silly strategy this early into the game. Your approach so far just seems to be to suspect players who suspect you.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

What does it mean to pass a scum read?
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 183, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Sorry but the idea Lukewarm and I are both mafia going for a townie at the same time just doesn't make sense, it'd be an incredibly silly strategy this early into the game. Your approach so far just seems to be to suspect players who suspect you.
Incorrect. If that were the case I'd have 8 scum reads.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Jesus Christ ofmercia, please give a direct answer to TTTT's question in your next post or my vote will move back to you
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 184, furtiveglance wrote:What does it mean to pass a scum read?
My scum read of ofmercia existed, then my scum read of you existed, then my scum read of you became stronger then my scum read of ofmercia
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by ofmercia »

UNVOTE:

Will leave my vote open for now, I don't think my vote was particularly doing anything.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: ofmercia
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

@ofmerica I know it's been alluded to just above, but can we ask again why you are not giving a direct reply to TT's question about your mafia experience? It is really, really weird that you are continually and wilfully avoiding this. And like Lukewarm I'm not seeing a way to avoid casting a vote for you when you're actively avoiding answering an important question that has been asked by another player, it is so simple to answer.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 185, ofmercia wrote:
In post 183, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Incorrect. If that were the case I'd have 8 scum reads.
I'm not sure that's true - not everyone has necessarily suspected you entirely with some more doubtful than others. You're clearly just deciding the players who have gone heaviest on you must be mafia which would be an incredibly weird strategy to go for from our perspective so early on if we were a team.
Shotbun
Shotbun
Townie
Shotbun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Shotbun »

Good morning. If I didn't see things wrong, ofmercia is at E-1.

I have an intention to drop the hammer in a bit.

I was going to do a bit more deeper reading but I feel like ofmercia has shown some lack of cooperation which hurts the town overall.
In post 181, Lukewarm wrote:Saw a couple people comment on it, but Val should not be sussed for going on VLA. That is a very NAI thing

I have never encountered someone setting their account VLA as a scum ploy in my ~30 games I have been in on site.

For starters setting your account into VLA is public in every thread they are in, so if a player is alive in more then one game going VLA will appear in every game.

Someone just disappear/being absent is fair game for suspicion, but going VLA isn't imo.
In my defense, this is literally my first game here and first time seeing VLA.
Shotbun
Shotbun
Townie
Shotbun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:40 am

Post by Shotbun »

I'm also going to repeat what Eyes said in ; If ofmercia turns out to be town, we sure messed up real good - but can we blamed for it? If anything, we can assume that mafia has something to do with the elimination if ofmercia becomes green.
Shotbun
Shotbun
Townie
Shotbun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:41 am

Post by Shotbun »

can we be blamed*

I need coffee, sorry.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 193, Shotbun wrote:I'm also going to repeat what Eyes said in ; If ofmercia turns out to be town, we sure messed up real good - but can we blamed for it? If anything, we can assume that mafia has something to do with the elimination if ofmercia becomes green.
You'd presume mafia will be somewhat involved given it's likely there's going to be quite a hefty bandwagon, but could be difficult to determine whether they've driven the bandwagon or jumped onto it at a point which was convenient. If ofmerica isn't mafia, that is.

I'd agree though we can't be blamed if ofmerica comes back clean. They've had multiple opportunities to comply with fairly basic requests from the town but so far have continually refused to do so. I can't see the logic behind that at all, from either a town or mafia POV, but it hasn't been helpful.

Personally I'd hold off on us officially voting out ofmerica for now though. If that's our consensus then there's no need to rush - indeed, if ofmerica comes back green then I'd argue it's more suspect for mafia to want to push this vote through immediately. We're best taking stock and having further discussion which could give us more useful info to use further down the line irrespective of what ofmerica is. It'd also be interesting to know from every player who they intend to vote for this turn, so that some can't just weasel out of it and claim they didn't back getting rid of ofmerica or someone else irrespective of what happens.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:59 am

Post by ofmercia »

Me refusing to answer a question has really brought a lot of attention and I rolled with it in order for it to be a town tell, but now that I stated it to be a town tell the jig is up. Not sure in what universe scum flat out denies to answer a simple question with a lot of pressure from multiple players. I guess I assumed wrong and somehow it's actually a scum tell. Or maybe players feel it's town but have been convinced by others or by their self conscience that it's "anti town" for 1 question not to be answered. But then the dilemma is that town is ok with lynching town, which makes no sense to me. So I give up hope. Townies pull it together for the rest of the game for the love of god.

Intent to hammer.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:03 am

Post by ofmercia »

Are we allowed to register for another game while active game is on? Need to get noob games done asap.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 196, ofmercia wrote:Me refusing to answer a question has really brought a lot of attention and I rolled with it in order for it to be a town tell, but now that I stated it to be a town tell the jig is up. Not sure in what universe scum flat out denies to answer a simple question with a lot of pressure from multiple players. I guess I assumed wrong and somehow it's actually a scum tell. Or maybe players feel it's town but have been convinced by others or by their self conscience that it's "anti town" for 1 question not to be answered. But then the dilemma is that town is ok with lynching town, which makes no sense to me. So I give up hope. Townies pull it together for the rest of the game for the love of god.

Intent to hammer.
I mean I've acknowledged myself that it's really bizarre for mafia to just actively avoid answering such a basic question to the point that it makes me wonder if you're town after all, but I still don't get what you're actually aiming to achieve through such an approach? It's an incredibly simple question to answer which would help us, as a town, to get a better idea of your experience and past as a player, but you're still refusing to actually answer that! TT correctly pointed out if you're under pressure the best way to try and ease the heat on you is to answer any queries players may have provided doing so isn't harmful to the town as a whole. Like...I'm reading your post, and I still don't know why you've avoided it? Doing something deliberately to make you appear like a town player doesn't automatically make it so, especially if that is your actual tactic. Like, I'm still unsure if you are mafia or not at this point, because your strategy just seems incredibly bizarre, but why have you actively played in a way which makes things more difficult for yourself if you are part of the town?

Your argument seems to be here that if you do things that make you look like mafia then you inherently can't be mafia because someone working against the town wouldn't make such basic errors. But, again, we don't know how experienced you are, so we have no idea if it not answering questions is a rookie error or a panicked newbie mafia not wanting to give the game away or whatever else.

I'm still open to being swayed to vote for someone else. I've not cast my vote yet and I'd prefer we hold off for a while. But making yourself seem like a prime suspect on the first day when we inherently lack information is always going to make you a target for elimination because we can't go on voting records or a lot of past contradictory information. I'm up for changing my vote if better evidence against someone else emerges, but thus far your argument seems to rest on your suspects being the exact people who have either pushed to vote for you or who have questioned you, which isn't convincing at all.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:40 am

Post by ofmercia »

Oh boy. Will hammer in 24 hours.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”