Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:46 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

olliep13 wrote:Locus, do those odds include killings at night by assassins, serial killers etc
:roll: DISCLAIMER: May not account for the actions of serial killers, multiple town groups, town groups that choose not to kill, vigilantes, one-shot vigilantes, multiple-but-finite shot vigilantes, doctors, town doctors, roleblockers, bulletproof mafia, bulletproof townies, survivalists, weak old ladies, cults, arsonists, cannibals, cowards, lynching masons, or transcendental cryptanalysts. Offer void in the state of Indiana.

Does that cover everything? :P
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:48 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

We don't have to make a random firing squad ever. You people are far too pessimistic! Why do you even play the game if you don't want to engage one of the primary activities of the game? We're supposed to look at people's posts and see if they look scummy.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:48 pm

Post by Coron »

Vote: Zoneface
for having absolutely nothing important said this game.
I know I haven't said much but... look at his two posts....
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Post by Coron »

or should I say....
unvote vote: Zoneface[/b[
All better.

NOW POST CONTENT ZONE!!!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:52 pm

Post by Coron »

bahbah
unvote Vote:Zoneface

Sorry.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:09 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

We have to make a decision before this day starts dragging on and on. Do we agree that a lynch is the way to go? Are the no-lynchers going to abstain today?

Request mod to pls post a vote count on who is voting, who is voting for no-lynch and who is not voting at all. Thanks.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Now
that
I can agree with Coron.
Vote: Zoneace

Had to restrain myself from putting an f in there. I'd like to poke a little activity here.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:51 pm

Post by Coron »

Oh right. I keep trying to remind myself.

I deserve to be voted by him for that.

Just cuz.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:03 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I could definitely go with ZONEACE. While I don't exactly have that many posts myself, at least I've felt like I've done
something
. While I'm not that opposed to no lynch- I'd hope that info-gathering roles on the mafia side could help influence us in the right direction on later days- I wouldn't call lynching someone a mistake, either. After all, if nothing else we're getting the jump on the townies. So... lurker/useless player hunt, I guess.

Vote: ZONEACE
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

A note after looking through the game with posts-by-player: joe has only one post the entire game, and that contains very little other than a quick vote. If we're going after useless posters, he'd be at the top of my list, but I'll leave my vote on ZONEACE for now, until I hear more opinions on this.
To be Continued...
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by Maximus »

A "no-lynch" is not definitely way to go with especially game this big. My vote will stay on HairyMezican because he has made poor defensive statements, he used the "these ppl are bad cuz they voted for me" technique rather than defending himself.

And a vote count and prod for ZoneAce would be nice.
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:41 pm

Post by commify »

DarkLight140 wrote:A note after looking through the game with posts-by-player: joe has only one post the entire game, and that contains very little other than a quick vote. If we're going after useless posters, he'd be at the top of my list, but I'll leave my vote on ZONEACE for now, until I hear more opinions on this.
Joe's been lurking longer, though--nothing since page one.

vote joe
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:25 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Again, sorry for the lack of vote counts.

Vote Count

6 HairyMezican (Maximus, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Locus Cosecant, lazarusmoth, ZONEACE)
5 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Coron, Uraj45, DarkLight140)
2 Locus Cosecant (JDTAY, Coron)
1 joe (commify)
1 lazarusmoth (joe)
1 PeaceBringer (HairyMezican)
1 No lynch (olliep13)

11 to lynch.

On a side note, I will have limited/no access this weekend. I will be back Sunday night so I will be able to update then.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
joe
joe
Townie
joe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:46 pm

Post by joe »

Sorry for my inactivity - been busy.

To me Hairymezican seems guilty. The fact that he claimed goon seems scummish. In my experience the bad guys always seem to claim a simple townie role as they can not be proven wrong until they are killed.

It was also suspicious how he tried to turn a lot of attention off of himself towards people who really didn't seem guilty.

For these reasons...

vote hairy mezican
joe
joe
Townie
joe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:50 pm

Post by joe »

...Forgot to unvote

unvote
[b/]

vote hairymezican
[b/]
joe
joe
Townie
joe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:51 pm

Post by joe »

unvote

vote hairymezican
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:16 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

I think I'm voting for a third party right now.

*sigh*
unvote

I don't really feel like voting for myself, and ZONEACE does seem a little suspicious. Not as suspicious as me, I guess, and not as suspicious to me as PeaceBringer, but enough to get my vote for now.
vote: ZONEACE

**** WARNING: BIG FREAKING POST FOLLOWS ****
PeaceBringer wrote: You jumped on someone for minor stuff and folks reacted quickly. I voted to get reaction and see what is going on. I then unvoted (something I do a lot of regardless of role) and looking at what happens. What pray tell have we to discuss or interact about on a day one. We need stuff to happen. I have learned a lot recently about my being more effective if I watch reactions generated by others rather then trying to cause reactions myself. I still do it some, but get better reads by sitting back.
This is my first game, and I think I am probably guilty of this as well, you still seem a little bit suspicious to me.
PeaceBringer wrote: didn't unvote because HM you claimed to be "safe" goal on day one is to get through without lynching a role player and hope to lynch scum. I suspect HM you picked someone in the so-called "hot spot" in order to try and bandwagon quick. I always suspected "town" claims who put up a strong fight to survive, especially on day one.
fair enough, I am indeed a safe lynch. It is kind of interesting that you are claiming that I am putting up a strong fight to survive, and LazarusMoth is claiming that I give up too easily. Oh well. If I do get lynched day 1, I hope that I will have provided the mafia with enough information about everybody elses reactions to help lynch the townies.
olliep wrote: HairyMezican:
I disagree with the way you've listed suspects in your last post.

Firstly, I don't think I "haven't posted much". I'm sure there are other people who havent posted as much as me. Yeah, and this is my first mafia game.

Secondly, there should be nine people on your "no lynch list". Only 12 people currently have votes on people.

Then you put me on the list for voting you, even though i unvoted you. I think that you should redo your lists and then you will realise that I don't deserve to be a suspect.

Still not voting. I still think that we dont have enough cause or evidence to lynch someone and we should wait til tomorrow.
1) I think when I posted that message, you hadn't been talking much. Since then, you have been posting much more.

2) No, there were only 3 people that were supporting a "no lynch" option. This is very different from an undecided as to who to vote for option.

3) I don't find the fact that people are voting for me suspicious. I find the fact that I got so many votes so quickly a little bit concerning. Obviously some of the people voting for me were concerned Mafia, but I think that there are probably some townies in there as well seeking to end the day with the least amount of conversation possible. That particular list contained the people that I felt jumped on me a little too quickly. If people vote for me now that I have had a good chance to defend my actions, I would not find that scummy at all.

4) What do you think will happen between now and tomorrow that will give better cause to lynch someone? 2 people will be killed, and they will surely be the least suspicious 2. I would encourage you to vote for someone. The lynching is more than just a way to eliminate someone. It is a way to confirm someone's role, with the cost that that person is also eliminated. When 2 people are already getting killed every night, it really doesn't do that much more damage to the town to eliminate a single extra person at random, and it does do the town quite a bit of good to get rid of some of the more suspicious people to find out if they were scum or not. You two main options at this point are either me or ZONEACE, and I would encourage you to vote for one of us.

5) Yes, I know that this is your first game. It is my first game too. Which is why I'm not claiming that some of your behaviour that I find scummy is a clear indication that you are scum.
Maximus wrote: My vote will stay on HairyMezican because he has made poor defensive statements, he used the "these ppl are bad cuz they voted for me" technique rather than defending himself.
I don't think that's quite what I've done. I think I will just leave it at that.
joe wrote: it was also suspicious how he tried to turn a lot of attention off of himself towards people who really didn't seem guilty.
My goal was to get the mafia talking. When people talk, the people with less to hide win. I think I did a pretty good job of illuminating suspicious people, and surely I could probably go into a separate list all by myself.

Sorry for the long post. Lynch on.
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:38 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

HairyMezican wrote:I think I'm voting for a third party right now.

*sigh*
unvote

I don't really feel like voting for myself, and ZONEACE does seem a little suspicious. Not as suspicious as me, I guess, and not as suspicious to me as PeaceBringer, but enough to get my vote for now.
vote: ZONEACE
wait, you find PB more suspicious than me but you vote me? thats not scummy. cough
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:34 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

HairyMezican, you say that 2 people die each night. What makes you think that?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:53 am

Post by JDTAY »

Oh no! I don't want to be the only loser left voting for Locus!

unvote: Locus
vote: ZONE-ACE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:22 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

HairyMezican wrote:My Current Suspect List - (Yes I am paranoid)

Lurkers - these people haven't posted much
joe - newbie, so I'm not sure how much this means
olliep - also a newbie
Maximus
ZONEACE
PeaceBringer - not really lurking per se, but doesn't he usually post a lot more than this?

"No Lynch" camp - normally I've only seen mafia promote this, I would be surprised if there were no evil townies on here
Uraj45
olliep
GenocideHeart

People who voted for me - I was an easy target for the townies to try to get votes onto, and it seems odd that I would get that many votes that quickly if there were no scum on this list
Maximus
Mastermind of Sin
PeaceBringer - hot spot
LocusCosecant - hot spot
olliep
Lazarus Moth
bloojay

As Locus talks more and more, he seems more and more like mafia, although his original vote for me, which lacked any discussion made him seem like a townie, he doesn't seem like suspect #1 anymore, so I will go ahead and
unvote

My top two suspects right now are olliep, and PeaceBringer. Since olliep is rather new at this, I'm not sure if the fact that he is on all 3 lists is just because he is new at this, or because he is scum, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt for right now.

PeaceBringer on the other hand was #3 to vote for me, hasn't been posting as much as he normally does, and seems to want public approval before he proceeds. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that PeaceBringer is a townie.
vote: PeaceBringer
actually, you make a good point...olliep is on all three of the suspicious list of things scum(townies) like to try....
UNVOTE, VOTE:olliep
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:24 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

oh crap, you already said that in ur post, didn't you...I really need to read more throughly... :oops:
Permanent V/LA.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:20 am

Post by HairyMezican »

Locus Cosecant wrote:HairyMezican, you say that 2 people die each night. What makes you think that?
Because I'm getting the 2 games I'm in confused.
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:46 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

HM, sure sounds like you're getting a lot of things confused.

I'm happy with my current vote for now.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:23 pm

Post by Desperate Heart »

Locus, the odds aren't against us just because there's more mafia than town.

The town know each other's identities, and can both not lynch each other and bandwagon on to mafia members. This makes it even more likely that a lynch will miss, by how much I can't be sure (I should just code a model, but I'm lazy.) but it definitely doesn't help us.

However, since no lynch clearly isn't happening, I'll
vote: Hariy Mezican

I
did
say that incredibly towny (What's the adjective in a reversed game?) posts would change the regular statistics.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”