Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 567, Nero Cain wrote:but aren't you doing the same thing you are accusing me of, attacking Fire's attacker?
This is a valid point, yes. I also find myself tempted to defend myself with very similar excuses to yours, so yeah, fair enough.

But even so, I think you look the scummiest out of that exchange, hypocritical though it may be.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 624, momo wrote:Hey y'all apologies for the low activity. A friend of mine is organizing a charity event for the situation in Ukraine on Sunday and asked for my help. I'll likely be V/LA until then.

Catching up on reading, a few thoughts before I get into an actual read
- I don't remember if hyper-posting was this bad when I last played mafia, but it's not a particularly pro town way to the play the game, imo. I get that some people think it's fun, but it allows people to escape having to construct actual arguments (which are generally more AI than shitposting).
- The gimmick accounts aren't particularly pro-town but neither is pushing for them to be lynched, especially Day 1 when we have a multitude of other candidates.

With that out of the way, onto what I really want to say. Radical Rat has had pretty much zero votes cast on them but the slot is not particularly towny? In fact, it's rather scummy.
In post 533, Radical Rat wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain

I think Firebringer is correct about slots hiding behind gimmicks, like. Maybe it's just because I haven't actually played Binding of Isaac, but this doesn't look like playing the game with a gimmick so much as playing the gimmick with a game, to the point that it is actively detrimental to communication.

Having said that, my vote goes to Nero because jumping in to chainsaw Keeper over a pretty tame and reasonable push is much scummier, and a flip there is likely to shed light on Keeper themself.
I don't particularly like this rationale for voting. It feels like an easy vote at that point in the game with the way conflict was shaping up. More than that, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Nero is an experienced player and I don't see him jumping onto the Keeper wagon as scum. Nobody is getting voted out this early in the day, and at this point in time it's a push totally unnecessary for scum to make.
In post 535, Radical Rat wrote:Also, I watched the movie. Unfortunately the YouTube video was down, so I had to find a sketchier version of it with a questionable translation, BUT I thought it was pretty good. Mixed feelings on the ending, which I will not elaborate on for the sake of those who haven't seen it yet. Also mildly disappointed by the lack of actual demons and shit, I was expecting the infernal to be literal.

Now then, I also have some setup spec based on my viewing. I suspect there may be an impostor Among Us!
play laugh track

But for real, IF the setup is actually based on the movie and it's not just a regular game with movie flavor, I expect a traitor to exist, as well as a reverse traitor. So watch out for that
In post 538, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 537, Galron wrote:What's a reverse traitor and why do you expect one?
Like a Traitor but with the alignments swapped.

So instead of a secret Mafia in the Town, it'd be a secret Town in the Mafia. Though actually now that I'm typing this out, it probably doesn't exist because of how wildly game-breaking it would be if they just outed the whole scumteam in their first post, unless the scumchat is anonymized somehow. Perhaps a Miller or something instead then, idk.

In any case, the reasoning was that the premise of Infernal Affairs (the movie) is that an undercover cop and a Triad member in the police force are struggling to outmaneuver and expose each other, without blowing their own respective cover. Traitor seemed like the natural way to implement such a concept.
Now these two quotes get to my real problem with Radical. There's not much in terms of player sorting in his ISO (to be fair, there's not much in mine either) but we do have this. This vague mech speculation is a great way to
appear
like you're contributing to the town, but as scum is one of the lowest consequence contributions you can make.

Especially early in the game when there's a lot of information yet to be uncovered, it's in the best interest of scum to not rock the boat, vote occasionally based on where the town is going, appear like you're presenting in-depth analysis, but not really pushing anything particularly alignment indicative that will make your role more evident after a role flip.

Also, checking the mod's ISO, not a single vote has been cast on Radical - not even in RVS. The odds of that happening with this kind of iso feel higher if the person in question is scum (if they weren't, I'm sure scum would recognize the easy bait).

An iso heavily centered on mech speculation alone is enough reason to be suspicious, but when combined with the lack of any real initiative and the sole vote being probably the least objectionable one available (while there might not be a particularly large wagon on Nero, his aggressive behavior and the absence of a large wagon makes the vote very safe), it's not a good look at all.

I must VOTE: Radical Rat.
I think this will largely resolve itself as I post more. The mech stuff was half my ISO only because I haven't really been playing much yet.

I do disagree on Nero being the least objectionable vote though, like. If that were my intention, Keeper seems like the "safe" vote there. Or I could have just joined the biggest wagon.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Speaking of big wagons.....

Frog ISO looks... definitely questionable. I would like to hold judgement until actually seeing this supposed "case" though, if indeed it exists.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 623, The Keeper wrote:Correct, my second vote locks in.
The pressure comes later, A maximum of two votes, makes my first one VERY potent and my second one deadly.
The limitation maximises my potential - no matter what game you play, you know the higher damage is almost always better.
Why limit your votes like this, like what's the point

---

I've liked FB's recent posting.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:30 pm

In post 624, momo wrote:I don't particularly like this rationale for voting. It feels like an easy vote at that point in the game with the way conflict was shaping up. More than that, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Nero is an experienced player and I don't see him jumping onto the Keeper wagon as scum. Nobody is getting voted out this early in the day, and at this point in time it's a push totally unnecessary for scum to make.
Nero wasn't pushing Keeper though; he was pushing firebringer? Does that change your analysis of those interactions?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:35 pm

VOTE: frogster king
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 628, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I've liked FB's recent posting.
Why? It seemed like it was mostly empty with some small pushback on AD and questioning Toog. It's not the earthshattering content you make it out to be.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:42 pm

He pointed out some things that escaped my notice but were worth pointing out.

And tbf I don't think anything in this game has been earthshattering so far. I just read those posts and went like "oh that's a good observation."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

didn't like TR's unvote of Fire

I think his "lets give Magic a pass!" "but I'm not hard townreading the slot" seems wonky to me. I also straight up believe he's only saying this b/c Magic doesn't want to vote Toog or Fire.
In post 289, Tejate Raichu wrote:I have perused some of the completed games. And I have to say, I agree with the assessment a lot of people have already expressed that this playerlist has a lot of troll-y limbait players in it. Killing off smart town early and letting the limbait limbait would definitely be a good idea for scum.
I am not sure that I like this, like I get it ya know? scum going after an easy player is a viable strategy. (fire pushing a gimmick alt *cough cough*) ok fine but he's not accusing anyone of doing that. I guess he's trying to say "oh look at me I'm not scum b/c I'm trying to keep the smart player (Magic) alive."

I didn't much like his posting in the 400's and all I see is a chainsaw defense of Fire. and are funny where he accuses me of voting Keeper and then Fire.
In post 579, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 337, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Magikhorse is one scum and my pick for the partner is
Tejate
vote town (magic), bus buddy (Tejate)?
it makes 0 sense to me to be pushing a Magic wagon when there was a healthy TR wagon while calling TR scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:41 am

Post by The Keeper »

In post 628, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 623, The Keeper wrote:Correct, my second vote locks in.
The pressure comes later, A maximum of two votes, makes my first one VERY potent and my second one deadly.
The limitation maximises my potential - no matter what game you play, you know the higher damage is almost always better.
Why limit your votes like this, like what's the point

---

I've liked FB's recent posting.
Fun.

My vote is my only tool.
A player whom thrownstheir vote around like Monstro creates no pressure and no insight.
My votes show exactly whom has earned my Blood[y]Lust.

Will my first vote stand? Or will it move?
Will my dedication to locking in that second vote - which often comes with a tunnel - stir the pot enough to force scum to out?
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 630, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: frogster king
hate naked votes on the big wagon..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

its just a bus

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also, felt this is kinda ???
In post 533, Radical Rat wrote:and a flip there is likely to shed light on Keeper themself.
Why does my flip shed light on only Keeper and not Fire? Even if we gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were town and you really think I'll flip scum doesn't my scum flip make Fire town? If so why not say anything? But what's going to happen is that I'll flip town which means that I'm being genuine. While that doesn't necessarily make Fire scum (although I think I am right) it does say that one of the better scumhunters was town and was pushing Fire so....maybe you'll say that I'm misrepping you b/c you didn't actually say that my flip doesn't shed light on Fire but you did omit it.

Also, you could have just joined the Keeper wagon but you didn't b/c ????

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:50 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

Frogsterking
(5): hellbooks, Save The Dragons, Scorpious, Tejate Raichu, Cat Scratch Fever
Galron
(3): MagikHorse, Andante, Toogeloo
Tejate Raichu
(2): Nero Cain, Galron
The Keeper
(2): The Keeper, Firebringer
Nero Cain
(1): Radical Rat
MagikHorse
(1): Frogsterking
Toogeloo
(1): Dwlee99
Radical Rat
(1): momo
Not_Mafia
(1): Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(1): Frozen Angel

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to eliminate

Deadline
: (expired on 2022-03-03 20:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:31 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 636, Nero Cain wrote:its just a bus
Why are you thinking it's a bus over a townie that believes the case?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:40 am

In post 635, Scorpious wrote:
I think he would've posted his case by now if he's town

If I had a good case, id be excited to share it. i don't think I'd forget about it, like he has here.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:40 am

Help me bus then
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 640, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 635, Scorpious wrote:
I think he would've posted his case by now if he's town

If I had a good case, id be excited to share it. i don't think I'd forget about it, like he has here.
This is actually...quite fair

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 637, Nero Cain wrote:Also, felt this is kinda ???
In post 533, Radical Rat wrote:and a flip there is likely to shed light on Keeper themself.
Why does my flip shed light on only Keeper and not Fire? Even if we gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were town and you really think I'll flip scum doesn't my scum flip make Fire town? If so why not say anything? But what's going to happen is that I'll flip town which means that I'm being genuine. While that doesn't necessarily make Fire scum (although I think I am right) it does say that one of the better scumhunters was town and was pushing Fire so....maybe you'll say that I'm misrepping you b/c you didn't actually say that my flip doesn't shed light on Fire but you did omit it.

I mean, yeah, Fire comes out looking better as Keeper looks worse if you flip red. Firebringer just wasn't really the focus there for me.

I voted you and not Keeper because I think you were being actively scummy, whereas Keeper hasn't really been aside from overdoing the gimmick. Which yes, I agree with Firebringer that looks sketchy, but I'm not confident enough to actually vote over it in lieu of something more concrete.

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:57 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 581, Tejate Raichu wrote:Andante's recent posts are interesting, and I'll do some reconsidering of the slot.
elaborate (super important) (please put it at the top of your in-game to do list) (not clickbait)
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but if your argument was that I was defending my scumbuddy why would you not vote my supposed scumbuddy?
In post 641, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Help me bus then
ok

VOTE: Frogster king
In post 639, MagikHorse wrote:
Why are you thinking it's a bus over a townie that believes the case?
I'm tunneled on Fire and when CSF said she liked Fire's empty posting and fussing about AD it made the klaxons in my head blare. I don't think his Toog stuff was all that great.
In post 382, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Surprising vote. I'm townleaning Tejate right now, and I feel like usually our reads are similar when we're both town.
Also, I lowkey feel like this post is shade and more likely to come from scum than town.

I had another reason but upon reflection I don't think its very viable.

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Scorpious »

I'm getting town feels from most on this wagon,CSF the least but I dont hate this right now..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 362, Frogsterking wrote:
@Magik

Yes I've been working on a
huge
scum case on you!
In post 363, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 361, Save The Dragons wrote:can you case magikhorse
Yes I have done a lot of the work already and I keep procrastinating because of my perfectionism.
In post 367, Frogsterking wrote:
@Magik

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=83963

Newbie 2025

I had some moderate success in reading scum!Magik on D1 in this game Newbie 2025. Magik may have replaced out during Night 1 due to early pressure but scum!Magik was able to easily diffuse my push D1 and left their scum slot in a widely townread position going into D2. The replacement into Magik's scum slot proceeded to run away with the game.

Please tell me this third post isn't the huuuuuuge scumcase that you were worried about being so perfect. Like I have to hear you say it.

Because we've been waiting for literal days..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Frogster
I can get behind this
I prefer they, thanks :)
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:51 am

Post by The Keeper »

In post 643, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 637, Nero Cain wrote:Also, felt this is kinda ???

I mean, yeah, Fire comes out looking better as Keeper looks worse if you flip red. Firebringer just wasn't really the focus there for me.

I voted you and not Keeper because I think you were being actively scummy, whereas Keeper hasn't really been aside from overdoing the gimmick. Which yes, I agree with Firebringer that looks sketchy, but I'm not confident enough to actually vote over it in lieu of something more concrete.
I hope you realise I'm usually like the Cracked Crown with this gimmick.
Nothing BUT references.
I'm actually trying to not Glass Cannon the gimmick here.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”