Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 321, Radical Rat wrote:I did not misunderstand Vengeful like A50 did, when I said scum wasn't likely to hammer a Town Vengeful, I meant that they would probably prefer to nightkill them rather than potentially get killed for eliminating them.

Also, at the time I called it useless, that was because I was working under the belief that Gunsmith would retain its investigative properties, rather than be converted to a vig invention, and a posthumous investigation is indeed quite useless. At the time that I called it as a bluff, Roden had made clear that it was not an investigative, and did have kill potential.
Yes you did "misinterpret"
RadicalRat wrote:
scum likely aren't going to want to hammer him
Which means if he does get eliminated
, it's
most likely Town doing the hammering
Which means the role is now anti-Town
There's really no way to misinterpret this. If your main thought at the time was involving mafia getting rid of them at NK, then it becomes irrelevant whether or not town hammers them, but you made an effort to point out the correlation between the two.
"The role is anti-town because town could hammer and get themselves killed from the hammer."
The implication is pretty clear and the way you're trying to spin it means I'm onto something here.
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 322, Galron wrote:Wanting a mass claim. Now withholding a "complicated" case on A50. The Roden tunnel, fine, several were. Why not drop your case on A50 on us?

VOTE: Ircher
We should have a consensus on massclaiming or not.
Yes MC or No MC
. I'll say
Yes.
It made sense not to do it on D1, but I think D2 is good for MC.
Negatory.
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Galron »

Mass Claim not a good idea.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Galron »

And after Vengesmith, I don't know what to believe anyway.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Nordom »

Actually, nevermind. I don't want massclaim. After intense calculations and number crunching, we should nail at least 1 maf before any MC. :nerd:
Negatory.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 308, Nordom wrote:Ircher, are you going to go the entire game without bothering to elaborate on reads? Should we just assume you're this "obvious high thinking town" who should just be sheeped at whim?
Perhaps I will, perhaps I won't. As to the second question, no. You are allowed to think of my reads as you like. If you agree then that's great! If you don't agree, well that's unfortunate but ultimately your decision to make.
In post 315, Toogeloo wrote:I think Roden exacerbated the issue by not considering that town would think they made a slip and instead made it more of a 1v1 than placate the issue. I thought for sure that Roden was flipping scum because of that move alone.
This is all true, but it doesn't clear Almost50 by any stretch of the imagination.
In post 316, Nordom wrote:Radical Rat in the first quote extrapolates that they're well aware of what Roden's claim mean and the implications with it.
I mean... Is that really such a wild guess? It's pretty hard to call something logical as TMI.
In post 316, Nordom wrote:Almost has already gave out the response that they confused "Vengeful" with "Supersaint", which is the role that leads to the person hammering getting offed.
Perhaps, perhaps, but I think you are stretching here. It's not unreasonable to believe a vengeful would just venge the hammer for ease of decision making. Yes, it's an assumption, but again, it seems more plausible than what you are suggesting here.
In post 322, Galron wrote:1) Wanting a mass claim. 2) Now withholding a "complicated" case on A50. 3) The Roden tunnel, fine, several were. 4) Why not drop your case on A50 on us?
1: I never did that. I asked if we should claim our picks, but that's quite different from asking for a mass claim.
2: Okay.
3: Tunnel huh. Your comment is noted.
4: No.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 325, Nordom wrote:
In post 321, Radical Rat wrote:I did not misunderstand Vengeful like A50 did, when I said scum wasn't likely to hammer a Town Vengeful, I meant that they would probably prefer to nightkill them rather than potentially get killed for eliminating them.

Also, at the time I called it useless, that was because I was working under the belief that Gunsmith would retain its investigative properties, rather than be converted to a vig invention, and a posthumous investigation is indeed quite useless. At the time that I called it as a bluff, Roden had made clear that it was not an investigative, and did have kill potential.
Yes you did "misinterpret"
RadicalRat wrote:
scum likely aren't going to want to hammer him
Which means if he does get eliminated
, it's
most likely Town doing the hammering
Which means the role is now anti-Town
There's really no way to misinterpret this. If your main thought at the time was involving mafia getting rid of them at NK, then it becomes irrelevant whether or not town hammers them, but you made an effort to point out the correlation between the two.
"The role is anti-town because town could hammer and get themselves killed from the hammer."
The implication is pretty clear and the way you're trying to spin it means I'm onto something here.
More town on wagon = Higher chance of missing the shot = Anti-Town
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Nordom »

Haha, okay. Ircher is just mafia with Radical Rat. There's really no excuse for a town to do that horrid scalpel butchery of someone's argument, unless they wanted to misdirect and trivialise a case on their partner. Sorry that you tried to placate me to maybe get me to "gut-read" you as town, because it just back-fired on you completely. Now I got my 2/3.

Ircher, I gotta give you props though. Those honeyed tongued words and the whole "I'm a town who'll stand by my play and if people want to push me I'm all for it. My towniness will shine." facade is a good move. You know your stuff.
Negatory.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 330, Ircher wrote:1: I never did that. I asked if we should claim our picks, but that's quite different from asking for a mass claim.
In post 57, Ircher wrote:We should massclaim what we submitted.
That's not asking, and while it may not be a FULL massclaim, it might as well be for the purposes of scum knowing who they need to prioritize.

VOTE: Ircher

I have more things also

Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by Nordom »

RadicalRat wrote:More town on wagon = Higher chance of missing the shot = Anti-Town
Nice try, but I'm afraid you already buried yourself with the "hammering" correlation, which was just a piggy back off of Almost. People are welcome to take a gander and decide for themselves. Chances are, they'll see what I'm dishing out here.
Negatory.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 119, Ircher wrote:
In post 65, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1, MegAzumarill wrote:
Your pick was "Traffic Analyst
"
In post 1, MegAzumarill wrote:
Your pick was "Bus Driver,"
as a non-town player
, you know it was combined with "Paranoid Gun Owner.
"
This is a pretty convincing case actually.
In post 85, Roden wrote:Any particular reason you cut out the ability description? You know, the part that explains your role fusion so you know what you've been fused with?
This implies to me that you are in fact scum that slipped. Why does Almost50 need to keep the fluff of the ability descriptions when the quoted amount is the most relevant part of his case?
In post 92, Roden wrote:As scum. He's trying to push a fast mis-elim and is ignoring anything that goes against his case.
Nordom asked how not what. This doesn't answer the question. Also, if we're being reasonable, it's likely the case that Almost50 hasn't been around to respond to your counterargument.
In post 130, Ircher wrote:
In post 120, Roden wrote:A50 literally just asked me a question. He's definitely around.
Unless you can prove he was around for 100% of the time between when he made his initial case and when you made the post I referenced, this isn't a counterargument.
Like, how did we get from posts like this to dropping a naked vote on A50 and refusing to elaborate?

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

It looks like he's trying to soft a guilty, but I feel like town would just out their result instead of whatever beating around the bush nonsense he's doing here.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 334, Nordom wrote:
RadicalRat wrote:More town on wagon = Higher chance of missing the shot = Anti-Town
Nice try, but I'm afraid you already buried yourself with the "hammering" correlation, which was just a piggy back off of Almost. People are welcome to take a gander and decide for themselves. Chances are, they'll see what I'm dishing out here.
Alright, so why does scum!me pretend to make the same mistake, only to then insist that I didn't? What do I gain from this exchange?

Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 337, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 334, Nordom wrote:
Alright, so why does scum!me pretend to make the same mistake, only to then insist that I didn't? What do I gain from this exchange?
There's no "pretending to make a mistake here". You were too eager to lockdown the lynch on Roden and just capitalised on what the one spear-heading the lynch said which was Almost. Almost's scum-slip read of Roden was universally read and agreed on by the majority of the players in this game. My thought here is, it was an impulsive move to do what it took to ensure the lynch without much forethought to it. I wouldn't expect that your push would have even gotten much attention if I didn't bring it up and I think even you weren't aware it could become a point of contention.
Negatory.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Nordom »

The main point is - Had you weighed Roden's claim objectively and with serious thought as Town, who are predisposed to doing such things, there wouldn't be this "coincidental" mis-reading that was shared with another player. Had you said "I confused the role for something else" it would be one thing to consider, but you've tried to spin your post into meaning other things that conflict with the wording of your original post (Which is why I've made it a point to keep bringing up the "hammering" aspect).
Negatory.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Votecount 2.0.2

Ircher (2) Galron, Radical Rat [E-4]
Radical Rat (1) Nordom
Almost50 (1) Ircher

Not Voting: (7) Almost50, Flea the Magician, Greeting, Nathann, Cat Scratch Fever, Enchant,

With 11 alive it takes 6 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2022-03-07 17:20:41)
Last edited by MegAzumarill on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 184, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 155, Nathann wrote:Why do you find Ircher to be leaning town?
Eh, gut mostly. Been in a couple games with him as Town recently, and vibes feel similar here, but I haven't done any kind of proper analysis or anything, so don't consider it a meta read
Obviously early reads aren't something that can be considered concrete, but I find it interesting that now Ircher has got a bit of attention and I've been pushing on you that you would suddenly feel compelled to vote so fast on the person you were gut-reading.
Negatory.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

The hammering was because that's... what was about to happen. I don't know what else to tell you here, but I guess it'll sort itself out one way or another

Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 342, Radical Rat wrote:The hammering was because that's... what was about to happen. I don't know what else to tell you here, but I guess it'll sort itself out one way or another
Sooooooo, you felt the need to, what, remind the town that...uh...town was going to hammer? That roden was going to be dead lickety-split? I don't really understand.
Negatory.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 338, Nordom wrote:There's no "pretending to make a mistake here". You were too eager to lockdown the
elim
on Roden and just capitalised on what the one spear-heading the
elim
said which was Almost.
I think you should drop this chain of conversation. It's noise at this point.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 344, Ircher wrote:
In post 338, Nordom wrote:There's no "pretending to make a mistake here". You were too eager to lockdown the
elim
on Roden and just capitalised on what the one spear-heading the
elim
said which was Almost.
I think you should drop this chain of conversation. It's noise at this point.
Ircher, you still going on with the this aloof town larp? Is this the fresh "explain nothing, let me sit back" town meta now?
Negatory.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Nordom »

Once Radical is dead, I'm coming for you Ircher.
Negatory.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by Ircher »

Why not do me now?
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 347, Ircher wrote:Why not do me now?
*sniffs*

Don't worry about it.
Negatory.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

I mean, there's clearly support for elimming me now. I think you'll find yourself hard-pressed to get Radical Rat limmed here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”