MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:32 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Reading through Nordom's style, I dunno if this is how they usually play it, but it also feels like there's a weird mix of some absolute statements and suspicions mixed with a lot of tentative questions directed at other players like their conviction stance on Datisi. A bit like they're content to be forceful and pushy with some players but not with others.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 949, Nordom wrote:My only solid scum read right now is Deas.
assuming this isn't another misspell of "datisi", when did this start and why are you not acting like it?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:35 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 875, MalcolmTucker wrote:Found some of Tenebros responses to accusations against them particularly weak as well, deflecting from the actual points being made instead of addressing them directly.
Salutations, Mr. Tucker.

I addressed this and directed points at you. Are you choosing to ignore them and maintain your argument nonetheless?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:36 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 704, Nordom wrote:
In post 701, tenebrousluminary wrote:Nordom, who is scum?
Uh, Daitisi I guess, but I'm waiting for them respond.
In post 727, Nordom wrote:
In post 726, VP Baltar wrote:What's the bullet point case on datisi again?
Basically, Daitisi was one to throw their hat into the popular pressure of Wu and Monkey. It just came off as lazy and convenient to me.
In post 923, Nordom wrote:
In post 917, Datisi wrote:
In post 754, Nordom wrote:If Datisi's replies in a satisfactory manner, I'm switching my vote to VP.
VOTE: nordom

gee, i wonder where i saw this kinda reasoning before

last two games i saw a post like this, it came from scum both times

(i'm not yet certain if i wanna end up on nordom, but this feels fitting to change now, both as a scumread on nordom and as a not-quite-scumread-anymore on skitter)

Hello, maf

Re @Nordom, this doesn't read to me like a player you don't have a confident mafia read of.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Nordom »

It started when Deas voted for me. My initial thought was "Oh, okay maybe this is just a mis-informed effort post by town"

But, when I started thinking about it, it feels like maf trying to cut me off at the pass before I can make any possible move towards them. Deas came out with that post after I repeatedly gave comments that were questioning them. I honestly feel like he was trying to pocket me, but saw it wouldn't be so easy and decided to take the initiative in voting me first.
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:38 am

In post 881, Nordom wrote:
In post 877, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 727, Nordom wrote:
In post 726, VP Baltar wrote:What's the bullet point case on datisi again?
Basically, Daitisi was one to throw their hat into the popular pressure of Wu and Monkey. It just came off as lazy and convenient to me.
Going back to this, it's not as if Datisi didn't have their own reads or suspicions early on though. If I remember correctly they'd had a go at both Tenebros and Skitter. There'd be no need for them to desperately conjure up some sudden mafia reads for having a lack of them so far.

Overall I feel like the mafia case for Datisi feels really disjointed and inconsistent so far and I'm not seeing it yet. Yeet's initial push early on was based on very little and Yeet was confidently making all sorts of big claims and giving major reads at an incredibly early point in the game with a confidence that probably wasn't warranted.
I find your point of "no need for them to desperately conjure up some sudden mafia reads for having a lack of them so far" strange. Why would they have to be desperate to give a scum-read?

By the way, welcome to the
town circle
. I embrace you, brother.
Why are you townreading this post? I am not.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 952, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 875, MalcolmTucker wrote:Found some of Tenebros responses to accusations against them particularly weak as well, deflecting from the actual points being made instead of addressing them directly.
Salutations, Mr. Tucker.

I addressed this and directed points at you. Are you choosing to ignore them and maintain your argument nonetheless?
Sorry where did you do this? I'm looking through your ISO and can't find any response from after my post. But I'm sure you'll appreciate the game has had plenty of posts so far and lots easily get missed in the shuffle...your defensiveness is noted. Happy to take any points you have onboard though and evaluate my stance and where I am from there.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Datisi »

so why are you acting as if you have a hard guilty on me if i'm not even a confident mafia read for you?

pedit: @nordom
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 954, Nordom wrote:It started when Deas voted for me. My initial thought was "Oh, okay maybe this is just a mis-informed effort post by town"

But, when I started thinking about it, it feels like maf trying to cut me off at the pass before I can make any possible move towards them. Deas came out with that post after I repeatedly gave comments that were questioning them. I honestly feel like he was trying to pocket me, but saw it wouldn't be so easy and decided to take the initiative in voting me first.
This feels like...a bit of a reach. Like, how many votes did you have at the time? How strongly has Deas been pushing a bandwagon on you since? Not that it rules out Deas being mafia but it could quite easily just be someone who thinks you're suspicious casting a vote on you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Datisi »

i think? nordom is townie for going back and actually reading what my actions were (and openly contrasting them at the time i'm getting attacked)

i don't think a newer scum player decides to white knight me at this time when a couple of people have come out to voice their support of me
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Datisi »

i think? malcolm* is townie lmfao
~M
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Nordom »

In post 959, Datisi wrote:i think? nordom is townie for going back and actually reading what my actions were (and openly contrasting them at the time i'm getting attacked)

i don't think a newer scum player decides to white knight me at this time when a couple of people have come out to voice their support of me
Wait, what? What actions from you did I even address?
Negatory.
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 268, tenebrousluminary wrote:It seems like you are simultaneously demanding that I be defensive and demanding that I go on an offensive in order to satisfy you.

Convincing you is not at the top of my priority list right now anyway, thank you. I am planning to engage with more people and trying to hunt, but you are the one who said I was being dismissive. Suspecting me for responding to it seems at odds with your point that I am suspicious for not responding to the suspicions of others.
Posts like this are kinda why I find you dodgy @tenebros. Like it's an absolutely nothing post in terms of rebuking suspicion against you while also trying to invert the entire discussion against the person who's potentially accused you of being mafia in the first place. It's deflection.

It's also odd that early in the game you accused Datisi of being overly sensitive and defensive about the initial push for them, and yet once heat was directed your way, you kinda moved between a similarly defensive stance and sometimes brushing off the heat with throwaway jokes about how exciting it was. There's an inconsistency there, like you don't want to appear too worried about any heat while also being aware you have to mount some sort of response to clear your name.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:49 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 959, Datisi wrote:i think? nordom is townie for going back and actually reading what my actions were (and openly contrasting them at the time i'm getting attacked)

In post 960, Datisi wrote:i think? malcolm* is townie lmfao
Like, down the line I could reverse my stance, but after pouring through the thread and through different people's ISOs, I'm still not particularly sure what the consistent case against you is meant to be at this point? It seems to be that you were either too defensive when you came under some pressure, which could apply to Tenebros, or that you jumped on the HumaneMonkey/Wu bandwagon, which isn't really true, and could apply to a few other players anyway who didn't say anything about Wu until Nero first mentioned him.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Nordom »

Malcom, I think you're getting too over-excited in the pants from Datisi's lazy town read on you. You gotta dig deeper.
Negatory.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Nordom »

Unless you're maf butt-buddies together then fml
Negatory.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 842, Cape90 wrote:
In post 524, fireisredsir wrote:have kind of a hard time believing that monkey really thinks there's no way ari and datisi can be town here. this aggressive posturing feels a bit bluff-y to me
This begs the question of then do you think all 3 are mafia based off of this?
huh? no, why would i think that? i think that monkey was not making an honest read of the situation
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 961, Nordom wrote:What actions from you did I even address?
that was a mistype, but you bring out a good point against yourself ;)
In post 963, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm still not particularly sure what the consistent case against you is meant to be at this point?
neither am i!!
In post 964, Nordom wrote:Malcom, I think you're getting too over-excited in the pants from Datisi's lazy town read on you. You gotta dig deeper.
conveniently ignoring facts (malcolm was townreading me FAR before i was townreading him) in order to throw shitty shade? gee, i wonder what nordom would think if he read your post...
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 921, Datisi wrote:if you're scum, obviously you want me to townread you. but, you know that those tiny bits of my "things that town!vp does" list won't help you because we both know they're on that list. bUT ALSO, you know that i know that. so now i'm like, would scum!baltar purposefully drop these little hints, *knowing* that i'm gonna notice them and start losing sleep over them, in order to get into my head?
lmao, this is like a day 6 endgame level paranoia and we're only 36 hours in. the legends are true...
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Nordom »

I apologise for being so transparent as maf. You got any other reads to shine upon us, Datisi?
Negatory.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 964, Nordom wrote:Malcom, I think you're getting too over-excited in the pants from Datisi's lazy town read on you. You gotta dig deeper.
Sorry but this is an attempt to deflect and doesn't actually address my reads so far.

Datisi's TR on me pretty much literally just came in on me. Had no idea how they felt about me up until now.

After I first caught up on the game last night I said my main two mafia reads were Wu/Tenebros. Reading the latter as potential mafia based on early exchanges would likely, by process of elimination, mean Datisi is a lot less likely to be mafia as a result.

Like it's not as if I was sitting on the fence here and only decided to TR Datisi once they did the same with me?
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:56 am

In post 956, MalcolmTucker wrote:your defensiveness is noted.
Really? All I asked was for you to address questions I had asked you, and that is defensive?

I will look for the post.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 950, MalcolmTucker wrote:Reading through Nordom's style, I dunno if this is how they usually play it, but it also feels like there's a weird mix of some absolute statements and suspicions mixed with a lot of tentative questions directed at other players like their conviction stance on Datisi. A bit like they're content to be forceful and pushy with some players but not with others.
i saw this too, when they did the cocky "mmhmmm" thing with skitter after a terrible argument they were super quick afterwards to be like "but don't worry i townread skitter" bc skitter is apparently kinda scary
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:57 am

In post 466, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 459, MalcolmTucker wrote: I didn't necessarily suspect Tenebros on the basis of their early posts but found some of their later defences incredibly weak attempts to divert attention away from them without addressing accusations at-hand.
If you wish to call my defenses weak, you should cite what specifically was weak.

I don't understand how I can be making "defences" while also "not addressing accusations at hand." What accusations at hand would you like me to address? If you feel there are unanswered questions, you can ask them yourself, and if you really want to figure me out, I think you will do so.
In post 461, MalcolmTucker wrote:Also TR'ing Frogster, their early question seemed so bizarre a theory for a mafia player to have, not sure why you'd draw attention to yourself with that. Also TR'ing Datisi at the moment, their frustrations re early accusations seemed fairly genuine to me at a point where players were keen to just get any theories or suspicions off the ground to get the game going.
Why is Frogster drawing attention to himself different from me drawing attention to myself? I don't disagree that it could be seen that way, but I want to hear your explanation.
In post 463, Aristeia wrote: I guess I am a tiny bit biased here but I think he's not as carefree as scum tho I haven't actually played with scum him this is just based on what he's said about his scum game previously.
You think Datisi is carefree this game? I think he seems quite upset about a small amount of pressure.
Here you go, Mr. Tucker.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Nordom »

There's so many people I want gone today. Datisi/DeasVail/fireisredsir/maybe VP Baltar
Negatory.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”