Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2374, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2373, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2361, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2352, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2294, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2284, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2188, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys! I just worked on this questionnaire with my friend to help with scumhunting! It was built around the idea that mafia forums are a low scope low testability domain.

Here's the "low-scope low-testability scumhunting questionnaire:"

#1 How does the wave function evolve?
#2 Does wave function imply many worlds?
#3 Have we used all the available technology?
#4 Do we live in a simulation?
Scorpius please answer these
#1 For a given system, the choice of which commuting degrees of freedom to use is not unique, and correspondingly the domain of the wave function is also not unique. For instance, it may be taken to be a function of all the position coordinates of the particles over position space, or the momenta of all the particles over momentum space; the two are related by a Fourier transform. Some particles, like electrons and photons, have nonzero spin, and the wave function for such particles include spin as an intrinsic, discrete degree of freedom; other discrete variables can also be included, such as isospin. When a system has internal degrees of freedom, the wave function at each point in the continuous degrees of freedom (e.g., a point in space) assigns a complex number for each possible value of the discrete degrees of freedom (e.g., z-component of spin) – these values are often displayed in a column matrix (e.g., a 2 × 1 column vector for a non-relativistic electron with spin 1⁄2).

#2 As has been demonstrated, the set of all possible wave functions in some representation for a system constitute an in general infinite-dimensional Hilbert space. Due to the multiple possible choices of representation basis, these Hilbert spaces are not unique. One therefore talks about an abstract Hilbert space, state space, where the choice of representation and basis is left undetermined. Specifically, each state is represented as an abstract vector in state space.[41] A quantum state |Ψ⟩ in any representation is generally expressed as a vector

|
Ψ

=

α

d
m
ω
Ψ
(
α
ω
t
)
|
α
ω

{\displaystyle |\Psi \rangle =\sum _{\boldsymbol {\alpha }}\int d^{m}\!{\boldsymbol {\omega }}\,\,\Psi ({\boldsymbol {\alpha }},{\boldsymbol {\omega }},t)\,|{\boldsymbol {\alpha }},{\boldsymbol {\omega }}\rangle }
where

|α, ω⟩ the basis vectors of the chosen representation
dmω = dω1dω2...dωm a "differential volume element" in the continuous degrees of freedom
Ψ(α, ω, t) a component of the vector |Ψ⟩, called the wave function of the system
α = (α1, α2, ..., αn) dimensionless discrete quantum numbers
ω = (ω1, ω2, ..., ωm) continuous variables (not necessarily dimensionless)
These quantum numbers index the components of the state vector. More, all α are in an n-dimensional set A = A1 × A2 × ... An where each Ai is the set of allowed values for αi; all ω are in an m-dimensional "volume" Ω ⊆ ℝm where Ω = Ω1 × Ω2 × ... Ωm and each Ωi ⊆ ℝ is the set of allowed values for ωi, a subset of the real numbers ℝ. For generality n and m are not necessarily equal.

Short answer yes

3.No, we’re being fed technology at a pace that appeases the overlords.

4. Only an overlord has permission to ask that question.
Okay the answer to 1, 3 and 4 are good.

The answer to 2 is good in its conclusion (arguably) and weak in its demonstration of how to improve testability of
said conclusion.

Overall I'm thinking that Scorpius is a townlean here guys!

Question 3 needs to be revised for future low info low testable players (aka Eyes slot replacement):

3 With sufficient technology can all low scope low testability questions be made testable?
Your follow up to 3 is amazingly astute.

If we develop the tech to make everything testable then we run the risk of paradoxical study. Then the Scientific Method becomes a question I’m itself and all hell will break lose. I’ll use the self replicating AI for this answer. We developed that tech which undoubtedly would evolve to make low test ability questions moot. With the introduction of self replicable AI we open the door for our threshold of testable quantum mechanics to rise to unfathomable heights. The paradox lies in with out development.
Are we in danger of over developing to where our projects are continuing with projects that we did not intend.

I circle this around to the opinion that based on what we are doing on a microbiological platform can truly support the theory of limitless expansion.
On 3, agree with what you said. Another follow up to that: The self replicating AI will continue to ask better questions and test them, and it would be an unreasonable assumption that what the AIs are up to coincides with human values and interests. However, will the AIs run into ultimate roadblocks in how far they can get due to inherent restrictions in the laws of physics.
And that is when the AI becomes threatening. At least a human can find a “stopping point”, be it brought on by frustration, health, other obligations, human things.

As to where an AI has no reason to stop. Which drops us into the simulation conversation. Are we at the point in the simulation where it can’t figure out the correct homeostasis for the simulation in itself, and instead of resetting. Just throwing more and more problems to contend with to learn how to go about the next one better.
Will the AIs figure out the fundamental nature of reality through brute force algorithms that perfectly model what happens, or will they figure it out through deriving conceptual principles, such as teleological explanations and cause/effect relationships?

Analogy is solving chess by brute force computation versus solving it by having a process that always produces the best move in any given situation, where this process takes into account all the factors that go into making the best move, and does so perfectly.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Scorpius is Town
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Cape90 »

Can someone walk me through why the yeet vote is even a thing?

I cant be here for too long until tonight
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2299, Yeet wrote:I feel that I am being very transparent and open with my thought process and I have answered anxieties about me adequately.
I'm reading through teet right now. I think this post encapsulates why I am not seeing yeet as scummy. They seem genuine.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2379, Cape90 wrote:Can someone walk me through why the yeet vote is even a thing?

I cant be here for too long until tonight
Basically, the argument is that Yeet had been calling HEM town all game, and then when I was pressuring people to ethers vote HEM or Wu so we could move the game along, Yeet voted HEM over Wu.

Yeet says his town read had been diminishing and he voted to move the game along.

More nuance there, but that is the big picture
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

maybe i'm a sucker but i trust yeet he just seems town to me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:41 am

actually really disappointed the wagon on ari went away i think we'd catch scum there

VOTE: generalWu back to this i guess
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Datisi »

std, is there a reason why you feel so... backseat this game?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:42 am

because i can't keep up with 50 pages being produced every 6 hours
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:43 am

tbh my desire to play kinda died with the whole nordom thing but i think i'm back and invested again
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:46 am

i'd probably be down for a scorpius wagon too
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: GeneralWu

Let's see what happens this time.
YOUR AD HERE

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:53 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE: GeneralWu
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2378, Frogsterking wrote:
Scorpius is Town
i am afraid to ask how you came to this conclusion.

VOTE: generalwu

inb4 "wagon too fast!!" and we have another 50 pages of circular back and forth.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im back with more fun facts (still not very useful edition)

cause i noticed wu had only voted once this game, for Nero when he thought that he was serious about the dayvig, and then unvoted 10 minutes later when he realized he wasn't.

town 2073: 0 votes day 1 (got put on E-1)
maf 2011: 1 vote day 1 (got put on E-2)
town 1992: 2 votes day 1 (got limmed)
maf 1987: 0 votes day 1 (no pressure)

so he's kind of a serial non-voter as both maf and town in his previous games. the votes that did come were usually pretty late in the day
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2391, fireisredsir wrote:im back with more fun facts (still not very useful edition)

cause i noticed wu had only voted once this game, for Nero when he thought that he was serious about the dayvig, and then unvoted 10 minutes later when he realized he wasn't.

town 2073: 0 votes day 1 (got put on E-1)
maf 2011: 1 vote day 1 (got put on E-2)
town 1992: 2 votes day 1 (got limmed)
maf 1987: 0 votes day 1 (no pressure)

so he's kind of a serial non-voter as both maf and town in his previous games. the votes that did come were usually pretty late in the day
Those are all his games?
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

on this site, yes
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2390, Datisi wrote:
In post 2378, Frogsterking wrote:
Scorpius is Town
i am afraid to ask how you came to this conclusion.

VOTE: generalwu

inb4 "wagon too fast!!" and we have another 50 pages of circular back and forth.
It's partly soul read and partly a couple things which were AI.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:53 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

Did you make that entire series of posts solely for the sake of an AI pun?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2395, tenebrousluminary wrote:Did you make that entire series of posts solely for the sake of an AI pun?
No, the pun was a discovery!
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

OK, mod says I can still play. No harm done. the thing is I was skimming hard and couldn't grasp a thing. I didn't even realize Math had claimed a mason until someone asked him why he outed. Also I missed Nero's hood claim until someone asked him the same. I suspect there's plenty of such details that I have missed and I didn't think that was fair for town collectively.

Today looks better (only 10 more pages) so I guess I can try to read those and then see if there are references to previous posts to check them or just keep on reading from here and ignore everything that happened before until someone makes a mention of it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why was it not fair to town to out the hood?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like im not blameless but 3 TPRs got outted so outting a meaningless hood does what besides put pressure on VP and Skitter? Most everyone (besides dats) think there's scum in the hood.

also, VP is a claimed asetic and would have been a pretty good d1 lunch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

Spoiler: @Fire, Nero & Scorpious:
You three should know what I'm asking here without me having to explain it any further because of the rules. You do remember what I once said about replacements, Yes? However I had more reason to it back then than I do right now because I knew the player preferences while I don't either replaced players here. They also played for a while before replacing out so it's not exactly the same.
My question: Does any of you have any solid background on either? Can anything be discerned from the replacements or should I think of them both as being absolutely NAI?[/spoiler]
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

not really sure what half of that post is but Ari was scummy and April just lurking is bad.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”