humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

first, i dont want you to deepwolf. second, i think i already found the one scum in my darling Enchant. I feel like I can be a little more reckless as long as Enchant's not leaving this game.

third, i'm still in the process of ACHIEVING the title of "MOST TRUSTED". Please help me #TrustTheMonkey #ITrustMonkey
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Enchant »

In simple words: chavela thinks we can't cope without his wisdom, so it's not worth leaving and winning.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 272, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Boy from Norway, do you even scum read me?
More that i really hated what you were doing, but then your later posts looked better.
Close to null right now, can see u go both ways.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:13 am

Post by chavela »

In post 276, Enchant wrote:In simple words: chavela thinks we can't cope without his wisdom, so it's not worth leaving and winning.
no? more that there are benefits to pairing later rather than sooner if you strongly believe someone to be town,

the leaving and winning is literally only true for scums - towns have to get at least six towns out

whereas as scum i would just leave

like if humaneatingmonkey is town, do you think i as scum would have the same approach here?
me envolveran las sombras
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Enchant »

So basically.

Everyone seems to hate me this game for me trusting probably right person and scumread me for trying to win.

So i think, i wash my hands and just watch this day. It's not like you can kill me anyway.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 am

i dont hate you enchant.
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 am

Post by chavela »

In post 279, Enchant wrote:So basically.

Everyone seems to hate me this game for me trusting probably right person and scumread me for trying to win.

So i think, i wash my hands and just watch this day. It's not like you can kill me anyway.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
sigh i am not trying to discourage

i would like to know why you thought humaneatingmonkey was probably right person though

as it is only trying to win if you are mafia, or if you strongly believed humaneatingmonkey to be town
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 am

enchant come here bb, you can be town for now. let's solve the game! <3 <3 <3
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 278, chavela wrote:
In post 276, Enchant wrote:In simple words: chavela thinks we can't cope without his wisdom, so it's not worth leaving and winning.
no? more that there are benefits to pairing later rather than sooner if you strongly believe someone to be town,

the leaving and winning is literally only true for scums - towns have to get at least six towns out

like if humaneatingmonkey is town, do you think i as scum would have the same approach here?
One question tho, i'm pretty certain that the later a scum player get's paired the more informative it will be, so if we pair a scum early then we get much less info from the flip and a higher chance at losing later as an result.
So that means it is important for town to get town paired early on, and if a scum get's paired later that is more manageable as the second scum can be caught out or PoE'd from association tells.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So i'm a bit sus of pairing players like Enchant that have not behaved townie whatsoever because if they flip scum then all we can do is give a big shrug, and tbh it goes both ways too. If he's town it's not gonna help me, it's not informative. It's just a big old "whatever".

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 255, chavela wrote:
In post 252, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This is what i feel is happening right now:

- Scum PT -
HEM: Shit Enchant, we screwed up with our strategy of you faking trust and me voicing paranoia about it, let's just both spam as much as possible.
Enchant: You got it bub, i'm a master of spamming posts and making a lot of noise in the game.
kinda hard for me to imagine scum!humaneatingmonkey suggesting this line of play as humaneatingmonkey generally does not need to rely on 'tricks' as scum in the way i might

but it's not too hard for me to see it as having happened as an impulsive thing

as neither of their thought processes at the time of really make sense to me
I don’t really get the impression either of them is actually trying to win right now or views what they’re doing as actively beneficial :cry:
Imo either there’s no convoluted plan or they’re both scum and decided to instantly go with the questionable “one scum proposes trust to the other” gambit
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:22 am

Post by chavela »

In post 283, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

One question tho, i'm pretty certain that the later a scum player get's paired the more informative it will be, so if we pair a scum early then we get much less info from the flip and a higher chance at losing later as an result.
So that means it is important for town to get town paired early on, and if a scum get's paired later that is more manageable as the second scum can be caught out or PoE'd from association tells.
'information' in this sense is not particularly valuable to me, at least not compared to other considerations

like it's easier to find a town at 10 players than at 6 players, especially when factoring in that the townier players will likely be among the four that left, so if possible to still have widely regarded likely towns leave while still having someone you very strongly believe to be town in the game, it makes the later pairings easier when the game is generally expected to be harder

like sure there can be fear of pocketing and such, but still
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 am

Post by chavela »

In post 285, Meuh wrote:I don’t really get the impression either of them is actually trying to win right now or views what they’re doing as actively beneficial
Imo either there’s no convoluted plan or they’re both scum and decided to instantly go with the questionable “one scum proposes trust to the other” gambit
hm,

i think if they're both scum it was likely the result of enchant offering a trust impulsively rather than a long thought out gambit,
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 283, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Thing is, the more mafia are around, the more they can control the game’s narrative. If we’re on day 3 and both scum are still in, they will ultimately have more control on what town thinks than if one of them leaves early.
Also if we flush out the likely townies early, it makes it even easier for the mafia to control the town’s thoughts, since the lack of trusted townies will make the mafia more believable.

PEdit: posted the same thing as as chavela again oops
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 287, chavela wrote:
In post 285, Meuh wrote:I don’t really get the impression either of them is actually trying to win right now or views what they’re doing as actively beneficial
hm,

i think if they're both scum it was likely the result of enchant offering a trust impulsively rather than a long thought out gambit,
I don’t think it’s long thought out either if that’s the case, but I do think it could’ve still been proposed or mentioned by one of them beforehand
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 am

Post by chavela »

In post 287, chavela wrote:
hm,

but! could also be very wrong about this, just seems that way to me,

if humaneatingmonkey is mafia without enchant approach is just to get "confirmed" control game get partner out get self out

if enchant is mafia without humaneatingmonkey approach was likely hoping that humaneatingmonkey was actually trying to leave at that moment,

but! that would be a weird read of the situation right? as it comes with obvious downside of potentially +towning humaneatingmonkey
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:34 am

Post by chavela »

In post 288, Meuh wrote:Thing is, the more mafia are around, the more they can control the game’s narrative. If we’re on day 3 and both scum are still in, they will ultimately have more control on what town thinks than if one of them leaves early.
Also if we flush out the likely townies early, it makes it even easier for the mafia to control the town’s thoughts, since the lack of trusted townies will make the mafia more believable.
if not confident in two non-self towns though should definitely try to pair self with town you are confident in rather than roll dice on second though

as then everyone would have reset timer to become confident et cetera

so as always everything situation dependent
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:38 am

Post by chavela »

In post 291, chavela wrote:
In post 288, Meuh wrote:Thing is, the more mafia are around, the more they can control the game’s narrative. If we’re on day 3 and both scum are still in, they will ultimately have more control on what town thinks than if one of them leaves early.
if not confident in two non-self towns though should definitely try to pair self with town you are confident in rather than roll dice on second though

as then everyone would have reset timer to become confident et cetera

so as always everything situation dependent
i guess there's also time consideration of

waiting as town to find confident pairing possibly gets undercut by mafia pushing for pairing

so only really works if all of town is patient which so far is seemingly not the game we are playing

so approach maybe unideal across the board
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:40 am

listen listen

i know what you're thinking

"humaneatingmonkey is trying so hard for people to trust him, so he must be scum!"

folks, listen to your heart. listen to your brain. listen to your soul. am i really coming across as scum here? do you think, me, as scum, would blatantly ask for you to throw away your only trust for this day phase towards, me, as scum?

impossible.

here's the real story:
when i was a young boy, i was not unlike you. i had no friends. my parents think i'm weird. my cousins don't invite me to play. so i grew up distrustful.
but then, i met my friends here in mafiascum and they taught me the importance of
TRUST
. i was so thankful, for they gave me the lesson of the lifetime. i asked these wise teachers for any way i can repay them, but they only ask that i pay it forward.

that's why my mission here is to let you understand that it's okay to
TRUST
sometimes.
TRUST
yourself.

#TRUSTTHEMONKEY
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 97, bugspray wrote:damn it's really hard to actuall yget good reads on people this game because town and scum have the same goal
I think this game is unique in two ways.

First is the fact that it relies on townhunting and not scumhunting specifically. If you're town, it is not your goal to determine who is scum, but who is not scum and leave the game with that player. Town can afford only one mistake at most. And, I mean, if town loses, it can be very largely blamed on just two players who erred in their judgement and that's pretty damning.

Second is the fact that there isn't a lot of teamwork to be done if you're town. A town win is a sum of individual correct decisions made by six to seven town-aligned players.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Greeting »

@Prism

I have a question. Is it possible for more pairings to occur during twilight?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Prism »

In post 295, Greeting wrote:
@Prism

No.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 271, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I like Pavowski and as soon as I figure out you're not scum, I'm gonna ask either of you to pair up. I'm not sure how I feel about the boy from Norway, still not sold on their towniness.

#TrustTheMonkey
@Prism

I am going to do myself the favor of not thinking about why anybody would want to do this
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Pavowski »

What the absolute hell. Phone faux pas #2, what I get for trying to post at work

Obviously those posts are not related
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 297, Pavowski wrote:
In post 271, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I like Pavowski and as soon as I figure out you're not scum, I'm gonna ask either of you to pair up. I'm not sure how I feel about the boy from Norway, still not sold on their towniness.

#TrustTheMonkey
@Prism

I am going to do myself the favor of not thinking about why anybody would want to do this
In the first I was gonna ask if you meant pair with each other but I don't think that's what you meant?

Return to “Completed Open Games”