Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Surye »

armlx wrote:I still don't like how xotxm got out of a wagon by going "No, power role!!111!!!!" and that's it.
Not as far as I'm concerned, I'm still waiting for a rational explanation of his behavior.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Xtoxm (2): Surye, BlakAdder
Surye (2): springlullaby, Riceballtail
Alabaska J (1): Jebus
kuribo (1): Xtoxm
Jebus (1): farside22
Wall-E (1): Alabaska J
Riceballtail (1): Wall-E

Not voting (10): Azuma, RestFermata, Gremwell, Slepz, Zazier, al4xz, armlx, Cream147, Muerrto, kuribo

With 19 alive it's 10 to lynch.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 am

Post by BlakAdder »

I wouldn't say that he got out of a wagon, it's just that the back-and-forth between him and Kuribo got interrupted by other conversations and Wall-E's possible scum slip. I know I still suspect him.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 am

Post by armlx »

Not as far as I'm concerned, I'm still waiting for a rational explanation of his behavior.
Doubt you will get one.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Muerrto »

WTF

Vote: Wall-E

He said K7 claimed Doc and we still lynched him anyway for information??? In what world does that happen? Lynch a claimed doc just for info?

And to get out of it he simply says 'oops' then goes onto another subject entirely voting RBT?

How the hell has no one said anything about this yet?

How does that post not make it obvious he's scum? Even if he actually thought K7 claimed, since K7 would've claimed DOC, who in their right friggin mind would've kept their vote on him EVER?

1 down...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by al4xz »

Wall-E wrote:
kuribo wrote:
al4xz wrote:Personally, I don't like the Xtomx attack. Xtomx usually plays like a fucked up kid, so I don't see anything TOO suspicious about this. However, the fact that Kuribo is pushing it so hard intrigues me...as does the fact that Xtomx actually resorted to LOGIC this time, even though it was epic phail logic. Interesting.
I'm not "pushing" anything, I'm defending myself from an argument worthy of Corky from Life Goes On.
I'm afraid you're showing your age, my dear.

Let's face facts and move on from wah wah the doc died. I admit I saw his claim before he was lynched, but figured we needed the information. His claim should have been more heartfelt.
I believe he(K7) claimed in a short-and-shitty kind of way, as in he claimed a power role, but he didn't provide any details. Or perhaps that was Xtomx.

Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above, and then combining it with what he knows now (that K7 was a doc), and figured he claimed doc. That's the logical explanation as town. Mafia, he's dead meat.
Heavy FoS: Wall-E

armlx wrote:I still don't like how xotxm got out of a wagon by going "No, power role!!111!!!!" and that's it.
I believe I provided an argument concerning meta and personal opinion as well as various other sort of things, showing that your little quote above is, in a single word, a lie. That, or you forgot. Personally, I'll be keeping a closer eye on you now.
IGMEOY: Armlx
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

VOTE:Wall-E
HoS:Al4ex

Mod: vote not counted, unvote first

Clearly these two are scumbuddies, if he admits that there's a good case, but refuses to actually put the vote on this early.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

EBWOP: al4xz, not al4ex. Under a bit of stress right now and not thinking as clearly as I wish I was.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by RestFermata »

It was xtoxm, al4xz. K7 never claimed in any way, shape, or form unless it was some cryptic breadcrumb that no one but Wall-E could decipher.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Surye »

I'm on the edge of my seat regarding Wall-E's reply. Even if there was something he could decipher, why did he not offer it up?
Unvote, Vote: Wall-E
Seeing a powerrole claim, and saying nothing on the deadline before the obvious lynching is the scummiest thing you can really do :/
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above, and then combining it with what he knows now (that K7 was a doc), and figured he claimed doc.
This. Apologies, I'm distracted by school.

It's irrelevant, but why is what I said a potential scumslip?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by armlx »

I believe I provided an argument concerning meta and personal opinion as well as various other sort of things, showing that your little quote above is, in a single word, a lie.
Xtoxm wrote:And how the fuck am I scum? Idiots...

And yeh, i'm a powerrole btw, so get you votes off me ffs.
Huh... where's my lie?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by kuribo »

al4xz wrote: Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above, and then combining it with what he knows now (that K7 was a doc), and figured he claimed doc. That's the logical explanation as town. Mafia, he's dead meat.
I don't like you dropping an FOS on the guy... after you make this nice, convenient excuse for him.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Surye »

Wall-E wrote:
Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above, and then combining it with what he knows now (that K7 was a doc), and figured he claimed doc.

Wait, what? I want to be clear. Xtoxm softclaiming in day 2 made you think K7 claimed doc at the end of day 1?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by kuribo »

Vote: al4xz
since I coulda swore I typed that already.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
al4xz wrote: Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above, and then combining it with what he knows now (that K7 was a doc), and figured he claimed doc. That's the logical explanation as town. Mafia, he's dead meat.
I don't like you dropping an FOS on the guy... after you make this nice, convenient excuse for him.
This really only makes sense if they are scum buddies. Which they could be, but I'm curious why you vote for al4xz over Wall-E. Do you see a point to al4xz's behavior where Wall-E is town and al4xz is scum?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by armlx »

kuribo wrote:
I can endorse this decision. The more I think about it, the more I can see xtoxm just saying the power role thing regardless of actual role or alignment.

Unvote, Vote al4xz
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Surye »

armlx wrote:
kuribo wrote:
I can endorse this decision. The more I think about it, the more I can see xtoxm just saying the power role thing regardless of actual role or alignment.

Unvote, Vote al4xz
I'm confused :( You say you think xtoxm is lying, and then vote al4xz?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by armlx »

You say you think xtoxm is lying
I do think its very possible. I've also come to remember I can't associate xtoxm lying with him being scum necessarily.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Surye wrote:
Wall-E wrote:

Wait, what? I want to be clear. Xtoxm softclaiming in day 2 made you think K7 claimed doc at the end of day 1?
It may even have been cross-game confusion. I apologize again.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by kuribo »

Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
This really only makes sense if they are scum buddies. Which they could be, but I'm curious why you vote for al4xz over Wall-E. Do you see a point to al4xz's behavior where Wall-E is town and al4xz is scum?
Yes, if Wall-E were town, and al4xz was scum, Al could be trying to buddy up to a townie so that if Wall-E were lynched, he could point back and say "I told you so." Of course, there's no way of knowing this now.

The vote falls on Al because I want to know why he felt the need to toss Wall-E an excuse for his behavior, and to me the best way to hasten his tongue is through voting.

RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 am

Post by RestFermata »

I thought xtoxm was more joking than lying. I didn't really take the so-called softclaim seriously at the time, though I guess since people are paying attention to it I suppose it's possible that he wasn't joking, or was only half-joking. However, if it really wasn't serious, I find it scummy that he isn't coming out and saying it after his comment got so much attention. However, I can't know one way or another, and I'm not sure I want to ask at this point.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:34 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Wall-E, you have not given a straight answer yet. You've just quoted what Al4xz said, which did not make much sense to begin with.
unvote, vote: Wall-E
and
fos: Al4xz
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 am

Post by al4xz »

armlx wrote:
I believe I provided an argument concerning meta and personal opinion as well as various other sort of things, showing that your little quote above is, in a single word, a lie.
Xtoxm wrote:And how the fuck am I scum? Idiots...

And yeh, i'm a powerrole btw, so get you votes off me ffs.
Huh... where's my lie?
I still don't like how xotxm got out of a wagon by going "No, power role!!111!!!!"
and that's it
Bolded the part that's the lie, because I defended him, and I clearly remember it.
Clearly these two are scumbuddies, if he admits that there's a good case, but refuses to actually put the vote on this early.
RBT, the thing is, it's a strong case, but the fact stands that it could easily be a confusion. I won't add my vote to the case even if that means I'm going to be the one to be lynched unless Wall-E continues to act scummy.
Apoligies for not being clear. I AM suspicious of Wall-E, regardless of the fact that I made a case on his side. You guys are correct; it IS a potential scumslip, but it can as easily be a potential slip made by a Townie.
Armlx, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. First you drop the above paragraph, and then that somehow translates into a vote how...?
Wall-E, you have not given a straight answer yet. You've just quoted what Al4xz said, which did not make much sense to begin with.
unvote, vote: Wall-E and fos: Al4xz
Hey! I resent that!
*cough*
OK, here's what I was trying to say by this phrase, if it's what your talking about:
Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above [Xtomx claiming to be a powerrole], and then combining it with what he[Wall-E] knows now (that K7 was a doc [he confuses Xtomx with K7]), and figured he[K7] claimed doc.
If that's not clear, I apoligize again.

Well, it seems I've made myself quite unpopular for defending Wall-E. Tell me, though: could it have been a mistake on the part of the Town? Well? And do you really think what Wall-E said was something a good Mafia player would have said? Seriously.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 am

Post by armlx »

Bolded the part that's the lie, because I defended him, and I clearly remember it.
P sure your defense had little to do with any vote shifts.
Armlx, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. First you drop the above paragraph, and then that somehow translates into a vote how...?
I mean, same LALurks + lurkishness of cream early, the BS trying to call a "lie" later. Bringing up jester on the slicey wagon after voting. Non-committal start today including the only all FOS tell.

Oh yeah, and looking back you didn't defend xtoxm after the K7 lynch, only lightly before.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Wall-E »

Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above [Xtomx claiming to be a powerrole], and then combining it with what he[Wall-E] knows now (that K7 was a doc [he confuses Xtomx with K7]), and figured he[K7] claimed doc.

Exactly right.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”