(2)
bugspray (422), humaneatingmonkey (471)
humaneatingmonkey
(1)
Enchant (163)
Distrustful
(7)
chavela, Pavowski, Andante, NorwegianboyEE, Greeting, Meuh, tris

No valid trust pairing has been formed. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-03-13 18:00:00).
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Greeting »

We have just 3 days until EoD? This feels shorter than usual mafia.

Edit: The day was just 5 days to begin with. Makes sense.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:56 am

Post by Greeting »

I have read the thread, had not time to respond, but there is something that stuck in mind. I think it was from
chavela
and regarded game strategy.

I will requote what I had said before:
In post 294, Greeting wrote: Second is the fact that there isn't a lot of teamwork to be done if you're town. A town win is a sum of individual correct decisions made by six to seven town-aligned players.
I would say that finding two townies collectively is not helpful at all and is more likely to benefit scum. I feel like a scum could benefit directly from being a mastermind behind a successful townie matchup and then use this to escape themselves by having built trust from others. This could actually be a great strategy - to be a scum mastermind, matching two pairs, then having your partner matched with a townie and then pressuring town into matching with yourself using past credibility. Town could fall for this.

Plus, even if the mastermind is town, it all relies on individual trust and it would be very bizarre if everyone just trusted one player and followed them.

Which is why I feel that from the town perspective this is a game played by 8 individuals who just have a common goal, rather than a team who needs teamwork.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Greeting »

Meuh's entrance in makes me feel like if I made a trust offer, she accepted and turned out to be scum I wouldn't even be mad.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:05 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

why dont you
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:05 am

steal noway boy's girl, he called me bad
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:05 am

go pop that trust homie
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ur weird.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:14 am

yeah maybe yeah

Greeting should really trust Meuh though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 261, humaneatingmonkey wrote:you guys will help me. once the second person puts their trust on me, it will be clear that my mission is just and profound.

In post 267, Enchant wrote:I against Polygamy.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 508, humaneatingmonkey wrote:yeah maybe yeah

Greeting should really trust Meuh though.
No need to rush.
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 am

Post by chavela »

In post 502, Greeting wrote:I have read the thread, had not time to respond, but there is something that stuck in mind. I think it was from
chavela
and regarded game strategy.

I will requote what I had said before:
In post 294, Greeting wrote: Second is the fact that there isn't a lot of teamwork to be done if you're town. A town win is a sum of individual correct decisions made by six to seven town-aligned players.
I would say that finding two townies collectively is not helpful at all and is more likely to benefit scum. I feel like a scum could benefit directly from being a mastermind behind a successful townie matchup and then use this to escape themselves by having built trust from others. This could actually be a great strategy - to be a scum mastermind, matching two pairs, then having your partner matched with a townie and then pressuring town into matching with yourself using past credibility. Town could fall for this.

Plus, even if the mastermind is town, it all relies on individual trust and it would be very bizarre if everyone just trusted one player and followed them.

Which is why I feel that from the town perspective this is a game played by 8 individuals who just have a common goal, rather than a team who needs teamwork.
i mean, i obviously completely disagree on a basic level but we've disagreed on approach to games before and such

like it is much harder for mafia to 'mastermind' as you are referring to it here then it is for mafia to simply be townread by one singular town, yes?
me envolveran las sombras
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 446, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Could Greeting and Tris come in here and towntell or scumtell plz, thanks.
Oh and idk if i trust Meuh yet, they feel smooth and make nice beautiful thesaurus posts, but are we actually sure they are town indicative and not just pretty?
Who knows? Maybe she's

chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:25 am

Post by chavela »

In post 475, Pavowski wrote:Okay yeah ... Chav and Monkey are both +town for this, they can't both be deepwolfing
hmhmhm

for humaneatingmonkey it is like

humaneatingmonkey shifted on me after bugspray already trusted me and norwegianboyee weighed in to say i was obviously town and so forth,

but does scum!humaneatingmonkey who is not partnered with enchant simply press the eject button there instead? maybe possibly, probably more likely than previously but maybe not more likely than not,

so maybe +town overall but does not lessen the equity between enchant and humaneatingmonkey
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:27 am

Post by chavela »

In post 502, Greeting wrote:I would say that finding two townies collectively is not helpful at all and is more likely to benefit scum. I feel like a scum could benefit directly from being a mastermind behind a successful townie matchup and then use this to escape themselves by having built trust from others. This could actually be a great strategy - to be a scum mastermind, matching two pairs, then having your partner matched with a townie and then pressuring town into matching with yourself using past credibility. Town could fall for this.
like it is much much harder for a mafia to fool a collective town than to fool a single player

so i don't really get how that would benefit scum more than town
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 511, chavela wrote: i mean, i obviously completely disagree on a basic level but we've disagreed on approach to games before and such

like it is much harder for mafia to 'mastermind' as you are referring to it here then it is for mafia to simply be townread by one singular town, yes?
Have we played before? I don't remember you.

Actually trying to mastermind or at least help out a townie in masterminding would be my first instinct for gameplay here as scum. I think it's significantly easier to manipulate a collective than 8 individuals. Especially since you need to keep your options open in case someone doesn't reciprocate. Then you can pressure townies into matching with people they normally wouldn't consider and say they're anti-town for refusing to participate.

Then again, it's my first time playing this setup so I have literally zero experience. My instincts tell me that approaching everyone individually and asking them about their potentially questionable choices would be the best way to avoid any potential mismatches.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 514, chavela wrote:like it is much much harder for a mafia to fool a collective town than to fool a single player
But what if more people= dumber
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:29 am

Post by chavela »

also i don't see how humaneatingmonkey saying let's slow the game down and then continue to push everyone to trust someone isn't !!! to everyone
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:30 am

Post by chavela »

In post 515, Greeting wrote:Have we played before? I don't remember you.
we played together in achromatic calamity - me as anahit
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:33 am

nothing about my bugspray gotcha, chavela?
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by chavela »

In post 515, Greeting wrote:
In post 511, chavela wrote: i mean, i obviously completely disagree on a basic level but we've disagreed on approach to games before and such

Have we played before? I don't remember you.

Actually trying to mastermind or at least help out a townie in masterminding would be my first instinct for gameplay here as scum. I think it's significantly easier to manipulate a collective than 8 individuals. Especially since you need to keep your options open in case someone doesn't reciprocate. Then you can pressure townies into matching with people they normally wouldn't consider and say they're anti-town for refusing to participate.

Then again, it's my first time playing this setup so I have literally zero experience. My instincts tell me that approaching everyone individually and asking them about their potentially questionable choices would be the best way to avoid any potential mismatches.
i think, both from my experiences as mafia in this setup and reading other games, that mafia are generally just angling to get out or get their partner out, often by focusing on specific interactions to do so,

like that's what i did in the game humaneatingmonkey referred to earlier and i think generally it is much easier than trying to 'mastermind' as you'd need to both be townread and listened to for that

and also like, do you see someone trying to do that here?
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:34 am

Post by chavela »

In post 519, humaneatingmonkey wrote:nothing about my bugspray gotcha, chavela?
i didn't really read it closely yet sorry started replying to the most recent things when i got here and then only got to pav's post when looking at what i missed as otherwise interacting with greeting
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 514, chavela wrote: like it is much much harder for a mafia to fool a collective town than to fool a single player

so i don't really get how that would benefit scum more than town
peer pressure

+

The loss of this game for town can be basically blamed on two players. In case the leader is wrong, the loss can be blamed on them instead.
chavela wrote:
In post 515, Greeting wrote:Have we played before? I don't remember you.
we played together in achromatic calamity - me as anahit
Thanks for claiming your main, I appreciate it. Meta is of no use in this game anyway, but it's nice to know.
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by chavela »

In post 522, Greeting wrote:The loss of this game for town can be basically blamed on two players. In case the leader is wrong, the loss can be blamed on them instead.
a loss is on every member of town no need for blame
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:38 am

Post by chavela »

In post 522, Greeting wrote:Thanks for claiming your main, I appreciate it.
shiki/inutile/team rocket queen/angela

are what i would call my 'mains'

(like angela is technically my main account, team rocket queen was my first account, shiki is probably the account i am most known for and inutile is by far the account most representative of
me
)

but also, like you said, meta doesn't mean so much here; i have not looked at anyone's past games during this game and such

Return to “Completed Open Games”