Toogeloo: VT
Hellbooks: Doctor
Not_Mafia: VT
Scorpius: BP Cop
Keeper: VT
Fire: VT
Myself: VT
Tejate: VT

Scorpius' claim doesn't make sense without a Mafia having some sort of roleblocker, even if someone dies the same night they're checked they should present a result. It's either unclaimed, or the role itself is fake. Will ponder more once I drive to work.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1451, MagikHorse wrote:So, to recap:

Scorpius' claim doesn't make sense without a Mafia having some sort of roleblocker, even if someone dies the same night they're checked they should present a result. It's either unclaimed, or the role itself is fake. Will ponder more once I drive to work.
I'm more concerned about the VT claims, that gives us 11 VT's..That does not add up.at all..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Scorpious »

Again, I've never seen the movie,but maybe I'm supposed to be the main character? Me being bulletproof makes total sense with all the vigs.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Scorpious »

also *As I scribble notes* that math means either a 5 person scum team, or 4 s and one TP.

If thats the case,then we all need to go play some lottery(or not) cause we are in major improbable odds territory with all those guns and not ONE scum being hit.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:00 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Thinking from work, it feels like such a strange thing to include a role block as part of a fake claim. It could be the most clever of ruses, but the odds are too low for that.

Need to check on something else real quick, because something has caught my eye among the VT claims. Undoubtedly our remaining scum are in there. 3/5 odds of a good scum elim in there.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1454, Scorpious wrote:also *As I scribble notes* that math means either a 5 person scum team, or 4 s and one TP.

If thats the case,then we all need to go play some lottery(or not) cause we are in major improbable odds territory with all those guns and not ONE scum being hit.
Once again, I am REALLY itching to see the neighbor thread because I really don't think it was a particularly good idea to shoot within the neighborhood.

Also, I'm pretty sure 5 person scumteam means we would have already lost today. 4 maf v 4 town = parity unless SK. If it's 4 maf, 1 SK, 3 town, our odds only look very marginally better.
In post 1455, MagikHorse wrote:Thinking from work, it feels like such a strange thing to include a role block as part of a fake claim. It could be the most clever of ruses, but the odds are too low for that.

Need to check on something else real quick, because something has caught my eye among the VT claims. Undoubtedly our remaining scum are in there. 3/5 odds of a good scum elim in there.
Does it? I actually don't think it would be particularly unusual in a situation where we have absolutely no leads on what scum PR(s) could be. Scum can absolutely make big gambits, but in this case I wouldn't really call claiming a plausible PR with a roleblock night is even that. Do keep in mind that Scorpious was also the last to claim, which means he got to claim having all of the information town has (assuming he's scum).

Not even saying I disbelieve the claim at face value, but if I were given nothing but Scorpious' claim here I sure wouldn't be townreading him for it.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1456, Tejate Raichu wrote:Does it? I actually don't think it would be particularly unusual in a situation where we have absolutely no leads on what scum PR(s) could be. Scum can absolutely make big gambits, but in this case I wouldn't really call claiming a plausible PR with a roleblock night is even that.
Do keep in mind that Scorpious was also the last to claim, which means he got to claim having all of the information town has (assuming he's scum)
Is this why you skipped your "turn" in the popcorn? Where you concerned about being last and having that possibility for yourlsef?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1457, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1456, Tejate Raichu wrote:Does it? I actually don't think it would be particularly unusual in a situation where we have absolutely no leads on what scum PR(s) could be. Scum can absolutely make big gambits, but in this case I wouldn't really call claiming a plausible PR with a roleblock night is even that.
Do keep in mind that Scorpious was also the last to claim, which means he got to claim having all of the information town has (assuming he's scum)
Is this why you skipped your "turn" in the popcorn? Where you concerned about being last and having that possibility for yourlsef?
I didn't skip my turn though? I forgot that I was supposed to pass it to someone else after claiming and then immediately corrected. For the record I'm not even accusing you of being scum, I'm saying that claim alone doesn't really make me think you're more likely to be town.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

dont believe either hellbooks or scorpius claims.

Also what cop gets "wins with town" and why would someone roleblock scorpius.
Why would hellbrooks heal andante and then vote her
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1458, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1457, Scorpious wrote:
I didn't skip my turn though? I forgot that I was supposed to pass it to someone else after claiming and then immediately corrected. For the record I'm not even accusing you of being scum, I'm saying that claim alone doesn't really make me think you're more likely to be town.
I appologize, I misread the quote blocks,

So that question is now directed at Toog. What are your thoughts on the last person to claim and is what was your influence for skipping your "turn.

And Tej, I didn't read that as an accusation fwiw.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1459, Firebringer wrote:

dont believe either hellbooks or scorpius claims.

Also what cop gets "wins with town" and why would someone roleblock scorpius.
Why would hellbrooks heal andante and then vote her
So the only claims you believe are the VT claims? cool..

Where are the CC's?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

why would u get roleblocked night 1?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:58 am

Post by MagikHorse »

The cop claim is the more suspect of the two I'll admit, though should such a role exist it absolutely mandates a Mafia Roleblocker of some variety. Follow the Cop is bad enough, making the cop Bulletproof is even bigger a threat. Saves them from stray Vigi shots, sure, but is also risk-free clears for town without one.

Hell could always reconsider their reads Day 2 so the reasoning there isn't damning. I'll look closer at that once I'm home, but I still checked at the end of each day and saw reasons to protect the slots they did, hence my initial belief of the claim.

Would like to ask both claimed PR slots if they crumbed anything along the way. That would help if they did.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1002, Scorpious wrote:Galron is town, it’s obvious.
Well. I was trying to get a response from Galron or anyone so I could reference this..
In post 703, Galron wrote:Andante, you cop to fluff posting pages 1-5 but then deny it? I don't think that's AI but why?

Also, you're scum reading me for awkwardly unvoting scum and awkwardly revoting scum?

I was trying to see if
he
was crumbing,and I was going to flip it and use it as mine.

Never happened though.

So the short answer is no. I didn't. I tried,but I got too cute.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1462, Firebringer wrote:why would u get roleblocked night 1?
why wouldn't I? N1 actions are a crap shoot.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1460, Scorpious wrote:What are your thoughts on the last person to claim and is what was your influence for skipping your "turn.
I don't think scum need to worry about where in turn they claim. Most scum teams already work out ahead of time their claim if they need it, and VT claims early in are just as likely to be scum.

I claimed out of order because I only have a couple of times a day to dedicate to the game, usually just once a day is what I aim for. Not that it's important, but I'm currently in Las Vegas for the weekend celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. I wasn't sure when I might get to the thread again, so I just claimed. Besides, I'm not a patient person.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Trying to judge the actions of a N1 Mafia roleblocker is kind of just shooting into the air. It's a pile of WIFOM, and it's nearly impossible to tell why any individual would/wouldn't be blocked unless there was an obvious sign that said "PR here" over someone else's head that would make them a juicier target. Failing any notable PR signs from anyone else, a Mafia roleblocker would likely have been going into the night blind to who is and isn't a PR, effectively blocking at random.

All that being said, does Fire have a good reason why Scorpius couldn't/wouldn't be the target of a Mafia roleblocker N1? If he's going to make that insinuation that it's unlikely, he's the one that has to back it up with something that makes Scorpius less likely than random to be targeted by one.

And I'll admit, I nearly claimed out of turn myself due to my birthday plans. Happy anniversary Toogeloo, hope you enjoy yourself!
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:01 am

Post by The Keeper »

<This is a prodge, sorry <3 - and yes, <3 is an item in game. Should be around later tonight.>
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Firebringer »

so far everyone in neighborhood was town. I heavily doubt pooky threw in 4 town neighbors no scum.
got to be a scum in there that didn't announce and it doesn't look like any of vigs crumbed the hood.

So im thinking someone is neighbor not saying. Probably one of hellbrooks/scorpious too
Or could be scum in VT claims.

Maybe i should look for who was focused on neighborhood yesterday. Might tell me something....

U know what screw it. Not gonna solve this with role claim shenanigans.

I want hellbrooks to explain her read progression shift from day 1 to day 2.

Tejerate you have been fence sitting alot of ur reads and i want those explained in as much detail and if anyone of them are even "I can't pick one side or another" i want to know why ur not attempting to correct that now.

Magik ur focusing too much on claims. How has ur reads reasoning changed with andante flip and new day.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Firebringer »

I miss nero. This game would be more lively if he were here. :(
Show

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am

Post by hellbooks »

i thought andante was a pr and i still thought there was a good chance of that on D2, u can go through my iso
i voted her after she responded super weirdly to pressure and then claimed vt who was "fake softing pr"
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:51 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1469, Firebringer wrote:U know what screw it. Not gonna solve this with role claim shenanigans.
u were the one who asked for the massclaim though
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:52 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1435, Toogeloo wrote:I say we take a vote. If you think this this is a Mafia game, vote Mafia. If you think it's not a Mafia game, vote Not Mafia.

VOTE: Not Mafia
another banger tweet from you
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:55 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1444, MagikHorse wrote:Like really, is it really that unlikely that I'd survive two nights when one of those nights was after a rapidly cutoff day with many people still left alive and when the other night had a Doctor claim on me and high chances of them going after Nero instead?
fwiw i dont think scum shot you. looking at the kill count: on N1 4 people died and on N2 4 people died with one less vig alive
which suggests to me the protection didnt go thru
although who knows

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”