Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1097, angela wrote:
In post 1094, Galron wrote:
In post 715, Scorpious wrote:just fyi. I will be claiming at 5 votes, I'm not waiting around for an opportunistic vote and the inevitable quickhammer.

I'm clearly a mislim target today..
Okay this answers why he claimed, and I understand it. Was he really at 5 votes though?
In post 1095, Galron wrote:
In post 1006, Scorpious wrote:Damnit, I did the same thing I said like 100 posts I want to stop doing..

UNVOTE:

I’m a town mailman b t dubs
He was at 4 votes here.
hmhmhm,

i feel like it is hard for me to see why this would really matter,

but it also feels quite similar to you wanting to know why i voted with minutes on the clock in last game as town

but could very much be a galron thing and not an alignment thing
That he was concerned about E-2 because Not Mafia is in the game, but he didn't wait to claim at E-2, he claimed at E-3 when he wasn't under threat of imminent elimination.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if I was scum with Scorp I'd tell him to claim better
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1101, Nero Cain wrote:if I was scum with Scorp I'd tell him to claim better
i mean it is a better claim than bulletproof cop ngl
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1085, angela wrote:and maybe that is also possibly a factor in nero cain doing so
that and Gera was voting there. I don't really love Gera just not playing and participating d1. Regardless of Gera's alignment, he's not reading Scorp.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:49 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

The power was out in my house for most of the IRL day, sorry for lurking!
In post 846, MalcolmTucker wrote:I find the current vote tally on Scorpious quite interesting - as has been noted we're nearing elimination and he's generally had the biggest vote tally throughout the game but nobody actually appears to be pushing him or trying to solidify that block as such. Why not, if they want him out?
I really hate Scorp's reactions to me. That's my main reason to SR him.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 849, geraintm wrote:
In post 830, angela wrote:
In post 805, geraintm wrote:
In post 777, angela wrote:
In post 700, geraintm wrote:you know what, it is a contradiction. but once i sorta commit to a way of voting i kinda have to stick to it, otherwise to me that looks suspicious. kinda locked in for the rest of today, sorry.
it is significantly more suspicious to me that you'd lock into voting in a manner that is not particularly + town

while being aware that that is what you are doing
ah, its just me having a little bit of fun and trying to achieve my aim for Day 1, which is to get to Day 2 as quickly as possible. dont mind me, i promise i'll be better from tomorrow onwards
interesting to me that this is your aim when you've also said that you think it would be better if towns did not eliminate day one

which i assumed to involve using the entire day to figure things out and then using the information gained from nightkill to also inform decisions

(which information gain not worth loss of elimination, odd number of players and such)

and get to day two as quickly as possible has the exact opposite effect of limiting information as much as possible

but idk how alignment relevant this might be
oh, i am 100% down for no elimination, but whenever i say that i usually get shouted at and no one likes that so i tend to just think that instead of saying it nowadays.
I don't want to spend today trying to figure things out, i just want to skip to day 2 when we can all start playing properly. Dy 1 is just...tiresome. And i spent a month waiting for this game to fire and then have to wait another week until it gets going properly.
I think no lim is only a good idea if there are no leads, but there's at least one quite scummy person, why not have a lim?
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:54 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 869, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 849, geraintm wrote:
In post 830, angela wrote:
In post 805, geraintm wrote:
In post 777, angela wrote:
In post 700, geraintm wrote:you know what, it is a contradiction. but once i sorta commit to a way of voting i kinda have to stick to it, otherwise to me that looks suspicious. kinda locked in for the rest of today, sorry.
it is significantly more suspicious to me that you'd lock into voting in a manner that is not particularly + town

while being aware that that is what you are doing
ah, its just me having a little bit of fun and trying to achieve my aim for Day 1, which is to get to Day 2 as quickly as possible. dont mind me, i promise i'll be better from tomorrow onwards
interesting to me that this is your aim when you've also said that you think it would be better if towns did not eliminate day one

which i assumed to involve using the entire day to figure things out and then using the information gained from nightkill to also inform decisions

(which information gain not worth loss of elimination, odd number of players and such)

and get to day two as quickly as possible has the exact opposite effect of limiting information as much as possible

but idk how alignment relevant this might be
oh, i am 100% down for no elimination, but whenever i say that i usually get shouted at and no one likes that so i tend to just think that instead of saying it nowadays.
I don't want to spend today trying to figure things out, i just want to skip to day 2 when we can all start playing properly.
Dy 1 is just...tiresome. And i spent a month waiting for this game to fire and then have to wait another week until it gets going properly.
Again on this...why do you deserve a pass on D1 when it's clear someone else will likely be eliminated? If we were all down with your approach, then fine, I'd maybe get the logic, but it's fairly evident most of us don't agree with it and want to eliminate someone, because those votes can give us info even if we get the elimination wrong. I get D1 involves a lot of firing into the dark, but it's not as if D2 automatically provides us with all the answers we need to solve the game.

But to engage, out of interest, to try a different approach here...what reads would you have on D2 depending on which players are eliminated?

For example, if I'm killed overnight, how would that influence your D2 reads? How about the same with Scorpious, or with Angela? That appears to evidently be how you play the game here, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on who you'd suspect depending on what happens overnight.
honestly, don't know. i normally sit there day 2 and look at the wagons that formed and who was on which ones. i normally have some idea that some wagons are obviously on town players, and anyone joining them for crappy reasoning get naughty points. that combined with whatever info players bring to the table day 2 are what i go on.
im not going to waste the time doing that now though
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 856, angela wrote:i am pretty willing to give geraintm a day one pass here even though it is very frustrating to me as well just don’t really think it makes geraintm super likely mafia
Yeah, ger reads to me more like a weird townie proposing weird plays than a scum trying to push something that will hurt town.
~Vasex
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 881, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't think the evidence is weak

i also play a lot by gut and can't articulate that

my gut says rathe and my gut is usually better than my logical part of my brain anyway so i trust it
i dont trust gut. one, your guy is no better than random, two, you could be scum.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 863, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 861, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 859, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 855, angela wrote:
In post 846, MalcolmTucker wrote:I find the current vote tally on Scorpious quite interesting - as has been noted we're nearing elimination and he's generally had the biggest vote tally throughout the game but nobody actually appears to be pushing him or trying to solidify that block as such. Why not, if they want him out?
i mean, do you think it is alignment indicative that i haven’t pushed the scorpious wagon over?
I think you're at least consistently making posts and trying to move the game forward though, you're the most active player here and while that doesn't guarantee town, I feel like most of your posts are adding something to play. Whereas I feel like some other slots are dropping votes on players they potentially feel confident on without doing anything about it beyond that in a way that could easily be mafia coasting by.
names?
On the Scorpious wagon, I feel like this could apply to Nero and Kitty. Doesn't mean they're definitely mafia, could be it's just their best read so far in a game that's been light on proper reads for the most part, but it feels like a wagon that simultaneously won't go away while also not going anywhere in particular.
Exactly, I'm finding this game kinda difficult to read so far and there are people I'm willing to sheep.
~Vasex
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 907, Galron wrote:I never like geraintm Day 1 and this game is no different. Lots of talk about how Day 1 sucks and we need to get to Day 2. But he's done this nearly every game I've played with him since he returned. I don't find it scummy because he does that as both alignments. Same thing with the entry post routine, and I don't know whether he's said it yet -- he usually does it at the beginning of the game and I missed it if it's there -- but he's essentially VLA on the weekends.

Those three things are what you get from geraintm Day 1 as either alignment, and it makes his scum game difficult to figure out because people interact with him on the Day 1 topic and sometimes on the entry routine topic, and it just generates posts that distract from learning what he's doing as far as the current game goes. So it's easy for scum him to hide in that, and the more people pay attention to it, the better his scum game gets. My first game with him in December 2019, I thought he was a bit daft. but that's really not the case.

So my recommendation with him is determine whether he's promoting those topics, making them last longer, or if he's paying attention to people's reactions and actually playing the game without discussing those topics. Generally, when I see he's in my game, I do just give him a pass. And you know what I can't remember a scum game that we were in together where his team didn't end up winning so now I'm thinking giving him a pass is a huge mistake and I should be following the method I just laid out every game I have with him and I haven't yet done that this game.

NTS So that's a thing I need to do.
i have had some hugely weird wins as scum, ones where we no way deserved to emerge victorious.
maybe people need to pressure me more day 2 onwards, but day 1....well you are just going to start policy eliminating me then and if that is the case there are others who are just as blank day 1 as me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 913, Scorpious wrote:Well, I would feel better about Gera’s schtick if they didn’t keep reminding us about it.
see, this is the reason why i dont bring up the no elim thing!
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Gera could be scum OFC. I don't have a solid read on them besides "pseudo-NM".
~Vasex
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1041, Not_Mafia wrote:Who claimed mailman?
i like i can always point elsewhere when people want to eliminate me
i did atleast spend 3 awkward pages of reading on the mailman claim.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:14 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1107, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 856, angela wrote:i am pretty willing to give geraintm a day one pass here even though it is very frustrating to me as well just don’t really think it makes geraintm super likely mafia
Yeah, ger reads to me more like a weird townie proposing weird plays than a scum trying to push something that will hurt town.
weird bad townie
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:19 pm

Post by geraintm »

just caught up with 10 pages or so from overnight. the game state progressed pretty much zero.
i don't know the vote count, but i was on scorpious and even i don't want to eliminate there so UNVOTE: and just assume once i know who the longest wagon is i'll vote there.

i have to confess, people saying i am hard to read - i think i am incredibly easy to spot as scum. i spend the entire game in panic mode, huge mood swings. i believe town can spot me everytime, or at least should be.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:48 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Guess what? My power cut out again!
In post 972, Scorpious wrote:
In post 534, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 369, Scorpious wrote:I'm fairly confident that within a few posts Kitty will vote me..
Correct. How is my post an overreaction? It's not like I flipped out, I just snarked at gera. This and your other posts regarding me read like a shade-throwing attempt. I'll wait until I catch up to vote you to not accidentally hammer you if it came to that though.
It's posts like this that make me agree on Kitty...

They've totally buddied up to Pooky as well who I believe has been pushing me the hardest.
How so? Is this an OMGUS?
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 996, Scorpious wrote:
In post 994, angela wrote:are you a mason?
Even easier to prove than that..
Are you an activated IC or what? You already basically claimed it, might as well reveal?
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:55 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1006, Scorpious wrote:Damnit, I did the same thing I said like 100 posts I want to stop doing..

UNVOTE:

I’m a town mailman b t dubs
UNVOTE:
Send someone you think is town the message "I'm Scorpius and I'm town" or an equivalent tonight then. If they claim they didn't get it, we hang you tomorrow and then them if you were really mailman. 1 for 1. But for now, live.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:57 am

Post by KittyTacky »

NVM, yeah, it could be a lie, I forgot how mailman works. Could be a scum mailman, not a super rare role.
VOTE: Scorpius
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:02 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1017, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1014, Andresvmb wrote:Like I wouldn’t stop voting you just so I can preserve a mailman. There’s probably multiple elements of the game I’m missing obviously with incomplete information, but I’m not all of a sudden going to start thinking oh a mailman? That’s such an important role, I need to immediately unvote.

Having said that, what it does do is confirm at night that you’re away from where the NK takes place (unless you can multi-task), which I suppose on balance is a positive.

Can someone chime in here?
Understand the role can go either way, but we should probably not be eliminating someone claiming town PR D1 here.
Fair, but it's such an easy claim for a Mafiailman though. and Really, it's not a very strong role either way due to easily being scum, thus not autoconfirm.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:05 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1020, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like realistically the only thing you can do with it is send msgs that say "hey if you receive this message then say ____" in your first post of the day and if they don't say it then you find a mafia ascetic?

its kind of a shitty checker?
Interesting. Extremely niche play though. Never really thought it could be used like that lol.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1033, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i don't think this is a fakeclaim becuz it'd be so dumb to fake claim a mailman role you don't have
Definitely, it's extremely easily to prove that you're
a
mailman, but it's nearly impossible to prove that you're a town mailman.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:13 am

Post by KittyTacky »

The claim proves nothing, even if he claimed something stupid like Bulletproof Cop in a previous game doesn't mean he is forever locked into making wacky fakeclaims.
~Vasex
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 am

Post by geraintm »

he should surely know by now that he won't be allowed to get away with a claim like that ever again? if he does something like that again, he just knows he is going to get eliminated everytime he is forced to claim...

right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”