Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1046, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1034, Andante wrote:lol I keep getting distracted by all the talk about me.. ok VP, pick a person, we're sorting them, lets gooo
I actually want to do a reads list this afternoon if i have time to help me sort my head this game. There are a few points I've just skimmed to keep up, so I think making myself do a reads list will help me affirm or change how I'm feeling about a few people.

Strange and CSF don't strike me as particularly townie rn. I also want to read MT more since folks are talking about her a bit (though I have limited experience with her and some of the talk seems meta).

I kind of vibe with some of Fire's posts, so I'm less interested there than when luke was here.

Oh, and Guilty Lion receiving countermeta to his scum read on me and then not even looking at it, but still sticking with his scum read was kind of head scratching to me. But I'm kind of generally bugged on people giving shit reads on me and confbiasing, so I could be very wrong to be annoyed at that!
mmmk I like how we have different opinions on luke/fire... for sure I might wanna discuss that later, I have to go soon, and hopefully I can just talk to fire before I do head out, and I'll kinda get back to you on this later
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1047, Cephrir wrote:zzzzzz
are we boring? Cause I might need to move you back to like my null reads lol, I need something truly game related to TR you by, but I'll think about it later, I'm not sold you're town though
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1038, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1032, Greeting wrote:Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with catboi a few times before and he was never like this.
ive read some games with him in it and do not think this is alignment indicative lol, if anything i think he is that way as town more often
I'm aware that all games I've played with
catboi
before were Newbies and probably more experienced players act differently in Newbie setups than in other games. I also kinda tend to prioritise meta from my personal experiences with other players rather than get it from reading random games a player has been in. If I'm not personally involved in a game, I tend to not be very interested in analysing it. I guess it's my flaw when it comes to getting meta.

Still, there is enough doubt for me here to leave
catboi
in null territory. I think this slot will sort itself out eventually though.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1051, Andante wrote:
are we boring? Cause I might need to move you back to like my null reads lol, I need something truly game related to TR you by, but I'll think about it later, I'm not sold you're town though
yeah i understand. im struggling to develop any reads right now and the stuff most people are saying is kinda NAI and boring to me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1053, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1051, Andante wrote:
yeah i understand. im struggling to develop any reads right now and the stuff most people are saying is kinda NAI and boring to me.
hmmm you want some spice? could go down the Titus maf path.. that could result in some spice..
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

it's possible that i havent rolled town for so long that i forgot how
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote: I know it sounds crazy! But I feel like avis can have an unconscious bias influence on how snippy people think you're being. People legit call me scummy all the time in games as town, and I think part of it is my avatar.
It absolutely does. And it doesn't just apply to one's behavior, people tend to associate the avatar with the person typing behind the screen. I had to put in pronouns as everyone assumed that I'm female just because I have a bad picture of Godney Spears as my avi. :lol:

I also had a k-pop loving phase in like 2012 (don't give me too much slack for it, I was 15-16ish) and had one of my idols as my avatar on another forum back then. Everyone just assumed I was Asian.

In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote:All that being said, catboi did seem slightly aggressive in a few interactions, where it seemed a bit much. Could also just be having RL annoyances I guess, so overall, not sure I agree with him not being an expert. He does have a good grasp of the setup, and I think that's something we want to leverage if he's town.
Hence why I think it's best just to leave him in the null and look for townies somewhere else.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1055, Cephrir wrote:it's possible that i havent rolled town for so long that i forgot how
easy.. exact same as maf.. try your best to look like town so you have to make some reads! and I'll probably look at your reasoning and ask for more if I'm suspicious
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Andante »

I can't tell if fire is currently frozen scum, that's panicing by me asking for more details on the reads... or town actually working on those reads
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1056, Greeting wrote:people tend to associate the avatar with the person typing behind the screen
this is a FACT!!! my "wolf" avatar... hahahahaha I love it though!!! it's so me!!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1048, Andante wrote:So you have a TR on catboi... for essentially doing no solving?? You do realize it's easy for maf to talk mech... mech gives off nothing alignment indicative... and if catboi is one of your strong TRs.. with this reasoning?? umm I'm not even sure what to make of this

The lion read feels weird too, like, can you point to specific posts that you feel are towny?

these reads are just... you CAME IN with stronger reads than this from when you were following along... now? it's like "ehhh yeah they town!!" which I'm not sure I buy these are legit reads.. I need you to convince me more that these are your reads, sell me on the idea catboi is town, and sell me that GL is leaning town
catboi: call it gut if you want, but it's based on how i think he would approach the game based on who i think he is as a player. maybe that's not how you read people but to me at least those kind of reads are where my most confident reads come from. i like to think about what motivations people would have to do what they're doing as either town or maf and then decide which one i think is more likely

lion: and , that MT post was something i gutread as scummy but didn't really have the words for why and so to see him calling it out too and also give an explanation for it that fit with what i was thinking made me like him more. besides MT, his response to me in felt good and solvy to me. idk if im really townleaning him individually but i agree with him on MT and if he's right on that then i think he's town. if not then eh its less of a townlean

reads in general: i don't think my reads are any stronger or weaker now than they were before, it's just that when responding to something in the moment it's easy to snap say "this is scummy" or "this is towny", but if you're asking me to like really reflect and explain my thought process, there's a lot more going on than that bc i don't ever locktown or lockscum people, especially this early
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1032, Greeting wrote:There's also a second reason: he seems to be very knowledgeable about this setup, which could either mean that he's individually very experienced in mafia games and games in general (likely), but this knowledge could have also been a result of him having a private space to analyse the setup with someone equally experienced (also likely).
You do realize the setup mechanics were made public in signups, right?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1038, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1032, Greeting wrote:Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with catboi a few times before and he was never like this.
ive read some games with him in it and do not think this is alignment indicative lol, if anything i think he is that way as town more often
look, a ghost
In post 1041, Andante wrote:
In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote:All that being said, catboi did seem slightly aggressive in a few interactions, where it seemed a bit much. Could also just be having RL annoyances I guess, so overall, not sure I agree with him not being an expert. He does have a good grasp of the setup, and I think that's something we want to leverage if he's town.
his start was very agressive.. I was reading that on the bus like "oh snap..." then pooky went silent, and I don't blame pooky for that, so like, the 2 are not maf together, I've legit never seen catboi like that before so I was just ignoring that, but yeah very knowledgeable, but he's also the kind of person who will fully understand the setup before it starts, and I believe it was him that was annoyed by the million mech questions too, which I'd say would point to being town. idk, I have like my own unique reason I TR him, I'll reevaluate later though
It is annoying to even have to comment on this but the interactions between me and pooky are just frivolous banter and are being read as significantly more serious than they actually were
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i also don't think catboi is doing no solving and didn't say i was TRing him for that. i just don't think he's sharing all of his solving with the thread, and just commenting on something when he feels it's worth doing. maybe he does that as scum sometimes too but in this case at least i feel towny vibes. he was also more outwardly pushing people earlier, like with luke, and that felt towny to me too
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1060, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1048, Andante wrote:So you have a TR on catboi... for essentially doing no solving?? You do realize it's easy for maf to talk mech... mech gives off nothing alignment indicative... and if catboi is one of your strong TRs.. with this reasoning?? umm I'm not even sure what to make of this

The lion read feels weird too, like, can you point to specific posts that you feel are towny?

these reads are just... you CAME IN with stronger reads than this from when you were following along... now? it's like "ehhh yeah they town!!" which I'm not sure I buy these are legit reads.. I need you to convince me more that these are your reads, sell me on the idea catboi is town, and sell me that GL is leaning town
catboi: call it gut if you want, but it's based on how i think he would approach the game based on who i think he is as a player. maybe that's not how you read people but to me at least those kind of reads are where my most confident reads come from. i like to think about what motivations people would have to do what they're doing as either town or maf and then decide which one i think is more likely

lion: and , that MT post was something i gutread as scummy but didn't really have the words for why and so to see him calling it out too and also give an explanation for it that fit with what i was thinking made me like him more. besides MT, his response to me in felt good and solvy to me. idk if im really townleaning him individually but i agree with him on MT and if he's right on that then i think he's town. if not then eh its less of a townlean

reads in general: i don't think my reads are any stronger or weaker now than they were before, it's just that when responding to something in the moment it's easy to snap say "this is scummy" or "this is towny", but if you're asking me to like really reflect and explain my thought process, there's a lot more going on than that bc i don't ever locktown or lockscum people, especially this early
yes!!! for half a second I was like "oh no.. I broke fire.." this is what I love to see!!!!
These are very good. thank you! I love them!

> i like to think about what motivations people would have to do what they're doing as either town or maf and then decide which one i think is more likely
oh if that's true, I have the PERFECT sentence I want your thoughts on, cause not a lot of people are thinking this way, but I'll pull it up later, I don't have time right now

I think I wanna revisit your lion thing later, cause agreeing with someone on a sr is kinda just meh... like, MT has basically been SRed from the start I think, so it's not exactly an original read.. so I'm not a huge fan of the read like:
> but i agree with him on MT and if he's right on that then i think he's town.
cause that.. yeah

but yes, thank you for getting back to me, I like this a lot, more thoughts to come later!!
(for me the confidence in your reads,, comes off more as like, initially "fearless, here you go!!!" now, you feel a lot more careful.. idk if that's the word I want, but I think this'll work, if I just keep talking to you, I think it'll end well)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1064, Andante wrote:I think I wanna revisit your lion thing later, cause agreeing with someone on a sr is kinda just meh... like, MT has basically been SRed from the start I think, so it's not exactly an original read.. so I'm not a huge fan of the read
really? ig i wasn't here, but i didn't see anyone comment on MT looking scummy until after i came in. ill go have a look tho
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1062, catboi wrote:It is annoying to even have to comment on this but the interactions between me and pooky are just frivolous banter and are being read as significantly more serious than they actually were
I mean, overall I'm just ignoring it, someone else brought it up, I read that and went "oof yeah I really don't want to talk now.." I think you're town, and I have a theory on my luke/fire read... I want to ask fire more stuff in a bit before I reveal that theory, but yeah, you're like my top tr right now, soooo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:32 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1062, catboi wrote:look, a ghost
idk what this means. i feel like im missing an inside joke or smth
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1065, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1064, Andante wrote:I think I wanna revisit your lion thing later, cause agreeing with someone on a sr is kinda just meh... like, MT has basically been SRed from the start I think, so it's not exactly an original read.. so I'm not a huge fan of the read
really? ig i wasn't here, but i didn't see anyone comment on MT looking scummy until after i came in. ill go have a look tho
I mean, I had tweet as scum early, and I think people started SRing her more when I moved her to TR
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Andante »

whelp hey, lucky for yall I have to go, I'd LOVE to see someone challenging a TR or SR of mine, like, leggoooo
I think I'm a little concerned about my Titus read, so if anyone is bored, I'd love to come back to thoughts on Titus!!!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1069, Andante wrote:I think I'm a little concerned about my Titus read, so if anyone is bored, I'd love to come back to thoughts on Titus!!!
What's your Titus read again?

My take on her play so far on instinct is its kind of nothing yet, which is maybe concerning, but I expect town Titus would get pretty engaged eventually in a game with heavy mechs and a fun playerlist.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1012, catboi wrote:It's possible to be town and have a different opinion, you know.
Yes
In post 1013, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1011, Dwlee99 wrote:Then stop saying the exact opposite of what I'm thinking
I think you're wrong on this one. What specifically are their opposite reads?
Frogster/Andante/CSF/Idk probably more
In post 1020, Andante wrote:
In post 1011, Dwlee99 wrote:Then stop saying the exact opposite of what I'm thinking
In post 1012, catboi wrote:It's possible to be town and have a different opinion, you know.
Dwlee... you've been calling me scum from the start, I think, if town, maybe your reads are just backwards this game...
Possible but idk

I really just think game state is pointing to town consensus being wrong right now. There are only 4 scum though which I think I should keep in mind when making this judgement but I'm having trouble factoring it in.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1061, catboi wrote:
In post 1032, Greeting wrote:There's also a second reason: he seems to be very knowledgeable about this setup, which could either mean that he's individually very experienced in mafia games and games in general (likely), but this knowledge could have also been a result of him having a private space to analyse the setup with someone equally experienced (also likely).
You do realize the setup mechanics were made public in signups, right?
Yeah, and my thought was "oh, this looks cool, let's try it out and see what goes" and not "let's break it down to pieces to figure out the optimal play for each alignment before the game starts". I also think that the majority of players think the same way I do. You might be one who went for the latter though.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1072, Greeting wrote:I also think that the majority of players think the same way I do
This type of thinking is responsible for a large amount of bad reads in mafia games.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Titus »

I'm alive. I'm struggling to keep up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”