Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Because you know that I've got your scumbuddy, why wouldn't you try to get me lynched.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

i can't even fully comprehend how ridiculous your thought process in this game is
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Dattebayo
Dattebayo
Goon
Dattebayo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Dattebayo »

Reasons for voting Net:
Dattebayo wrote:
Netlava wrote:Somehow, I think going vanilla hands the advantage over to scum and kinda defeats the purpose of the game, but I guess I'll be fine with it if everyone else agrees. I'm trying to think of a way to make good use of the roles.
I don't like this post at all. If you think it hands the advantage over to the scum then you should not just go along with it if everyone else agrees. Just trying to go along and blend in with the crowd is a part of the scum agenda.
Unvote, Vote: Netlava

Anyway, if doctors act as vanilla townies, then the mafia tracker is stripped of its usefulness. So then the only power roles would be masons. Is that advantageous to the town?
Dattebayo wrote:
Netlava wrote:
Dattebayo wrote:Were you serious with that vote?
Yes, for missing the idea that shortening the number of days may be justifiable if it ends positively for town.
There are a few things that I don't like about that. First of all, your accusation on riceballtail is more like a defense from his accusation than it is justification for your vote on him. Second, because your accusation is like a defense instead of a valid scum tell, your vote looks like OMGUS. And third, I don't like how you never actually stated your reasoning for the vote in the post with the vote; it makes it look like didn't have justification at the time of the vote.
Rice's recent antics have been... odd. His reasoning is flawed, but that isn't always indicative of scumminess. I'll keep an eye on him.

Other players, please way in on the current situation and tell us your thoughts. The lack of content is only helping the scum hide.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

Ouch.
I'm extremely confused, and I'm going into V/LA soon (as my sig says).
I'll make a complete reread later, and then come up with useful content.
Sorry.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by muffinhead »

vote count

Riceballtail (2)- militant- roflcopter

militant (1)- Riceballtail

Not Voting (6)- Sun Tsu ,pacman281292,Netlava,raider8169,sotty7,Dattebayo

5 votes will do it..

Mod: I don't want to be cheeky but would it be posible to have a vote count please.
Dont worry its fine. Just ask whenever you want one.
Last edited by muffinhead on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

MOD:
I believe it only takes 5 votes to lynch, since we're down to 9 players.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by muffinhead »

My apologies, thanks for pointing that out. It should be fixed now.

Prodding sun tsu.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:39 am

Post by militant »

Rice, your accusation that me and Rofl are scum buddies is quite frankly ridiculous.

Right then I would really like to hear from Sun Tzu, sotty7 and Netlava. I agree with Datte:
Dattebayo wrote:Other players, please way in on the current situation and tell us your thoughts. The lack of content is only helping the scum hide.
Regarding your posts Netlava would you kindly elaborate on what your "plan" consists of; either way you seemed to have aroused an awful lot of suspicion, it seems almost convenient that you are lurking today.

I would also like it is Pacman posted something of substance and relevant to the game. I don't want to be mean but if you cannot post you should ask to be replaced. Inactivity is not fun for anyone, makes the game a bit slow.

I am still going to re read day 1 but alas lifes been busy.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Rice seems the scummiest to me, followed by Netlava.

Militant, raider and roflcopter seem protown.

Although I am somewhat suspicious of Netlava, I don't like Rice's reasoning. A lot of people proposed plans on day 1 and we discussed them and they all looked pretty bad. I don't think suggesting a bad plan is necessarily scummy. His was the worst, but I don't think he's still pushing it.

Even though Rice and Netlava are my top suspects, their accusations don't feel like a bus to me so I doubt they are both scum but I think one of them is. I hope that makes sense.

As far as our plan goes, I think we can either just lynch someone and no one targets, or we could continue with having everyone target one person.

The problem with the second option is I don't know who I would want to target and lynch since I wouldn't want to go Rice/Net since I doubt they are both scum here. I guess we could lynch Rice and target Net if rice is town and target someone else (or no one) if rice is scum.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 am

Post by raider8169 »

Im back everyone. I need to look more into the mil rice discussions. I do not really understand the case on Rice, can someone sum it up for me?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:33 am

Post by militant »

raider8169 wrote:I do not really understand the case on Rice, can someone sum it up for me?
Yes, I can.

On page 8 Rice immediately voted for Netlava, it aroused my suspicion. I asked why and he replied with a reason. I suggested every player make a list as to who they think is scum so as to create discussion which town need. Rice replies with a vote for me, the reason being that my post is the "Scummiest post you could ever make." I was once again suspicious of rice due to vague reasons he was giving and the fact that on the break of day2 he voted for Net, but as soon as I make one post he thinks is suspicious he votes for me. This makes his arguments seem very weak, almost as if he just wanted to get someone lynched. I asked him to explain his reason for voting me in a little more detail. On page 9 he then suggested it was a good idea to lynch the last quack. He then accuses me of various things and votes me, I didn't quite understand the reasons so asked him to explain them to which he completely ignored, much like my previous question. In a last ditch attempt he claims myself and Rofl are scumbuddies because we are both voting for him.

I thought of this after I typed up the whole of my summary but you are effectively skimming, why can you not re read the whole "militant vs. Riceballtail" discussion yourself?

Parts of your posts perplexed me Sun Tzu:
Sun Tzu wrote:Even though Rice and Netlava are my top suspects, their accusations don't feel like a
bus
to me so I doubt they are both scum but I think one of them is. I hope that makes sense.
What's meant by the term "bus" exactly?
Sun Tzu wrote:As far as
our plan goes
, I think we can either just lynch someone and no one targets, or we could continue with having everyone target one person.
I was didn't know "we" had a plan, what are you referring to?
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
Dattebayo
Dattebayo
Goon
Dattebayo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Dattebayo »

Sun Tzu wrote:Rice seems the scummiest to me, followed by Netlava.

Militant, raider and roflcopter seem protown.

Although I am somewhat suspicious of Netlava, I don't like Rice's reasoning. A lot of people proposed plans on day 1 and we discussed them and they all looked pretty bad. I don't think suggesting a bad plan is necessarily scummy. His was the worst, but I don't think he's still pushing it.

Even though Rice and Netlava are my top suspects, their accusations don't feel like a bus to me so I doubt they are both scum but I think one of them is. I hope that makes sense.

As far as our plan goes, I think we can either just lynch someone and no one targets, or we could continue with having everyone target one person.

The problem with the second option is I don't know who I would want to target and lynch since I wouldn't want to go Rice/Net since I doubt they are both scum here. I guess we could lynch Rice and target Net if rice is town and target someone else (or no one) if rice is scum.
Woah lynching and targetting if someone comes up town?! :o
Please state your reasons for suspecting the players.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Netlava »

Roflcopter is a scummy because he seems to exaggerate how scummy he finds other people. With clammy earlier in the game, it was ok since it was coming out of random stage, but now his posts continue to follow this same trend, which I don't like. From my experience, I've found that scum tend to exaggerate people's guilt and throw out words like "malicious" etc.

Vote: roflcopter
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by militant »

Netlava wrote:Roflcopter is a scummy because he seems to exaggerate how scummy he finds other people. With clammy earlier in the game, it was ok since it was coming out of random stage, but now his posts continue to follow this same trend, which I don't like. From my experience, I've found that scum tend to exaggerate people's guilt and throw out words like "malicious" etc.

Vote: roflcopter
You failed to answer my question, Netlava:
militant wrote:Regarding your posts Netlava would you kindly elaborate on what your "plan" consists of; either way you seemed to have aroused an awful lot of suspicion, it seems almost convenient that you are lurking today
I find it strange that you would totally ignore the fact that Datte is voting you. He even supplied quotes yet you still refrain from justifying what you said. It seems strange that you would totally ignore the fact you are being voted but vote somebody else, possibly trying to switch the attention to them. I am not saying you should not be voting Rofl but I think you should justify what you previously said and what you are being voted for or acknowledge it at least.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:55 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:I thought of this after I typed up the whole of my summary but you are effectively skimming, why can you not re read the whole "militant vs. Riceballtail" discussion yourself?
When someone sums it up it is just easier but also at the same time shows the dedication to the case.

The case does have points but they are not scummy points IMO.

The day one plans were open for everyones opinion. Scum would of course list a plan that would still benifet them without us knowing. Plans that would just be bad can come from both sides. Someone can look at the possible good things that can come out of it without seeing the bad things and it may take someone else to point those out. It is not a scumtell to me. Why would scum try and push a plan they would know would fail?

His vote for net was carried over from the previous day. As he stated and I am happy with that. People do not need to agree with the vote but just make sure his vote is not just sitting on someone.

I do not like lists of who people think are scum. It can start bandwagons if 2 people just think the same. It is way too easy for scum to start one and guide the town into a mislynch. Just my personal feeling. Asking one person about who they think is scum is not so bad but the same affect can happen.

Lynching the last quack or scum will help out town. I would much rather hit scum but atleast if the quack goes down then the docs can start protecting.

I do not think you are scum for thinking the way you do I just thought it was weak when I read it the first time and wanted to give it another chance. The things I did not comment on, I need to look into more.
Dattebayo
Dattebayo
Goon
Dattebayo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Dattebayo »

militant wrote:I find it strange that you would totally ignore the fact that Datte is voting you. He even supplied quotes yet you still refrain from justifying what you said. It seems strange that you would totally ignore the fact you are being voted but vote somebody else, possibly trying to switch the attention to them. I am not saying you should not be voting Rofl but I think you should justify what you previously said and what you are being voted for or acknowledge it at least.
Net and I actually did have a back and forth in day 1 regarding some of my arguments against him, so it is unfair to say that he never acknowledged them.

Right now, I am most interested in Sun's reasons for his scum list, his explanation for suggesting to do the all doctor/quacks protect one persons plan if a lynchee turns up townie, and why he feels a we should lynch now.

I'm going to meta rofl; I've played in a game with him once where he was town but I want familiarize myself with his playstyle as both town and scum. So far I've put Rofl off to the side because what i've seen of him so far reflects his playstyle in our previous game together but I'm not going to disregard him any more because of evidence from just one game.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by muffinhead »

vote count

Riceballtail (2)- militant, roflcopter

militant (1)- Riceballtail
roflcopter (1)- Netlava

Not Voting (5)- Sun Tsu ,pacman281292,raider8169, Jazzmyn,Dattebayo

5 votes to lynch

Jazzmyn replaces sotty7 which takes effect immediately.
Show

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hello, all

I am replacing Sotty7, so in keeping with the instructions I received via PM by the game mod:

/confirm :)

I will have to read the entire thread to get up to speed, and will post something substantive as soon as possible.

Regards,
Jazz
Dattebayo
Dattebayo
Goon
Dattebayo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Dattebayo »

Mod: I am voting Netlava.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:05 am

Post by militant »

Dattebayo wrote:
militant wrote:I find it strange that you would totally ignore the fact that Datte is voting you. He even supplied quotes yet you still refrain from justifying what you said. It seems strange that you would totally ignore the fact you are being voted but vote somebody else, possibly trying to switch the attention to them. I am not saying you should not be voting Rofl but I think you should justify what you previously said and what you are being voted for or acknowledge it at least.
Net and I actually did have a back and forth in day 1 regarding some of my arguments against him, so it is unfair to say that he never acknowledged them.
Meh, Something about ignoring an accusation and a vote on day 2 just does not sit right with me.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:24 am

Post by raider8169 »

This day is starting to drag on. I have not had time to reread and come up with someone worth lynching today, stupid college.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Netlava »

militant wrote:Meh, Something about ignoring an accusation and a vote on day 2 just does not sit right with me.
I believe I addressed Datte's accusation already, but I guess I'll go back to it. Not sure what you mean by vote on day 2 though.
Dattebayo wrote:If you think it hands the advantage over to the scum then you should not just go along with it if everyone else agrees.
Well, I don't think the concession is big enough.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Whew.

I had to read the entire thread from start to finish twice to make sense of what happened on Day 1, and I've also been working my way through reading each player's posts in isolation to try to get a sense of who's who in terms of pro-town v. scummy players. I haven't got through all of the players' posts in isolation yet, but in the meantime, I thought I should post my overall impressions so far.

As a replacement coming into Day 2 after a disastrous Day 1, I am cognizant that I have a different benefit of hindsight than those of you who were here on Day 1, since I wasn't here at the time that you were all posting what you did on Day 1, so I have tried to keep that in mind while re-reading the second time. I have tried to separate out the things that struck me as suspicious
only
with the benefit of hindsight from those that struck me as suspicious even
without
the benefit of hindsight. Of course, it is impossible to do that with 100% accuracy, for obvious reasons, but I have tried.

Overall, I find roflcopter the most suspicious for his constant exaggeration of the alleged scumminess of others by way of very short posts almost entirely devoid of substance and entirely devoid of evidence in support of his allegations. I am not impressed or swayed by dramatic accusations in the absence of evidence, and roflcopter seems to be trying to hone "dramatic accusations in the absence of evidence" to an art form.

The player who pings my scumdar most after roflcopter is Sun Tzu, because he seems to be flying under the radar without contributing much to the thread, but then showing up to hammer once the townies have committed to a (in my view, flawed - sorry to say) plan which was very likely to end badly for the town. It is often the case that among scum teams, there are vocal ones who take the lead and quiet ones who sit back and try to fly under the radar, showing up only when necessary. Sun's Day 1 history seems to fit the bill for (one of?) the quiet ones among the current scum team as he's posted very rarely, and has offered little, if anything, in the way of analysis but showing up when absolutely necessary to support the scum team.

As I said, I tried to separate out the hindsight parts of my review for my first substantive post since I wasn't here on Day 1 and most of the rest of you were, but I will be happy to expand on the rest of it further during the course of discussion.

Regards,
Jazz
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:28 am

Post by militant »

Netlava wrote:
militant wrote:Meh, Something about ignoring an accusation and a vote on day 2 just does not sit right with me.
I believe I addressed Datte's accusation already, but I guess I'll go back to it. Not sure what you mean by vote on day 2 though.
This is the vote I am talking about Net:
Dattebayo wrote:I did a quick skim of day 1 instead of an extensive re read due to time constraints.

First, I don't see either side of the Militant vs. Riceballtail as presenting paticularly strong arguments but Militant is holding up better than Rice. Rice should have presented his reasons for calling Militant's post scummy upfront and his failure to do so has me wary. What's even more arousing is the fact that Rice has failed to present a clear argument again in the same game (he was asked to clarify on voting Net in day 1 twice).

My vote returns to its spot on Net from day 1, however. I stated multiple reasons yesterday and he is #1 on my scum list.

Vote: Netlava
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Netlava »

Well, if there's something you think I've missed, feel free to ask.
raider wrote:This day is starting to drag on. I have not had time to reread and come up with someone worth lynching today, stupid college.
This post seems off. I don't like the comment on how the day is dragging on without offering his opinions thus far. It feels like he is trying to rush us to a consensus before he commits.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”