micro 1049: taking it bit by bit (endgame)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 356, Logic and Literature wrote:
In post 350, DkKoba wrote:me: flea reads you as scum *quotes 3 posts where flea expresses L+L are scummy*

you: explain the read

me, who is not flea: ???????????

i really do wonder what the hurt tag meant if not a scumread according to you ROFL
I'm asking you for Flea's thought process

If you want to express a townread on Flea for scumreading me - you would have to think Flea's read of me is genuine - which would require you being able to explain Flea's thought process for scumreading me.
Aint nobody wanna know how that wrks btw.

And this is a weird ass fucking question from someone who's been screaming abuse all dang game.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:09 am

In post 425, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 356, Logic and Literature wrote:
In post 350, DkKoba wrote:me: flea reads you as scum *quotes 3 posts where flea expresses L+L are scummy*

you: explain the read

me, who is not flea: ???????????

i really do wonder what the hurt tag meant if not a scumread according to you ROFL
I'm asking you for Flea's thought process

If you want to express a townread on Flea for scumreading me - you would have to think Flea's read of me is genuine - which would require you being able to explain Flea's thought process for scumreading me.
Aint nobody wanna know how that wrks btw.

And this is a weird ass fucking question from someone who's been screaming "[i'm being] abuse[d]" all dang game.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 am

In post 357, Logic and Literature wrote:The fact that you are unable to answer this question and continue to dodge shows you did not do any evaluation of Flea SRing me.

Which implies you don't care if Flea is scum who is encouraging you to push me.
Wanna pull your head out your bung hole before I genuinely find reason to start? Like my health is causing some serious issues at the moment so when I get glimpses of being able to game I'm gaming.

You have done nothing but play victim to Koba's pushes this game and while they've been entirely honest in how they've poked at you, you have been so disingenuous in your most recent push.

You tell me why I SR you. Read back through your posts, and through mine, and tell me why I SR you.

Lets see if you can actually see any light.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:13 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 421, Enchant wrote:
In post 415, kennyk wrote: I admit that I didn't take into account the fact that cum could be informed.
Locktown.
I hope this is not just because I forgot to type a "s" in "scum". :mrgreen:
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 428, kennyk wrote:
In post 421, Enchant wrote:
In post 415, kennyk wrote: I admit that I didn't take into account the fact that cum could be informed.
Locktown.
I hope this is not just because I forgot to type a "s" in "scum". :mrgreen:
It is.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:19 am

In post 380, the worst wrote:@rce, flea, bugspray, enchant (whoever is town in this category) - please be wary that you're low content, haven't done a lot, and you are hard to townread but currently very easy to pocket.
dkkoba isn't able to explain their reads on any of you with any degree of depth, but their confidence level is increasing rapidly. this isn't sincere.
Ah yes, be aware that I'm low post, low content (I mean I'm not high content but I've got content) and hard to townread...

Meanwhile I can be high post, high content and impossible to town read too. Soooo ya know....

You've not exactly done much either ya know except poke at a couple bits that might get you townie points.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:41 am

*inane cackling*
In post 414, Logic and Literature wrote:ok, so. i skimmed the last few pages that happened while i was asleep. and every single post of koba that i saw has made me irrationally angry. so, in an effort to (1) promote a solving mindset and atmosphere and (2) not get banned for toxicity, i'm gonna go through everyone else's iso and give my thoughts and utterly ignore anything they've said. cool? cool.
Let the savagery commence.
In post 414, Logic and Literature wrote:
bugspray
- a whooping total of 4 posts, uhhh.... i think this is a scumlean? i don't really care about the early vt claim or whatever, but if i had to rank bugs somewhere, i'd say they're a scumlean because (1) i think town!bugs is excited to try to crack setups open, so the fact that they reacted so weakly and disinterestedly to the claims in is concerning, (2) i think that town!them would be more willing to try to break up the fight, or at least yell at me/my slot for prolonging it, while scum!bugs wouldn't give two shits because realistically, why would they
Scum reading someone for low posting in a game you claim has been under a stranglehold by someone you're attempting to batter down persistently through an abuse tactic. Nice read.
0/10
enchant
- don't feel strongly one way or another, i don't think they've really left their scumrange or anything... i'd put them as the smollest of leantowns due to not realizing that i am a part of a hydra, and i *assume* there would've been talk about us in the scum pt, but this isn't something that's guaranteed or terribly difficult to fake so wtv
Not out of scumrange but thinks enchant reads the maf pts and whats happened is easily fakeable so tl.
0/10
flea the magician
- eh. kind of concerning that flea has spent most of faer time here discussing thing that are evidently not related to alignments of players at all. i don't count the hurt tags or the "vibe check are failing" because if you scumread me, vote me. hurt tags take more time to type than vote tags, so i'm assuming that's not a scumread. would kill this slot too, i guess.
See Dats knows what happens when I get locked in a tunnel - and part of the problem is I got a gutping. And it's the kind of gutping I get people hate because it's literally "caught for no reason"
Given I also have a bad habit of SR'ing him regular it's potential I'm a threat here this game.
Who said the hurt tag didn't have an effect? :) It's an MBoS game.
Oh also you know you can't see YOLO with an ascetic claim...
kennyk
- still absolutely hate the poor attempts at shading us for the ascetic claim, but if i'm trying to be rational, i *can* see it coming from town because i know how it looks like when townies *think* they know mech but they really don't. i strongly disagree that kenny's conclusion was arrived at in a clearly townie manner or whatever but ok. strikes me as not an awful post. the jury is still out, though.
Lots oh uhm'ing and ah'ing to say you don't know.
0/10
mistyx
- i'm curious why you find enchant's vibes to be the best as of ? otherwise, this slot feels... empty. there's no glaring red flags that make me scumread her but i also don't think anything she's done so far would be particularly hard to fake. uh, the vote on bugs and the silence that continued is a bit worrying, i guess? yeah, i don't have much.
I need to poke Misty more myself actually. Shame it all got swept up in Karen-esque shenanigans.
Also "Nothing scummy but nothing townie but MAAAAYBE..."
0/10
rcenigma
- i'm confused why you backed off from kenny as quick as you did. otherwise, i'd say i'm slightly leaning towards town here? the kind-of-mech-but-not-really speculation on why koba is town feels sincere, and also unnecessary for rcenigma to make as scum (regardless if koba is his partner or not). there is one thing that's worrying me about this slot, but for now i think it would be better for me to wait and see how the day continues before i attempt to push at it.
So townreading with intent to push later maybe?
yeah ok
0/10
the worst
- it did strike me as a bit weird that duckie thought i was still dead null in . objectively, do i think i have done anything ai up to that point? no, not really. but the impression i have of duck is that he can read my mind better than i can and that he would've been able to astrally divine some sort of alignment-information out of my posts there if town. idk if that makes sense but it makes sense in my head. curious why you voted bugspray in ? (i know this seems like a trivial question, but bear with me.) and in the world where both me and koba are town, worries me *a lot*, for the very simple reason that it seems like duck has spent a lot of time saying how he doesn't think koba is necessarily being scummy, to then turn around and go "they're not sincere!!!" in a way that implies they are scummy for not being sincere. like, either their insincerity is nai because it's just a thing they do, or it's scummy. can't have it both ways. i haven't really seen much town!indicative from duck (and this might be because i don't know what it is that duck could do that would be outside their scumrange) but etc etc hopefully i figure it out at some point.
-10/10
That's a lot of text to say someone is null.
In post 414, Logic and Literature wrote:taking questions from anyone not named koba.
Do both heads agree on this reads list?
Do you often attempt to use abusive manipulation tactics to drown out a game and try and discredit someone?
Do you actually have any strong reads list?
Do you think you're going to survive N1?
Do you actually think you can do something other than make shitpushes on Koba?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:50 am

Bugs if you're town give me a GTH read you got, I know you're a slow starter usually but I wanna see something.

Misty, why Bugs?

Kenny I need to read you, got anything spicy?

Enchant, hi.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Enchant »

Hi Flea, what's up.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:47 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 415, kennyk wrote:But I don't agree with his first assumption. If scum really is informed and they know, there is one or more n1 vigs out there claiming n1 vig could get the claiming player some town cred.
Or shot.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:59 am

In post 433, Enchant wrote:Hi Flea, what's up.
Same shiz new day. Genuinely can't read you at all so honestly not going to bother trying lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:03 am

Post by the worst »

I like Flea lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:09 am

Post by the worst »

This feels markedly less opportunistic unless like, koba is town and pocketable into endgame? uncertain

Flea feels like a mirror version of how I feel about this 1v1 and it's fascinating
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Enchant »

We making plans for endgame already?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 432, Flea The Magician wrote:Misty, why Bugs?
slot's not doing anything

wcs they see the pressure and come back in and start making their alignment obvious, otherwise we get someone who isn't doing and is plausibly scum out
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Mistyx »

also i dont want to touch the koba/L&L argument with a ten foot pole cuz stuff like that's the reason i stopped playing on this site in the first place
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Logic and Literature »

flea seems to be playing in a way that seems *designed* to get on my nerves. which means this is probably town!flea. and in an attempt to avoid another yin-and-yang situation, i'm not gonna be commenting on literally every single thing fae has said. will say that "scumreading bugs for lowposting" is such a simplified version of my read it veers into being false, and a lot of "wow you don't have a lot of thoughts on this person but you still wrote words" is like, yeah, duh? i never claimed i did? the point was to start some productive discussion somewhere, not chug out a solve.
In post 431, Flea The Magician wrote:Do both heads agree on this reads list?
Do you often attempt to use abusive manipulation tactics to drown out a game and try and discredit someone?
nope, i did it without any input from ari. i have no clue where she stands.
not often.
nope, i would've said if i did.
if i live to n1, probably.
noting the loaded question, pointing at the wall i made in an effort to get something going that's not gonna involve screaming to koba.

-D
Datisi (he/it) and Aristeia (she/her) hydra!
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:34 am

In post 437, the worst wrote:This feels markedly less opportunistic unless like, koba is town and pocketable into endgame? uncertain
with the possibility of falling flat on my ass for using a low sample size, this feels very much like town-flea

i think scum-flea's plan here would be to be opportunistic, but like, this "push" (if you can call it that) does not feel designed in a way that gets me closer to being yeeted (arguably, it does the opposite) and i think fae is smart enough to know that as scum soooooo

-D
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:37 am

In post 441, Logic and Literature wrote:"scumreading bugs for lowposting" is such a simplified version of my read it veers into being false
actually i will go a bit deeper into this

i have played with town!bugs in games that were shitfests. the first game i can come up with is that chain of command game that georgebailey modded where i got into a huge fight with noraa early. in that game, not only did bugs not refrain from posting, they were actively scolding me for being inflammatory. bugs and i are friends outside of game, and i don't think they'd hesitate to tell me when i'm being a pos. here, they're not doing that. now, i know one game is not proof of like, anything, but it's a starting point that i want to poke at. so the "wow you're scumreading someone for not posting in a toxic environment that you have created" is *technically* true, but there is way more nuance there than simply "this person lurk so they scum lol"

-D
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:14 am

In post 441, Logic and Literature wrote:flea seems to be playing in a way that seems *designed* to get on my nerves. which means this is probably town!flea. and in an attempt to avoid another yin-and-yang situation, i'm not gonna be commenting on literally every single thing fae has said. will say that "scumreading bugs for lowposting" is such a simplified version of my read it veers into being false, and a lot of "wow you don't have a lot of thoughts on this person but you still wrote words" is like, yeah, duh? i never claimed i did? the point was to start some productive discussion somewhere, not chug out a solve.
In post 431, Flea The Magician wrote:Do both heads agree on this reads list?
nope, i did it without any input from ari. i have no clue where she stands.
not often.
nope, i would've said if i did.
if i live to n1, probably.
noting the loaded question, pointing at the wall i made in an effort to get something going that's not gonna involve screaming to koba.

-D
Oh the last question was retorical and was with the intent to see if either of you would bite the bait.
And my playstyle annoys a lot of people, honestly I'm past caring about that at this point. I do my thing and my thing honestly changes game by game.

And yes, it's a simplification but it is accurate.
The thing for me is the level of OVER explaination. It's not a thought process you have, it doesn't flow as one. It's a composed read explaination which is far more than is needed at this stage of the game.
In post 443, Logic and Literature wrote:
In post 441, Logic and Literature wrote:"scumreading bugs for lowposting" is such a simplified version of my read it veers into being false
actually i will go a bit deeper into this

i have played with town!bugs in games that were shitfests. the first game i can come up with is that chain of command game that georgebailey modded where i got into a huge fight with noraa early. in that game, not only did bugs not refrain from posting, they were actively scolding me for being inflammatory. bugs and i are friends outside of game, and i don't think they'd hesitate to tell me when i'm being a pos. here, they're not doing that. now, i know one game is not proof of like, anything, but it's a starting point that i want to poke at. so the "wow you're scumreading someone for not posting in a toxic environment that you have created" is *technically* true, but there is way more nuance there than simply "this person lurk so they scum lol"

-D
So my experience with bugs is rep-meta. Which I hate, honestly. Bugs as town is low effort ramping up. Bugs as scum, rep out/inactive.
4 posts at the moment fits in both metas.

When you get a chance, push A to make a reads list, I wanna try something, will come clean after, promise.
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:26 am

In post 444, Flea The Magician wrote:The thing for me is the level of OVER explaination. It's not a thought process you have, it doesn't flow as one. It's a composed read explaination which is far more than is needed at this stage of the game.
mmm. that is just A Thing I Do. you can argue that my thoughts were pumped up for more than they're worth, and on a certain level, you would not be wrong. i don't have super strong reads right now. but i'm not trying to pretending to have them, that wasn't the point. i *could* go into a meta rant of how this is a thing i do, but i don't know if it would actually be helpful for you right now.

will ask ari to make a readslist when she can.

-D
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by schadd_ »

taking it bit by bit

vote count 1.3 !

bugspray (2):
Mistyx, the worst
DkKoba (1):
Logic and Literature
Kennyk (1):
RCEnigma
the worst (1):
DkKoba

not voting (4):
Kennyk, Flea the Magician, bugspray, Enchant

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to let someone rot. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-04-11 18:00:19)

modorator notes
  • quunk
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by bugspray »

alright the pace is less fucked im gonna read like 5 pages maybe later tonight
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 447, bugspray wrote:alright the pace is less fucked im gonna read like 5 pages maybe later tonight
Tonight: Oh what you flooded, i need additional time!

Enchant predict future.
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 pm

are we still treating this as yelo or can i vote bugs now?

-D

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”