fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

who wouldn't be nervous before a big dance

actually tho weird that you think that, im just p low energy rn and am not trying very hard, don't think nervousness is really on the table. if i were maf id prob be more self conscious about how i sound
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Just as a heads up, I am actively trying to bring down the site wide perception of me being super high energy all of the time. Because, it is pretty not fun when I am town in a low energy irl day, and then everyone decides that low energy luke = scum luke, and so then low energy irl luke feels pressured to amp it up to not eat a miselim.

Take from that what you will, but I am aware that that might lead to me eating some miselims before people buy that I am changing my town playstyle for my own benefit.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 126, fireisredsir wrote:who wouldn't be nervous before a big dance

actually tho weird that you think that, im just p low energy rn and am not trying very hard, don't think nervousness is really on the table. if i were maf id prob be more self conscious about how i sound
why would maf you be more self conscious? you know you for sure get a partner here on d1.. nothing to worry about there
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Andante »

and like, @ fire, it doesn't feel like you're even trying to sort anyone right now
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

cause its a mafia game and i wouldn't want to get caught? idk how the dance play differs exactly from standard, but i assume that is still a concern
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 120, mykonian wrote:
In post 111, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 90, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 66, Andante wrote:
In post 60, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 56, Bell wrote:K.
*slams* breaks.
Both of you. Shush for a little. I already see where this is going.
Let’s all lurk for a bit before inevitably losing self control and spamming again.
towny post
scummy entrance
i had already entered
I had not seen an issue with post 66, but this response does not look good

Scum Luke would dream of getting away with a post like this. But there's bigger fish to fry out there. I can wait and see with Luke.
This is an interesting take. I don't believe you and I have ever played together, what gives you any impression on what size fish I am ? Or that giving me time will make a difference?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 122, Ydrasse wrote:it's an opener i can't really sort let alone being responsible for a pt to sort it in without unraveling a lot of mental knots
ok i understand that. the main reason i wanted it was just that if you happen to be town and came around to a TR on me, i felt like our pt would be a very awesome one to have. like my reads are generally bad but yours are good and in general pt dynamics between two town who TR each other are just good.

i also felt like offering to dance with you would be something that scum me would just never do and i felt like it would show a level of trust that scum me would never be willing to place in town you (again assuming you are town)

all bets were placed on town ydra and while that may seem unreasonable, its a gamble that i felt was worth it so it's what i chose. this is super explainy but that was my thought process. it doesnt make sense in every way but it doesn't really have to to be real.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 127, Lukewarm wrote:Just as a heads up, I am actively trying to bring down the site wide perception of me being super high energy all of the time. Because, it is pretty not fun when I am town in a low energy irl day, and then everyone decides that low energy luke = scum luke, and so then low energy irl luke feels pressured to amp it up to not eat a miselim.

Take from that what you will, but I am aware that that might lead to me eating some miselims before people buy that I am changing my town playstyle for my own benefit.
I mean, hey, just do what you want!! have a good time!! don't feel like you HAVE to keep up some insane energy all the time, enjoy the game!!!

Like, I know I'll be gone like all tues/thursdays I have to make up for that with more effort on the non tues/thursdays
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 129, Andante wrote:and like, @ fire, it doesn't feel like you're even trying to sort anyone right now
i sorted bell and that wasn't enough for you

most people i don't have a very good read on yet. i haven't danced before so the lack of votes is changing the vibes and making me less sure on reads
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 131, Lukewarm wrote:This is an interesting take. I don't believe you and I have ever played together, what gives you any impression on what size fish I am ? Or that giving me time will make a difference?
oh, not in that way.

If I'd have to call it now I'd eliminate Bell. I could see us getting lucky with Noraa. Not that bothered with Fire.

You? Pretty meh read. I'd need more to go on compared to some of the others. I'm happy to let you be for a while.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i do have one tentative scumread which is myko but i wanted to check out some past games since idk them as a player
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 135, mykonian wrote:If I'd have to call it now I'd eliminate Bel
why
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Andante »

response to 134

lol the "bell posts a lot. bell town" ?? right.. cause those posts are real towny... mehh I think there's plenty for some initial reads on folks
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Andante »

Bell + Fire should pair up tbh...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Andante »

that solves that issue tbh, and they just go tomorrow
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 132, Noraa wrote:
In post 122, Ydrasse wrote:it's an opener i can't really sort let alone being responsible for a pt to sort it in without unraveling a lot of mental knots
ok i understand that. the main reason i wanted it was just that if you happen to be town and came around to a TR on me, i felt like our pt would be a very awesome one to have. like my reads are generally bad but yours are good and in general pt dynamics between two town who TR each other are just good.

i also felt like offering to dance with you would be something that scum me would just never do and i felt like it would show a level of trust that scum me would never be willing to place in town you (again assuming you are town)

all bets were placed on town ydra and while that may seem unreasonable, its a gamble that i felt was worth it so it's what i chose. this is super explainy but that was my thought process. it doesnt make sense in every way but it doesn't really have to to be real.
Is this something that you thought about before the day started, or was this your gut reaction to the day opening and Ydra's opening posts?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Noraa »

I think people should pair up based on their posting frequency. It doesnt make sense to pair a high frequency poster with a low frequency poster. it would be "wasting" the high frequency posts because pts can make sorting easier a lot of the time.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 142, Noraa wrote:I think people should pair up based on their posting frequency. It doesnt make sense to pair a high frequency poster with a low frequency poster. it would be "wasting" the high frequency posts because pts can make sorting easier a lot of the time.
This approach seems so arbitrary. Is that something that has been done in other Dance Games?

[This is my first real dance game - just a marathon one time, and those are wild]
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 141, Lukewarm wrote:Is this something that you thought about before the day started, or was this your gut reaction to the day opening and Ydra's opening posts?
it was a gut reaction for sure. that post was me trying to explain that gut reaction in hindsight and put it into words.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 144, Noraa wrote:
In post 141, Lukewarm wrote:Is this something that you thought about before the day started, or was this your gut reaction to the day opening and Ydra's opening posts?
it was a gut reaction for sure. that post was me trying to explain that gut reaction in hindsight and put it into words.
noted.

You had a couple of posts about leading with an offer to dance with Ydra that seemed pretty thought out for something you did in your first post of the game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 137, Noraa wrote:
In post 135, mykonian wrote:If I'd have to call it now I'd eliminate Bel
why
So Andante is playing how I used to like to play day 1. He's happily drawing fire for me here so I can just let him do his thing. But does mean I feel pretty comfortable with how the game goes.

The way you catch scum with it is that between pushing and pulling town in different directions scum isn't keeping up with the responses. You might get lucky with one of your pushes but likely it's the 10ish people watching the show where scum actually is. Newb scum tries to hit the breaks. Better scum try to respond or goes off doing their own thing.

Fire is responding just being generally meh about everything. They are a bit egocentric for my taste but they aren't walking out of step.

Bell's knee jerk in comparison (the other player that goes with the idea that this is wrong and should slow down) is to actually post just that and nothing else. They spend 4 posts about how this all shouldn't go so quickly and we can all just respond to the current situation (andante pushing noraa) later.

Spoiler: posts in question
In post 35, Bell wrote:*stares off into the distance*
Did Noraa just decline a conflict of words

I need a moment to process this and decide if they just scum claimed or not.
Probably not because they’re perfectly capable of getting into it as scum.
In post 56, Bell wrote:K.
*slams* breaks.
Both of you. Shush for a little. I already see where this is going.
Let’s all lurk for a bit before inevitably losing self control and spamming again.
In post 73, Bell wrote:I’m confident you will never run out of things to say or think Andante. Turn the faucet down to drip. You’ll have plenty of time to reaction test, prod, scum and town read everybody at least once.

@mala, hi.
@dunnstral: I don’t think Noraa has seen my extremely limited in improvement scum game.
But you can protest it, sure.
In post 84, Bell wrote:Andante and Noraa both get into it a lot and it will take up pages and pages of arguments when both of them can arguably be sorted well enough without the back and forth.

Hi myko.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 146, mykonian wrote:So Andante is playing how I used to like to play day 1. He's happily drawing fire for me here so I can just let him do his thing. But does mean I feel pretty comfortable with how the game goes.
IS THIS A COMPLIMENT FOR HOW IM PLAYING? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I realize I forgot to announce this in the opening posts but this game has a
Posting Limit
for the Main Thread.

Players are limited to 200 posts per Phase Each - if the limit is reached you will be given five extra posts per Realtime Day as a special allowance.

Examples of Phases are: Pre-Dance, Till Death do Us Part, A New Hope, The Dance, Final Dance, etc
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Prism »

can someone just write me a one page guide on how to scumhunt or form rational thoughts again my mind is shot for the night

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”