Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 592, Lukewarm wrote:I think proposing to fire results in fire getting hammer between me and Cephrir, and I am left behind today
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Noraa »

i kind of hate the gamestate right now.
i feel like im responsible for reading dunn and i also feel like every single situation is bad except for the specific situation where dunn is scum and i get them out today.

if i die, town dunn will get heat for my read on them. SPECIFICALLY town dunn because scum dunn will wiggle their way out of it
if dunn dies, i just get flashwagoned tomorrow
but if dunn is scum and i die, they'll just float to the end and then i feel like im responsible for that

i hate how paranoid i am and i hate that i just constantly want to be like ok everyone shut up just leave me out today and then all i can think of is like oh my god noraa everyone's going to just scumread you for saying that like why do i even care at this point?!?!?!??!? sigh alright
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Bell »

In post 851, Andante wrote:people want a ceph and fire pair?? fire is mafia... I'm pretty sure ceph isn't
You’re mafia, I’m pretty sure. Or you’re extremely anti town for no reason which sent my TR of you to the Stone Age.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Noraa »

Datisi shifting is not surprising but its frustrating because datisi holds sole power here. Dunnstral made a good choice because 1v1ing for a dance partner against me is the easiest thing to do in this gamestate.

one last time, datisi is scum dunn going to be harder to catch or is scum noraa going to be harder to catch?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Malakittens »

right now i'm leaning more than i'm prob gonna accept Luke over Dunn

also noraa i got very upset that you dont wanna pt with me :(
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Prism »

In post 877, Bell wrote:
In post 851, Andante wrote:people want a ceph and fire pair?? fire is mafia... I'm pretty sure ceph isn't
You’re mafia, I’m pretty sure. Or you’re extremely anti town for no reason which sent my TR of you to the Stone Age.
i logged in and this was the first thing i saw

horrible fuckin read
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Prism »

In post 867, Lukewarm wrote:Prism, one of (myko, enchant), but never both
Dunn
should get policyflipped
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 879, Malakittens wrote:right now i'm leaning more than i'm prob gonna accept Luke over Dunn

I thought you SRed me and was going to tunnel me so i didnt want it. I'm willing to pt with you but i would like lukewarm to get a pt as well.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Noraa »

Mala can you just accept lukewarms offer. pretty please :(
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Bell »

Yeah, no anybody who says they’re gunna stop playing mid game and then actually stops posting when huge walls are exchanged has zero solve motivation.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Prism »

if there's one thing lukewarm knows to watch for from scum-prism it's completely AFKing

not a response to bell's last post
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Bell »

Would Lukewarm actually doubt you when you said you had RL stuff to deal with.
My policy has always been “just believe them, because the other option is ew”.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Andante »

In post 877, Bell wrote:
why am I being anti town for no reason? what? I've been busy, sorry I can't be here 24/7...
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Bell »

Question for Fire, I know love is blind but what do you think of cephrir so far? In terms of gameplay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Bell »

In post 536, Andante wrote:
In post 531, Datisi wrote:
In post 525, Andante wrote:why did enchant wait till pressured to accept? like, I'd have completely understood not wanting to pair.. like "I DON'T TR ENCHANT" "ENCHANT DANCE WITH ME" that's just.. if myko is town, myko leaves first chance they get.... so why would enchant want to pair with myko?? makes no sense to me, but then the pressure and enchant is like "i accept" like, what??
does that make enchant scum for you? because accepting a dance with a partner who outright doesn't townread you feels like a very shitty strategy, especially when your game-gender is in the minority
I'm not certain actually, but there's something about that I really don't like, and that pair could honestly be S/S and I think that's the best explanation for why people are acting like they are here?? idk, I think I'll just be going back
to plan of doing nothing till everyone else pairs up then dealing with it
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Andante »

In post 879, Malakittens wrote:right now i'm leaning more than i'm prob gonna accept Luke over Dunn

I'd accept noraa over luke and dunn actually I think, noraa doesn't want to pair with you?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Prism »

In post 886, Bell wrote:Would Lukewarm actually doubt you when you said you had RL stuff to deal with.
My policy has always been “just believe them, because the other option is ew”.
i felt like shit yesterday but it's been 2 days and i haven't even tried to really steer shit

also i literally do not care how bad i feel, as scum i have posted while throwing up and sick, i have posted blacked out alone in a ditch lmao
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Andante »

In post 889, Bell wrote:
In post 536, Andante wrote:
In post 531, Datisi wrote:
In post 525, Andante wrote:why did enchant wait till pressured to accept? like, I'd have completely understood not wanting to pair.. like "I DON'T TR ENCHANT" "ENCHANT DANCE WITH ME" that's just.. if myko is town, myko leaves first chance they get.... so why would enchant want to pair with myko?? makes no sense to me, but then the pressure and enchant is like "i accept" like, what??
does that make enchant scum for you? because accepting a dance with a partner who outright doesn't townread you feels like a very shitty strategy, especially when your game-gender is in the minority
I'm not certain actually, but there's something about that I really don't like, and that pair could honestly be S/S and I think that's the best explanation for why people are acting like they are here?? idk, I think I'll just be going back
to plan of doing nothing till everyone else pairs up then dealing with it
lol ah yah, I mean hey, yall been talking getting reads, I'm out of the way. I hate when I'm the main one talking, like, then it feels like I'm controlling the conversation, and when I'm controlling it, I can't read interactions of people cause if I have everyone talking to me, and not to each other, that really doesn't help with seeing how people naturally interact, plus like I was legit busy irl so I said that. I don't see the issue?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Prism »

some people call such pride neurotic i call it competitive
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Bell »

Yeah, but that’s a bad idea and you should take care of yourself and just say “sorry everyone, I’m sick I’m going to focus on that, will post feeling better”
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 894, Bell wrote:Yeah, but that’s a bad idea and you should take care of yourself and just say “sorry everyone, I’m sick I’m going to focus on that, will post feeling better”
why do people have to announce here when they're sick?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 800, Datisi wrote:
In post 774, Dunnstral wrote:Your bemoaning about how you would drag datisi down but not being willing to swap your partner or even comment on it is minus points
this is something that really caught my eye and i like that dunnstral pointed it out

because if noraa really was that worried about zir dragging a townie down, why is zir still thinking about pairing with me if i'm town?
In post 785, Noraa wrote:how does it block you? it gives you datisi so you dont have to 1v1 anyone to get a dance partner
and this part, coupled with the above, is also ??? because i have agency in this? i make the final choice who i'm dancing with? like, i feel like a goal-oriented townie that wants to solve the game is like, gonna talk to me and get me to listen who to pair with, while scum is gonna be afraid that i'm gonna see through them and change my mind and is trying to shut the idea down before it even sets off
this hadn't caught my eye until dunn brought it up but fwiw i thought it was a pretty strong point

fwiw my noraa read is also sort of predicated on the idea that ze realized ze was scumposting somewhere around when i started attacking zir in earnest and is trying to change on a dime to zir more emotion based play.

this is actually me giving ze credit as a scum player. it's something that i did in a game quite a while ago, when ffery pointed out that i was playing my scum meta, and i realized she was right, so i immediately turned around and started giving my town meta solely because of that comment. iirc i won that game.
In post 805, Ydrasse wrote:but despite all that i’m kind of like

is it silly to have 3/3 scum unpaired right now

because for me i think it leaves it in noraa/luke/mala/fire but the latter two are kind of reads that are just There right now as poe more than a strong reason to believe they’re mafia

and then the other wolf in my brain looks at like bell but then goes 3 gentleman mafia reads? hmmmm
please don't dismiss 3-gentleman or 3-lady teams. i would be shocked if mods did not randomize this.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Prism »

you're not my catboi and also yesterday was just a bad migraine

my point is that luke thinking i am scum here is nonsensical when he fully knows i am obsessive and exacting control freak
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Prism »

In post 895, Andante wrote:
In post 894, Bell wrote:Yeah, but that’s a bad idea and you should take care of yourself and just say “sorry everyone, I’m sick I’m going to focus on that, will post feeling better”
why do people have to announce here when they're sick?
he's suggesting a healthier alternative to my neurotic obsession with complete control/winning as scum, see 891

not saying anything about this game
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 838, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 329, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 323, Lukewarm wrote:This is an interesting stance. Just because Cehprir is a lovely person? Or are you town reading Cephrir currently (and if yes, why)?
its a copypasta, so... mostly joking

i don't have much of a read on ceph yet but would not like him to be left behind at this time
In post 544, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 499, Dunnstral wrote:I suspect that fireisred is going to want to save Cephrir here. Incidentally I also think that Cephrir could go either way.
i doubt it will come down to you two as the choice anyway. but i could go either way
In post 730, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 725, Noraa wrote:really? ydrasse and fire both think you are town. explicitly town.
i wouldn't say that, i thought he was townyish at first, then found your case somewhat convincing, and then now am back to thinking he's townyish

i think the lesson here is that im very easily convinced
Yeah this person is definitely dead set in their read and Lukewarm could never convince them otherwise
This is sort of valid. I think Luke got this take secondhand, i.e. a lot of players were treating my fire pair as inevitable even though fire's posts don't actually seem as insurmountable as the general consensus has treated it
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”