Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1391, Prism wrote:At some point I should stop trolling but of any potential townflips mine is probably the least disastrous, scumflip would be ace though
Especially hate this
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Prism »

Either of those flipping town is straight speedrunning it straight to ELO and what makes Aristeia's reaction so funny is not just the hilarity of shared clownship, but that I literally have a single townread on me, everyone else scumleans me or is fencesitting and I am practically an inevitable flip.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:10 am

Post by fireisredsir »

scum want a prism wagon, don't fall for scum propaganda!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
I prefer they, thanks :)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1401, Prism wrote:Either of those flipping town is straight speedrunning it straight to ELO and what makes Aristeia's reaction so funny is not just the hilarity of shared clownship, but that I literally have a single townread on me, everyone else scumleans me or is fencesitting and I am practically an inevitable flip.
I've won games without a single townread before

playing scum is not about being townread
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:12 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1403, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
by that i just meant that im not 100% townlocking them
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Prism »

I don't disagree (@Ari) but ~time reveals all~
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1402, fireisredsir wrote:scum want a prism wagon, don't fall for scum propaganda!
Yeah watch out. Fire, who has not taken any serious stance on prism, really doesn't want this lim.
YOUR AD HERE

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1403, Dwlee99 wrote:
The pool is literally the people I am willing to eliminate, where 2 are better options IMO than the other 2.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1407, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1402, fireisredsir wrote:scum want a prism wagon, don't fall for scum propaganda!
Yeah watch out. Fire, who has not taken any serious stance on prism, really doesn't want this lim.
are we partners
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1409, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1407, VP Baltar wrote:
are we partners
Judging by your freakout, probably.

Lol, I love that you are all in on this being a good point.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i just thought it was funny that you danced around saying it in like 5 different posts but never did
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i want you to commit to your stances! it's healthy! good for the heart
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Enchant »

Idk if Prism!Scum antagonises me in voting
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1411, fireisredsir wrote:i just thought it was funny that you danced around saying it in like 5 different posts but never did
Yeah, this invented issue by you is clearly a salient point that points to scum me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1412, fireisredsir wrote:i want you to commit to your stances! it's healthy! good for the heart
It took you 46 pages to vote me when I am the main person you have focused on all day.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

its also funny cause vp thinks that i think i have some big gotcha or something, but i don't. it really was just a passing thought and he's the one who had made it into a big deal by squirming around it and acting weird and being afraid to actually put words to the things that he's implying
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Prism »

Fuck it sure

VOTE: Baltar
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1415, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1412, fireisredsir wrote:i want you to commit to your stances! it's healthy! good for the heart
It took you 46 pages to vote me when I am the main person you have focused on all day.
did you miss where i was sus of dwlee and skitter more for most of the day and also where i didn't really want to push wagons while i wasn't around to see how people respond to them
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Prism »

1413 is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda free but at this point I'm fine going between Baltar/me

Somewhere Aristeia runs in from the street screaming "THEY WANT YOU TO GO OUTSIDE IT'S A JEDI MIND TRICK"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1413, Enchant wrote:Idk if Prism!Scum antagonises me in voting
I still cannot for the life of me understand why you would willingly invite votes and getting run up to E-1 as a doctor-like role.

Maybe I never will.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1419, Prism wrote:I'm fine going between Baltar/me
same
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1418, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1415, VP Baltar wrote:
did you miss where i was sus of dwlee and skitter more for most of the day and also where i didn't really want to push wagons while i wasn't around to see how people respond to them
you talk about me as much or more than those two, yet you voted both of them and slinked around me for 46 pages like a jackal scoping a watering hole until I started pushing on you. People can read your ISO and ctrl+f "VP" "Dwlee" "Skitter"
YOUR AD HERE

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

Not gonna pull these posts, but the start of the game fire is just kind of there not really doing anything for a while.
In post 213, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 203, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 34, VP Baltar wrote:Zero points for claiming ascetic. that's basic moves.
I could just pick this post instead idk I'm right about what I said
its the fact that you said it and the example you gave doesn't support it. that makes me think you just pulled up his iso and grabbed a post that you thought supported your argument to add to your evidence pile. but if it was a genuine read then there was some actual post out there that informed that read, and you would have found that one instead
Not planning to relitigate this whole Dwlee thing, but I think this shows layered thought.
In post 272, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 255, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 247, fireisredsir wrote:vp this seems like a weird thing to pick on ngl
Nah. You catch scum D1 in a game like this by looking for people acting awkward. Especially in a game with lots of killers like this, scum will have a hard time finding a rhythm immediately. They will misread intentions and try to act natural. There is a whole artiface to D1 as scum where you need to get in the flow.
well if thats the case, then i think you're the one who feels the most awkward and having a hard time finding a rhythm
I don't really enjoy mindmelding as a tell but I was thinking the same thing. I wonder whether this "awkward" theme has made it to VP's present.

Since I already got to the end of reading fire's iso and landed on probably town, and thinking about what people have said about me being uncharitable towards skitter, I wonder whether this exercise is just exposing gut-reads I wasn't ready to admit I had. But uh, please enjoy the Shuichi-flavored candy coating I've provided for them, nonetheless.
In post 337, fireisredsir wrote:that reminds me, i think dwlee was talking about a datisi/vp team?

surely in that case datisi is excited and stays up past his bedtime to knock out some theatre in the early thread first

same goes for datisi/ari probably
I didn't especially agree with this, but it's thoughtful.
In post 640, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 626, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 133, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 120, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Novice mailman is a pretty strange role no doubt. Why is a mailman so good it needs to be nerfed?
it seems to me like a lot of closed setups have at least one role that on some level is "the mods messing with players who try to setup spec"
You have examples that come to mind for you?
dwlee was a backup vig in a game with no vig

idk i feel like it happens a lot, mods don't like people being able to solve their setups so they mess with expectations
This is an avenue that hasn't been brought up a lot, but it seems to me like scum with not-prism should be happy to hop on this mech thing. Did anyone really do that? One could argue skitter did the opposite to look town, but she's retread the ground enough times that I think she probably just earnestly does not believe the mech stuff is a slam dunk even if she's scum.
In post 875, fireisredsir wrote:my only real townreads are ari and shuichi if that wasn't already clear
I was surprised to see anyone townreading me highly at this point. I would be a pretty good choice for a pocket target for a scum fire. I am pocketable and all the more so by his archetype of player. Remind me to bring up something else around this point later.

I can acknowledge that there might be elements of personality reading setting me askew this game. Trying to maintain a healthy sphere of paranoia.
In post 1005, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 712, VP Baltar wrote:I don't love that basically the entire player list supports a skitter lim
i can't remember if anyone talked about this but i think it's bad for several reasons

one is that this is a 9p, its not like 2 scum are gonna have a large social influence on the game if one of them is being run up. the 1 partner could be one of the people who is like "yeah skitter kinda scummy" but not really pushing there, or it could be they already decided skitter is going down and are bussing, or it could be enchant who hasn't really given any reads

another reason is that vp was calling for more skitter votes and for a skitter wagon for like the whole early game. and then when he gets what he wants and skitter's response to pressure is, as he says, "not great", suddenly he backs off with the reasoning that there were too many people supporting the elim

like i don't think its valid at all to think that someone can't be scum in a 9p when they are a mostly consensus scumread

and vp's progression on skitter kinda makes me think that the team is just vp/skitt and they were like haha let's make an early push for pressure and towncred bc skitter is a strong player who can handle it and won't get limmed, oh oops, people actually agreed, ahhh, what now, find somewhere else to push

and skitter voting datisi when that seemed to be the likely push but then now switching to dwlee is just... kinda scummy

so i guess what im saying is

VOTE: skitter

let's bring this one back
He said it first, but I do like that his attention happened to turn to skitter at roughly the same time I started thinking about her and I don't think anything clearly prompted that. It could be a coincidence but yeah.

I really agree with the point that 2 scum can only do so much to influence a game state, as well. I think this is something I see people worrying about an unreasonable amount in general, but it's especially true here, and since there are only 2, their awareness of moving in lockstep is likely to be higher.
In post 1054, fireisredsir wrote:i also don't really think that the reasons you are casing dats are very scummy things in this specific game, skitter. like, weak reads, self-doubt, even the existential dread. im feeling most of those things as well so i don't really see it as that scummy. and its not like he's going over the top in playing it up, if he were i could totally see how that's scummy behavior, but i don't feel an overabundance of woe is me.

i think it would be believable that he would imitate those vibes as scum, but it's kind of a risky play unless he really sells it hard and i don't think he is, so the alternative would be to just project more confidence. there's been times when he has (someone said "bluster-y"?) but its always felt pretty thin and transparent, and his honest thoughts shine through pretty easily and quickly. compare to when he pushed on fua in the large, that felt blustery but he went like all in on it and really played it up

so the being kind of in the middle here just reads more as honest to me but trying at times to be good strong town player even when he doesn't fully believe in his own reads

In post 1158, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1152, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1150, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 875, fireisredsir wrote:my only real townreads are ari and shuichi if that wasn't already clear
Did you explain your shuichi townread?
Link is fine if so
no idea how much ive explained it if at all. but its mostly that he's been thinking good thoughts imo and mostly things i agree with, and when i went through looking for potentially scummy positioning plays and found some from almost everyone, him and ari were the two (and enchant, I think, but that hardly counts) that i didn't find anything for. there were some moments of paranoia (im getting flashbacks to when me+DV were very similar reads in the recent large and then after a while i got paranoid of that but eventually came back around), but then also right when i showed up with a skitter vote he was doing a dive on skitter and found her scummy, and we posted at like the same time

so the multiple instances of being on the same track makes me think town, and nothing makes me think scum. he's also not making any real active attempts to pocket me, mostly keeping his distance, the directional similarity feels pretty natural. again, similar vibes to the situation with DV, who did end up being town
I loosely followed the game fire is talking about and so can see this thought process as organic.
In post 1256, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1252, VP Baltar wrote:Where did I say that's off the table?
you didn't (and that's not what I said), but i didn't see you explicitly bring it up either, and i think that would have been your natural town response to my if your stated reads are honest
In post 1251, fireisredsir wrote:i think a town vp would be partner reading me with prism here. he has everyone as a townread except me, prism, shuichi, and im apparently pocketing shuichi. i haven't really engaged with prism much or talked about her, and when he poked about it i gave a pretty noncommittal answer. but he let that go, which i found strange

maybe he hasn't commented on that explicitly bc he knows prism would object to that idea
To build on this a little.

Refer back to 640 (quoted above) with me for a moment. Baltar dug up post 133, which to me, looks like a post he could have made if he was thinking about fire & Prism as a team. I lost the thread of what he's been saying more recently for a minute and was prepared to come say "hey, look, a golden thread through VP's trajectory," but that's in fact the opposite of what he's saying now. (I know this part just makes me sound stupid but I'm leaving it in)

Sure, trying to solve the game all at once isn't every player's style (and it isn't mine either) but if you allegedly think you have all the scum in a 3 player big net idk it feels like it would make sense to think about pairing them to me. 1214 seemed to me equivalent to fire shouting "I'm not comfortable talking about prism!" which would definitely get my attention if I suspected both him and prism.

And as fire said, if fire is pocketing me that implies I'm town (even though baltar thinks i'm scum ??) which should leave him only one solve.

--

If I were to make a point against fire, I might say that he has simply not done that much. Outside of some isolated more effortful posts, VP does have a point about just wanting to townread players who are chill-vibing. ANd that's absolutely something I'm susceptible to.
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1422, VP Baltar wrote:you talk about me as much or more than those two, yet you voted both of them and slinked around me for 46 pages like a jackal scoping a watering hole until I started pushing on you. People can read your ISO and ctrl+f "VP" "Dwlee" "Skitter"
yes indeed my vote on you in post was a reaction to you starting your push on me in , you've solved it

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”